Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Grinder
Congrats, you posted at #999, our holy number. And i'm at #1000, wohaa! biggrin.gif
brohopcp
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (brohopcp @ Nov 9 2005, 03:30 AM)
QUOTE (Fortune)
I still think I should have waited for two more people to post before making my entrance.

YOU MAY NEVER HAVE MY OFFICIAL DROPBEAR #69 POSITION!!!!

So why don't have you a proper signature by now, hm?

Lazy Whining Alert!

If I add a sig now, then I have to retroactively go back to all of my PBP IC posts and edit the box to "Sig Off." The time taken for that will allow the samurai roo's to infiltrate my compound.
DocMortand
QUOTE (tisoz @ Nov 9 2005, 04:18 AM)
DocMortand, you realize you can click on the number under the "Replies" header and a list of posters by total posts is displayed?

Um, what?

Please tell me where a "Replies" header is for those who don't have mod control? nyahnyah.gif

*gnashes teeth*

[edit] Never mind, I found it. *screams in agony* Well at least I was insane enough to do it by hand...nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
*Points and laughs.* grinbig.gif
DocMortand
QUOTE (Fortune)

*gnaws on Fortune's ankle while drop bears attack from the sky*
Siege
QUOTE (Fortune)

*ROFLMAO*

Oh, oh my. And he admitted to it.

That is priceless. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Fortune
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Nov 10 2005, 11:15 AM)
*gnaws on Fortune's ankle while drop bears attack from the sky*

I feel obliged to point out that, as a native Aussie, I have an inate immunity to Drop Bear attacks of all kinds. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
PBTHHHHT
Well, you might be immune to drop bear attacks, but ya have to watch out. I don't think DocMortand had his shots and you might get something nasty from him...
DocMortand
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Well, you might be immune to drop bear attacks, but ya have to watch out. I don't think DocMortand had his shots and you might get something nasty from him...

Darn right. This last obscenity has pushed me over the edge...

*foams at the mouth*
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (tisoz)

It is you and your sig's fault fistandantilus3.0. I kept wondering if you were the 19th post or the 19th poster, then I saw someones number in their sig was incorrect, then I saw a latecomer who may not have felt like posting his number but claimed affiliation in his sig - I couldn't sleep, it kept nagging at me... wink.gif

That nagging can happen . I know I wake up late at night with some thought nagging at me, scratching at my brain saying "I should have done that. NO, I should have said this!" Then my wife usually hits me (pretty hard too) and I forget it all and fall back asleep. Which, really is the only way she ever says anything funny on this thread. Steals my lines. REally! biggrin.gif (gonna wake up dead soon I know it)

But good job Doc. Your level of dediction, I think, should earn you the rank of Zeaolot. 'Cause really, that's just scary. A good scary, but scary.

Grinder: We rock!

Valantene, nice to see a new "face". Impressed that you took the whole thread at one go (and survived). Kudos to you.

Sorry for the delay in the response. Been away for a while. So happy to see us on page 41. notworthy.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
So happy to see us on page 41.

Or page 11 for those hardcore Dumpshockers! nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
19 fistandantilus 3.0, 147

Yay! *runs around the room to Chariots of Fire*

First one to 150 wins the title of HighBulp!
fistandantilus4.0
I cheated ! yay! Ask Fortune if you wanna know what a HighBulp is. I think he'd be familiar enough with gully dwarves.

All Hail the HighBulp!
Fortune
Ask Fortune if you wanna know what a HighBulp is. I think he'd be familiar enough with gully dwarves.

Damn right. I used to be married to one, but we broke up after our third 2nd anniversary.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 10 2005, 05:10 PM)
Ask Fortune if you wanna know what a HighBulp is. I think he'd be familiar enough with gully dwarves.

Damn right. I used to be married to one, but we broke up after our third 2nd anniversary.

unless that involves time travel in some way, I want you to explain that in excruciating detail because it didn't make much sense.

Besides, I sense a long tale of hilarity behind that sentence...Speech! Speech!

