Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
nezumi
What?? This is an outrage! Clearly the first step is to shoot the messenger.

(Hey, where's Gibraltar? That's just a make believe place, right? I mean, who would really name their country "Gibraltar"?)
Witness
*struggling in the arms of the guards*

Um. Begging your pardon, your honor, but I was told it was somewhere on the southern tip of somewhere called 'Spayne', although this is clearly a confabulation meant by my handlers to confuse and distract me, since I find no reference to it in the Drop Bear Conspiracy Manual.
Witness
And having just posted here, what should I run across but this article on flesh-eating kangaroos. I couldn't not mention it.
Moon-Hawk
I think Drop Bears on a plane would work great. The only twist is, the horror doesn't take place on the plane. The horror takes place on the ground all across the world as Drop Bears DROP FROM THE MOTHERFUCKING PLANES!!!
Grinder
QUOTE (Witness)
And having just posted here, what should I run across but this article on flesh-eating kangaroos. I couldn't not mention it.

Good research, Brother Witness. Now go on, train some Drop Bears into Anti-Kangaroo and Anti-Monkey Units and wipe the enemies out!
Witness
Yes master.

Grinder
Excellent. I'm sure Brother Oracle can provide your troops with some new invented anti-kangaroo weapons.
Witness
Thank you master. I have just removed the polystyrene packaging and I greatly look forwards to seeing the Cyberzombiewombat in action.
Oracle
We are still in preparation of something special for you, Brother Witness. Something very special...and delicate...
Witness
OOH OOH IS IT A PONY? *claps hands excitedly*
Oracle
I said delicate. Not tasty.
Witness
*sulks*
Grinder
Pony... hmm.. do we have a Drop Bear Cavalry already?
Jrayjoker
Yes, they ride Jaberwokies
Grinder
Cool. Who's commanding officer?
Jrayjoker
Han Solo
Grinder
Pfff... he's not trustworthy enough. One of the Brothers here should become his... advidsor.
nezumi
Hmm... What if we could train these kangaroos to our own ends? Mount the drop bear on its back. The kangaroo jumps into combat and the holy crusader drop bear leaps whilst his mount is at its peak. And given their shared cultural background (of being blood drinking marsupials), they may be more likely to work together.
Jrayjoker
I like the way you think!

The Drop Bears drink the target dry and the meat-eating kangaroos devour their corpses...
Witness
The same article also makes reference to 'demon ducks of doom'. Do not feed the demon ducks of doom.
Ophis
ooh ooh ooh can I I have a demon duck? huh huh can I?
Jrayjoker
http://www.elgoonishshive.com/

Check out the comic for July 12th...

There's your demon duck.

It is a running gag in that comic, whenever a character needs a distraction they point and yell, "Look, A demon duck!" And the duck is there in the background.
DocMortand
Hmm...what about hiring Demon Ducks to serve as distractions so our Drop Bear Legions can drop on them more easily?

Or...Demon Drop Bear Legions!
nezumi
QUOTE (DocMortand)

Are you somehow suggesting we crossbreed our drop bears with ducks? That is... rather disturbing.

No my friends, the use of demon ducks is clear. A distraction, yes, but more. Remember, our troops are most effective against stationary targets. What happens when a pair of tasty treats see a demon fowl? Of course, one yells "duck!" Whilst the other is ducking, he is then stationary, and a perfect target! Through the use of combined forces, we can conquer. They're also useful for throwing into the engines of airplanes full of snakes or whatever.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (nezumi)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Jul 14 2006, 01:44 PM)

Are you somehow suggesting we crossbreed our drop bears with ducks? That is... rather disturbing.

Don't you remember elders? We have cross bred them. The platypus was the result. Oh the many hours of falsifying fossil records and spoofing scholarly research to cover up that fiasco. <<shudder>>

The only benefit was that they turned out to be the only poisonous mammal. Small consolation in my opinion.
nezumi
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jul 14 2006, 02:27 PM)

Don't you remember elders? We have cross bred them. The platypus was the result. Oh the many hours of falsifying fossil records and spoofing scholarly research to cover up that fiasco. <<shudder>>

I thought we just touched all relevant data with our long, noodly appendage?
Oracle
QUOTE (Grinder)

We tried that. But our furry machines of doom mistook the ponys for breakfast...
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (nezumi)
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jul 14 2006, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jul 14 2006, 02:27 PM)

I thought we just touched all relevant data with our long, noodly appendage?

