Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Jrayjoker
I know for a fact that my old D&D GM used to drop cows on us if we mentioned allignments. He made us roll for it, too.
PiXeL01
oh, D&D? isnt it where a Cyclops rock do 410 points of damage? Dont wanna get hit by one of those.
Then again a Drop Bear probably does a whole lot more, but it probably needs more time for it. Initial drop = some damage. Blood Crazed Frenzy = A huge load of damage over a short periode of time
Jrayjoker
In SR a cyclops' rock would have the N classification in its damage code (Naval, for punching through hulls).

A well executed Drop Bear attack is a sight to behold, though.
PlainWhiteSocks
The eucalyptus candle factories are secured. New shipments of Drop Bear friendly blood laced eucalyptus candles should be arriving shortly.

The Finnish expedition is going well, but has stopped at the Aalto Centre in Seinäjoki to make some new converts, and spread drop beer to the poor uninformed Finns.
Grinder
Currently we're infiltrating Helsinki, the only noteable Anti Drop Bear-Stronghold in Finnland. We will need some days to bring all Aquatic Albinon German Ninja Drop Bears to Helsinki and find a decent amount of high trees, but then we'll be ready for attack.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (PiXeL01 @ Dec 7 2005, 04:33 PM)
I think someone is tried to do the same thing with chickens as we have been doing with Drop Bears

Evidence #1 - http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=52

Yeah, I did that once. It was year ago. Took a bunch of geneticly engineered super chickens and had them raid a KFC. Chickens ate kentucky fired people that day.

Chickens aren't nearly as fun as drop bears.
Grinder
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

Nothing can stand the fun level of a platoon Drop Bears.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Dec 8 2005, 08:50 PM)

Nothing can stand the fun level of a platoon Drop Bears.

*inserts an "of" in there somewhere.*

By the way, Iceland is now completely pacified. So the famous icelandic hot springs are now available...oh and we got that Bobby Fischer guy.
Grinder
Bah, i'm always have problems with "of".

My platoons are still looking for famous finnish women to kidnap, but with no success so far. They caught Tarja (ex-Nightwish), but after she had been exposed to sunlight, half of my Drop Bears ran away. She's nothing without a thick layer of make-up.
Ophis
I'll be with you all in a few days, my drop bear swing combo has finally finished dragging the mermaid onto the truck.

Elders where net should I deploy my deadly combination of jazz and pop?
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (Ophis)
I'll be with you all in a few days, my drop bear swing combo has finally finished dragging the mermaid onto the truck.

Jazz and pop? How about jazz and drop, bite, claw, infect, maim, and rend with uncorruptable odium? biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmm…. I hope our troops are not getting soft. Would hate to see more summary incinerations. indifferent.gif
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
QUOTE (Ophis)

Jazz and pop? How about jazz and drop, bite, claw, infect, maim, and rend with uncorruptable odium? biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmm…. I hope our troops are not getting soft. Would hate to see more summary incinerations. indifferent.gif

Just because my inquisition squads have penchant for flamethrowers doesn't mean you should hate it. Oh no, you should view as a culling of the weak, those who can't conform to Drop Bear standards. We're making the troops stronger by culling the weak, especially the weak willed. It is much more of a shame to the drop bears of those who physically meet the standards but give in to temptations of the weak... wink.gif
DocMortand
*tosses a eucalyptus mint past PTHBTTTT and runs away*

scarrrryyyyyyyy
Oracle
Grinder, do you have any use for that Tarja woman? If not, could you please deliver her to me? I'm planning some research in the area of accoustic weapons. And I don't think anyone will miss her. ^^
DocMortand
What ARE you talking about? I certainly don't plan on missing her with my Barrett!
Oracle
I am talking about her...winning personality. o_O
DocMortand
Yup, she's won me over. I must gift her with this next bullet...
Oracle
Hmm, you seem to like gifting people with bullets and you are from Dallas, Texas...where have you been on the 22nd of November 1963?
Ophis
The biting and clawing and rending and tearing and savaging, goes with out saying and comes naturally to my boys, we tell the record company it's "dancing", at least until the exec gets in reach/under the tree for a "better look".

Grinder
QUOTE (Oracle)
Grinder, do you have any use for that Tarja woman? If not, could you please deliver her to me? I'm planning some research in the area of accoustic weapons. And I don't think anyone will miss her. ^^

I'll send a squad of special trained Silencer Drop Bears to you, delivering her. I'm glad to get rid of her - she won't stop yelling and screaming, driving my Drop Bears crazy sooner or later.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Oracle)
Hmm, you seem to like gifting people with bullets and you are from Dallas, Texas...where have you been on the 22nd of November 1963?

