Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Valentinew
Maybe they know something we don't....
fistandantilus4.0
Or it could be that we know something that they know that we know, although we don't know that we know it yet, and they're worried that eventually we will know, and then everyone will know, and then they won't be the only knowers in the know, ya' know?

Or maybe it's just the the DBC is just to striaghtforward for their taste. Not their flavor of insanity and all that.
Grinder
If we really want to convert Synner and AH to our cause, we need to be more secretive and make strange hints only a handful of people will understand.
That's too nerdy for me biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
Too nerdy for Dumpshock, my little mind cannot comprehend that sentence.

<<Twitch, twitch>>

dead.gif
Grinder
Time will bring understanding.
Jrayjoker
Or the true enlightenment of Drop Bear induced insanity!
Grinder
There's a difference? biggrin.gif
Oracle
It's all about enlightment brethren.
Oracle
Another thread has been converted to the cause. vegm.gif
Grinder
That was easy. biggrin.gif love.gif
Jrayjoker
Mwa Ha Ha Ha!
Calvin Hobbes
No One's made mention of the appearance of Drop Bears in Nextwave #5. No One's informed me of many things.
PlainWhiteSocks
Nextwave eh? I wasn't aware the DBC had infiltrated Marvel. Is this a rouge unit or the work of our Information Collection Unit? Perhaps this is the swiftest way to a Drop Bear movie.
Grinder
Mr. Hobbes, you are a new convert, iirc. New converts don't get informed about about everything.

Speaking of a possbile movie, what's up wth the musical?
Ophis
Progressing gradually, at the moment. Training furry killing machines to sing is harder than you'd think...
Oracle
Well, we made some interesting advancement in the crossbreeding of Drop Bears and some other HMVV infected critter called a "Daughter of Cacophony"...
Ophis
Why wasn't I told, send me them now, they may be able to handle the Aria's in the big show stopping number "Music of the Drop!"
Oracle
I said we made some advancements. I did not say we created something very useful. Have you ever seen a singer shatter glass with her voice? Well, we have the same phenomenon. With people. It wasn't easy to get the stains out of my clothes.
Ophis
WE could save them for performances with the reviewers... Or just send our enemies free tickets...
PlainWhiteSocks
Send our enemies dicount coupons so they must pay for their deaths.

Jrayjoker
And charge them $7.00 for a short drop-beer during intermission! Mwah ha ha ha ha!
Grinder
Great ways to earn money for our fight! smile.gif
Jrayjoker
And if you are nice and loyal we will let you take a 3% markup as pure profit for your platoon.
DocMortand
Mrr! I leave for a while and this thread is languishing? Shame! I bring word that Drop Bears have crossed the gaming divide - I brought Drop Bear mentions to a neolithic game I play in - it didn't go over very well, but it worked and got some groans.
nezumi
Actually, the thread has gone up by almost 100 posts since last week. They're all just stealth posts. We've become aware that certain non-believers can also read this thread, and so we've begun hiding all sensitive posts in trees (so we can drop them on people).

Hey, anyone know where we hid the Albania-take-over post? I seem to have misplaced it.
stevebugge
QUOTE (nezumi)
Actually, the thread has gone up by almost 100 posts since last week. They're all just stealth posts. We've become aware that certain non-believers can also read this thread, and so we've begun hiding all sensitive posts in trees (so we can drop them on people).

Hey, anyone know where we hid the Albania-take-over post? I seem to have misplaced it.

Wasn't that the one in the eucalyptus by the gift store at the zoo? Now if I could just remember which zoo.
Ophis
Behind the fridge full of Drop Bear.
nezumi
QUOTE (Ophis)
Behind the fridge full of Drop Bear.

I don't know about where you're at, but round here we don't support trapping poor drop bears in refrigerators.
Grinder
It's for training purposes - Arctic Commando Ninja Drop Bear Squads!

But.. shhh...
Ophis
Only the ones who fail to learn their parts...

Not a typo at all.
stevebugge
Actually specially trained Drop Bears shipped in refrigerators would be a great way to get a fifth column in to tevery industrialized nation, best of all Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. would handle all the logistics for us.

