Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: 410 Crash
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54
TinkerGnome
The game Wiki

Posting rules:

Datelines are cyan or blue if you don't want to fix the tag manually.
Location headings are orange.
PC and NPC names are bold.

All posts must have a location heading. Posts which are occuring in real time from the last post to a location may omit the dateline. All posts should include the name of the posting PC as either the first word or on a seperate line just below the location tag.

No signatures in the IC thread. Uncheck the box. If you notice you've left one, just go back and edit it to uncheck the box. Note that when you edit a post, the board rechecks the box automatically which is how I leave 90% of mine IC wink.gif

Feel free to write dialogue for NPCs that you have created. Please post all such NPCs to the Wiki with RP notes so that others may use them. NPCs which are contacts purchased for your character do not have to be shared in this fashion.

All die rolls should appear in this format within a code block:

CODE
Item1 (# dice) + Item2 (# dice) = (total # dice)
Die rolls (in order) Hits: (# hits)

Ie:

CODE
Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartlink (2) = 8 dice
[5] 1 3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] Hits:5

If you have excel, this is easily accomplished using a die roller I made. It uses macros and does a pretty good job of it. It even handles edge, though not edge rerolls.

Any information you need, favors you want from NPCs, etc., need to be mentioned OOC with a clear "@GM" or the like attached. It is likely that there is going to be a lot of posting going on and requests which aren't clearly marked and in the OOC are going to get missed more often than they should.
Silo
Can we use another color other than cyan since it isn't one of the defaults? Gets old having to type it in each time. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the spreadsheet!

CODE
Desc1 (1) + Desc2 (3) = 4 dice
[5] 4 4 2 Hits:1

Wounded Ronin
I hate to be the doofus...but how do you specify cyan?
Thanee
[ color=cyan ]cyan[ /color ] (without the spaces near the brackets, of course)

Bye
Thanee
HeySparky
Pick any color (I usually use blue since it's a short word), and then when the tags show up {color=blue} erase blue and replace it with cyan.

Edit: Or what Thanee said.
nick012000
[color=cyan]

Also, I'll point out that Auran and Shade are illegal. She can only have 1 point of Improved Ability (Con), because of the Errata. She should probably replace it with a point of kinesics. He has 3 attributes at 5 (unless it should be 3(5) from his wired reflexes, though it doesn't look like that from the point cost beneath it), and a skill at 5. Granted, he has Aptitude with the relevant skill, but wouldn't that just increase his maximum after chargen to 7?
Rokur
damn errata.... grr... well thanx for the update, I'll work on my fix.
Dranem
Umm... wondering where our dose is? We have a few people in the hideout, but I can't pose if I don't know what the general layout is... I know there was talk that we were going to camp in an old abandoned community center or YM/YWCA.
Silo
@Voorhees or TG

How do we "play" pool? I was thinking either an opposed Agility + Logic or Agility + Intuition test. Not sure which Mental attribute is the right one though. Pool is both knowing what to do (logic) and reacting to what is going on (Intuition).
Vegas
And away we go! WOoo hooo!
MK Ultra
Yay!!!!!!!!!! spin.gif
Silo
Question/suggeston about the Headings...

Would it be helpful to put in a Name as well?

Something like:

JJ @ The Fun Zo e

or it could be it's own line.

That way, we wouldn't have to start every post with our character's name. Normally, I'd just say that we'll all know each other's DS name and character name in short order, but there are 20 of us in this game and there will probably be more as we go along.
TinkerGnome
Agility + Logic sounds about right for pool. Someone can feel free to draw up the building layout if they want. Otherwise, I'll get to it sometime.

As far as Shade goes, the 5 skill is legal because of the aptitude (the 5th point cost 8 bp, though). I didn't know there was a cap on the number of attributes you could have at 5 (though you can only have one at racial max). The con thing may be an issue, I haven't checked the errata. Though do check my nerf of kinesics on the house rules page.

Also, altered the posting rules a little bit to allow you to date things in blue if you're lazy. Cyan is a lot more visible, but I'm not going to force the issue wink.gif

Also, let's start adding names to posts, either as the first word of the post or as a line above.
MK Ultra
@GM

So, can I have an armored biker lether jacket with 4/4 (still weaker then the armored vest, which costs 600) for the price of lether + armored clothing (700)? smile.gif

@ Dranem
Pleas take a look at TF´s Gear or Description. He allready has some very costly tatoos. The wing thing was actually supposed to be done by BW, after TF got impressed by her work on Halo. Still she could argue, he hasn´t got enough (or the right ones), or is severly in nead of some piercings (which he would never want to get).
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
So, can I have an armored biker lether jacket with 4/4 (still weaker then the armored vest, which costs 600) for the price of lether + armored clothing (700)? smile.gif

I don't have a problem with it.
BlackHat
Spose I should have asked if I can have a biker helmet with +0/+2 armor rating (like the rapid trasit helmet, as opposed to +1/+2 under the generic "helmet" entry... but I'd like it to look like a biker's helmet.)

