Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
JDragon
Thanks for the backup Jack. Maybe if I get lucky they will both be on the ground tangled in their bikes by the time you shoot. nyahnyah.gif
adamu
JD - the glitch won't matter because it will never come into play.

The first guy is unconscious from the moment you hit him, and then crashes - he's done.

Your plan forces the second to make a crash test, which he fails and goes down with his bike - still moving but doesn't look in good shape, and then John shoots him.

That finishes the combat turn.

You guys feel free to IC your exploits if you have time and inclination.

I plan to put up an IC of my own in about 24 from now, so I'll cover anything that's happened so far that you guys don't cover, and add what Rave and DES are doing. And whatever else may arise...
Jack_Spade
I'll wait for at least one other player to post, before John starts his vanishing act. wink.gif
mister__joshua
Yeah, I haven't posted my actions yet, sorry
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 21 2016, 06:31 PM) *
Yeah, I haven't posted my actions yet, sorry

Yeah, obviously besides the invitation for folks to do any further IC they want on the previous Combat Turn, need initiatives and first IP actions for next Combat Turn from everyone.
Jack_Spade
Ini Round 2: 14+5d6 32 [5d6=3, 6, 1, 6, 2]

Since John broke line of sight with the rest of the gangers (and shot the truck), he will now do what every sniper should do after two shots and changes location. For that he will use his run speed to run around the building he is currently using for cover (but not before flipping the bird to the bikers around the corner)

The plan is to reach a new position from where to distract and lead away the bikers

Stealth Maneuver: 17d6t5 8[17d6t5=6, 5, 1, 6, 1, 1, 2, 6, 5, 4, 1, 6, 1, 2, 6, 4, 6]

JDragon
Rock's Actions Round 2 - IP 1

Initiative: 9+3d6
Rolls: 2, 3, 6
Total: 20

Rocky will stick with what's working and keep running.

Sprint Roll
Running 2 + Strength 8 = 10 dice
Rolls: 6, 4, 6, 5, 6, 3, 5, 5, 4, 5 / 6 Hits
mister__joshua
I'm just waiting to see what's in the back of the truck before I do anything else, though I think I'm done for the round anyway.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 24 2016, 09:28 AM) *
I'm just waiting to see what's in the back of the truck before I do anything else, though I think I'm done for the round anyway.

Everyone's done - need your initiative - already got them from Jack and JD. (why do all three of you have J names?)

Have put up a "what you see in the imaginary moment between combat turns" IC.

Jack's first IP is done.
JDragon - these guys are totally going to close with you on their turn - it will be obvious to Rocky that using an action to sprint towards them is a big fat waste, if you want to do something else. There are five of them charging down the street at you.

I'm going to wait to see when Jan goes and what he does (and what Rocky does) before I get into resolution of the charging gangers or other events...
mister__joshua
Nice, I got a rather unlikely 22

Initiative: 11+2d6 22

Couple of questions. Are these kids individually cuffed, or is there a release mechanism or something? Assuming it's individual, how quickly would a dab from the mini welder snap them off the wall (I'm not worried about cleanly gutting them off the kids, just freeing them from the side of the truck). Could I do several in a turn?
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 24 2016, 11:04 PM) *
Nice, I got a rather unlikely 22

Initiative: 11+2d6 22

Couple of questions. Are these kids individually cuffed, or is there a release mechanism or something? Assuming it's individual, how quickly would a dab from the mini welder snap them off the wall (I'm not worried about cleanly gutting them off the kids, just freeing them from the side of the truck). Could I do several in a turn?

No master mechanism obvious, and pretty unlikely as these are plastic restraints.

The tool will slice these things like nothing, but for that very same reason you can't just be going crazy with it right near kids' ankles and wrists (well, you could...).
So Simple Action per kid.
JDragon
Sounds like it's time for some of those frag's that I picked up earlier in the day.

No access to books or dice currently, should be able to resolve that later tonight.

