Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Ophis
But not so much as us english people, only arabsa re more evil than us... Movies have taught me this.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Mar 23 2006, 07:27 AM)
Grinder, who's your favorite litte rascal? Probably not going to make sense to you 'cause you're from Germany, but I think the rest of us know the answer.

What is this? Beat the germans? Remember, we have the evil gene in us wink.gif

wobble.gif

Really Grinder, you should know by now that it's the Irish that are the true evil. Why do you think we don't have any Drop-Brigades there? THe bears are too scared!

Oracle:Tommy Boy
Grinder
The Irish are evil, no questions ask, but hey we Germans started three wars in 80 years (1870/71, WW1 & WW2), so there must be some evil gene in us. Not to speak of the 100-year war and the 30-year war.

Or Otto.
Ophis
Yeah, but the americans fought against us in the war of independence like a zillion years ago so we have to be evil right?
fistandantilus4.0
well that's not really fair for comparison. We Americans have pretty much fought everyone. Even ourselves (like "a zillion years ago"). But hey Grinder, why not, we'll allow you some good ol' german notoriety. 'Cuase that's what friends are for.
Grinder
Thank you, i feel so good now smile.gif

Sort of civil wars are not uncommon over here too. You americans simply improted the idea, like everything else wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
that's not true. I'm pretty sure we came up with hippies first.

Not really proud of that mind you, although I'm sure hippies are all well and good (*disclaimer*), just trying to claim some 'culture' of our own, ya' know.
stevebugge
Haven't the Austin Powers movies taught you anything? It's the Dutch who are evil!
nezumi
Maybe it's just humans who are evil? Isn't that why we're releasing drop bears to cleanse the earth?
Ophis
That explains it. So we take over the world and have our brains transplanted into perfect drop bear bodies and rule the world.
On the conquering front, do we actually have Australia?
I have most of Britain pacified on the quiet and now building scenery for Drop Bears! (I've dropped the "the musical" bit to go for a Cats like resonance)
fistandantilus4.0
Maybe you should underline Drop Bear "then"?

If we transplatned our brains in to drop bears, wouldn't htat defeat the purpose?
And I think Australia was just assumed. It's like Mecca
Grinder
QUOTE (Ophis)
That explains it. So we take over the world and have our brains transplanted into perfect drop bear bodies and rule the world.

No, we still have the universe to conquer!

Besides, a Drop Bear is already evil, why transplant our brains into Drop Bears and destroy their innate evilness. If we want new bodies we have to chose bodies not suspectible of evilness, like cows. Or doves.

But do we really want that, Brothers? Do we really want that?
Oracle
Well, I can't speak for the other Elders. But I am quite happy with this body and feel no desire to become a domesticated ungulate. I do not like the taste of grass (I am not talking about illegal (in most countries besides the Netherlands) drugs) and the prospect of being a ruminant is not very pleasant.
DocMortand
I second that - I'm already evil anyways, and besides, in my current human form I can continue paving the way in the human world for eventual drop bear world rule.

Besides, what do you think Kevorkian has been doing all this time? Being nice to elderly patients who want to die?
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (Grinder)

Besides, a Drop Bear is already evil, why transplant our brains into Drop Bears and destroy their innate evilness. If we want new bodies we have to chose bodies not suspectible of evilness, like cows. Or doves.

But do we really want that, Brothers? Do we really want that?

Drop Bears evil? I suppose that would depend on your point of view. As a Drop Bear Elder I find Drop Bears to be the most wonderful things filled with face ripping, blood drinking, head falling goodness. In fact you could even say Drop Bears are the epitome of all that is good and right in the world. Those who think otherwise have been deemed food.

I would gladly don the body of a noble and holy Drop Bear. Alas I’m afraid my somewhat limited brain wouldn’t survive the transformation. Therefore, I am relegated to this human shell, while my heart beats with the very essence of Dropdom pumping Drop Beer through my veins.