*sits down after getting his Drop Bears to chant "REECH! REECH!" behind him*
Grinder
First one to 150 wins the title of HighBulp!

I won, i won! biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Apparently Fortune and I have different ideas of HighBulp, which kinda worries me really.... more than one HighBulp..... scary....
Fortune
Apparently Fortune and I have different ideas of HighBulp, which kinda worries me really.... more than one HighBulp..... scary....

What? You thought there was only one HighBulp? There is more than one community of Gully Dwarves, you know, each with it's own version of a HighBulp.

QUOTE (DocMortland)
unless that involves time travel in some way, I want you to explain that in excruciating detail because it didn't make much sense.

Um ... Gully Dwarves are infamous for not being able to count higher than two. Therefore, to them, any number or amount that is not 'one' is considered to be 'two'. wink.gif
Mortax

Blink blink

Blink Blink

And yet again I am astounded that, after leaving for a few months, this thread is still going. I am both frightend and overjoyed by this.
blakkie
[insert a video clip of a drop Drop Bear banging a large, two-sided marching band drum strapped to it's chest]
Mortax

rotfl.gif
Oh, my. Thank you. I haven't fallen out of my chair laghing in some time.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 10 2005, 10:32 PM)
Apparently Fortune and I have different ideas of  HighBulp, which kinda worries me really.... more than one HighBulp..... scary....

What? You thought there was only one HighBulp? There is more than one community of Gully Dwarves, you know, each with it's own version of a HighBulp.

QUOTE (DocMortland)

Um ... Gully Dwarves are infamous for not being able to count higher than two. Therefore, to them, any number or amount that is not 'one' is considered to be 'two'. wink.gif

in conclusion.... there are two highbulps. Grinder can be the Great Basher I suppose.

Fortune: so nice to have someone that doesn't just look at me strangely when I mention stuff like that. Gonna have to force my wife to read about Gully Dwarves one of these days. In fact, you all should as a homework assignment. Rat soup for the Soul and all that.

Mortax: Haven't you figured it out by now!? Drop Bears have HMHVV, there fore regenerate (ignore the fact that not everything w/ HMHVV regenerates). Therefore this thread cannot die. It can only grow and twist and mutate to become the happy shiny cult-to-be you see forming before you. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Fortune
in conclusion.... there are two highbulps.

notworthy.gif

Gonna have to force my wife to read about Gully Dwarves one of these days.

You mean she hasn't! eek.gif

Tell her that I said to get cracking on it right away! wink.gif

fistandantilus4.0
I'll do that. She always listens to an IE. Now if I could just get her to watch The Ghost Busters...
DocMortand
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (DocMortland)

Now wait a sec...if they can't count above two, then why did they celebrate a THIRD 2nd anniversary? Huh? Huh?

*watches Fortune's head explode*
fistandantilus4.0
Fortune's an IE, not a HighBulp. he can count to two. wink.gif I, on the other hand, am HIGHBULP! I can count all the way to TWO!
Fortune
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Nov 11 2005, 05:30 PM)
Now wait a sec...if they can't count above two, then why did they celebrate a THIRD 2nd anniversary?  Huh?  Huh?

As fistandantilus3.0 said, it is not I that is restricted in my counting ability. I am perfectly capable of counting the number of 2nd anniversaries we celebrated. wink.gif biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
BTW Doc, finishing up my ARcology run ATM, and of course a few of my players have read this thread, and so knew to expect drop bears. But I still wanted to include them.

But, as fortune (not Fortune, fortune) would have it, we got a new player. he started out with a 500BP char (4th edit) but little food or equipment, and on his own. He was looking around for equipment and food, and found his way into the zoo shop, and started grabbing those long rainbow swirl lollipops for food, and dumped them into a light blue kiddie backpack with a dropbear on it. He was so cute embarrassed.gif . Then he put some snaks, and snake style flashlight, and some zoo books on wolves and such into it, and snagged all the batteries. I was happy. smile.gif
Lady Door
Ahem. I feel that I, as Fistandantilus 3.0's (honestly, could he have picked a harder name to spell? ergh) wife.. I must interject.
Hmm.. apparently, I have nothing to interject. ....

