Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Oracle
Canada...France...do you see any difference?
Grinder
Quebec and France are similar, but not the rest of Canada.
But Canda with it's dense forest and high mountains be a natural habitat for Drop Bears. Maybe Brother stevebugge can start the conquering of Canada from Seattle?
Oracle
Possibly I can genetically modify Eucalyptus trees to grow there...
Grinder
I'm sure you can. Your Drop-Fu is strong.
nezumi
What if we could begin producting a eucalyptus substitute?

Neo Eucalyptus Resource Product Substance, we can call it, and we can ship it up to Canada or the Ukraine or Argentina or underwater, where ever the environment is hostile to the holy leaf.
Oracle
Substitute = Heresy.
Magus
Or we can create a giant "laser" to change the climate around the globe to facillitate the growth of the Holy Leaf in all climates.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 7 2006, 05:20 AM)
Quebec and France are similar, but not the rest of Canada.
But Canda with it's dense forest and high mountains be a natural habitat for Drop Bears. Maybe Brother stevebugge can start the conquering of Canada from Seattle?

Yes I have a plan and it involves hanging Drop Bears at a Vancouver Canucks game, I'll sneak them by Canadian Customs disguised as Hockey Fans.

I could use some Surfer Ninja Commando Drop Bear back up to claim the cruise ship piers.
fistandantilus4.0
I was thinking Peru might be a good place to set up some training grounds for the troops. A little jumping off point, if you will, for them to go for the rest of South America. The similar climate should make things easier. If Oracle can get some camps in Canada, we can eventually take North America in a pincer. Maybe start w/ California, since the surfers can lend some aid.

tisoz: good drop, happy landings. Go Drop with God my son.
Oracle
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Go Drop with God my son.

Which one?
fistandantilus4.0
whatever one your most comfortable in freefall with I suppose.
Magus
So where do my surfer commando's strike? North to the Arctic Waters of Canook Land? Or West to the sunny shores of California Or Instead The Gulf Waters of Central America Thus taking the land bridge of CA to South America and North America?
fistandantilus4.0
I say start in Cali. That way, when the Project:Blamd Canada inevitably stalls, they'll have a place to chill, catch some sun, do a little R&R, before having to go back to the front/top
Ophis
Having pacified most of Britain in a series of quite hits, I must ask the elders where next for my swing combo?
Or should I continue work on Drop Bears: the Musical?
Grinder
A musical? Hmm... nice idea. Do you have any ideas about the theme song(s) and script and all that?
fistandantilus4.0
Before you answer, if you make it yet another revamped/modernized,reinvented version of Romeo&Juliet, Drop bears or no, no power on earth nor orbital cow bombardment will save you. Fair warning.
Ophis
Well ther goes drop side story...

I was going to use the revamped timewarp as above. I was thinking that maybe it could be something to do with a ring, but that plot idea seems to run on a bit in length.

Do I really need plot when I have singing drop bears?

Hmm maybe the story of a young drop bear in surf commando school who gets taught to use all her skill by a masked drop bear who lives in the sewer...
Grinder
biggrin.gif Yeah, that sounds cool. Just come up with some cool character names. Surf commando school means beach, sun, half-naked girls. Sounds good to me smile.gif

Maybe we should grant you a new title?
Ophis
Well the masked mentor could be the Spectre or something like that.

Y'know I shall invite Andrew Lloydd Webber along to a meeting about the songs. Then one of my drop bears can rip his throat out.

Unsure about the lead drop bear, maybe bruce?
brohopcp
I have come to the conclusion that certain public figures are Drop Bears in disguise. Through serious contemplation and many hours of video... I know for a fact that "Mankind" (a.k.a. Mick Foley) is a drop bear commando.

I believe the evidence speaks for itself. Big, hairy, and likes to eat brains.

And... there are others out there, I am sure they exist. The search for the faithful will never end*.

<note> O.J. Simpson and Tom Cruise are not DBC's and remain top priority targets.

*until the unfaithful are dead
fistandantilus4.0
note that not all drop bears eat brains. Those are just the snobs mostly.
Grinder
QUOTE (brohopcp)
<note> O.J. Simpson and Tom Cruise are not DBC's and remain top priority targets.

