Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (nezumi @ Oct 18 2005, 10:31 AM)
We didn't complain much when the damn next door neighbors disappeared or my wife's cat, but when it ate Pebbles...

"Honey, have you seen the dog? .... Honey?!..."

How 'bout the Might Mighty Drop Bears

or Bare Naked Drop Bears

BTW, just how much does a sewer hunt run pay? These must be bottom of the barrel shadowrunners. I think that's one run I'd turn down for sure.
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
Fortune mentioned the idea of Full-Body Camouflag Condoms....

I never said anything about full body! nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
that's really safe sex. Even safer because you can't even find.... ermmm.... your.. partner
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Oct 20 2005, 07:44 AM)
Fortune mentioned the idea of Full-Body Camouflag Condoms....

I never said anything about full body! nyahnyah.gif

I eolved your original idea, ok. smile.gif
Fortune
Well leave it the hell alone! It was fine just the way it was, before you went and perverted it. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
I wonder if drop bears would use Full-Body Camouflag Condoms. Maybe on Mars or something.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm sorry to say this, but I think the Drop Bear thread may have just jumped the shark. frown.gif
Grinder
What?
fistandantilus4.0
really.... camoflouge body condoms.. that's gotta be a line of somethin'

BTW, for your interest, in no particular order ('cept Gyro #1, mmu1 #20) first 20 posters on the Drop Bear thread-
krazy
gyro
jray
spastic
angelone
grinder
kiedo
docmortand
reg
littlesean
reaver
enigma
planB
skeeve
doc funk
AH
bigity
nikoli
mmu1
and me

good job kids
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
What?

QUOTE (Grinder)
I eolved your original idea, ok. 

what's 'eolving' anyways? Sounds like some kind feminie hygene thing
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
BTW, for your interest, in no particular order ('cept Gyro #1, mmu1 #20) first 20 posters on the Drop Bear thread-
krazy
gyro
jray
spastic
angelone
grinder
kiedo
docmortand
reg
littlesean
reaver
enigma
planB
skeeve
doc funk
AH
bigity
nikoli
mmu1
and me

good job kids

See my first signature ever. biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Grinder)
I eolved your original idea, ok. 

what's 'eolving' anyways? Sounds like some kind feminie hygene thing

I meant "evolved" - hope that makes more sense?

fistandantilus4.0
I know, but it was more fun to bug you. biggrin.gif
Grinder
I would have done the same biggrin.gif
DocMortand
Yay! \o/

By the way, my drop bear platoon has turned into a legion because of the stockpile of eucalyptus I have over here. Soon we shall conquer Mexico and RETAKE AUSTIN FOR TEXAS!

*cough*

btw, I read the entire thread again. I think that's six times now....

Surely seeing dancing black spots is natural, right?
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Surely seeing dancing black spots is natural, right?

It all depends on the dance. Waltzes are very natural.
Ophis
its them doing the cha cha you have to look out for.

I was teaching the musical drop bear unit to tango...

The eucaluyptus brach cleched in the fangs was a mistake...
Jrayjoker
Teaching a drop bear to dance only has two outcomes, it annoys the drop bear and you die. Never a plus. frown.gif
Ophis
The problem was both of them going for the eucalyptus.

I train them in pairs. In reinforced cells. With me outside.
Jrayjoker
Good Call.
Ophis
yep after the first cyberlimb I realised the mistake.
Lady Door
WOOHOO! I'm proud member # 13.... However, I do feel there is something slightly ominous about this. Maybe I'm just paranoid?
Foreigner
Plan B:

You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you, you know....

If anyone ever finds out who "they" are, please let me know.

I'm really tired of looking over my shoulder so much of the time....

nyahnyah.gif

P.S. :

Oracle: Perhaps I was thinking of the phrase that was making the rounds after Saddam Insane kicked out the weapons inspectors in 1998.

Mister Hussein: You know, you're NOT paranoid--the rest of the world really IS out to get you.

Besides, even paranoiacs have real enemies.... wink.gif

--Foreigner
Oracle
Being paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!!

