Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Nov 3 2005, 09:47 PM)
I applaud Oracle on his report, and second the Wild Drop Bear Colony Special Investigator recommendation.

So everyone else is willing to grant Oracle the special title?

Yes, but it is more than just a title. It is a position of responsobility and it is one that probably has a high mortality rate.
Grinder
Shhhh... don't scare him!
fistandantilus4.0
only if we can come up with some kind of witty acronym that's easy to remember. Lost control of one of my Drop-ninjas on my last run and took a couple blows to the head, so my memory isn't to keen until I get those mneumonic enhancers replaced. Something easy like Dropbear Investigative Personage, or DIP. Go good with the DIEFOCers.

Just a thought
Oracle
Mortality rate? Pah! There are three reasons why I am not scared at all:

1st: I am wearing a helmet. All the time.
2nd: I always have some eukalyptus-drops with me.
3rd: There are things that even a drop bear would not eat. ^^

fistandantilus4.0
like hotdogs?
Oracle
No. Like ME.^^
fistandantilus4.0
so what're you made of then?! 'cause hotdogs... yikes!
Oracle
Well, I got an official document of the German government stating that I am actually human. Most people do believe that after reading it twice or thrice. But I am pretty sure that Drop Bears can't read. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
a little concerned that you had to go and have papers drawn up to cover your self there bud. But I guess it's better than having to get rabies shots and neutered! eek.gif
Oracle
It's a family problem, you know? For example my uncle, Nobby, he is working for the watch in the large stinking city....
DocMortand
The problem is, if drop bears can't read, then they don't know you're not edible...

and you leave the Lord of Ankh out of this!
Jrayjoker
The Bunny

The word is getting out there my friends!
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Everyone should take a look at Wikipedia's front page for today.
Lower right corner.
They're coming...
Grinder
We're unstoppable! cool.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I did... and all I saw was a rather dashing picture of Witold Lutosławski. Did I miss something?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I did... and all I saw was a rather dashing picture of Witold Lutosławski. Did I miss something?

Witold Lutosławski is a Drop Bear with a physical mask spell.

I thought everyone knew that.
fistandantilus4.0
well.... I feel sheepish. And so vulnerable! Now I wonder how many other well known people such as Witold Lutosławski are actually ninja albino drop bear DIEFOCers. indifferent.gif
Grinder
I can assure you, that only the best'n'smartest humans are disguised Ninja Albino Drop Bears. Like Adam West.
fistandantilus4.0
and Kramer
Oracle
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
and Kramer

Who the frag...
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Oracle)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 6 2005, 02:04 PM)
and Kramer

Who the frag...

Seinfeld character.
Valentinew
*groan* ...must...run...away....

<sound of husband asking "Are you still reading that same thread?!?">

Visions of battalions of Drunken Ninja Drop Bear Space Marine Thor Shots riding Blood Kites over the upper midwest nordic immigrant drop bear lutefisk brigade led by Witold Lutosławski attacking deadly samurai kangaroos over a warehouse full of Drop Beer while playing TMBDB on loudspeakers......

I'll be back once my eyes stop bleeding....
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Valentinew)
*groan* ...must...run...away....

<sound of husband asking "Are you still reading that same thread?!?">

Visions of battalions of Drunken Ninja Drop Bear Space Marine Thor Shots riding Blood Kites over the upper midwest nordic immigrant drop bear lutefisk brigade led by Witold Lutosławski attacking deadly samurai kangaroos over a warehouse full of Drop Beer while playing TMBDB on loudspeakers......

I'll be back once my eyes stop bleeding....

Tsk, one must strengthen their resolution to Drop Bear Righteousness. The only way to perservere through these trying times is to order your case of Drop Beer*, re-read this thread 10 more times, and to convert your husband to the Drop Bear cause (Failing that, arrange an accident via death by drop bear, for those that do not join the cause must suffer death by drop bear)...

*Drop Beer is a registered trademark of the Drop Bear Brewing Company. Please drink responsibly as a Drop Bear would. The Drop Bear Brewing Company, it's parent organization, and any associated organizations are not responsible for any injuries caused while under the influence of Drop Beer, though we will support in spirit anything that further the Drop Bear Cause. Drop Beer has been known to cause drinkers to climb tall structures and drop down upon unsuspecting victims. Please see your Drop Bear medical advisor if you do not experience these results. Again, this is just a useless Drop Beer disclaimer, enjoy your Drop Beer. You should be drinking your Drop Beer else be branded a heretic and punished. This is your final warning. Be sure to buy other Drop Bear products through our distributors, please contact your local Drop Bear representative. Thank you for supporting Drop Beer.

Valentinew
Yes, sir!

Thank you, sir!

