Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)

um, anyone know exactly where they live?  Like, address?

Denmark, just send them to Denmark. It's no huge country. But tell your legions to avoid Copenhagen.

I'll send in my German Albino Ninja Drop Bears from the south, via Hamburg & Flensburg.

Death To False Drop Bear Masters!
DocMortand
Alright! Support!

I'll go from the north, you go from the south, we'll take that country by storm!
brohopcp
Where shall my orbital insertion be?

Don't worry, no parachute needed, my head's hard enough. indifferent.gif
Grinder
Take care of Copenhagen, the capital - and a likely source of distraction for Drop Bear Armies.
Ophis
I shall send the musical drop bear cadre to copenhagen. I'm after that mermaid statue...
PiXeL01
You have been tricked! The Danish Drunken Drop Bear Legions arent your real threat. We usually start our attacks by showering our targets in Danish Brewage such as Carlsberg or Tuborg to Throw them out of their loop, then come swarming in. That combination of upmost disciplin and intoxication from natural products other than the blessed trees makes the Danish squadrons stand out and preserverable. We deal mostly in early warnings and intelligence ... until a suitable target for our wrath can be fun. Germany has served as a scapegoat for years, but even WE have to move upwards and onwards
fistandantilus4.0
who is this guy?! He seems completely cracked! Poor kid.

Must've just read the thread all the way through for the first time. The first time is always painful, so they say...
Ophis
I say we continue to invade denmark any way.
I consider it revenge for the whole vikings thing.
Oracle
QUOTE (Grinder)
First you have to change the tilte in your sig; you're no longer an aspiring member - we granted you a title already.

Well, you actually didn't. grinbig.gif My nomination to whatever was still pending because of the lack of an appropriate title...

I sent my German Albino Advanced Forward Scout Commando Drop Bears to denmark. I disguised them with lederhosen as a group of bavarian tourists. I even trained them in Schuhplattling (a bavarian folk dance) for perfect deception. No one will see them coming. *g*
PiXeL01
Like all Germans who enter Our Realms they too will fall into the Tourist Trap on our west coast to the North Sea ...
Jrayjoker
Oh, we gave you a title. It was soooooo powerful that we had to keep it a secret and kill the guy who thought it up in the first place, just to make sure he couldn't think up an even stronger one.

Don't ask me what it is, I can't tell you. It is too powerful.

Powerful!
PBTHHHHT
'Powerful', is that what we call it now? I remember that it was decided upon after many a cases of drop beer and after we had all sobered up from the experience decided the title we gave him was too... uh, yeah, sure, let's just say it's too powerful... biggrin.gif
Grinder
Every visions received while under the influence of the Holy Drop Beer is a sign which should be followed. So granting Oracle the title of *secret* is fine.
Foreigner
Ophis:

I mean no disrespect (after all, I might be wrong), but weren't the Vikings--a/k/a "North men", a/k/a "Norsemen", a/k/a "Norse raiders", of Germanic ancestry rather than Danish?

History class was quite a while ago for me, but that's what I seem to remember.

P.S. : Everyone else--please excuse me for this brief off-topic excursion. frown.gif

--Foreigner
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Grinder)
Every visions received while under the influence of the Holy Drop Beer is a sign which should be followed. So granting Oracle the title of *secret* is fine.

Henceforth, Oracle shall be known as *secret* Oracle.
PiXeL01
QUOTE (Foreigner)
Ophis:

I mean no disrespect (after all, I might be wrong), but weren't the Vikings--a/k/a "North men", a/k/a "Norsemen", a/k/a "Norse raiders",  of Germanic ancestry rather than Danish?

History class was quite a while ago for me, but that's what I seem to remember.

P.S. : Everyone else--please excuse me for this brief off-topic excursion.  frown.gif

--Foreigner

The group of Germanic heritage includes the Danish, Norweigean and Swedish people as well, though the Viking were limitted to the these three. The Germans had the Gotes (i think), just as the Irish had the Celts.
Foreigner
Ophis:

I stand corrected. smile.gif

I'd forgotten the definition of the term "Germanic", at least as it applies to PEOPLE.