The people working in the Australian area at the zoo in Hannover will be slightly surprised this morning. *gigglingmad*
Jrayjoker
OK, now I am intrigued. Was there a prank played in real life at the koala exhibit?
Oracle
Close. Really close. And it nearly got me killed. ^^ One of my friends works in the zoo as a...what is the name of someone who cares for animals in zoos???...me and some colleagues of her played her some trick involving fake blood and a fake ripped of hand. We convinced her. At least for a few seconds.
Jrayjoker
Very good. But very mean. I approve.

Next time, just change the koala sign to drop bear. biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Oracle)
what is the name of someone who cares for animals in zoos???

Zookeeper?
Oracle
Right! Thank you!

Changing the Koala sign is the next nefarious plan. But we will also change the explanatory text. smile.gif
Jrayjoker
Viva la resistance!
Grinder
QUOTE (Oracle)
Right! Thank you!

Changing the Koala sign is the next nefarious plan. But we will also change the explanatory text. smile.gif

That's real dedication to our cause, Brother Oracle.

rotfl.gif
Jrayjoker
I think he just made it to Elder. Who is with me?
Grinder
We should promote him to Elder after he fullfilled his promised coup and changed the sign in the zoo.
Jrayjoker
OK, probationary Elder, waiting for pictures.
Oracle
OK, think I'll do it this sunday.^^
Grinder
Don't forget the evidence (=pics).
Jrayjoker
And, if you would be so kind, a translation for the non-german speakers.
Lady Door
You guys aren't thinking big enough.. what if we ALL changed our zoo signs? oooh.. or better yet, convince some poor zoo worker to put those wax vampire teeth on the koala's!! .. then we could change all the deer crossing signs to Drop Bear crossing..err.. dropping signs... DROP BEAR-TOPIA!!

*re-reads*

I worry about me sometimes... I really do.
PlainWhiteSocks
Anyone who changes Koala's into Drop Bears at a zoo deserves the title Elder.
upsidedown.gif
Jrayjoker
Hmmm, I think we need to ensure that vandalism doesn't occur, just harmless fun.
nezumi
Maybe I'll swing by the National Zoo this weekend (weather permitting) and take a look at what the signs look like. Take a few pictures, then format something on a piece of paper with double sided sticky tape. What other methods are people considering?
Grinder
Illusion magic!

Oracle
I'm using simple double sided tape. The signs are made of steel, so no harm done.
PlainWhiteSocks
Drop Bear Relaxing

cool.gif
Fortune
No self respecting Drop Bear would drink Heineken. nyahnyah.gif
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Oracle)
I'm using simple double sided tape. The signs are made of steel, so no harm done.

Good call. Now photographs, then Elder!
nezumi
I'll see if I can talk my wife into it this weekend or next. She's not a believer. I've been trying to convert her for years now; I've shown her all the pamphlets, brought her to our Drop Bear Prayer Group (Oh God, please don't let a drop bear eat me), I've glued stuffed koalas to the cieling... Nothing seems to be working.

Hey, if there's anyone else in the DC area, I"m considering prosthelyzying. I'll hang on the eves of the house, knock on the door, and drop pamphlets on them when they come out. Anyone wanna tag along?
Jrayjoker
Now that is what I'm talkin' about!

Go Brother N! Go!
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (nezumi @ Oct 26 2005, 09:12 AM)
Hey, if there's anyone else in the DC area, I"m considering prosthelyzying.  I'll hang on the eves of the house, knock on the door, and drop pamphlets on them when they come out.  Anyone wanna tag along?

Hail Brother Nezumi for your devotion to the cause in the DC area!
I will aid you with a bake sale, drop bear shaped cookies with strawberry sauce to represent the blood of their fallen foes.

edit: and if we meet any latter day saints missionaries along our route, we can try and convert them too... or feed them to the drop bears. Either way, it's a win-win situation. biggrin.gif
DocMortand
QUOTE (nezumi)
Hey, if there's anyone else in the DC area, I"m considering prosthelyzying. I'll hang on the eves of the house, knock on the door, and drop pamphlets on them when they come out. Anyone wanna tag along?

I tried that - trouble is, the pamphlets didn't weigh enough, so they floated down. I recommend tying them to 5-pound weights to simulate a drop bear attack, then running away really fast before they see you. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012