Getting on that right now, sir! Weakness will never happen again, sir!

wobble.gif
PBTHHHHT
You're welcome. Always happy to help an initiate reaffirm their faith in the cause. Please be sure to pick up some of our Drop Bear Reaffirmation brochures on your way out. And don't forget our new Drop Bear Faith Sim chips now available in the downstairs store, they'll help you through any difficult times. biggrin.gif
DocMortand
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Tsk, one must strengthen their resolution to Drop Bear Righteousness. The only way to perservere through these trying times is to order your case of Drop Beer*, re-read this thread 10 more times, and to convert your husband to the Drop Bear cause (Failing that, arrange an accident via death by drop bear, for those that do not join the cause must suffer death by drop bear)...

Tsk - try reading through the entire thread 12 times while sober.

*ow my head*

KHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Valentinew
He's dead, Jim. dead.gif
DocMortand
Lies! He is still lurking, he's just been transmogrified into a Drop Bear Shedim.
Jrayjoker
Your dedication is noted. After the revolution you will be honored. As will PBTHHHHT.
Oracle
Brethren, there is still the decision what my new title shall be... wink.gif
Grinder
Patience, young member, patience. Patience is the way to true dedication. Be patient like a Drop Bear waiting for prey to show up under his tree.
brohopcp
I've been waiting for two weeks in my tree, I think I need help. Perhaps I should use camo? Maybe pick a tree with leaves?

Please Advise, my hunger grows.
Oracle
You are not a Drop Bear brother. But great show of dedication anyway.
Grinder
Dedication.... yeah. Wasn't the first word that sprung into my mind after reading the posting, but anyway.
Sicarius
Has anyone seen this link yet?

http://www.indietits.com/archive/2005_11_0...01_archive.html
DocMortand
*Ow...my brain hurts*

Okay peeps! I just finished compiling up to this post's stats on who came in where and how many posts they have done in this thread so far.

By hand. *shakes hand out*

1 Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate, 34
2 Bigity, 1
3 Jrayjoker, 108
4 Nikoli, 40
5 DocMortand, 45
6 Grinder, 155
7 Angelone, 21
8 Ancient History, 1
9 SpasticTeapot, 5
10 Doctor Funkenstein, 2
11 SkeevePlowse, 1
12 Plan B, 17
13 Enigma, 1
14 Reaver, 1
15 littlesean, 2
16 Req, 3
17 Krazy, 3
18 Kiedo, 1
19 fistandantilus 3.0, 147
20 mmu1, 2
21 Mortax, 11
22 BookWyrm, 10
23 Shrapnel, 3
24 Eyeless Blond, 1
25 Supercilious, 1
26 Aku, 8
27 nezumi, 35
28 Kagetenshi, 11
29 PBTHHHHT, 38
30 Edward, 1
31 Bastard, 3
32 Foreigner, 20
33 Birdy, 2
34 Thomas, 1
35 Trax, 6
36 hyzmarca, 57
37 Kremlin KOA, 1
38 lorthazar, 2
39 ShadowDragon8685, 2
40 wagnern, 1
41 Panzergeist, 1
42 bclements, 1
43 Canis, 7
44 bit buckethead, 1
45 Hoondatha, 2
46 Da9iel, 1
47 Club, 1
48 Sabosect, 1
49 Tal, 2
50 Heimdall, 1
51 TokenFemme, 1
52 psykotisk overlegen, 3
53 Toshiaki, 4
54 Oracle, 66
55 Sketchy, 8
56 evil1i, 2
57 Drop Bear Prime, 3
58 TheMoto42, 1
59 Apathy, 1
60 Austere Emancipator, 1
61 JongWK, 1
62 Ryu, 6
63 Shadow Prophet, 2
64 PlainWhiteSocks, 19
65 martingothard, 1
66 toturi, 1
67 Fortune, 16
68 Ophis, 10
69 brohopcp, 4
70 blakkie, 6
71 maneius, 1
72 Herald of Verjigorm, 1
73 Lindt, 1
74 tisoz,1
75 Aardvark892, 1
76 Valentinew, 3
77 Sicarius, 1

Enjoy! This is as accurate as I could get it.

[edit] By the way, I got the order from tisoz, and found out there was a small error in placement - Ryu should be between Oracle and Sketchy...but I didn't want to renumber everything. bleth.

[edit #2] Congrats to Grinder and fistandantilus 3.0 for having the most posts!
PBTHHHHT
Brother DocMortand... I see I am still listed as only 29 of first posting... Have you not received the missive in regards to the demands? I fear that your pet, Fluffy, must bear the brunt of your mistake. As we speak, my drop bear commandos are already launching the strike.

Next, pay attention to the Internal Security Bureau's memos, at your own peril.

