Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ Dec 8 2016, 12:21 AM) *
@Jack - IC is pretty clear.

@Vexboy - John slashing the troll's throat happens after your not-falling-off test, so will still need that...

Climbing Agl 6 + Gymnastics(Climbing) 8 + Hang Time Foci Bonus 4 + Natural Athlete Bonus 2: 20d6t5 7

Do you believe in miracles?
Jack_Spade
Nice. I like the rigger's style. There might be a use for her some time later
mister__joshua
Can I have a bit of a brief heads up about my situation? I've bailed but I'm not sure how far the truck had moved, in which direction, if anyone has seen or is moving to intercept me. Can I get the RV to come pick me up?

Not sure where I came in initiative either.

@Team: I know Rave is distracting the police, but surely they've noticed something by now. How do you think herding kids will go? I strongly advise we cut and run; this has gone flawlessly so far. I'd say so in IC, but Jan doesn't really know what's being planned smile.gif
Jack_Spade
As far as John is concerned, he'll just get them out and point them in the direction of the police before bailing out.
Hopefully the rigger will honor the agreement so we can get them out without damaging them even more.

He'll tell the team as soon as we leave ini mode.
Raiderj
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 8 2016, 11:03 AM) *
As far as John is concerned, he'll just get them out and point them in the direction of the police before bailing out.
Hopefully the rigger will honor the agreement so we can get them out without damaging them even more.

He'll tell the team as soon as we leave ini mode.

Vexboy's comm is down. He literally doesn't know whats going on. He is trying to stop the truck.
Jack_Spade
Oh, well in that case it seems I've picked the perfect time for John to develop a speech impediment.
mister__joshua
Haha. Well I let everyone know I was away with the target, and Vexboy saw me. As far as Jan is concerned that's mission complete if he can get a pick-up. Whatever else you guys do is on you nyahnyah.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Dec 8 2016, 01:55 AM) *

Looks like you avoiid falling off and, since we are going off combat time now, I'll look forward to the IC relating your harrowing 12-meter journey along a bucking semi.
Raiderj
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 8 2016, 06:21 PM) *
Oh, well in that case it seems I've picked the perfect time for John to develop a speech impediment.

You know how many cartoons Vexboy watches? Im reasonably sure that unless you suddenly speak binary he can understand your english.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Dec 8 2016, 09:27 AM) *
Can I have a bit of a brief heads up about my situation? I've bailed but I'm not sure how far the truck had moved, in which direction, if anyone has seen or is moving to intercept me. Can I get the RV to come pick me up?

Not sure where I came in initiative either.

@Team: I know Rave is distracting the police, but surely they've noticed something by now. How do you think herding kids will go? I strongly advise we cut and run; this has gone flawlessly so far. I'd say so in IC, but Jan doesn't really know what's being planned smile.gif

It's only been about three seconds since you jumped, and now the truck is going to stop, so you're maybe a block away, if that.

No one appears to be bothering you - cops haven't had time to react, and the gangers are apparently all down or out of the fight.

Rave will be communicating with you shortly - a real conversation with the cops actually takes a lot longer than second-by-second combat, so assuming she got their attention, the ones by the border wouldn't be after you yet.

And yes, the RV will be swinging by to pick you up right away, and the air spirit is concealing you and the kid as well.

I am going to do an IC of what happens with the truck/rigger and Rave. So I'll leave getting picked up by DES to you, if you want.

@JDragon - good scene with the gangers, but seems it cost you the truck action. You can be there, or join the RV, now. Whichever works for whatever you want to do RP-wise.
adamu
@Jack - your intention in the OOC seemed to be to honor the agreement and let her go, so I let her go. Easy enough to catch her if you change your mind.

@All - basically just role-playing now. Do let me know if you want to hang around and talk to the cops...though probably not only unwise for yourselves, it would make your Johnsons the witches pretty unhappy. Up to you, though.

Leaving won't be a problem, DES is right there, and the RV is not associated with the fight. He's a rigger, has spirits to conceal you, and is also watching the traffic/police with drones. That's also how Rave knew you'd secured the truck - watching through a drone feed.

I'll be around to help with role-playing any wrap-up you may want to do that needs refereeing or NPC interaction....
Jack_Spade
@adamu

correct, there is nothing to gain by killing her and only more damage to get.