JDragon
Well it looks like my memory was off about what I had purchased. No frags, just smoke and flash bang's. frown.gif

So for his first action Rocky will toss the two normal smoke grenades he picked up (each is a simple action I believe). One will go about a few meters in front of him, the other a few behind. Just trying to make things tough for the bikers coming in that don't have thermographic vision.

Let me know if you need rolls, but I don't think where they end up will really matter.

Then Rocky will stop and wait for the bikers to wander through and deal with who ever shows up on his next pass.
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Nov 25 2016, 06:13 AM) *
Well it looks like my memory was off about what I had purchased. No frags, just smoke and flash bang's. frown.gif

So for his first action Rocky will toss the two normal smoke grenades he picked up (each is a simple action I believe). One will go about a few meters in front of him, the other a few behind. Just trying to make things tough for the bikers coming in that don't have thermographic vision.

Let me know if you need rolls, but I don't think where they end up will really matter.

Then Rocky will stop and wait for the bikers to wander through and deal with who ever shows up on his next pass.

The grenades are cool. Front and back. Smoky.

You can see just fine, of course.

Three of the five brake or peel off from the smoke cloud.

The two in front, though, charge on.

The first get two hits and attempts to zip on by, the second gets three hits before crashing into a wall or something.

Base DV is 7P, with -2 AP.
You get -1 on your defense against the second attack.

@Mr. Joshua - first IP actions?
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu @ Nov 25 2016, 01:26 PM) *
The grenades are cool. Front and back. Smoky.

You can see just fine, of course.

Three of the five brake or peel off from the smoke cloud.

The two in front, though, charge on.

The first get two hits and attempts to zip on by, the second gets three hits before crashing into a wall or something.

Base DV is 7P, with -2 AP.
You get -1 on your defense against the second attack.

@Mr. Joshua - first IP actions?

Here are my rolls for the two attacks.

Defense
Defense (Normal) (Reaction 6 + Intuition 3 + Combat Sense 2): 11 dice
1st Attack
Rolls: 6, 1, 5, 1, 4, 1, 5, 3, 5, 5, 2 / 5 hits = no contact
2nd Attack (10 dice)
Rolls: 4, 3, 6, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 6, 5 / 5 hits = no contact

Will the guy that didn't crash still be in reach on my next IP or is he gone?

JD
Raiderj
Guess who is back?
JDragon
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Nov 25 2016, 07:35 PM) *
Guess who is back?

Welcome back! Just in time to mess up some bikers.

JD
Raiderj
QUOTE (JDragon @ Nov 26 2016, 06:45 AM) *
Welcome back! Just in time to mess up some bikers.

JD

So can I pick the method on which I return? What did you guys do with my character?
mister__joshua
@adamu: not had chance to post IC yet but I'll be breaking kids out (2 per IP, yeah?) For the whole round unless someone intervenes. So 6 kids this turn. I'll get to Audric in a min. How many kids are there total?
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 26 2016, 05:00 PM) *
@adamu: not had chance to post IC yet but I'll be breaking kids out (2 per IP, yeah?) For the whole round unless someone intervenes. So 6 kids this turn. I'll get to Audric in a min. How many kids are there total?

Cool. I think cutting restraints (with a superhot flame) on two kids per second is pretty darned fast - I'll leave you doing that for the rest of the combat turn unless you shout otherwise as things develop.

Twenty kids.

adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Nov 26 2016, 01:38 AM) *
Will the guy that didn't crash still be in reach on my next IP or is he gone?

JD

He clearly is doing the slash-on-his-way-past thing, and unhindered will be out of your reach when your turn comes up.

Up to you, though, if you want to use the Intercept interrupt action.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Nov 26 2016, 05:58 AM) *
So can I pick the method on which I return? What did you guys do with my character?

Very glad you are back with us, Raider.
Hope things are going well for you after your setback.