PS - Be sure to check our latest sim chip production, 'Thump - The Adventures of Dennis the Drop Bear in London'.
DocMortand
Hey, not my fault you jumped on the bandwagon late. smile.gif
PBTHHHHT
Well, at least you're keeping my Drop Bear Commandos well fed. Fluffy was just an appetizer to them. We'll work on your family and friends next.
Fortune
I still think I should have waited for two more people to post before making my entrance.
Siege
I still claim bragging rights to the Kamikaze-drugged, parachuting Devil Rats. grinbig.gif

-Siege
brohopcp
QUOTE (Fortune)
I still think I should have waited for two more people to post before making my entrance.

YOU MAY NEVER HAVE MY OFFICIAL DROPBEAR #69 POSITION!!!!
Fortune
We don't really need to hear about you private fetishes. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
DocMortand
*grumbles about no gratitude*

At least my Drop Bear Commandos appreciate me for my eucalyptus supply. nyahnyah.gif
hyzmarca
QUOTE (DocMortand)
*grumbles about no gratitude*

At least my Drop Bear Commandos appreciate me for my eucalyptus supply. nyahnyah.gif

The fact that you actually counted the posts frightens me.
Grinder
QUOTE (brohopcp)
QUOTE (Fortune)

YOU MAY NEVER HAVE MY OFFICIAL DROPBEAR #69 POSITION!!!!

So why don't have you a proper signature by now, hm?
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Congrats to Grinder and fistandantilus 3.0 for having the most posts!

Thanks, beautfiul people of the Drop Bear Conspiracy. It was a lot of hard work, headaches and true dedication to achieve this - but we are far from being finished with our work. We need more followers who spread the word! Convert! Now!

biggrin.gif
Oracle
*gigglingmadly* biggrin.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Nov 8 2005, 05:17 PM)
*Ow...my brain hurts*

Okay peeps!  I just finished compiling up to this post's stats on who came in where and how many posts they have done in this thread so far.

By hand.  *shakes hand out*

1 Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate, 34
2 Bigity, 1
3 Jrayjoker, 108
4 Nikoli, 40
5 DocMortand, 45
6 Grinder, 155
7 Angelone, 21
8 Ancient History, 1
9 SpasticTeapot, 5
10 Doctor Funkenstein, 2
11 SkeevePlowse, 1
12 Plan B, 17
13 Enigma, 1
14 Reaver, 1
15 littlesean, 2
16 Req, 3
17 Krazy, 3
18 Kiedo, 1
19 fistandantilus 3.0, 147
20 mmu1, 2
21 Mortax, 11
22 BookWyrm, 10
23 Shrapnel, 3
24 Eyeless Blond, 1
25 Supercilious, 1
26 Aku, 8
27 nezumi, 35
28 Kagetenshi, 11
29 PBTHHHHT, 38
30 Edward, 1
31 Bastard, 3
32 Foreigner, 20
33 Birdy, 2
34 Thomas, 1
35 Trax, 6
36 hyzmarca, 57
37 Kremlin KOA, 1
38 lorthazar, 2
39 ShadowDragon8685, 2
40 wagnern, 1
41 Panzergeist, 1
42 bclements, 1
43 Canis, 7
44 bit buckethead, 1
45 Hoondatha, 2
46 Da9iel, 1
47 Club, 1
48 Sabosect, 1
49 Tal, 2
50 Heimdall, 1
51 TokenFemme, 1
52 psykotisk overlegen, 3
53 Toshiaki, 4
54 Oracle, 66
55 Ryu, 6
56 Sketchy, 8
57 evil1i, 2
58 Drop Bear Prime, 3
59 TheMoto42, 1
60 Apathy, 1
61 Austere Emancipator, 1
62 JongWK, 1
63 Shadow Prophet, 2
64 PlainWhiteSocks, 19
65 martingothard, 1
66 toturi, 1
67 Fortune, 16
68 Ophis, 10
69 brohopcp, 4
70 blakkie, 6
71 maneius, 1
72 Herald of Verjigorm, 1
73 Lindt, 1
74 tisoz,1
75 Aardvark892, 1
76 Valentinew, 3
77 Sicarius, 1

Enjoy! This is as accurate as I could get it.

[edit] By the way, I got the order from tisoz, and found out there was a small error in placement - Ryu should be between Oracle and Sketchy...but I didn't want to renumber everything. bleth.

[edit #2] Congrats to Grinder and fistandantilus 3.0 for having the most posts!

Taking your word concerning Ryu, moved and re-numbered. When I got to around 50 posters, it started to get confusing.

It is you and your sig's fault fistandantilus3.0. I kept wondering if you were the 19th post or the 19th poster, then I saw someones number in their sig was incorrect, then I saw a latecomer who may not have felt like posting his number but claimed affiliation in his sig - I couldn't sleep, it kept nagging at me... wink.gif

DocMortand, you realize you can click on the number under the "Replies" header and a list of posters by total posts is displayed?
Jrayjoker
I think I heard a scream of agony. Doc must have just read that... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012