On the subject of conquest, I haven’t heard how our Mars Commando’s are doing. Is that planet secure? Have we setup an orbital launch facility there?
brohopcp
It's difficult to breathe... but my sacrifice will pave the way for the Drop Bear Scientists to equip the troops with oxygen masks. Probably something I should have thought about earlier, but what's the point of Devoted Followers without sacrifices?
fistandantilus4.0
That's the spirit. wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (brohopcp)
It's difficult to breathe... but my sacrifice will pave the way for the Drop Bear Scientists to equip the troops with oxygen masks. Probably something I should have thought about earlier, but what's the point of Devoted Followers without sacrifices?

Did you promise them 40 naked and willing virings at paradise or did they follow you out of True Belief of the Holy Cause?
Oracle
The prospect of 40 virgins can do a lot to strengthen a man's believes. rotfl.gif But one has to ask: Why are they still virgins? Possibly they are boring? Or they are ugly? Or smelly?
DocMortand
QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 27 2006, 01:37 AM)
The prospect of 40 virgins can do a lot to strengthen a man's believes.  rotfl.gif But one has to ask: Why are they still virgins? Possibly they are boring? Or they are ugly? Or smelly?

Nah, I kidnap 'em at birth from supermodel moms and raise them in hyperbaric chambers where they learn how to be beautiful and sexy...and alone. smile.gif

[edit] Besides...babies are virgins too, technically. If they aren't, exactly what age do they suddenly turn virgin rather than "unknown"?

[double edit] I smell a run here...
nezumi
QUOTE (DocMortand)
[edit] Besides...babies are virgins too, technically. If they aren't, exactly what age do they suddenly turn virgin rather than "unknown"?

This is true, however babies are both smelly and oftentimes boring.

I do think it interesting that at no point do they specify the gender of said virgins. Maybe all the martyrs end up in gaming conventions or something.
El_Machinae
I believe the species of the virgins are in question too. In fact, I pity the religion that puts a species to the virgin.
Grinder
Ahh, a new believer. Welcome Brother!

We never said that there are virgins (or gaming groups for those who prefer it) of any kind waiting for followers of the Holy Drop.
Magus
Virgins for all!!!
Grinder
In this world, not only in the afterlife!

biggrin.gif

Hoe's the status of your Florida-based Drop Bear Army?
Magus
We are making our Road trip to Cali for our intial beach head invasion and takeover of California. My troops insist on stopping at every touristy stop on the way. So far we have pic of the worlds largest ball of twine.
Foreigner
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 23 2006, 06:01 AM)
Sort of civil wars are not uncommon over here too. You Americans simply imported the idea, like everything else wink.gif

(Edited by Yours Truly)

Grinder:

I like what George Carlin said on that subject.

"...I don't think that anyone could *ever* have a *true* 'civil war'....It'd be like, 'Pardon me?' <BLAM!>"

eek.gif

--Foreigner
nezumi
The drop bear conspiracy has been touched upon by the news!! Sydney Morning Herald has reported that drop bears are more ferocious than salt-water crocodiles.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/03/29/...3441187263.html

[ Spoiler ]

Good job, boys!
DocMortand
Now THERE is a run gone wrong. grinbig.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
Seems the motherland (Australia) is still in good hands. I wonder what the croc did to catch the ire of the Drop Bear?
fistandantilus4.0
'prolly mouthing off. Those alligators are known to be big mouths after all.
Magus
Brethren I am concerned with the Media in the New Disney Flick, the Wild. They are mocking the Holy Drop Bear by poking fun his lowly cousin the Koala!! My rear echelon in Orlando are making plans to eradicate this slur on our familial honor.
PlainWhiteSocks
Perhaps this Disney prodding will entice more lowly koala's to join the blessed ranks of the Holy HMHVV Drop Bears. Once the koalas see your troops in action against the Disney oppressors we should get an influx of new recruits. I will ready the temple to welcome them into the fold.