Also, in your games, TG, does skinlink require physical contact with flesh? or could I use skinlink through my clothes (but pretty much in contact with me). I've seen threads dedicated to the fact that a person's bioelectric field extends a little bit from their body, but the RAW description seems to imply flesh-on-metal contact.

If allowed, I'll be wearing black gloves. Otherwise, I have to hold onto the bike with my bare hands.
Silo
JJ's starting nuyen.gif :

CODE
Squat (2) = 2 dice
5 4 Total:9 *20=180

180 nuyen.gif
Silo
JJ playing pool vs. Aziz:

CODE
Agility (4) + Logic (2) = 6 dice
4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] Hits:2

Fresno Bob
Aziz's starting kaching.

CODE
Low (3) = 3 Dice
5 5 5 Total: 15 *50 = 750

Pool vs JJ

CODE
Agility (5) + Logic (2) = 7 dice
1 [5] [6] 2 [6] [5] [5] Hits: 5

Holy shit! The autodicer I used kicks ass. Aziz is damn good at pool.
MK Ultra
Ah, Silo, I was about to do just that, now..

TF´s starting nuyen.gif :

CODE
Squat (2) = 2 dice
4 4 Total:8 *20=160

160 nuyen.gif

eek.gif Not fair, If got 20 nuyen.gif less than JJ!!! He probably stole 10 nuyen.gif from me sarcastic.gif

I´ll ad the nuyen.gif to my gear smile.gif

EDIT:
Now Aziz has even more, guess I should have taken High lifestyle and pump 1.200 nuyen.gif from the ressources into starting cash wink.gif

On Skinlink
I use Cloths and gloves with skinlink of thair own, I´d consider them to be abled to rout other skinlinked items, too.
TinkerGnome
I try not to overthink things. Skinlink works as long as it's close to your skin (1 cm or less).
Silo
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Holy shit! Aziz is damn good at pool.

Ouch...

You write the description of what happened since you kicked my ass.

Side note...

JJ resisting the urge to steal a pool ball | Kleptomania: W+C (1) :

CODE
Willpower (1) + Charisma (2) = 3 dice
[5] 4 4 Hits:1

Guess it is time for some smokin.gif.
Fresno Bob
All over it.
MK Ultra
I guess with pool-tests using Agility+Logic, TF has got another hobby biggrin.gif

Aziz probably won´t hold the titel for long.. well maybe, he does, TF probably only plays for money cool.gif
Silo
Hehe...guess we need to update the House Rules page with "Pool". I'm gonna use Edge next time. biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Well, maybe if you help Felix steal a good gift for Halo, he'll "influence" the play nyahnyah.gif
Rokur
Auran Starting Cash
CODE

Low (3) = 3 Dice
2 4 5 Total: 11 *50 = 550

Also replaced 1 lvl of improved skill, into the attribute boost : body, Lvl 1.
Mister Juan
Also, don't forget to put all names (PC and NPC) in bold.
Thyme Lost
Starting Cash, Middle Lifestyle, 1200 nuyen.gif left from Character Gen.
CODE

Middle (4) = 4 dice
4 6 4 5 = 19
19+12=31
31*100=3100 :nuyen:

To work on bikes, I need to know the modifiers, threshold, and interval.
The way I see it for Halo's Bike
Working Conditions: +0 Not Superior, not distracting.
Tools:+0, we have good tools, but not superior.

I'm not sure about plans. Having plans will either give a +1 or a +2.
If I have to "work from Memory" I'll have a -1 -(5-4).

So I'll say -1 total modifier.

Threshold should either be 4 (Basic/Easy Fix) or 8 (Complex/Common Repair).

I have no clue for time interval.

So I'll just give my first roll.

CODE

Logic (4) + Automotive Mechanic (Wheeled) (5) + Modifiers (-1) = 8 dice.
[6] 2 3 [6] [5] 3 1 3 hits: 3

Second Roll
CODE

[5] 4 1 3 [5] [6] 1 [6] Hits: 4

Third Roll (If needed)
CODE

3 [6] [6] 4 4 2 [5] [6] Hits: 4

Assuming a time interval of either 30 min or 1 hours,
it will take from 1 hours up to 3 hours working on the bike.