How did you find out about that? That is top secret Drop Bear Commando Black Ops material!

*snaps his fingers and a legion of drop bears materializes behind him*

Eliminate the traitor!
DocMortand
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Dec 15 2005, 07:49 AM)

I'll send a squad of special trained Silencer Drop Bears to you, delivering her. I'm glad to get rid of her - she won't stop yelling and screaming, driving my Drop Bears crazy sooner or later.

They're called muzzles. Quite effective, really. I got Britney Spears around here somewheres chained up with a ball gag - that seems to work as well.
Oracle
*looks a bit irritated, then points a finger at his sig*

Proud <TOP SECRET> of the Drop Bear Thread

Brother. In my position I have to know. Trust me.
Grinder
Knowledge sometimes confuses even the righteous.
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)
They're called muzzles. Quite effective, really. I got Britney Spears around here somewheres chained up with a ball gag - that seems to work as well.

I'll try that with te next awful female singer my Drop Bear legions find.
Oracle
I guard myself with the mighty shield of absolute ignorance.
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)

Just because my inquisition squads have penchant for flamethrowers doesn't mean you should hate it.  Oh no, you should view as a culling of the weak, those who can't conform to Drop Bear standards.  We're making the troops stronger by culling the weak, especially the weak willed.  It is much more of a shame to the drop bears of those who physically meet the standards but give in to temptations of the weak...    wink.gif

When any of our number falls whether to our enemy or the flames of the inquisition I feel we have failed our legions in some way. Did they not get enough Drop training? Were the words of the Holy Drop texts not planted firmly enough into their souls? Did we not supply enough Drop Beer or eucalyptus candles?

It is for this reason I do not wish to see the flames of purification turned on our troops. However, culling of the weak must be a top priority. Our enemies are strong and numerous. Always searching for a weakness in our ranks to exploit. Finding poisonous thoughts that live in the minds of our troops, and never ceasing in their efforts to eradicate the Drop Bear. We must stand vigilant against these attacks and cull our numbers where necessary. The cleansing fires of your flamethrowers must burn as a bright example to those of our number who stray, even the tiniest amount, from the path of Drop Righteousness.

cool.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Well said Elder. Well said. Let the inquisition continue. For our hope. For our future. For our drop-ings. err...... carry on.
Toptomcat
Fifty pages. Is this a Dumpshock record?
fistandantilus4.0
Think of it more as an Epic
PlainWhiteSocks
It's not a record... yet.

Mortax
I don't know about a record for # of pages; but for absurdity and enjoyment, as well as making my head hurt from time to time this one rankes up there. smile.gif
brohopcp
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Well said Elder. Well said. Let the inquisition continue. For our hope. For our future. For our  drop-ings. err...... carry on.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but did we actually make it 50 pages before the first feces joke?
Grinder
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
It's not a record... yet.

It's a dedication. A faith. A holy mission.

But a record? Well, yes. But that's never been the primary goal. biggrin.gif
Oracle
It's only a record in the shadowrun and shadowrun 4 forums. Some IC threads have been longer.
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (brohopcp)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Well said Elder. Well said. Let the inquisition continue. For our hope. For our future. For our  drop-ings. err...... carry on.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but did we actually make it 50 pages before the first feces joke?

I think it was more of a feces pun. Not sure if that counts.
DocMortand
Yeah, we've discussed most everything else - I think the dikoted ally spirit has been used somewhere in here.

*straightens in pride and salutes*
Oracle
The what? I just realised that I am still new to this board.
PBTHHHHT
The dikoted ally spirits that some characters have contemplated having sex with. Didn't you get the memo?

well... neither did I and I'm thankful for that.
DocMortand
Yeah, it's one of the inevitable gags you see in pretty much every long thread (and some smaller ones).
tisoz
Brought to you by the Proud Keeper of the Numbers for the Drop Bear Thread because PiXeL01's sig was irritating me:

