Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
fistandantilus4.0
mmm.....oorrraaanggeee cruuuushhh.. "has 'ta be, has 'ta be!" Shasta Cola! wink.gif
Jrayjoker
Mmmmmmm, Orange Crush in a bottle, yum. The grape version was just too cloying.

Tang was originally invented for use on space flights. Look it up, I dare you.

We need to start maketing a line of plush toys, fruit snacks, and kids beverages to convert them while they are young.

Fram, Fram, Drop Bear Conspiracy!

Foreigner
DocMortand:

No offense meant, but TANG was developed in the late 1960s or early 1970s as a byproduct of the U.S. space program.

NASA was looking for a means of making sure that their astronauts didn't develop scurvy while on missions--in other words, trying to develop a space-efficient (no pun intended) way of getting each crewmember a full day's supply of Vitamin C--and whoever developed TANG won the contract.

Somebody evidently decided that there was a civilian market for the stuff as well, because it was on store shelves before the APOLLO program ended.

EDIT: Sorry, Jrayjoker.

I didn't see your post. My bad. frown.gif

--Foreigner
Jrayjoker
The big local soda/pop when I was growing up was called Towne Clubb. It had such spectacular flavors as "highlighter" lime, and "Oh-my-God-it-is-so-sweet-I-can't-feel-my-face" root beer.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Foreigner)
DocMortand:

No offense meant, but TANG was developed in the late 1960s or early 1970s as a byproduct of the U.S. space program.

NASA was looking for a means of making sure that their astronauts didn't develop scurvy while on missions--in other words, trying to develop a space-efficient (no pun intended) way of getting each crewmember a full day's supply of Vitamin C--and whoever developed TANG won the contract.

Somebody evidently decided that there was a civilian market for the stuff as well, because it was on store shelves before the APOLLO program ended.

--Foreigner

See, what did I tell you. And if my message hadn't been shorter, his would have been up there first!
PiXeL01
Now that the invasion of my nation has been called off, I can make my legions stand down and come with suggestion on how to subjugate the rest of the world.

Cartoons and action figures are also a good idea. just look at what Turtles and Transformers did back in the days. Just make sure it is anime-like and the world will tumble! Release a half decent manga and Japan is ours right there!
Ophis
I will have a picture of a stuffed drop bear up with in moments, as soon as I have worked out how to do links and signed up to photo bucket...

Been meaning to do this for week, but training drop bears to sing harmonies is harder than it looks.
Ophis
Well here it is...

I hope...

PLushie Drop Bear

We've had them over here for ages...

It worked HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! First time HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
*Ophis plunges into hysteria*
nezumi
Is the bear weighted with velcro hands and feet so you can stick it to things until the velcro gives out and it falls?
Ophis
Sadly not, but when version two comes around (next time I visit the craftshop with money) I'll take it into account. maybe suckers. Of course version two will require me learning to sew or convinsing my gf to sew it for me...

not sure which will take longer.
PBTHHHHT
Or if you want a really quick and fast way, use superglue or duct tape.
nezumi
I think it'd be best if it were reusable, however. Velcro has the disadvantage of only working on some materials. What about standard nails? You could push them through softer materials pretty easily, and if they're small enough tacks, they shouldn't hold forever.
PBTHHHHT
Egads, first drop bears... but now squirrels?
Grinder
QUOTE (PiXeL01)
Now that the invasion of my nation has been called off

Yeah, continue thinking that, young fool. biggrin.gif

My plattons recently won their soccer match against Arhus (by dropping of the goal onto the other players) and conquered the city afterwards with no casualties. Currently we're converting the young'n'sexy danish women.

This make some time, but after it's finished our crusade will continue - and we will get you!
Grinder
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Egads, first drop bears... but now squirrels?

Pah, a bad attempt to confuse the loyal Drop Bear followers. No pack of squirrels can stand against a platoon of Drop Bears.
PBTHHHHT
next thing you know, we'll have rabbits trying to copy our holy drop bears in the path of blood and gore... Oh wait, they've already done that in Holy Grail. ah well, they're still nothing compared to our holy drop bears.
DocMortand
Bah, all I gotta say in the drop bear vs. pack of squirrels debate is this:

*SQUISH*

My danish advance has stalled around Viborg, but everything north of that is now part of the Great Drop Bear Nation. (I believe it was called Thump? Gah, I need to read through the thread again)
tisoz
QUOTE (Foreigner @ Dec 1 2005, 07:59 AM)
space-efficient (no pun intended)

But that is about the best pun I ever read. Please, tell me you really intended it and just did not want to get heckled.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Foreigner)
DocMortand:

EDIT: Sorry, Jrayjoker.