Any advice on further extended tests?

Thyme

PS: My IC post would have been longer and more indepth. But I'm really tired.
WinterRat1
He has 3 attributes at 5 (unless it should be 3(5) from his wired reflexes, though it doesn't look like that from the point cost beneath it), and a skill at 5. Granted, he has Aptitude with the relevant skill, but wouldn't that just increase his maximum after chargen to 7?

As far as Shade goes, the 5 skill is legal because of the aptitude (the 5th point cost 8 bp, though). I didn't know there was a cap on the number of attributes you could have at 5 (though you can only have one at racial max).

Nicko is incorrect.

Regarding Aptitude: Per TG's specifications, aptitude allows a character to start with a skill of 5, provided they pay 8 BP for it, which I did.

Regarding number of attributes at 5: Per SR 4, pg. 73, column 1, Section Heading 'Physical/Mental Attributes', paragraph 2, the only limits are:

1. Cannot spend more than half their total BP on Physical/Mental attributes. This was superceded by TG's permission for us to spend 200 BP on our attributes.

2. Characters cannot have more than 1 attribute at their natural maximum.

There is no limit nor mention of a limitation on characters' ability to assign any other ratings to their attributes. There is no errata I have found that adds to or otherwise supercedes this. There are no house rules that address this.

The two interpretations that can be drawn from the comment about the illegality of having multiple attributes at 5 are:

1. There is a limit on the number of attributes that can be 1 point below the natural max, (5 in Shade's case).

2. There is a limit on the number of attributes that can be 5.

Note that that under either interpretation, numerous characters (including Neo) are illegal, because lots of us have multiple attributes that are 1 point below the racial max and/or characters who have multiple attributes over 5.

Since there is no mention of either limitation anywhere in canon or house rules, I contend that it is legal to have multiple attributes 1 point away from maxing out. In Shade's specific case, multiple attributes at 5.

TG - Unless you comment on this further, I will make no changes to either of these two elements of my character.

HeySparky
Please vote on a nickname for JCS so I can start posting with his new nick! smile.gif
HeySparky

I'm not a big fan of the Code tags in the IC thread. Any chance we can do the rolls in spoiler tags or in OOC?
WinterRat1
TG: A few formatting suggestions

1. Include the actual day (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) In the time/date stamp. No one says, "Hey remember April 12, when X happened?" They tend to say, "Hey, remember last tuesday, when X happened?" Plus, it makes it easier to know what day people are on, and to refer to things accordingly.

2. Make the time format 00:00:00. The seconds will really matter in combat, matrix, and astral situations.

3. Everyone should always include the location in their opening post, makes things easier. Personally, experience has shown that the following format works simply, efficiently, and effectively (yes I am stealing this from LITS, but I've suggested it and found it very effective in other games as well):

05:45:33 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor - Penthouse

We have:

1. Specific time
2. Day and date
3. Address and/or specific location details

It makes everything a lot clearer, and since we're running a very 'localized' game, it's important to know what street people are on, or what building even, because we're all so close together that these things can and most likely will matter.

E.g., a gang fight breaks out, how many blocks away are our characters and how quick can we get there. That will probably happen a lot.

4. Use different color coding for electronic/matrix communication and astral communication, so people know what's being spoken aloud and what's being communicated over a commlink, for instance.

5. Use italics for internal thoughts/monologue.

Those are all the suggestions I can think of so far, I'll let you know if there's more. I've found them extremely helpful in encouraging clarity in LITS and keeping everyone using a universal format simply makes things easier for everyone.

Let me know your thoughts.
MK Ultra
I´m in for "Ash Tray" and iterations there off, though Tao-Fighter would not like the nick.
WinterRat1
I agree with Sparky. Dice rolls should be in the OOC thread, not the IC thread. It breaks the flow.

Plus, the code format is useful for 'messages' (like text messages) in the IC thread.
HeySparky
By the by...

April 12, 2070 is a Saturday.
Mister Juan
Also coming from the LitS verse, I agree with WinterRat1. Using guidelines for formating your post makes it SO much easier to read/understand/follow. Especially with multiple characters, evolving on different timeframe in different places.
MK Ultra
@ Rokur

BTW, what did my character just pic up, what are red KoolAids?
Jaid
Kool-aid = flavored drink crystals.

just flavoring (not even sugar, you have to add that on your own. though, some current kool-aid stuff already has sugar...) that you add to water to make it taste like something else.
Rokur
You've NEVER had Kool Aid!???

