Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Oracle
Where the frag is Adenstedt? Never heard of it! :o)
hyzmarca
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jun 17 2005, 07:43 AM)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jun 16 2005, 09:53 PM)
Is anyone else worried that the drop bears thread has made it to 3 pages?

Are you kidding? I celebrate the fact that we have 66 posts here!

grinbig.gif

hee heee hee. That was page 3. spin.gif

We just need to get 115 more posts and them have the thread locked at that perfect number.

Mwuhahahahaha
Oracle
Please back to Topic!! Does anyone know if any zoo in the 6th World is keeping HMVV infected animals?
nezumi
Oh, I get to do roll call too!

Cubicle 2D-02.10

I'm in the chair not currently occupied by a backpack. I'm not getting more specific than that!

So how did that drop bear shelter go? You have a lot of competition from Universal Brotherhood? I heard they were setting up drop bear eucalyptus kitchens throughout New York.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Ryu)
I want to be a drop bear commando too!

Earth -> Europe -> Old Europe -> Germany -> Lower Saxony -> Region of Hannover -> Adenstedt

(Kept a bit more than oracles format)

Regarding the french revolution: Did you ever ask yourself if they really intended to mount sharp blades on their guillotines (sp?), or if they had to do because drop bears where in short supply?

well they weren't that sharp (relied on weight/momentum IIRC) but thats beside the point.

No the guillotine was used to throw their enemies off the tracks of their Drop Bear ninja allies.
Grinder
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
We just need to get 115 more posts and them have the thread locked at that perfect number.

Aha, i see... you want this thread to get locked? Only an enemy of our Drop Bear Master can demand that!

You better have a good explanation ready, otherwise Night One Assassin Drop Bear Commandos will come to your home.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Sep 22 2005, 05:31 PM)

Aha, i see... you want this thread to get locked? Only an enemy of our Drop Bear Master can demand that!

You better have a good explanation ready, otherwise Night One Assassin Drop Bear Commandos will come to your home.

Because the prophecy will then be fulfilled?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Sep 22 2005, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Sep 22 2005, 05:31 PM)

Because the prophecy will then be fulfilled?

Exactly, 666 posts, the Number of the Drop Bear.
DocMortand
Nah, you're looking at it from the wrong perspective.

From above, 666 looks like 999 - so 999 is in fact the actual number of the Drop Bear Horror.
Lady Door
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Sep 22 2005, 04:46 AM)
Probably something ridicoulus.

!!

I'll have you know I take the drop bear threat very seriously! We're digging a drop bear shelter at home! (it's a nice warm place for all the displaced drop bears to go. We serve them hot soup, give them blankets, and teach them of our lord. They infect us. It's a fair trade)

Ummm.. why was I not aware of the aforementioned "Drop Bear Shelter"?? Though...it does explain the strange noises... and the disappearing Ritz crackers... hmmmm.

*slightly afraid to go home now..*
fistandantilus4.0
"slightly" afraid? then obviously you don't understand the full extent of the threat.

You haven't seen the shelter yet? The kids are helping me dig it underneath their beds. I told them that drop bears eat clowns. So they're trying to get them to move in to stop the clowns. Which is why they keep saying "can't sleep, clowns will eat me". They're digging when you're not looking. smile.gif

Oracle: I knda doubt it. Would you purposefully try to capture a diseased animal that is a know man eater in a cute cudly costume and display it to little kiddies? Hmm.... let me rephrase. Would a zoo do that?

BTW, I'm in Orem Utah, cube 2068. I forget which continent and planet though. I think it's the blue one. The planet that is. I think the continents green or yellow, I forget. But I know Madascgar's always purple!
Oracle
@fistandantilus3.0: Well I would do it...
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Oracle @ Sep 23 2005, 12:23 AM)
@fistandantilus3.0: Well I would do it...

which is why I said
Hmm.... let me rephrase. Would a zoo do that?

psycho

exposing the next generation to drop bears . Shame on you . shame! *waggles finger in Oracles direction*
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Nah, you're looking at it from the wrong perspective.

From above, 666 looks like 999 - so 999 is in fact the actual number of the Drop Bear Horror.

So we still have a lot of work to do. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
we'll get there. I think the largest page I've seen so far was I believe 38 pages. it was the 'Can we beat Horrors'. So now our cause is for the drop bear page to beat the horrors. Or is that eat? .....
Grinder
Horros are not immune to physical damage so a platoon of Drop Bears probably can harm and even kill a Horror.
fistandantilus4.0
probably!? Hell yeah they can!Well, except for Bone crown. Drop Bears jump down, get impaled, Bone Crown shakes 'his ' head, drop bears fall off, horror walks away..... yeah
Grinder
We need to cross-breed Drop Bears and insects so we get Chitin-armored Drop Bears.

It's nearly too simple. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
drop bear-invae?

ooh ooh! Drop bear spider insect spirits half breeds!