And Ben Affleck.
Magus
I 've got the boards loaded up in the classic 65 woodies and we are heading to California.
BookWyrm
Not to be a thread hijacker, but..... click HERE.
30+coyote
I am turning over the GMing of our group to another player while I take a brain break but I asked him if I could have a pet drop-bear. It was funny. He didn't know what they where. "They are cute and soft, like mutant Quala... who are vampires." I was good up until the last part.
Grinder
QUOTE (Magus)
I 've got the boards loaded up in the classic 65 woodies and we are heading to California.

Don't forget Drop Beer and female ehm... support troops wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (30+coyote)
I am turning over the GMing of our group to another player while I take a brain break but I asked him if I could have a pet drop-bear. It was funny. He didn't know what they where. "They are cute and soft, like mutant Quala... who are vampires." I was good up until the last part.

Ever thought to play a Drop Bear shaman? biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
My GM is letting me make an aussie Drop Bear shaman. Even giving me a 'pet' drop bear for 5 BP (Mentor Spirit anyone? biggrin.gif )I'm just trying to figure out how to fill that dietary requirement for eucalyptus since the game isn't going to be based out of Australia (or California). Any ideas?
Herald of Verjigorm
Does it have to be in leaf form or can you stockpile some exotic cough drops or something like that?
fistandantilus4.0
I'd think that cough drops wouldn't make the cut. I don't think I'd make it far off of eating lemon flavored cough drops instead of food. And IIRC, Drop bears need lots of eucalyptus every day, so stockpiling would be a pain in the @ss.

Sure he could supplement that a bit by eating people's faces, but it doesn't meet the requirements.
Dranem
Order it in frozen or freeze dried and cook it int stir fries or maybe steep it as tea! biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
drop bear stir fry : Eucalyptus, fingers , blood, and water chesnuts.
stevebugge
Wow Fistandantilus, you just won the title: Iron Chef Drop Bear
fistandantilus4.0
a title Iwill humbly and gratefully accept. I mean , hell, who am I to say no!? biggrin.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
Eucalyptus MRE's. We could make a wide variety of finger foods to go along with them as snacks while you're waiting for the moment of Holy Drop. Fingers wrapped in eucalyptus leaves, crunchy deep fried eucalyptus taquitos, blood dipped eucalyptus roll-ups...
wobble.gif
Grinder
What's with Eucalyptus-flavored cocktails? We already have Drop Beer, so why not Drop Cocks? Or Drop Tails? biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Because I don't know anyone that would put a Drop Cock in their mouth.
Grinder
Indeed, that may be a problem. Anyone has a better name?
Foreigner
Because I don't know anyone that would put a Drop Cock in their mouth.

How about "accident-prone male fowl" ?

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
Ophis
Plunge trouser snake?
Magus
Harvey Ceiling Crashers
DocMortand
Considering I think originally it was supposed to be a drink (cocktail)...I have the answer to all.

Drop Tang.

Yes, a Eucalyptus variant of Tang, usable in space or on planet, can be dried powdery version (Drop snuff!) or in liquid (Drop squirt), a seasoning (Drop spice) or a meal in itself.

I rest my case.
Grinder
Sure I spoke of a cocktail, never had anything else in mind. Honestly.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Grinder)

mmhmm....we all believe you. Don't we, fellas?
fistandantilus4.0
Doc , you're a genius

Grinder, who's your favorite litte rascal? Probably not going to make sense to you 'cause you're from Germany, but I think the rest of us know the answer.
Oracle
I don't know the answer...
fistandantilus4.0
sorry, that's because it was from a movie on this side of the Ocean that not even a lot of people here liked. I did, and there was a funny part. Well, more than one, but now the moment has died so we'll just let it go quietly into that Drop night.
Oracle
What was the name of that movie?
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 22 2006, 04:46 PM)

mmhmm....we all believe you. Don't we, fellas?

I know, i know smile.gif

Ahh...how easy life can be when ignoring sarcasm and all that. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Grinder, who's your favorite litte rascal? Probably not going to make sense to you 'cause you're from Germany, but I think the rest of us know the answer.

What is this? Beat the germans? Remember, we have the evil gene in us wink.gif

wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012