It's a drink powder, mix it with water and u get juice. Seriously, how can u never hace kool aid!? ever watch friday?

Or the commercial with the Kool-Aid guy, big pitcher of red, says "OH YEAH!" alot. He even cameoed in family guy twice.
MK Ultra
embarrassed.gif
Will I know this concept, ther are probably other trademarks over here (and I´m not a fan of Family Guy either), so I didn´t know, what was meant. Thanks for beaming me the info!

KoolAid... cool.gif
Silo
Let's not get too crazy on the colors for different types of communications. I mean, I hope people don't just try to read the comm and not the whole post.

I don't want to read a page that has all sorts of colors on it.

Can we just use <<text>> for comm, text, vMail? Voice would still have quotes with it.

I like WR's suggested time/date/place stamp. But, we should add the player's name too. And color coded as before. Like:

05:45:33 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor - Penthouse - JJ

Or just add the day to the current way.... biggrin.gif

Seconds shouldn't be worried about until they matter. I don't want to try to hash out how long I think transpired when communicating right back to someone.
Mister Juan
Thats a lot of color wink.gif
I think we should just keep the whole thing a single non agressive color, like cyan or orange.

Also, I don't really think it matters if you put the character's name or not... After all, in a few post time, we'll all be able to identify the PC's name with the actual player's screenname.

So, I think if we just go with 05:45:33 Monday 08 January 2063 - 6 Bellevue Way, One Lincoln Tower - 41st Floor - Penthouse we'll be fine.
TinkerGnome
How about this:

The Fun Zoe
04:33:22 Monday 08 January 2063
JJ

It gives the benefits of the compact package of three lines (which I find more useful tha one long line), and keeps everything one color (and a color which is one of the auto ones).
Mister Juan
You're the boss wink.gif

By and by; I took the liberty to start compiling the posts and grouping them in the wiki if someone cares to look.
WinterRat1
Can we just use <<text>> for comm, text, vMail? Voice would still have quotes with it.

It makes for ugly and annoying reading. We tried it. There's a reason we use colors. smile.gif

Seconds shouldn't be worried about until they matter. I don't want to try to hash out how long I think transpired when communicating right back to someone.

The problem is you don't always know when seconds will matter, and it'll be a dead giveaway if TG suddenly asks, uh, what second are you guys on?

Plus, it's a pain to have some people doing it and some people not, and believe me, the detail matters more often than you'd think.

Finally, you won't really be thinking about it. In fact, outside of combat, matrix, or astral stuff, we pretty much just make it up. We essentially say, uh, it took about 3 minutes, and we just randomly enter whatever seconds we happen to feel like. Nowhere near as much effort as you would think, but very useful data. I highly recommend it and strongly encourage it.

In fact, in the absence of a specific reason not to include the seconds in every post TG, I would absolutely say it is one of the most important details in the time/date area, because life and death is decided in the seconds section more than any other aspect of the time/date/location post.

The Fun Zoe
04:33:22 Monday 08 January 2063
JJ

It gives the benefits of the compact package of three lines (which I find more useful tha one long line), and keeps everything one color (and a color which is one of the auto ones).

That format can work too, but I suggest putting the time first, and the location second, because the time is always relevant, while the location may or may not be. Especially in a series of posts where the location is the same, you don't care where you are, because you already know and it changes much more infrequently, while the time changes every post. Thus it's best to lead with the information that changes the most.

Finally, I can't see why we'd need the name. We will know who the character is right off the bat from who the poster is, not to mention how they post in the first few sentences. The only reason I can see for needing the names is if we are going to be posting as NPCs from time to time. Still, I'm not going to go to war over this one, so if you want us to use names TG, I'll consider it a resolved issue.
MK Ultra
@MrJuan

You´d probably want to chane the year o birth, either in the general description (along with age) or in the 50Q.
HeySparky
QUOTE (WinterRat1)

It makes for ugly and annoying reading. We tried it. There's a reason we use colors. smile.gif

Really?

I haven't found it ugly or annoying in the games where I read/use it. Something about it - maybe because that's sorta the format for shadowtalk - makes it seem like digital comms to me. smile.gif
Mister Juan
@MKUltra
Thanks! I hadn't noticed that typo biggrin.gif
Kartijan
Here is Nurse's starting nuyen:

CODE
Low (3) = 3 Dice
3 2 1 Total: 6 *50 = 300

<<and boy am I glad I was only rolling nuyen! My dice roller tells me this was a critical glitch! *blush*>>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012