I didn't see your post. My bad. frown.gif

--Foreigner

Don't quite get why you think that I was saying it was invented when I was a kid.

Or why I would be offended.

I tried it in the 80s, guys...the public version. *shakes head*
Jrayjoker
So you aren't an astronaut? How disappointing. frown.gif
Foreigner
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Dec 1 2005, 05:42 PM)
Don't quite get why you think that I was saying it was invented when I was a kid.

Or why I would be offended.

I tried it in the 80s, guys...the public version. *shakes head*

DocMortand:

I had *your* post confused with fistandantilus3.0's post on the previous page (46).

(fistandantilus3.0)
NO! TANG is this orange powder that was big in the early (correction mine) 90s that was mixed with water to make a TANGY orange drink.

fistandantilus3.0: If you read this, no offense intended. I was explaining to DocMortand that I'd misremembered something.

As I've said, my memory is not very good.

Sorry for the Italics, folks. The browser doesn't seem to want me to place TWO quoted pieces in the same post.

--Foreigner
Aku
Tang is wretched stuff. i've always preferred Kool-Aid, i think the advantage of Tang however, is that it's a no sugar added version, so that there only had to bone large canister of stuff and not 1 canister and lots and lots of packets.
PiXeL01
Actually I have no idea why anyone would invade Denmark. Ok 'cept maybe Russia who wanted to dig it all away to make it easier for their Atlantic Fleet to get into the North Sea.
Denmark is already under the Banner of the Drop Bear, but you are welcome to use it as a training ground. Just pay the usual compensation for the people you kill.

Jrayjoker
Compensation? They should be honored to lend their lives to the Drop Bear Conspiracy!
Grinder
I'm proud to announce that my German Albino Ninja Drop Bears conquered the hightest danish mountain! After a bloody siege they had been able to deliver the final strike via Drop Launchers - and now we own the Mollehoj with his impressing height of 170,86 meters!

cool.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
Confused again.

Do I send the Holy Wrath of the Drop Bear Clerics against this Danish threat, or send them for there for soccer training?

The Holy Drop Bear Temple of Orktown awaits orders from Jray…
Grinder
Against the Danish Heretic Legions!

If our Drop Bear Clerics are getting any soccer training also, it'll be fine.
PiXeL01
The Legions of Kage got you all confused! There are no Heretics to the Course in Denmark .. well there is, but they are all used for Drop Practise. Turn your Wrath on the Nederlands or even France! Where do you think the Danish Legions get their training?
PBTHHHHT
Brethren! I shall have to inform everyone that at Yankee candle co. (likely there's one at a local mall for y'all), they sell Eucalyptus scented candles. I kid you not. I was at the mall today for some christmas shopping. when I saw that, I was inspired and almost bursted out laughing in hideous maniacal laughter. That is the public service announcement of the evening. Thank you.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Foreigner)

I had *your* post confused with fistandantilus3.0's post on the previous page (46).

(fistandantilus3.0)
NO! TANG is this orange powder that was big in the early (correction mine) 90s that was mixed with water to make a TANGY orange drink.

fistandantilus3.0: If you read this, no offense intended. I was explaining to DocMortand that I'd misremembered something.

sorry, it's all a blur from before the three year drinking binge of 18-21. Anything before that is just guess work. THank God I got married, otherwise who knows what I'd remember (or not... remember that is.... what was I talking about?!)
Grinder
QUOTE (PiXeL01)
The Legions of Kage got you all confused! There are no Heretics to the Course in Denmark .. well there is, but they are all used for Drop Practise. Turn your Wrath on the Nederlands or even France! Where do you think the Danish Legions get their training?

Proof your loyality and dedication, Brother PiXeL01!
We, the Elders, are never confused - everything we'r doing follows a bigger scheme. Or at least the visions we receive with the help of the Holy Drop Beer.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
Confused again.