We didn't do anything with your character - I thought I'd leave it up to you upon your return to come up with a reason why you bailed or whatever for a while.

First step, read the IC and OOC since the start of your hiatus so that you know what's happening.

Second step, decide what sort of entrance you'd like to make based on the map and where the previous posts show things happening. I am happy for you to swoop in out of nowhere for a dramatic cavalry kind of thing if you like.

Third step, either before your timely return or afterwards, post some explanation of your absence if you wish.
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ Nov 26 2016, 09:26 PM) *
Very glad you are back with us, Raider.
Hope things are going well for you after your setback.

We didn't do anything with your character - I thought I'd leave it up to you upon your return to come up with a reason why you bailed or whatever for a while.

First step, read the IC and OOC since the start of your hiatus so that you know what's happening.

Second step, decide what sort of entrance you'd like to make based on the map and where the previous posts show things happening. I am happy for you to swoop in out of nowhere for a dramatic cavalry kind of thing if you like.

Third step, either before your timely return or afterwards, post some explanation of your absence if you wish.

Where is the map? And can I have been captured by some less,then competent guards who take me to the van and prep me for a dramatic entrence to impress the bosses and...die trying? I could ride up in their Van. And join the,fight that way.
Jack_Spade
Map of Bordercrossing

You could, but those Koreans aren't exactly the "take prisoners" type - especially since they were ordered radio silence (you'll see when you read up)

The easiest way would be Vexboy did receive the message, but had to take out the snipers before he could leave and that's why he is late to the party (nice and simple)
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu @ Nov 26 2016, 01:23 PM) *
He clearly is doing the slash-on-his-way-past thing, and unhindered will be out of your reach when your turn comes up.

Up to you, though, if you want to use the Intercept interrupt action.

Thanks for the info, don't think Rocky will want to intercept at this point.
Raiderj
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 27 2016, 09:38 AM) *
Map of Bordercrossing

You could, but those Koreans aren't exactly the "take prisoners" type - especially since they were ordered radio silence (you'll see when you read up)

The easiest way would be Vexboy did receive the message, but had to take out the snipers before he could leave and that's why he is late to the party (nice and simple)

I like it!
Jack_Spade
Alright, second Ini phase:

Take Aim
Shoot
AGI 8 Skill 8 Smartsoft 2 Aim 1 Rigger 3 Vitals -4
Shoot: 18d6t5 13

Limit is 9 DV 13 AP -6

I'm pretty sure he's dead, Jim. biggrin.gif
Aria
Ack that's one sick fragger! I really must go and check out your character sheet on OP nyahnyah.gif
Jack_Spade
Use the Revenant in my signature in the other forum, that one is more up to date wink.gif
adamu
Okay - just so we're all on the same page...

Mr. J - Jan is still cutting restraints until further notice, but as long as the truck is moving it's a Complex action for each, including an Agility (3) test not to burn the kid you're freeing (assuming you continue to do that).

JD - Rocky is up for your second IP....

Raider - feel free to jump in anytime - just roll initiative and declare your first action, coming in from anywhere. You can include any explanation you want now, or save such a post for a "how I got here" story after the fight.

Jack - rigger wants you squashed. Spent first IP revving up (which didn't sound much different from all the other "broken, trying to restart" noises it was making), and now can cover the distance to you (I know we haven't specified it, but she can get anywhere in the parking area). Got 4 hits on hitting you, and doesn't care at all about the corner of the building you are behind.
All you need is to beat her 4 hits with React + Intuition, but hey, it's fun to try!
Jack_Spade
Cool stuff. If you allow it, I'll also spend 5 Ini for an Intercepting attack to "grapple" or rather enter the truck cabin as it charges past me. I'm also using the Dodge Interrupt for another 5 Ini to add my Autosoft skill (Instead of Gymnastics). Incidentally that turns my defense into a skill test which allows me to add my control rig bonus biggrin.gif
Defense: 23d6t5 8
Pilot 8 Int 6 Autosoft 6 Control Rig 3
Ini -10 + Attack
Intercept: 19d6t5 9 Limit 8
DV 8 AP-3 to punch through the cabin window. (Using the hydraulic jacks to jump high enough to clear the hood)

