Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
nezumi
Magus, I will be swinging by to see the results of the invasion next week. My employer foolishly believes I'm attending some human conference called Lotusphere. Little do they expect it will be renamed Bloddy Drop Bearsphere by future historians. I will be excited to see the work you have done in our nation's entertainment capital. Perhaps I will bring some of the techniques back to our nation's beuracracy capital.
Magus
Be Welcome!!
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Aku)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jan 20 2006, 08:19 AM)
err... as Plan B is , in fact ,my wife, so that would be sister

wait, your wife is your sister?

Sorry, that was too easy biggrin.gif

great, as if Utah didn't have a bad enough reputation as it was....
Grinder
rotfl.gif

Wait until Utah is converted into a country of devoted Drop Bear followers, then the reputation will rise.

@Magus: great news! But i hope your troops don't practise with Donald Duck? Anyway, very good work. We should grant you a title - any ideas?
fistandantilus4.0
The Happiest Zealot on Earth?
Magus
It is of no matter to me. But remember Its a Small Small World!!!
Grinder
The title in is signature is promotion enough. Sorry for noticing it not earlier.
PBTHHHHT
I just love how another thread has drop bears as part of the discussion, let the infection spread!!! smile.gif

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=11590
Grinder
That was nearly too easy wink.gif

But anyway, thanks to Brother Ancient History for being the first one to menion Drop Bears at that thread.
Magus
My Troops Have now conquered all of Disney, and now Universal Studios. Soon we will be on the way to take over DisneyLand in Orange County Ca. From there we will stage strikes into Los Angeles and infilitrate LAX. From there we will send strike teams to aid Elder Fisty in Utah and then Dominate Vegas.
Brahm
QUOTE (Magus @ Jan 26 2006, 04:48 PM)
My Troops Have now conquered all of Disney, and now Universal Studios.

I assumed that the Drop Bear Agenda had already penetrated Disney years ago since I see Experiment 626 as the closest film representation of a Drop Bear. Stitch being a plant to desensitize the general public and put a friendly face on Drop Bears ahead of installlation of the Drop Bear Junta.
Brahm
By the way, you all realize you are mad as hatters?
Grinder
Brother Magus, don't move to fast with your troops. There's a lot of landscape between Orlando and Orange County, i guess. So take time, don't be impatient. Patience is the strength of the Drop Bear, alsways remember that.

We already have a Drop Bear Conquering Force at Seattle, which will head all the way to LA, so no need to rush things.
Grinder
QUOTE (Brahm)
By the way, you all realize you are mad as hatters?

Seems as if you didn't read the whole thread.... do so and we will talk again, soon-to-be.convert. biggrin.gif
Magus
Grinder I plan on at least a month of R&R and two months of simulations before moving on California. Unless the CEO of DL swings into town then we will get the DROP on him. HA-Ha
stevebugge
QUOTE (Grinder)
Brother Magus, don't move to fast with your troops. There's a lot of landscape between Orlando and Orange County, i guess. So take time, don't be impatient. Patience is the strength of the Drop Bear, alsways remember that.

We already have a Drop Bear Conquering Force at Seattle, which will head all the way to LA, so no need to rush things.

And we are smuggling Drop Bear Advance Infiltrators all over the world aboard Container Ships out of the ports of Seattle and Tacoma. The deck cranes provide a seaborn habitat for them.
Magus
QUOTE (Grinder)

And we are smuggling Drop Bear Advance Infiltrators all over the world aboard Container Ships out of the ports of Seattle and Tacoma. The deck cranes provide a seaborn habitat for them.

But nothing compares with my custom designed water vector-thrust surfboards!!
stevebugge
QUOTE (Magus)
QUOTE (Grinder)

But nothing compares with my custom designed water vector-thrust surfboards!!

My advance infiltrators will act as spotters for your surf ninja drop bears
Magus
Cool Brah!!
Ophis
My drop bear swing combo will prepare some beachboys style tunes to inspire our surfers...

I am working on a big plan for us in London. As the British intelligence services are clever and not above covering themselves in piss to discourage my troops (the traditional deterrent to our furry minions) I must move carefully in utmost secrecy after this post.
Oracle
Just use some cooked boar in mint sauce and some hot water with milk to lure them into a trap...
stevebugge
Or tell them you saw David Beckham driving on the motorway 3 sheets to the wind, again, to lure them in to an ambush.
nezumi
I have returned from my fact finding mission to Orlando. Magus has done an excellent job. At first I saw no sign of drop bears anywhere, but while visiting Sea World, I saw Shamu (or Mamu, whichever one is a big, fat aquatic mammal) jump and drop from the sky, clearly imitating the new rulers of Disney World. Good job, the conspiracy continues with only a jumping whale to give away our secrets.
Magus
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Ophis
London is ours.
The fighting was brutal but eventually my troops led the british troops into a final confrontation in Trafalger square. As I planned this allowed my troops to make deadly use of Nelsons Column. Then it was a simple matter of convince the Mayor of London to help me keep order by telling him that the drop bears would be the ultimate way of removing pigeons. Then and conservative politicians.

