Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Angelone)
I took my little cousin to the zoo yesterday. When we got to the koala exibit, and I had a staring contest with one. It won after I got "The good, the bad, and the ugly" theme in my head and started laughing. It was a sad day for the resistance.

I think you may need a new hobby. biggrin.gif
Nikoli
If you want to win a staring contest with one, you have to injest something as toxic to yourself as eucalyptus is to the koala, then you'll be so zonked out sitting htere that you can't help but win. Just make sure your insurance is paid up and that you've signed a waiver releasing me from any liability for your actions.
fistandantilus4.0
Koala and eucalyptus -VS- Angelone and ritalin

Live at the Garden!
PBTHHHHT
Its gonna be a jaw dropping event!

*yawn*
hyzmarca
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Koala and eucalyptus -VS- Angelone and ritalin

Live at the Garden!

That won't work. Ritalin acts as a stimulant for most people. Ground up and snorted, it is almost as good as cocaine.
fistandantilus4.0
reminds me of when my kid (4 yr old) was perscribed Codine for a really nasty cough.

"Now this will most likely make him very sleepy. But with some kids, it can have the opposite effect."

It was like he had just downed a bunch of pixie sticks. Scary
Jrayjoker
reminds me of when my kid (4 yr old) was perscribed Codine for a really nasty cough.

"Now this will most likely make him very sleepy. But with some kids, it can have the opposite effect."

It was like he had just downed a bunch of pixie sticks. Scary

Did he put kid sized holes in the walls? Like Kiki?
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Codeine is an opiate, so...
How would one go about collecting Drop Bears for their evil corporate masters, by the by?
Jrayjoker
Have your mage stand under a Eucalyptus tree and wait...
hyzmarca
You would use a Drop Bear Harvester or DBH. Basicly, a cross between a thunderbird and a dump truck with a mechanical arm attached. It flys under a tree, shakes the tree with the mechanical arm, any drop bears land in the bucket.
PBTHHHHT
Heh, that reminds me of one of the travel channel shows. They were showing how one would collect walnuts from the trees. One had a vehicle that would do what you described it would shake the tree at the root using an arm that would vibrate.

Though here, they'd just vacuum the walnuts from the ground... I guess ye'd need some softer bucket to collect the drop bears as they fell. Ya don't want injure them... yet.
Foreigner
fistandantilus3.0:

Your son was, IMHO, luckier than most with that allergy.

My identical twin brother inherited our mother's anaphylactic allergy to codeine. (Strangely enough, I didn't.) I'm not certain if he'd have the same reaction to other real and synthetic opiates (i.e., morphine, heroin, methadone).

Small amounts usually give him hives, and have provoked psychotic episodes in the past. One time while in the hospital for surgery (at the age of 11 or 12), he began hallucinating when approached by the nurse carrying the syringe containing the knockout shot. He climbed the bed frame to get away from her. He told me later that, from his distorted perspective, the syringe looked more like a harpoon--which, I guess, explains his reaction.

A large enough dose would most likely kill him.

hyzmarca, PBTHHHHT: I think you're thinking about an episode of TLC's Monster Garage. Custom motorcycle builder Jesse James and his crew modified a pickup truck into a high-speed orange harvester.

The beastie had a fold-up net--essentially an inverted canopy--in the bed, with a central hole. Under the hole was a metal chute, which deposited the fruit into a padded container underneath it. The vehicle, as you said, had a mechanical claw on the front end that could grab onto the trunk of an orange tree, and gently shake it, causing the fruit that was ripe to fall off.

--Foreigner
Panzergeist
I was misdiagnosed with ADD and given ritalin for a month once. It was basically one 30-day speed trip. I don't think I did anything that compares with being attacked with a harpoon, though. Incidentally, if you didn't inherit your mother's allergy but your twin brother did, you realize that makes you a mutant, right? Test yourself for super powers, man.
Lady Door
Oh, how I LOVE this thread.... No, really.. it's unnatural.
Nikoli
Not all allergies are genetic, though predisposition for them are. An adult with no family history of allergies can suddenly develop a lethal allergy to peanuts, shellfish, etc. while a young child without a single non-allergy suffering ancestor might never know the "joy" of a 3000+ pollen count while living in georgia.
Foreigner
QUOTE (Panzergeist @ Aug 11 2005, 05:20 PM)
Incidentally, if you didn't inherit your mother's allergy but your twin brother did, you realize that makes you a mutant, right?  Test yourself for super powers, man.

Panzergeist:

That's one of life's little quirks, I guess....

I'm also epileptic and have active hydrocephalus ("water on the brain"). My brother has neither.

As near as we can figure, I inherited it from my Mom's side of the family--the only relative that I know of who had it was a VERY distant cousin (third or fourth) who died a long time ago, was profoundly retarded, and spent his entire life in an asylum.

And, as useful as superpowers would be, I don't have any--except that I have an inexplicable ability to retain useless trivia, while forgetting almost everything else.

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
Nikoli
I can honestly say I know more about the genitals of koala's then I ever intended to know. My inner child is crying now, I hope you're happy.
bclements
"Secret of Koala's Genetals Unfolds"

That's some entrede if I've ever heard it.
fistandantilus4.0
Foreigner: Yikes! Harpoons huh? scary stuff. Guess we lucked out. My wife had some nasty halluciantions once, seeing freaky shadows everywhere. She's the mutant in the family (although I have the adult onset allergies, which suck @ss. No more peanut butter & honey sandwiches for me), with a 'genetic defect'. She has the same superpower that you do, the ability to recall reams and reams of uselss facts. Acutally very impressive. One of which facts is that the term for such a peroson is apparently a spermologist. I probably got that one wrong, but it's something similar. Sure she'll come on later and correct me (and give me bad karma).

Hi honey! Airing your insanities!