Tread carefully in how much you reveal about events that should not be mentioned for it might bring the wrath of the inquisition. Ye have been warned.
Grinder
QUOTE (Oracle)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jul 13 2006, 02:38 PM)

We tried that. But our furry machines of doom mistook the ponys for breakfast...

So we have to make our ponys more resistent or protect them.
Ophis
FINALLY, I am pleased to anounce th Andrew Lloyd Webber is no more and has been replaced with a small drop bear opperating a human body like robot He will go by the name of andrew bruce lloyd webber. A highly trained drop bear soprano undercover agent carried out the hit using "How do you sove a problem like maria?" ( a reality tv show to choose the lead for sound of music, who ever said reality tv was good for nothing?) to get close to her target and tricked him into watching her "climb a tree and scrap her knee".

Drop Bears! should be in theatre's for christmas!
Witness
QUOTE (Ophis)
FINALLY, I am pleased to anounce th Andrew Lloyd Webber is no more and has been replaced with a small drop bear opperating a human body like robot

How can you tell? wink.gif
Grinder
Excellent work, Brother Ophis! Any chance that Carmen Elektra will get a small role in the new musical?
Gabriel (Argus #2323)
Yes! YES! Samuroid batch 23! SAMUROID BATCH 23!!!
Ophis
QUOTE (Witness @ Aug 7 2006, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Ophis @ Aug 7 2006, 04:55 PM)
FINALLY, I am pleased to anounce th Andrew Lloyd Webber is no more and has been replaced with a small drop bear opperating a human body like robot

How can you tell? wink.gif

The duplicate takes my orders. And is buying southern emgland out of eucalyptus sweets...

I'lllook into the Carmen Elektra thing.
Oracle
Please deliver the Carmen Elektra subject to the revolutionary HQ, R&D division, for further examination. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Thanks Brother Ophis. I'm sure Carmen will be thankful too.

All examination is for the greater good of the Drop Bear cause, right?
Oracle
rotfl.gif Of course brother. Do you like to take part in it?
Grinder
Examination is up to you and our other eggheads. We do have other eggheads, do we?

I'll invite Carmen into one of our converting chambers and try my best to convert her to our cause. Which will be easy, 'cause she will be very grateful after getting a part in our world-famous new musical.
Oracle
Of course we do. We have brother <CLASSIFIED>, brother <CLASSIFIED> and the young novice <CLASSIFIED>. The there is that Orang Utan. But I am not sure if he counts...

I don't know for sure if she will still be grateful after examinations.
Grinder
QUOTE (Oracle)
I don't know for sure if she will still be grateful after examinations.

You and your team will find a way to brainwas... uhm.. make her grateful.
warrior_allanon
send her to me before you do your examinations, 2 days with me and anything else will look like sweet sweet heaven in comparison
Grinder
Brother warrior allanon, you first have to proove your dedication to the DBC before we would handle you over such a delicate task.
Jrayjoker
Yeah, like explain what he is going to do, Have her wash his underwear?
Grinder
I was more along "conquering Texas", "rebuilding Alamos" or something smilar.

What's up with our North America conquest, btw?
Jrayjoker
It is currently too hot for the nordic squad to opperate, we'll keep you informed.
Grinder
Drop Bears should be used to heat. We should increase the training time under harsh conditions, be it heat or cold (when they march to Alaska).

Or Brother Oracle and his team invent a weather control machine.
Grinder
And what nordic sqauds? We have Pirate Ninja Surfer Drop Bears in Florida already!
stevebugge
I have a covert squad training in Cheney Washington and secretly replacing the Seattle Seahawks Equpment Managers. We're going to use the team's travel schedule as cover to set up cells in other NFL Cities.
Jrayjoker
The upper midwest nordic immigrant drop bear lutefisk brigade, of course. They are firmly entrenched in Minnesota, but the summer heat wave has been crippling.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (stevebugge)
I have a covert squad training in Cheney Washington and secretly replacing the Seattle Seahawks Equpment Managers.  We're going to use the team's travel schedule as cover to set up cells in other NFL Cities.

....we'll see how they withstand the barrage of the Rapid Fire High Velocity Triple A Cheeseball Gun emplcements that surround Lambeau Feild.

They are loaded with cheeseballs made from only the finest "aromatic" Bier Kase known to drop even the most hardened targets (including those in full enviro suits with respirators) in a 10m splatter radius.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012