Assuming a truck that tries to hit me doesn't dodge my attack and we can assume the window has 15 Armor (as the truck) we can extrapolate a Structure of 9 (right between Reinforced Material at 8 and Structural Material at 10)

Barrier resist: 21d6t5 4
12 DV after Soak, John is now inside the cab

After this stunt my ini is at 2

I'll edit my post if you want to play this differently, but I really like the Terminator entrance biggrin.gif
adamu
Well, I was hoping she could dodge the melee attack, but one success short even with Edge.

So everything in your IC stands.

But "inside the cab" is a stretch - you're on the hood, and you've torn open the windscreen, but you don't get to wriggle through into an occupied cab for free.

The troll sitting next to her gets seven successes on his shot at your face - base 10P, -5 AP, -2 to your defense for the burst, and another -4 to your defense if you want to dodge the shot and still stay right in front of him on the hood of the moving truck....
Jack_Spade
Ouch.
That will necessitate a bit of Edge expenditure:

Defense w/Edge:
Pilot 8 Int 6 Edge 3 Salvo -2 Environment -4
Defense: 11d6h5 3

14DV This is bad

Soak w/ Edge:
BOD 4 Armor 16 AP-5
Soak: 15d6h5 11
Forgot to add the Edge Part: Soak (Edge Part: 3d6h5 1

2 damage Physical

By the way, how is the Guardian getting such a high base damage? Is he using a Vitals shot? In that case: Wow, that's really a lot of successes. eek.gif (Unless of course I've just started to tangle with a Phys Adept Initiate, in which case: Carry on, nothing to see here biggrin.gif )

I previously intended to take out the driver as well, but that would probably provoke a crash with fatal results for the cargo. So now the troll gets it:
Aim + Full Auto salvo (should eliminate his cover bonus)
Shoot FA: 22d6t5 8 [22d6t5=1, 6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 5, 1, 6, 6, 4]
DV 11 AP -6 + Net successes
mister__joshua
That's some soak roll Jack wink.gif

I'll try and get IC up tomorrow, but if the truck is moving I'll use my second pass to just cut Audric out and my 3rd, likely, to bolt out the back and run for the hills nyahnyah.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 30 2016, 07:56 AM) *
Ouch.
That will necessitate a bit of Edge expenditure:

Defense w/Edge:
Pilot 8 Int 6 Edge 3 Salvo -2 Environment -4
Defense: 11d6h5 3

14DV This is bad

Soak w/ Edge:
BOD 4 Armor 16 AP-5
Soak: 15d6h5 11
Forgot to add the Edge Part: Soak (Edge Part: 3d6h5 1

2 damage Physical

By the way, how is the Guardian getting such a high base damage? Is he using a Vitals shot? In that case: Wow, that's really a lot of successes. eek.gif (Unless of course I've just started to tangle with a Phys Adept Initiate, in which case: Carry on, nothing to see here biggrin.gif )

I previously intended to take out the driver as well, but that would probably provoke a crash with fatal results for the cargo. So now the troll gets it:
Aim + Full Auto salvo (should eliminate his cover bonus)
Shoot FA: 22d6t5 8 [22d6t5=1, 6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 5, 1, 6, 6, 4]
DV 11 AP -6 + Net successes

Yes, he called shot to vitals.

You didn't state a free action, so I'll assume that was to use smartlink to change fire mode.

I can't see how you could still have an assault rifle readied after all that you did, so charging a simple to ready weapon, which I reckon costs you your aim. So one die gone, but it was a miss anyway.