The next scene will contain John using a medical stapler to fix up his face a bit wink.gif
mister__joshua
So, is Tangled Currents nearing an end? If so I've got a few Triads to deal with....
JDragon
IC getting Rocky back to the RV up.

Waiting to see what comes next.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Dec 9 2016, 06:32 PM) *
So, is Tangled Currents nearing an end? If so I've got a few Triads to deal with....

Just speaking for my side of TC (Mercy's is Mercy's), this run is basically over. Hopefully the campaign is not.

What I am going to do now is take a hiatus from ACTIVE GMing to write what comes next. Honestly speaking, I felt that this game was pretty much my worst GMing ever in terms of story, pacing, game management, and so on. Partly becauseof the experimental initial structure, but also I just didn't give it the attention it deserved due to time constraints. I hope to solve most of these issues by doing much more extensive prep for the next step. I am guessing this will take me three or four months.

Once I feel ready to do a better job, I'll be reaching out to all the players that stuck with this game with invites (hopefully at least a couple will come back with the same characters for story flow sake ). Then if we need more may widen recruit net.

In the meantime, I will be available to GM any of personal projects your characters may want to pursue. These would have to be player driven. I would be happy to play NPCs, adjudicate things where you feel you need it, etc. And maybe toss a wrench /spanner your way occasionally. But I'd basically be passive, not pushing the story forward with external events.

So just let me know if you need anything
And if you make your way back to the safe house with the kid, of course there could be a wrap up scene there..
JDragon
@Adamu Thanks for running, it was fun. The scenario was different and I liked that you let us figure out our own way the handle the final encounter. Unless something crazy happens I plan to be around with Rocky for what ever comes next.

I'll use the down time to spend the karma and cash he's earned and try to get him back in running shape.

Any idea at this point how much time will pass in game between chapters?

JD
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Dec 10 2016, 03:16 PM) *
Any idea at this point how much time will pass in game between chapters?

JD

I was vaguely thinking something like a month or so, but that can totally be flexible to the players' downtime needs.
mister__joshua
Personally I've really enjoyed it. Particularly the start with the individual GM:Player interaction.

I was thinking Jan may reach out to Al and John to take care of the 88s issue. I don't much like living in a hovel. I'm sure there's plenty of other organisations in Seattle that'd happily pay to get rid of them. Would you have a problem playing GM and a character, or should I ask Aria to GM?

Also as I'm finding a bit more time for playing atm I wouldn't mind doing a bit of GMing in the new year maybe.
Raiderj
I enjoyed it. Though I am not sure what I really contributed. It was fun nonethless.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Dec 10 2016, 05:02 PM) *
I enjoyed it. Though I am not sure what I really contributed. It was fun nonethless.

I think that was just unfortunate timing. You were unable to post just when the action kicked off. Otherwise I think you'd probably have taken my role of sneaking on to the truck smile.gif
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Dec 10 2016, 05:34 PM) *
Personally I've really enjoyed it. Particularly the start with the individual GM:Player interaction.

I was thinking Jan may reach out to Al and John to take care of the 88s issue. I don't much like living in a hovel. I'm sure there's plenty of other organisations in Seattle that'd happily pay to get rid of them. Would you have a problem playing GM and a character, or should I ask Aria to GM?

Also as I'm finding a bit more time for playing atm I wouldn't mind doing a bit of GMing in the new year maybe.

John will be up for that kind of business after a few days of repairs. But I'm also preparing an alternate character for when the real next game starts.
mister__joshua
In my head John looks like Nick Valentine. I can't get past it nyahnyah.gif
Jack_Spade
I haven't played FO4 yet, but a quick google search tells me that you aren't far of the mark - although John's face is a lot smoother.

mister__joshua
Just thought I'd look at updating my character sheet and discovered that Jan has made exactly 100 IC posts nyahnyah.gif
Mercy
LOL I just read where Jan is looking to do something with the 88s and Tanya is there. What a coincidence.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Mercy @ Dec 14 2016, 05:34 AM) *
LOL I just read where Jan is looking to do something with the 88s and Tanya is there. What a coincidence.