Do I send the Holy Wrath of the Drop Bear Clerics against this Danish threat, or send them for there for soccer training?

The Holy Drop Bear Temple of Orktown awaits orders from Jray…

Elder PWS, Have a danish, then play soccer. It'll confuse them.

That is all.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Elder PWS, Have a danish, then play soccer. It'll confuse them.

That is all.

Done and Done. Any further orders?
Jrayjoker
Drink Drop Beer. Have fun.
fistandantilus4.0
oppose Tang. On Principal. Go watch Boondock Saints. That is an order, not a suggestion. Pretty much for anyone really. If you've never seen it... go see it. If you have ... see it again. And follow the rule of thumb. biggrin.gif
PiXeL01
Always bring rope?
fistandantilus4.0
You got it
DocMortand
Well I have finished infiltrating Denmark and conquering where it suits me.

Impressions:
If there is a traitor here, then they're deep in a bolthole somewhere.
Danish women are niiiice.
For some reason, my Drop Bear Legions like to eat soccer balls. So soccer was not a successful venture.
Danishes are also niiiiice.
Drop Beer is universal.

*shrug*

On to Sweden!
Grinder
Let's head over to Finnland first - their language is much more fun smile.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
The danishes are tasty and the his Holiness the Drop Bear Bishop is a big fan of soccer now. He’s implemented a policy where the winning team gets to eat the ball. Fabulous times in Denmark.

The Yankee Candle Co. is an evil scourge. They tempt with eucalyptus then sell pine, maple, and even the dreaded vanilla. For this reason I have decided to split my forces in half. Company #1 will drop on Finland to secure the sacred Sako factories. Company #2 will slaughter everyone at the Yankee Candle Co. and steal their precious eucalyptus candle recipes. No more vanilla shall come from the vile waxworks known as the Yankee Candle Co.
PBTHHHHT
But keep the Eucalyptus scented candle recipes in full production!
DocMortand
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
But keep the Eucalyptus scented candle recipes in full production!

I second that. The eucalyptus candles are burning 24/7 over here - keeps the troops happy while waiting for assignments.

And actually I think my Drop Bear Legions will next assimilate Iceland. The hot springs over there are supposed to be famous or something.
DocMortand
*chuckle* Evil thought - one of my players has a farmhouse/compound in the middle of a forested region. I wonder if I could infest it with drop bears without her noticing...
Foreigner
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks @ Dec 6 2005, 11:09 AM)
Company #1 will drop on Finland to secure the sacred Sako factories.

PlainWhiteSocks:

Did you know that SAKO is the only armaments manufacturer in the world (at least, as far as I know) that is owned by The International Red Cross?

Near the close of World War II, when the U.S.S.R. was gobbling up so much territory in Eastern Europe, SAKO's owners persuaded the Finnish IRC to purchase a controlling interest in their company.

The theory was that the IRC's neutrality would prevent the Soviet Union from taking the company.

--Foreigner
Oracle
So what? We are not the Soviet Union. *giggle*
Grinder
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
Company #1 will drop on Finland to secure the sacred Sako factories.

My German Soccer Drop Bears will stay in Denmark to make sure that the word of the Drop Bear Faith continues to be spread among the danish people. And as a safety force for his Drop Bear Bishop.

But that's only a small amount of my force. The rest will head over to Finnland, via the Ostsee. Aquatic German Albino Ninja Drop Bears! cool.gif
PiXeL01
Denmark was the nation who produced the most land-mines in the world until the mid-90s. Do tell me if your soccer crazed Drop Bears find any on the soccer field. (I have no idea who placed them there)
Ophis
My drop bear swing combo will stay in Denmark as dragging mermaid statues is slowing them down.

As I get payed this week drop bear plushie phase two shall be enacted soon...

I vote we go for which ever part of scandanavia Ikea is from, I won't lots of cheap good quality easy to put together furniture with odd names.
PiXeL01
That would be Sweden ...

ANyone know who if any bought up Ikea in 2050+?
PiXeL01
I think someone is tried to do the same thing with chickens as we have been doing with Drop Bears

Evidence #1 - http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=52
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012