See IC.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 30 2016, 05:46 PM) *
That's some soak roll Jack wink.gif

I'll try and get IC up tomorrow, but if the truck is moving I'll use my second pass to just cut Audric out and my 3rd, likely, to bolt out the back and run for the hills nyahnyah.gif

Cool - just make your Agillity test.

The kid's pretty out of it, but if you decide to escape with him, the air spirit DES sent will help with the logistics.
adamu
@Jack - okay, she's got one more action this Combat Turn, and she tries to shake you off the truck.

Couldn't find a RAW mechanic, but Stunt tests seem to be the catch-all for anything not otherwise covered.

So she has seven successes - you can oppose with Str + Agi.

A tie means you lose your next IP holding on.

If you fail, you suffer a Crash - easy enough to resolve since you are basically a vehicle.

(but there's still an intelligence in there, so you'd still be subject to the Composure test...)

Anyway - that will end the combat turn for you...need to give Rocky and Jan and Vexboy time to finish their Combat Turns before resuming your action.
Raiderj
What can Vexboy see from where he is? And,sorry im,trying to,think of what the best action could be.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Nov 30 2016, 07:33 PM) *
What can Vexboy see from where he is? And,sorry im,trying to,think of what the best action could be.

Umm, where is he?

As I said, you can come in from wherever you like.

So you may see Rocky in a cloud of smoke surrounded by five gangers on bikes.

Or, now out of his sight about a block away you may see John doing a rodeo ride on the hood of the target truck.

Or Rave in a nearby parking lot arguing with a couple of Knight-Errant cops.
Jack_Spade
@adamu

Might I suggest using a climb test to hold on? After all, that's what the climbing claws are made for.

Also, how agile is this truck? Even with a R3 Control Rig reaching Handling 7 should be pretty difficult (The Mack Hellhound has a 3/2 Handling and I'm pretty sure we aren't on the streets anymore after the truck literally took out the edge of a wall to hit me) Even more if you consider the damage the truck already sustained (every damage mod lowers the limits as well)

Climbing Check
STR 7 Movement Autosoft 6 Climbing Claws 2 Control Rig 3
Climb Defense: 18d6t5 8 [18d6t5=6, 1, 2, 4, 1, 6, 2, 5, 3, 5, 6, 1, 2, 2, 6, 4, 5, 5]

If you insist on the AGI+STR
Agi+Str: 15d6t5 6
Edg Rerolls
Agi+Str: 9d6t5 3

Also Ini for the next Round
Ini 3: 14+5d6 34
Climbing into the cab and grapple her body (subdue)

AGI 8 Skill 6 Upgrade (The Greatest) 1 Superhuman Psychosis 1 Control Rig 3
Grapple: 19d6t5 9 [19d6t5=6, 3, 6, 6, 6, 4, 5, 2, 2, 6, 6, 4, 6, 5, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2]
Nice, there is even room for some environmental mali
adamu
don't worry dude, I know better than to try to break RAW when playing with you...knew the handling limit would mean she could never shake you off...but bad guys have Edge for Pushing the Limit too!

I would rather stick with the test as requested - climbing is not really an opposed action - but since you mention the claws I suppose they would be worth two extra dice at the cost of the weapon not being readied, if that's what you'd like to do.

Look like you win the rodeo anyway....for now....
Jack_Spade
Alright, gotcha.

Not readying the rifle isn't a problem since the claws are weapon in themselves and the shockhand is also always ready.

Bonus dice Claws: 2d6t5 0
Bonus doesn't work, so I'm officially still out of Edge.

Oh and you didn't describe it, but I assume that the truck has no manual controls anymore, am I right?

If the rigger is stubborn I'll have to slowly electrocute the truck until it stops by itself.
adamu
@Jack - a rousing action scene to be sure!

And cannot fault your determination!

But much as I hate to ask for edits....

Afraid they've got maybe one more trick up their sleeve - you'll have to stop your IC just as you start to enter the cab....

(the bad guys can't ALL be drunken thugs and mangy gangers!!!)