Yeah, I think adamu is going to speak to you about it in the next few days to make sure we don't clash. Or do wink.gif
mister__joshua
Our Dumpshock domination is complete! No other games appear on the front page as being played in the last 30 days
Aria
biggrin.gif
Raiderj
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Dec 14 2016, 01:01 PM) *
Our Dumpshock domination is complete! No other games appear on the front page as being played in the last 30 days

We am become Death! The Derailer of Boards!
mister__joshua
I've been working on Jan's character sheet a bit. I've still not done the important things like spend any of his karma or money. Or his free contact points he still has sitting there....

But I have reworked his background to better fit his character nyahnyah.gif
Raiderj
Looks like everything is back to normal.
Aria
I don't fragging believe it! SG gone down again?!?
Raiderj
Should I add D-pop, Bronwyn, and Daphne as contacts on my sheet?
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Dec 24 2016, 06:11 PM) *
Should I add D-pop, Bronwyn, and Daphne as contacts on my sheet?

Umm, well, I'm pretty sure you have no contact info for D-Pop or Daphne. Bronwyn you do, so you could put her down.

Honestly, I could write an essay or two about my problems with the RAW treatment of contacts.

The numbers and all that are useful as a way of summarizing/quantifying the ones you started the game with. But since I am aware of the full history you have with all the people you've met since the game started, I don't need to rely on numbers and such to know how those NPCs will react in dealings with you.

Tell you what - if you are ever in a position where you're looking to take Vexboy into a new campaign, I'll give you some numbers on them to take to a new GM.

in the meantime, I think the most useful thing to do would be for me to write up some of the people you've met on the OP page - that would give you a fuller sense of them, which would allow you to use them more effectively.

As for IC - your last post kind of ended at a dead-end in terms of flow.
Not a problem - just saying that if I don't put anything up (I may or may not), feel free to continue on your own at any time.
Raiderj
I will. But I was hoping you would play Felix and help me roleplay glow city... I uh... Dont have much knowledge on such things.
adamu
Oh yeah, I'll be playing Felix, and most other NPCs as well. Don't worry about that.
Lots of fun ahead.

Just saying, if you post that you go home and go to bed, well, the next post may be yours as well (unless I throw something at you...!).
Raiderj
I will wait till after christmas to post. Say 3 days. If you got nothing I will post.
adamu
@Raider - as promised, I did a more full work-up of Bronwyn on the OP. Please keep in mind that pretty much all of the stuff there except regarding her appearance and outward demeanor is unknown to your character.
adamu
I'll be travelling for the next four days or so. Extremely unlikely to have a chance to post.

@Vexboy - this guy has any hazmat-related gear from the books available at a base list-price + 20%. Don't be shy about posting.

@JDragon - for reference, I plan on putting a write-up of Daphne on OP (some details will be useful when writing about her, others Rocky wouldn't (for now).
Raiderj
The MCT EE suit from Run and Gun comes to mind.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Dec 28 2016, 06:16 PM) *
The MCT EE suit from Run and Gun comes to mind.

See my post above.

Don't be afraid to go for it, especially in relatively mellow scenes like this.
Raiderj
http://pre05.deviantart.net/4cc2/th/pre/f/...d65-d7bisy2.jpg
Thats sleeping tiger insofar as the Shadorun forums say. Im gonna need a new look to keep Vexboy safe.
Im gonna keep his current look as street clothes and get some new registered guns and get some copies of his old ones off the books. Vexboy uses Fichetti while Vincent rocks some colt americans.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Jan 3 2017, 11:46 PM) *
http://pre05.deviantart.net/4cc2/th/pre/f/...d65-d7bisy2.jpg
Thats sleeping tiger insofar as the Shadorun forums say. Im gonna need a new look to keep Vexboy safe.
Im gonna keep his current look as street clothes and get some new registered guns and get some copies of his old ones off the books. Vexboy uses Fichetti while Vincent rocks some colt americans.

Love the link to the artwork.

Such a help in helping us have a shared image.
Aria
@Mercy: not sure how you want to play Seeker's search for our missing heroes?!? I imagine she will need some extensive matrix searches, credit trails, facial recogs etc... Silk should be able to help with that side of things, or possibly eTher if the Big Guns are needed!? What would work for you in terms of legwork etc?
Imladir
Small hint: Matrix searches do work wink.gif
Oh and another free one: and it's probably not a good idea ^^
Mercy
Matrix searches should work. Just be aware that there are probably lots of people looking for these guys right now. Credit searches and other more mundane efforts should help, too. It depends on what you want to do. I can work an encounter into anything.
Aria
QUOTE (Mercy @ Jan 6 2017, 02:23 PM) *
Matrix searches should work. Just be aware that there are probably lots of people looking for these guys right now. Credit searches and other more mundane efforts should help, too. It depends on what you want to do. I can work an encounter into anything.