Good job magus.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Magus)
Brethren I am concerned with the Media in the New Disney Flick, the Wild. They are mocking the Holy Drop Bear by poking fun his lowly cousin the Koala!! My rear echelon in Orlando are making plans to eradicate this slur on our familial honor.

I'll come down from the north to take Anaheim!
Valentinew
Are we sure it's mockery? As voiced by the brilliant Eddie Izzard, isn't it possible that this character was designed to promote a false sense of security among the uninitiated?

Or am I hoping for too much?
Magus
QUOTE (Valentinew)
Are we sure it's mockery? As voiced by the brilliant Eddie Izzard, isn't it possible that this character was designed to promote a false sense of security among the uninitiated?

Or am I hoping for too much?

Val, they are mocking the lowly cousin of the Holy Drop Bear!! They make him look a fool! For instance the Koala is dropping from the trees in training for his day of conversion and they have land on a fence wracking his manhood!! This mockery shall not go unpunished.
BookWyrm
Dear God In Heaven, have mercy upon your poor pitiful creation, and make this STOP.
Kremlin KOA
*Doses Bookwyrm with Gamma Scapolamine* "For you, it has stopped"
stevebugge
There is no stopping the inexorable march of the Drop Bear Legions
Tattered~Seraphim
*LMAO!* That's funny! I'm very impressed, the koala concerned must indeed have some Drop Bear blood within him to be able to achieve what a croc couldn't!
Grinder
You're still laughing? Did you read the whole 70 pages of our holy crusade? If not: do so and return here after it.

Drop!
fistandantilus4.0
I don't see how he could have. Other wise he would have been crying, and the spelling would be bad, because his hands would be shaking. It's always hard, even on the initiated. Some walk on coals, some deny food, some, self mutilate. We read Drop-canon.
stevebugge
Funny and all this time I thought I just had a drooling problem, you're telling me it's caused by reading and rereading the scripture?
Tattered~Seraphim
I was refering to the article about the koala and the croc. ^_^
Sadly, I haven't managed to read the whole 70 pages of the thread yet (being a student with a huge dissertation to do). But I don't think that I'll be broken by the end of it- I teach myself about Superstring Theory and M-Theory, which IS something that breaks your mind and makes your brain dribble out of your ears, especially when the maths for it is involved. ^_^ Muwahaha!!!!
Grinder
Others tried and failed, so will you.
Tattered~Seraphim
Want a bet?
Tattered~Seraphim
*Has been flicking through the last few pages of the thread*

Oi! Ophis! nyahnyah.gif Don't you dare plan on killing ALW, after all, he did write the music for only the greatest musical, Phantom of the Opera.........
Muwahahaha........ *grins evilly with an idea for the Drop Bear Musical*- Drop Bear of the Outback (which regards a hideous disfigured drop bear that's threatening a small town, whilst greatly enarmoured with the town's greatest beauty and wifelife expert); the movie Interview with the Drop Bear, The Dumpshock Drop-Bear Picture Show....
Grinder
Welcome, new Brother. smile.gif

Good for we didn't place a bet. DPC always wins.
Tattered~Seraphim
*Grins and cackles gleefully, huming the Drop Bear Imperial March*

Agenda on how to take over the world check-list:

*Become a vampire (work in progress)
*Acquire a Drop Bear army to aid in taking over the world- check
*Become the Queen of the Damned
*Kill off a large majority of the world's population, using drop bear minions as troops, and take over the world. Cars will be disposed of and stargate travel will be possible, and people will live in a world that is a mixture of past and future (a la Vampire Hunter D). Thus Drop Bears will be able to populate other planets, helping me to become the Universal Empress. -currently working on it by studying physics to a suitable level.

Muwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooopps...... did I say that all aloud? *Looks innocent*
Ophis
Sorry T~S but ALW is a marked man.
With Drop Bears! We will take the West End by storm, and conquer Broadway. We have moved into serious rehearsals. I expect my first star hissy fit any momment know. ALW stands in our way and is clearly a Fraggle, he is the enemy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012