--Foreigner
DocMortand
Actually my northern invasion of Denmark is going well - my Legion has eaten several northern cities (It's a secret) and we are proceeding southward steadily.
Grinder
My forces had been attracted by the vast green plains of southern denmark. Actually it's more a huge soccer field than a real country. So my troops took some days off and mad their own soccer tournament. No danish people were harmed so far.
Jrayjoker
The upper midwest nordic immigrant drop bear lutefisk brigade is currently having a little difficulty with the visa documentation required for invading Denmark. Apparently there is some confusion about the Australia/Austria thing...Very sad.
Valentinew
QUOTE (Grinder)
Actually it's more a huge soccer field than a real country. So my troops took some days off and mad their own soccer tournament.

Imagine these are drop bears....

nezumi
Holy moley, I figured it out!! Why the Danes are the target of the anti-drop bear insurgency, I mean. Who else comes from Denmark? Vikings! And what do vikings wear on their heads? SPIKEY HELMETS!!!

Clearly they WANT us to invade and drop down! Call off the orbital bombardment! Delay the ambushes!! Beware the horned helmets and big beards, they're ready for us!
Jrayjoker
You are wise. We should send in the luggage for a horizontal bombardment.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
You are wise. We should send in the luggage for a horizontal bombardment.

Hmm...I agree. But where's Rincewind this time? He controls the luggage...and you REALLY don't want to get the luggage mad at you.
Ophis
Its okay, the whole spikey helmets thing is a myth, a great archeologist screw up. On woulds the Drop bears in proper 4:4 time.
nezumi
(Conspiratorial whisper) Notice how... 'eager' the newcomer Ophis seems to be. I believe he was also the one who suggested Denmark in the first place. How convenient now that he arrives we are dead set upon invading a land, a peninsula, few in trees, well set up for an ambush, too cold for eucalyptus, and full of people with pointy hats who spend too much time indoors. Might we have a traitor, dare I say, a Kage sympathizer in our midst? Trying to infiltrate our deepest sanctuaries and drive us against enemies he knows we should not fight? We should kill him in the night and rifle through his pockets for evidence.

(In a loud voice) Welcome, new person!! We love everyone! Here, have some cookies.
hyzmarca
If that is true then we have no choice. We must hold off our invastion of Denmark and instead take Vietnam. It has trees and it is hot.
Oracle
*shivers* Do you remember what happened last time when we tried that... frown.gif
DocMortand
Hmm....Since I'm already in Denmark it's a little hard to stop now. Besides we found a eucalyptus store up here.

...hmmmmm maybe it IS a trap.

*shrug* Well, we shall see. If bad things happen on my march south I shall be sure to report.
Grinder
My platoons are havong so much fun playing soccer at a vast soccer field it will be difficult to convince them to invade Vietnam.
Grinder
<conspiracy whisper> We should send Brother Oracle to investigate the background and motivations of Ophis. He did a really good job with the Zoo-case. </conspiracy whisper>

Everything's fine! Drop Beer for all!
brohopcp
I'm not to sure where the target is now, but that's ok. My orbital insertion just target's Europe, and I hope I hit the enemy.

[conspirital whisper that's actually loud cause I suck at whispering] Everyone is the enemy, so I can't miss. [/conspirital whisper that's actually loud cause I suck at whispering]
Ophis
Looks around suspiciously.

Wonders why he is new despite being member #68.