Drop! go back up. Drop! go back up. Drop! .....
Grinder
Ah, spiders are overrated. Could you imagine a Drop Bear with six or eight legs?
I don't know the english name of it, but a Drop Bear - Hirschkäfer half breed would be cool and a powerful force of destruction.
fistandantilus4.0
according to my google-fu, there is no translation, so I'll just nod like a good lil' ignorant wretch and say "yes Grinder, makes perfect sense" smile.gif
Oracle
Spiders are no insects. They are arachnoids. That's why there are no spider spirits in canon. Yes, I know. There is that one single stupid novel. Just ignore that one single stupid novel.
Grinder
And they have to chitin-armor, so they're not usuable for our breeding experiments.

Help me out with the damn Hirschkäfer translation btw. smile.gif
Oracle
Grinder is talking about a giant Stag Beetle... *s*
fistandantilus4.0
Well there was the spider spirit in ... oh... right.. never mind....

Interestingly enough, the spider totem was in Australia.... drop bears are in Australia....
Oracle
Possibly another conspiracy??
fistandantilus4.0
you guys keep saying 'possibly'. Of COURSE it is!. I just don't know exactly what kind of conspiracy.... yet. But be sure that it's fiendish. Diabolical even.

Really it's likely that the spider just likes drop bears as a snack. like those little red hot tamales. Regular koalas are yummy, HMHVV infected ones have some spice.

nummmy...... drop bearry goodness...
Oracle
Do you really think spiders would stand a chance against something as malicious and powerful as our furry bioweapons?
Grinder
If the spiders gets the Drop Bears by surprise, while the latter are asleep: yes, maybe.
But in a regular fight our furry Drop Bears will certainly win.

EDIT: typo
Oracle
Pah! True Drop Bear ninja commandos do not need to sleep! Instead they are known to use secret kujikiri tenchiques for relaxation.
Grinder
Spiders fight without honor, so they may cast a Stunball on a commandon of Ninja Drop Bears and attack them afterwards.

But our Improved Cybered Albino Ninja Drop Bears are immune to that spell.
Jrayjoker
You've got to understand. The drop bear is in a perpetual state of drowsiness, so stunballs have no effect ever, the albinos are just that much more intimidating.
Grinder
That's an aspect of Drop Bear science i'm not familiar with, so i was just thinking around. But good to know.
Oracle
Heed the wisdom of the drop bear!!!
PlainWhiteSocks
Just read the entire Drop Bear Thread. Going to go off in a corner to let my head explode. Just had to add my vote for Drop Bears over Horrors.
Grinder
All 24 pages? Respect... i mean: so now you're a convert and may start to know the truth about Drop Bears. Welcome.

Eucalyptus drops?
martingotthard
QUOTE (Enigma)

Kudos to whoever wrote T:AL!!

You're welcome biggrin.gif
The dropbear was one of the bigger parts of cheese we (deliberately) included in T:AL. With all of the scare-the-tourist legends floating about in the present day, we basically had to put the funny joke in.

I mean, who really expects a carniverous koala??

The Bunyip on the other hand should be scary-as-shit, awakened Platypus though it is.

It was actually pretty hard writing up critters, since most of them were done pretty well already (Mmmm, megalodon). Or sucked. We came to the conclusion that without high reaction, armour or stealth a critter wasn't going to last the first round against a sammie, let alone a whole team. *yawn*, boring, basically. The equivalent of Star Trek Redshirts.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (martingotthard)
QUOTE (Enigma)

Kudos to whoever wrote T:AL!!

You're welcome biggrin.gif
The dropbear was one of the bigger parts of cheese we (deliberately) included in T:AL. With all of the scare-the-tourist legends floating about in the present day, we basically had to put the funny joke in.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!

All right, sic 'im boys!
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (martingotthard)

He has to part of the conspiracy. He's using words as an elegant Ninja Drop Bear ninja ball to redirect and subvert our attentions away from the true threat.

I've read the posts, and I'm on to you!!!!! spin.gif

Time to go back to plating Eucalyptus trees in the back yard for the Drop Bear soup kitchen.
evil1i
QUOTE (martingotthard)

NOBODY expects the carniverous koala!
Whose chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
It's two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
It's three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
and an almost fanatical devotion to the Eucalypt....
It's four... no...
Nikoli
Maybe you should come in again.
Jrayjoker
Does that joke ever get old? love.gif
Oracle
Which one? biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Exactly
DocMortand
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)

Heck no! And for saying that you deserve a visit from the Drop Bear Ninjas, you heretic!
Nikoli
I wasn't expecting a Drop Bear Ninja!
PBTHHHHT
Just like nobody expects the Drop Bear Inquisition!
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Sep 27 2005, 08:06 AM)

Heck no! And for saying that you deserve a visit from the Drop Bear Ninjas, you heretic!

I am their leader. I fear no drop bear ninja, except the one who will replace me.
Kagetenshi

*THUD*

~…
Ryu
All hail Kagetenshi, the new Drop Bear Ninja Master!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012