Besides the looks on the faces of the people who end up with one of these would be priceless.
nezumi
Oh man, what we need to do is get them into crates of Eucalyptus losenges, but the super huge crates they put at the very top shelf, forty feet above the ground, at giant stores like Costco and the like. Then they have a bunch of people, crowded together, with limited escape routes that are easily blocked, the element of surprise, PLUS all the ingredients for a tasty banquet!
PBTHHHHT
Aye, definitely not fast food because the people are too packed, they can't get any running speed. Banquet? That's more of a sit down ordeal, but I don't think the drop bears will be sitting down and having the food to be served to them, it's more like a buffet...
Demon_Bob
This thread is still going. eek.gif Wow!

Warning.
Drop Bears
Use of Eucalyptus products
Can be detrimental to your Health.
Proceed with caution.
Grinder
QUOTE (Demon_Bob)
This thread is still going. eek.gif Wow!

And we still develop new ideas biggrin.gif

Great idea to use fridges as secret weapons, Brothers! cool.gif
Magus
Greetings Brethren. I have returned. I and my troops have been running super secret combat trials in the keys, and our HQ in Orlando and other places. How goes the Holy Crusade to Bristol?
Ophis
Umm I forget, Bath is very nice though.
Looks at steaming wreckage behind him.

I think Bristol is passified...
nezumi
Hey guys, how about this for a movie idea:

Drop Bears on a Plane

Think it'd sell? Come on, tell me it'd sell.
Jrayjoker
While I am a strong supporter of Drop Bear anything typically, I don't think this plays to our strengths. I mean, our furry friends need to be able to reach terminal velocity for their opening salvo to have the truly devastating effect we know and love.
Grinder
True spoken.

But a propaganda movie is a good idea. Maybe "The Drop-Team"?
Jrayjoker
I wanna play BA!
Grinder
Murdoch is my man! biggrin.gif

But our preferences are not important. Drop Bears will play the important/ main characters (=heroes) of that movie. You know, saving the day, resueing the princess, eat the donuts, whatever.
Jrayjoker
Too true Elder Grinder, too true. I am ashamed at my presumtion.

<<sigh>> Will I never get to play BA?
Grinder
Thank you smile.gif

Maybe you can play BA, as long as Drop Bears are the main characters.

Or you film your own A-Team-ripoff. With Blackjack! And Hookers! biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
Mmmmm, hookers...

Wait NO! I didn't say that out loud, did I?

silly.gif
Grinder
Why not?

Hookers! Hookers! Hookers! Hookers! Hookers!

Thank god I'm home alone. biggrin.gif
nezumi
I was thinking the plot would be the drop bears pilot the plane, then bravely jump out of the plane to hit terrorists and tax collectors on the ground far below (therefore winning us food, prestige and a chance to say great lines like "there are motherfucking drop bears in this motherfucking thread!!")
Jrayjoker
Viv La Revolution!
Grinder
Cheesy plot, cool! Any chance to give Carmen Elektra a main role?
Witness
Forgive me for my interruption and impudence, but I am here to report grave news from my recent mission to Gibraltar.

In this place there are monkeys which are shamelessly attempting to master the copyrighted attack strategy of the Sacred Drop Bear.

As I preambulated down a tree-lined lane, two members of the Barbary Macaque Drop Bear Immitation Force took up positions in a tree ahead of my path, no doubt detecting the odour of peanut which persisted after my recent snack, and then hurled themselves out of said tree in a blatant attempt to land on my head.

Thankfully their strategies are not yet at Drop Bear levels of proficiency. Their stealth work was somewhat shoddy and their ambush was readily anticipated by myself and my partner. Thanks to our evasive manouvres, said members of the BMDBIF missed their targets by several feet and ended up looking rather foolish and slightly embarrassed.

Nevertheless I thought it my duty to report this insolent appropriation of Drop Bear tactics to the high council, that they make take action accordingly.

*backs out of the room while bowing*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012