But cannot move past that (into the next combat turn) until we catch the other players up...
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ Nov 30 2016, 07:36 PM) *
Umm, where is he?

As I said, you can come in from wherever you like.

So you may see Rocky in a cloud of smoke surrounded by five gangers on bikes.

Or, now out of his sight about a block away you may see John doing a rodeo ride on the hood of the target truck.

Or Rave in a nearby parking lot arguing with a couple of Knight-Errant cops.

Can Vexboy hop onto the truck? Visibly wounded?
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Nov 30 2016, 11:48 PM) *
Can Vexboy hop onto the truck? Visibly wounded?

You can certainly be in position to hop on to the speeding semi.

I would prefer you not jump onto the cab, as that would clash with posts already made by Jack.

But you could jump onto the back or side of the trailer, or between the tractor and trailer.

For consistency's sake, you'll need to make the same sort of test Jack did - melee against the truck as it goes by (the rigger will try to avoid you).

Without his jacks, you can't get up on top, but you can end up hanging alongside somewhere if you succeed (easy for your character, I recall).

The rigger gets four successes trying to dodge you, so beat that and you're on.

Also give me an initiative so we know how many more actions you have this turn.

No idea what you mean about visibly wounded. You yourself want to be wounded?
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ Dec 1 2016, 01:25 AM) *
You can certainly be in position to hop on to the speeding semi.

I would prefer you not jump onto the cab, as that would clash with posts already made by Jack.

But you could jump onto the back or side of the trailer, or between the tractor and trailer.

For consistency's sake, you'll need to make the same sort of test Jack did - melee against the truck as it goes by (the rigger will try to avoid you).

Without his jacks, you can't get up on top, but you can end up hanging alongside somewhere if you succeed (easy for your character, I recall).

The rigger gets four successes trying to dodge you, so beat that and you're on.

Also give me an initiative so we know how many more actions you have this turn.

No idea what you mean about visibly wounded. You yourself want to be wounded?

One of my goggles is broken and I have a cut on my cheek. I have bullet holes on my coat and and a cut on my chest. Those snipers had backup and put up a fight. Id take 2 off my condition monitor too. Im pretty bruised too so if,take 3 off the,stun. I fought some guys solo...

What do I have to roll?
Jack_Spade
@adamu
Fair enough, I'll remove my last post for the moment to let the others catch up
JDragon
@Adamu

Sorry for the delay on Rocky's actions. A quick question. Are the ganger's sitting still or are they circling the cloud?

JD
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Dec 1 2016, 09:03 PM) *
@Adamu

Sorry for the delay on Rocky's actions. A quick question. Are the ganger's sitting still or are they circling the cloud?

JD

Narration and description always a trick with SR combat time.

It has been just one second since three peeled away from the cloud and two charged through it at you. But though a couple are probably still skidding into position, looks like they're stopping with plans to start shooting into the cloud at you - as in the IC, all are swapping their medieval weapons for firearms.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Dec 1 2016, 12:30 AM) *
One of my goggles is broken and I have a cut on my cheek. I have bullet holes on my coat and and a cut on my chest. Those snipers had backup and put up a fight. Id take 2 off my condition monitor too. Im pretty bruised too so if,take 3 off the,stun. I fought some guys solo...

What do I have to roll?

The rulebook is your friend here....Interception test.

So that's a melee test (for lack of a better mechanic). So roll your Unarmed Combat (or in this case your climbing skill would be fine - yeah, I said no to that for Jack, but this is trying to get on, not avoiding getting knocked off...well, now that I think about it...

@Jack - you can have that last Edge point back.

So anyway, Raider, roll your Unarmed or Climbing + Agility. Five successes you're on the truck, less than that and you're on your ass.

And feel free to be as wounded as you like in role-playing terms. You can do that, by the way, without dinging yourself in game terms - you can write for fun about how messed up you are, but you don't actually have to mark boxes off your Condition Monitor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012