As for Drop bear farming, just have a bunch of kids watch Care Bears, give 'em some padding and Pixie sticks (apparently Codine is bad for some), and send 'em out!
Jrayjoker
If they don't cuddle the little bastards to death, then you will have your Drop Bear army. Just make sure you wash off the flowers and hearts the kids draw on their tummies or noone will take them seriously.

Wait. No one will take them seriously until it is too late anyway, leave them on.

Care Bears, prepare to care. Care Bears, prepare to stare. Stare THERE!
Canis
This thread has opened my eyes. I’m going to don my tinfoil hat and kill as many tiny bears as I can find before they get me. What do you mean koalas are protected?! Damn the IE Cabal must have anticipated my actions.
fistandantilus4.0
Now you're marked Canis, you've figured it out. The Immortal Elves have been breading them and preparing them for a secret army. Who else would use the ridiculous little things!? The only question is, which Tir is it, and will you live long enough to find out, now that you've announced your discovery to all the world (well.... all of Dumpshock at least).
Canis
Don't worry, I'm cool. I got a magic cloak off of a guy on the internet. It protects me from space aliens, gov'ment soul stealers (aka the IRS) and all kinds of things.
fistandantilus4.0
I notice you didn't list the Fey/Faerie/elves/ pervy hobbit fanciers
Canis
AHHHH your right!!! I'm heading for the hills.
fistandantilus4.0
Don't you know that they Fey live in the hills!?

YAY! Pg 12!
Canis
Canis is no more, all hail the drop bears!!!
bit_buckethead
The Immortal Elves have been breading them...

deep fat frying them and selling them at your local KFK. grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
ahhhh..... the sweet sound of another of the converted ork.gif
hyzmarca
It isn't the IE. It is the muppets. The evil muppets led by Bert, who has been attempting to take over the world ever since Ernie died of AIDS.

The proof is here.

Who else but a muppet would think of something so evil?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Who else but a muppet wouuld think of something so evil?

a fraggle??
hyzmarca
Okay, I've made a chart.

The arrows indicate the chain of command flowing from the top down.

I'm still not sure how the Magog fit in.
Jrayjoker
I KNEW it!
Angelone
The Magog like Communism is a red herring. What we really should worry about are shaved Drop Bears a.k.a. Oompa loompas. They've already infiltrated society.
fistandantilus4.0
Damn Oompa Loompas. I know a guy that I swear is one. Right size, weird legs, funny hair, skin even has a slight orange tinge to it (he says it 's tanned, whatever). Only thing he hasn't done is break in to song (well, often anyways). Hates being called an Oompa Loompa though. Apprently the Drop Bears are ashamed of the shaving.

Seriously though, now that we've seen the vastness of this conspiracy, I really only see one way to stop it , and the fraggles behind it, from taking over the world: Agressive world wide add campaign portraying Drop bears as a tasty dragon snack. The high light will be a remake of Scooby -Doo : Draco-dooby -doo, features a group of bumbling shadowrunners and they're young dragon buddy solving mysteries and shadowrunning. The cowardly dragon and his dragon shaman/ hippie stoner pal have the phobia:everything flaw, and can only be convinced to help out by the rest of the 'gang' giving them Drop Bear snacks.
Each show will of course end with the evil fixer/bug shaman/wendigo/AI being unmasked to reveal Richard Villiers.

"Richard Villiers!?"

"I would've gotten away with it to, if it weren't for you darn shadowrunners, and that dragon too!"

The show of course being linked through verious channels to a one Art Dankwalther.
Hoondatha
Hey! I got that reference! That's Clue! My favorite movie of all time! (Well, ok, LotR is close, but I've been watching Clue all my life)
fistandantilus4.0
I was mollified to find that my wife had never seen Clue! before just a couple of months ago. SO I forced her to sit and watch it. I don't think she appreciated it as much as she should have, much like watching Labrynth for the first time when you're twenty instead of 10.(She likes Labrynth though).

Every Scooby-doo episode ends that way too , minus a
there were in his friggin crib
- "the old man from the amusement park?" but it didn't seem appropriate
Kagetenshi
I was mollified to find that my wife had never seen Clue! before just a couple of months ago.

What, were you previously angry with her for having seen it earlier? wink.gif

~J
fistandantilus4.0
switch that ,reverse it....

a few months ago... I was ...

nyahnyah.gif
Da9iel
mortified?
fistandantilus4.0
yes but no

make sense?
Club
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)

Sluggy reference?
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Club)
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Aug 11 2005, 07:53 AM)

Sluggy reference?

Oh yeah, it was the pixie sticks refence.
hyzmarca
The Oompa Loompa's are putting Magog eggs in Willie Wanka brand candy. The eggs will eventually hatch and baby Magog will eat people from the inside out.

This will be corodinated to coincide with the worldwide attack by the Dropbear Aircorps's paratroopers.

These two forces will effectivly destroy or suppress most of the world's population. The survivors will happily bow down to Bert and the Fraggles when they promise to make the terrible slaughter stop.
Jrayjoker
So, are you saying that the Great Trasheap and the Ordo Maximus are coordinating the eventual defeat and subjugation of the human race with the aid of Magog?
hyzmarca
Well, people who eat people need to stick together.
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
I can see this as being a wonderful ending to a Shadowrun campaign.
"You mean it was the drop bears all along?"
Jrayjoker
As long as "those meddling kids and their dog" can save the day, then I'll be happy.
Canis
At the end of most my campaigns the players and their meddling pet hellhound usually pull off the rubber mask off of the villain only to realize it was ‘ crazy old man’ Lofwyr all along. He then proceeds to eat the team and they need to make new characters. Maybe I need a new formula? BTW Gyro is there much money in Sandwich Pirating or is it all about the glory?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012