[conspirtorial whisper] Nezumi is trying to undermine our efforts in Denmark. He has been co opted by our enemies. We should take him in for deprogramming [/conspiritorial whisper]

hey that sooo needs to be a proper command with its own font or something.
hyzmarca
I still say we should attack Vietnam just so we can call the enemy "Charlie." What silly name can you give to Danish soldiers. Certainly not something as brilliant as Charlie.
Jrayjoker
Jorgen?
PiXeL01
Niels or Gert would be a good one, Jûrgen is more like german than danish actually
Ophis
Lars?
PiXeL01
Svend too ... Helge also. Kinda moving into the Nordic name alley here
hyzmarca
QUOTE (PiXeL01)
Svend too ... Helge also. Kinda moving into the Nordic name alley here

It has to end with an E sound. Like Charlie for the North Veitnamese and Jerry for the Germans.
Grinder
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
What silly name can you give to Danish soldiers. Certainly not something as brilliant as Charlie.

Leif
Erik
Björn biggrin.gif
Pölser (like the awful red sausage they're calling eatable)
Apathy
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Nov 30 2005, 11:49 AM)
What silly name can you give to Danish soldiers. Certainly not something as brilliant as Charlie.

Leif
Erik
Björn biggrin.gif
Pölser (like the awful red sausage they're calling eatable)

Not that it's at all relevant, but there was a stupid kind of logic to how the Americans ended up calling them 'Charlie'.

They were fighting the Viet Cong...which got abbreviated to 'V.C.' ...which in the military alphabet is 'Victor-Charlie' ...which then got shortened to just 'Charlie'.
Grinder
Obviously i don't have much military knowledge wink.gif
DocMortand
So, if we apply the Victor-Charlie thing to Denmark Traitors, or D.T....what's T in the military jargon?
stevebugge
Delta Tango.

On a very random side note we used to have a guy who went by DT in our basketball league, he was a grade a goofball.
brohopcp
Let's Kill us some TANG then!!!!
fistandantilus4.0
you can't kill TANG FOOL! TANG IS THE IMMORTAL ORANGE POWDER! nOT EVEN FRAGGLE OOMPA-LOOMPAS WOULD DARE TO ATTACK TANG! yOU LEAD US TO OUR DOOM! YOU ARE A PART OF THE KAGE-SPIRACY!

LET THE INQUISITION BEGIN!!!!
PiXeL01
Actually the danes themselves call their Soldiers "Jens" and "Jenser" for phural.

Tang? Sounds like puntang to me tbh
fistandantilus4.0
NO! TANG is this orange powder that was big in the eraly 90's that was mixed wit hwater to make a TANGY orange drink! (and tang sundwiches if you watched Married with Children. What you're thinking of is a good thing. TANG is the ultimate evil, distilled from the essence of evil it's self into a powdery drink-mix form. It's the explanation behind all things evil from the 90's, like parachute pants, and I believe directly responsible for the last episode of Sienfeld. Tang is a level of evil you just can't understand until you've tried it. You just wouldn't understand. twirl.gif
DocMortand
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
you can't kill TANG FOOL! TANG IS THE IMMORTAL ORANGE POWDER! nOT EVEN FRAGGLE OOMPA-LOOMPAS WOULD DARE TO ATTACK TANG! yOU LEAD US TO OUR DOOM! YOU ARE A PART OF THE KAGE-SPIRACY!

LET THE INQUISITION BEGIN!!!!

*pats fist on the head a few times*

There, there. It's okay...just read the thread through again and your pain will just....slip away...
DocMortand
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
NO! TANG is this orange powder that was big in the eraly 90's that was mixed wit hwater to make a TANGY orange drink! (and tang sundwiches if you watched Married with Children. What you're thinking of is a good thing. TANG is the ultimate evil, distilled from the essence of evil it's self into a powdery drink-mix form. It's the explanation behind all things evil from the 90's, like parachute pants, and I believe directly responsible for the last episode of Sienfeld. Tang is a level of evil you just can't understand until you've tried it. You just wouldn't understand. twirl.gif

eh, it was okay...since I always loved everything orange when I was a kid I tried it and it didn't appeal. *shrug* Wasn't bad, but wasn't great. Orange Crush, in glass bottles, on the other hand...

I wonder if there is a Kool-Aid Drop Beer version?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012