Sorry, I sort of meant how do you want me to deal with this IC/OoC?! I don't want to create responses from NPCs as I haven't read the other TC threads and have no idea what precautions 'Pistol Guy' has taken to stay off the grid (or even recall which of the TC threads I would find the intel in nyahnyah.gif)

In essence I will

1. Get Sine to run public datanet searches for intel...not likely to be much there unless a match is flagged on some social media site somewhere
2. Ask Silk what she can dig up on the faces / profiles provided to Seeker (I trust Silk to be discrete! smile.gif)
3. Use any leads to start 'pounding the streets' ...but as far as I can tell I don't have enough to begin that yet?! Or has Seeker spotted something that I haven't? biggrin.gif

When I conceived Seeker I think I'd had in mind the back-up of a team, soloing stuff in SR is bloody hard spin.gif
Imladir
"Pistol guy" is Echo / Bryant. His TC thread is here.

The main problem you will face is that you're starting on Sunday, and stuff happened on Echo's front up to Monday morning, with some hints of more on Spokane's thread Wednesday morning. Probably difficult to have a significant impact on that front until then. For the mercenaries it's even worse, Cynthia just "met" three of them, so on Wednesday at 2000 they are still running around.

Given your line of inquiries, the PCs you're more likely to run into are Cynthia and Spokane. Possibly Johnny, but he's looking at all that from the other end (sort of), whereas Spokane is interested on the mercenaries themselves, and Cynthia on their employers. Main problem though, is that to link with any of the three, you'd need to catch up: It's 2000 for Cynthia, 2130 for Spokane on Wednesday. It's a bit better for Johnny since its 2145 on Tuesday for him, but as I said the link is probably more difficult.

As for the rest, I'll let Mercy answer IC of course ^^
But quickly, some information: social media won't give you anything.
Half the hacker population of Seattle (and a good number of out of town hackers) are trying to find Echo. Finding out who he is and who he is working for is not too difficult (if you have a decent hacker contact anyway). Finding out where they are though... Lets say that it took some efforts from Cynthia, and she's not bad at this kind of things (Matrix side anyway)
Spokane managed to identify the mercenaries origin through some of his contacts, something you could probably manage on your side too. Problem is, same as Echo: identifying them is one thing, finding them another entirely. And by Wednesday evening, it hadn't been done yet.

A possibility that none of us dug through is to look at Echo's boss: the firm got bombed just after the events you're investigating, and he disappeared. It's unclear if he survived, but he seems to have vanished deep under ground. Not sure however it would bring a lot, since Riley (the boss) doesn't know much about what went on. Plus, if you go that route it'll take time and you're not likely to link with any of us for the time being.

As always it depends on what you want to do. If you want to link up with Cynthia and/or Spokane, it's probably not too difficult especially considering that Cynthia may be about to find where the mercenaries are holed up. She could meet Seeker there, and later Spokane. It would require to go through three days of Seeker's time in a couple of posts, but that's probably not a huge issue if everyone is willing to.
Mercy
We can indeed run Seeker through a few days of frustrating work that eventually leads you to another PC or two. That can happen over the space of a couple of IC posts if you like. Let me know and I can make it happen that you find something out. Perhaps the warehouse that Jeremiah and Cynthia will be looking at individually on Wednesday night that should bring them together?
Aria
QUOTE (Mercy @ Jan 9 2017, 02:35 PM) *
We can indeed run Seeker through a few days of frustrating work that eventually leads you to another PC or two. That can happen over the space of a couple of IC posts if you like. Let me know and I can make it happen that you find something out. Perhaps the warehouse that Jeremiah and Cynthia will be looking at individually on Wednesday night that should bring them together?
Rather than hold anyone up I'm going to ponder this a bit and come up with a better plan! At least in theory... quite happy for my investigations to take a few days if that sits well with the other timeframes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012