Next we will move on Birmingham, if I can convince the troops to risk it's horrible traffic...
Grinder
What's with Buckingham Palace and the Royal Family?

Kepp up the good job! smile.gif
Ophis
After one of my boys ate Prince Philips face for an unfourtunate comment about antipodeans, they are pacified.
Maybe all the time I spend with my boys is why people think I have an aussie accent.
Oracle
Did you find any traces of mint sauce out there?
Ophis
Nope no traces of mint sauce, me and the boys clean it all right up...
hmm roasted lamb... lick.gif
Oracle
Lamb is great...but why spoiling it with mint sauce if one could use holy eucalyptus sauce???
Ophis
Sorry I believe in enjoying the holy eucalyptus on its own so as to be able to experience it's taste with out any interference.

But hey it might be good on lamb.
Oracle
Yeah, but during the times of war we need all eucalyptus we can get to feed our legions. frown.gif
Magus
Well my boys are using that Vicks Vapor Rub to inhale the eucalyptus fumes and licking it off thier paws, as it is somewhat water resistant my surfers love it!!
DocMortand
Oy! The Possibilities!

This shows what a mating between a koala and a dolphin would be. Now put fangs on the koala and we can now conquer the mighty ocean!
Oracle
Brother Mortand! I do not think, that you really want us to corrupt the genetic purity of the holy Drop Bear...do you?
Ophis
Egads!!! its wrong I tell you just plain wrong.
DocMortand
Well we will conquer the land masses easily - our drop bear forces are unstoppable! BUT - we will not have conquered the mighty deeps! Drop bears are not native to the ocean, and can be easily defeated. Thus we need underlings, do we not?

Unless YOU have a better idea for subjugating the ocean?
PlainWhiteSocks
We can subjugate Sea Monkeys and use them as underwater troops en-masse. If they get out of line we can always hold their land based cousins as hostages. Sea Monkeys are more closely related since they know what trees are, yet pose no threat to our utter domination of those trees, or anything else for that matter.

I suggest we work on Eucalyptus Kelp beds to aid in our efforst.
DocMortand
I dunno - unless you do some serious genetic tinkering they're still going to be small troops that will get EATEN en masse by whales.
nezumi
Hah! I knew my sea-monkeys would be good for something!! I've been raising them successfully since October (happy birthday me!) All tests have shown they are only effective in a drop sneak attack when their aquarium is dropped with them, however. But I have begun spreading sea-monkeys around the local area, having already given a brood to someone in imports/exports, and a second batch prepared for my boss.

I am pleased to know my efforts will be of some use to the DBC.
Aku
These would definately be useful for whenever i start my attack of north carolina... take over the outerbanks in no time i would with drop dolbears
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Well we will conquer the land masses easily - our drop bear forces are unstoppable! BUT - we will not have conquered the mighty deeps! Drop bears are not native to the ocean, and can be easily defeated. Thus we need underlings, do we not?

Unless YOU have a better idea for subjugating the ocean?

We already have a commando of Surf Ninja Drop Bears, based in Florida, brother.
Oracle
Brethren, I made some secret experiments with Orbital Drop Bear Launch Facilities. The result can be seen here!
Grinder
Looks cool, brother. smile.gif Do the Drop Bears survive the re-entry into atmosphere? And do they land at the aimed point on earth (=target)?
Ophis
For the seas we just need to fit out our troops with scuba gear...
or train them to surf like brother magus has.
Oracle
Well Grinder, of course the Orbital Drop Bear Launch Facilities are still at a very early stage of experimentation and development. The accuracy is very good. Combined with the high impact speed of nearly 4 km/s or 14.000 km/h I am able to precisely turn whole buildings into dust. The suvivability of the 'ammunition' however still could use some improvement. frown.gif Of course I am not sure of that. I did never find any dead 'ammunition'. But the cause needs sacrifices.
Grinder
It's Elder Grinder, Elder. biggrin.gif

Well, so why use holy Drpp Bears as ammunition at all? Try captured ehh.. converted danish.
Magus
Brother Ophis my troops are trained in SCUBA warfare as well. We have been training hard here in Orlando in our training facilities Typhoon Lagoon and SeaWorld. As to the notion of "ammunition " for the Orbital Drop Bear Launcher how about those worthless Panda's ???
PlainWhiteSocks
I'm sure the inquisition can come up with plenty of ammunition for the Orbital Drop Bear Launch Facilities. I suggest using Mr. Platinum clones.

DocMortand: What the sea monkeys lack in size they will make in fanaticism. Those whales will have heartburn for months. grinbig.gif

DocMortand
To start a completely different thread of thought - anyone put in a drop bear conspiracy in their games yet?

Also - how would you construct a REALISTIC drop bear conspiracy in the SR game? I.E. One that doesn't make your players roll their eyes in disbelief. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012