Member #, Member Name, Posts
1 Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate 34
2 Bigity 1
3 Jrayjoker 132
4 Nikoli 39
5 DocMortand 86
6 Grinder 193
7 Angelone 23
8 Ancient History 1
9 SpasticTeapot 5
10 Doctor Funkenstein 2
11 SkeevePlowse 1
12 Plan B 18
13 Enigma 1
14 Reaver 1
15 littlesean 2
16 Req 3
17 Krazy 3
18 Kiedo 1
19 fistandantilus 3.0 171
20 mmu1 2
21 Mortax 14
22 BookWyrm 10
23 Shrapnel 3
24 Eyeless Blond 1
25 Supercilious 1
26 Aku 9
27 nezumi 39
28 Kagetenshi 11
29 PBTHHHHT 53
30 Edward 1
31 Bastard 3
32 Foreigner 25
33 Birdy 2
34 Thomas 1
35 Trax 6
36 hyzmarca 62
37 Kremlin KOA 1
38 lorthazar 2
39 ShadowDragon8685 2
40 wagnern 1
41 Panzergeist 1
42 bclements 1
43 Canis 7
44 bit buckethead 1
45 Hoondatha 2
46 Da9iel 1
47 Club 1
48 Sabosect 1
49 Tal 2
50 Heimdall 1
51 TokenFemme 1
52 psykotisk overlegen 3
53 Toshiaki 4
54 Oracle 81
55 Sketchy 8
56 evil1i 2
57 Drop Bear Prime 3
58 TheMoto42 1
59 Apathy 2
60 Austere Emancipator 1
61 JongWK 1
62 Ryu 6
63 Shadow Prophet 2
64 PlainWhiteSocks 26
65 martingothard 1
66 toturi 1
67 Fortune 26
68 Ophis 24
69 brohopcp 12
70 blakkie 7
71 maneius 1
72 Herald of Verjigorm 2
73 Lindt 1
74 tisoz 5
75 Aardvark892 1
76 Valentinew 8
77 Sicarius 1
78 Siege 2
79 Eggs 4
80 Jaxz 1
81 PiXeL01 16
82 Miyu 1
83 stevebugge 1
84 Toptomcat 1

And alphabetically:

75 Aardvark892, 26 Aku, 8 Ancient History, 7 Angelone, 59 Apathy, 60 Austere Emancipator, 31 Bastard, 42 bclements, 2 Bigity, 33 Birdy, 44 bit buckethead, 70 blakkie, 22 BookWyrm, 69 brohopcp, 43 Canis, 47 Club, 46 Da9iel, 5 DocMortand, 10 Doctor Funkenstein, 57 Drop Bear Prime, 30 Edward, 79 Eggs, 13 Enigma, 56 evil1i, 24 Eyeless Blond, 19 fistandantilus 3.0, 32 Foreigner, 67 Fortune, 6 Grinder, 1 Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate, 50 Heimdall, 72 Herald of Verjigorm, 45 Hoondatha, 36 hyzmarca, 80 Jaxz, 61 JongWK, 3 Jrayjoker, 28 Kagetenshi, 18 Kiedo, 17 Krazy, 37 Kremlin KOA, 73 Lindt, 15 littlesean, 38 lorthazar, 71 maneius, 65 martingothard, 82 Miyu, 21 Mortax, 20 mmu1, 27 nezumi, 4 Nikoli, 68 Ophis, 54 Oracle, 41 Panzergeist, 29 PBTHHHHT, 81 PiXeL01, 64 PlainWhiteSocks, 12 Plan B, 52 psykotisk overlegen, 14 Reaver, 16 Req, 62 Ryu, 48 Sabosect, 39 ShadowDragon8685, 63 Shadow Prophet, 23 Shrapnel, 77 Sicarius, 78 Siege, 11 SkeevePlowse, 55 Sketchy, 9 SpasticTeapot, 83 stevebugge, 25 Supercilious, 49 Tal, 58 TheMoto42, 34 Thomas, 74 tisoz, 51 TokenFemme, 84 Toptomcat, 53 Toshiaki, 66 toturi, 35 Trax, 76 Valentinew, 40 wagnern
Grinder
QUOTE (tisoz)
because PiXeL01's sig was irritating me:

Yeah, who else? He's still under observation by the Drop Bear Inquisition Special Commando. They already dealt with the heretic Kagatenshi, so be warned.
PBTHHHHT
Oh? What's this, am I misinterpreting your statement Grinder, but it seems that you are usurping some of my inquisitorial powers. That is... troubling. You are now under observation too.
ElFenrir
famous finnish women...

luckily i'm only known by about 30% of the finnish metal scene as a dj. i don't count yet.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (ElFenrir)
famous finnish women...

luckily i'm only known by about 30% of the finnish metal scene as a dj. i don't count yet.

Famous if relative. Plus, you're a dj and for metal, all the better, we can have ye produce music for our Drop Bear troops to listen before an assault to get them in a frenzy.
ElFenrir
Do the Drop Bears like finnish heavy metal? We have a lot of it. Nightwish is a bit mellow for Drop Bear attacks but it could set the stage. Drop Bears might like causing havoc to some Ensiferum or Turmion Kätilöt however.
Aku
I, as member number 26, would like to make a motion to consolidate the top 25, 1 posters, aside from "special members" (like AH), to thin out the imposters.
Jaid
my brain hurts.

i think it just took me like 3 hours to read this thing.
Jrayjoker
Yay! Welcome acolyte Jaid!
Valentinew
The bleeding will stop soon.

cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012