Carry on citizens... nothing to see here.

PS: Viva La Drop Bear Revolucion!
DocMortand
BTW Doc, finishing up my ARcology run ATM, and of course a few of my players have read this thread, and so knew to expect drop bears. But I still wanted to include them.

But, as fortune (not Fortune, fortune) would have it, we got a new player. he started out with a 500BP char (4th edit) but little food or equipment, and on his own. He was looking around for equipment and food, and found his way into the zoo shop, and started grabbing those long rainbow swirl lollipops for food, and dumped them into a light blue kiddie backpack with a dropbear on it. He was so cute embarrassed.gif . Then he put some snaks, and snake style flashlight, and some zoo books on wolves and such into it, and snagged all the batteries. I was happy. smile.gif

Hehe. My group managed to get out of the Arc through the sewage outflow, so I'm swiftly taking them to Brainscan. I have threatened Drop Bears on them on many an occasion tho...and as soon as I deem them sufficiently desensitized to the threat I shall drop down upon them with the wrath of furry goodness!

That would be drop bears, you sickos.

*THUMP* AAGH!
Ophis
No drop bears for my group. Unless you countn the teenage technomancer NPC with an obession about them.

My musical drop bears still need training they berzerk at the very mention of simon cowells name... dammmit I want that in his presecence only....

viva la revolution.
DocMortand
*idly baps his drop bear commandos from gnawing on the thread.*
Eggs
Sweet... Jesus.... thread... too big... must... stop... reading
Suddenly an embelism pops in Eggs' head, he falls to the ground, and is promptly face humped by drop bears.
Grinder
So he reached the first step on the path to true understanding.
DocMortand
Welcome to the dark side, Brother Eggs.

Let us know when you have raised the requisite Drop Bear squad and you shall be acknowledged as truly being one of us.
Eggs
Oddly enough, every time I go out to raise said squad, all I can find are these furry, teddy-bear looking things with glowing purple eyes and sharp teeth... Consequently, I'm bleeding quite heavily, and for some reason I've got this wicked craving for the flesh of dead babies...
DocMortand
Eucalyptus is your friend.

That and really good running shoes and a pointy reinforced hat.
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Eucalyptus is your friend.

Dripped with human blood.
Oracle
QUOTE (DocMortand)
[...]a pointy reinforced hat.

Fortunately we have some of those left from world war I. I just knew they would be good for something.
fistandantilus4.0
Eggs: keep drinking your joice, stay in the corner, hug your knees and rock. The sensation will pass in a few days.

Oracle: They're also handy for soup on an uneven table. Just poke the spike into the top of the table, adn eat away! No more messy soup spills for you! And the left over brain goo dried on the inside from the previous owner adds to the ambiance.
Oracle
I think brain tissue is not an issue. But the remains of phosgen-gas sticking to the helmet...
fistandantilus4.0
drop bears with gas... scary
Valentinew
Don't light that match!!!!!
brohopcp
I tell ya, smokin'll kill ya.
Ophis
I'd recommend ranitidine for that.
Drop bears with heartburn bad...
TheJaxz
I just read the whole thing...

I'm at a loss for words...

I'll never forget those two words...

Drop Bears........
DocMortand
QUOTE (TheJaxz)
I just read the whole thing...

I'm at a loss for words...

I'll never forget those two words...

Drop Bears........

Bah...when you've read the entire thread thru 13 times, then you'll be a true drop bear thread reader.

Of course, you might have to do some blood sacrifices to survive...
Eggs
Sips his juice in the corner, hugging his legs and shivering in a puddle of urine.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Eggs)
Sips his juice in the corner, hugging his legs and shivering in a puddle of urine.

Ah, a true believer.
Jrayjoker
I have never read this thread through in one sitting, but it is emblazoned on my heart like unto the Gospel. Why read more than once when the whole is your life?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012