Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Interesting... like Lucifer you might say...

You might ...
Angelone
Oh, we have tanks... tanks with big guns. Big guns, big trees, and bigger budgets. Soon you all will see the fruits of my madness, if only I could get the mobile tree defence system to work and color coordinate everything.
Moto42 Again
You strapped a potted eucalyptus to the top of a sherman tank?
Kyoto Kid
...I thought it was actually an M1-A1 Abrhams.
Angelone
Yes what else are the droptroopers going to hang onto? As a sidenote it was very hard to train the droptankers as they are to short for a conventional sized tank. I thought about miniture tanks but realized that they wouldn't be as effective as their fullsized counterparts. I then realized I would just have to increase the size of the crews so one droptanker could steer and another could work the pedals.

PS- I have no idea how tanks actually work. So if they don't have pedals freaking sue me nyahnyah.gif
Kyoto Kid
...actually tanks use a type of dual joystick control (at least in the old days) to maneouver. Pulling back on one while pushing forward on the other allowed you to literally pivot the tank. I don't remember if there was an actual brake pedal.
Angelone
It was a proud day when my droptankers working in tandem first rolled into battle against the fraggles. It was quite a sight seeing them pull, levers and push pedals in an awe inspiring display of drop unity and accompolising together what separately they could never do.

I remember the joystick part seeing it in recruitment videos, I just can't remember if there were pedals.
Grinder
Brother Angelone, if you want pedals in our droptank, there will be pedals! Nothing is impssoible for our R&D department!

Moto42 Again
Perhaps they should research something more sturdy than a nylon strap to hold the trees atop the tanks; before the fraggles start sniping them?

(That image creates an interesting idea, take a non-functioning (cheaper) WW2 tank, put a eucalyptus tree, unpotted, on top of it. Now pack plenty of dirt around the tank and roots. A few years of root-pruning and watering later and you have a really cool piece of artwork.)
Witness
geronimoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOuhohOOOOOOOOOOOO...*splat*
Oracle
*applaudes*
Witness
*groan* i think i broke mr woodpecker
Angelone
*Hands Witness a Dropbeer* Good show
Ophis
Wonderful drop sir. Bravo!
Angelone
Has the conspiracy made any headway into SR4 yet? If not my droptankers will lend their might to correct that oversight. mad.gif
Butterblume
Somehow I can't get the picture of drop bears pedalling their droptanks into combat out of my head...

I really hope Grinder referred to eucalyptus petals, not pedals spin.gif.
Grinder
QUOTE (Butterblume)
I really hope Grinder referred to eucalyptus petals, not pedals spin.gif.

Don't be confused, Brother Butterblume. The widsom of my words will soon drop into your mind and enlighten you.
fistandantilus4.0
Wasn't the VW bug originally developed to carry weapons in the front, but then never used because the war ended? Perhaps the legions could use those. More space-specific, has pedals, and much better mileage! (No VW Beatles though, hate those)
PBTHHHHT
No, it started development before war began in the early 30's and was envisioned as the 'People Car' by the Germans. I think it was then pressed into the war.

edit: fixed. it was envisioned to fit 2 adults and 3 children. It started production during/around ww2 so there were some militarized version, but also civilian versions were made for the elites. Anyway, it wasn't made originally for military use.
fistandantilus4.0
danke
PlainWhiteSocks
How many Drop Bears can we fit into a VW Bug, and how do we get it up a tree?

Kyoto Kid
...sounds like a Greek Row stunt from the Drop Bear National Academy...
Butterblume
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
How many Drop Bears can we fit into a VW Bug

That sounds like this zen stuff, and I'm bad at it. Who is to say, if a drop bear drops on a victim in a forest, and nobody is there to hear the victim scream, does it make a sound?
and how do we get it up a tree?

That's easy. Just plant an eucalyptus seedling under the car, wait a few year, and the VW is ready to drop.
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (Butterblume)

That sounds like this zen stuff, and I'm bad at it. Who is to say, if a drop bear drops on a victim in a forest, and nobody is there to hear the victim scream, does it make a sound?

That would depend on whether or not the Drop Bear is a Ninja Drop Bear.

Witness
I wonder if 'O' reads this thread?
PBTHHHHT
Nice!
Ooo... research have commenced for reanimating any of our 'fallen' brethren as shock troops.
will_rj
Could this be some sort of subliminar messsage ? What is that zombie pug, anyway ?
warrior_allanon
ALERT......ALERT......ALERT

security breach code red

Michael Savage of "The Savage Nation" tonight mentioned something about someone converting the Koala's of Austrailia and Tasmania. I didnt catch the whole comment i wasnt listening closely and he immediately went on to something else afterwards.
Fortune
I chuckle to see how low Drop Bears have fallen in significance ...

even among the encyclopedically-inclined biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)

No worries, Brothers! Elder fistandantilus3.0 alreday explained the reason for it.
Fortune
QUOTE (NRA Yearly Revue - 2069)
Section 7, Subsection 4.3 - Sighting in a scope

"... It should be said that it is a well known, and often utilized fact that Drop Bears make excellent targets for use in attuning your scope. They explode just like a metahuman head when hit with a well-placed high-powered round, and simulate a neat kill even better than the long-used but now defunct watermelon."
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
Elder fistandantilus3.0 alreday explained the reason for it.

His lame explanation speaks for itself, and needs no rebuttal. biggrin.gif
Fortune
It fills me with such delight to bear news to you that a number of your 'illustrious' alumni seem to be suffering from hallucinations, seeing Drop Bears where none exist. eek.gif grinbig.gif
Magus
Well then Mister, if they do not exist how come I saw one depicted in the movie "The Wild" now on Pay-Per-View and on DVD? Huh huh! Answer that one mr. smartie non-believer, soon food for the flames of righteousness! Die non believer!!!
Fortune
Note that I never said they were non-existant. Merely that they were the subject of hallucinations at a time and place where there was none. I guess all that rabid devotion to rodent-kin has affected those formerly well-honed reading skills. biggrin.gif wink.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
Hallucinations of drop bears? That wasn't supposed to happen until phase....

oh drek...

Sorry, we had a leak.
nezumi
QUOTE (Fortune)

Did they hit someone on the way?
Kyoto Kid
...it's been rumoured that the menches at SK R&D have been working on Gummi Drop Bears. They taste so good then rip you apart from the inside.
Jame J
Where do Drop Bears come from? (Yes, I looked in the encyclopedia, but don't know the reference.)
nezumi
QUOTE (Jame J)
Where do Drop Bears come from? (Yes, I looked in the encyclopedia, but don't know the reference.)

Australia
Butterblume
Drop Bears normally come from above. Unless you're in space, where they can come from any direction.
Moto42 Again
I'm working on fixing that whole "gravity" problem now though. Soon no direction will be safe!
Fortune
Drop Bears don't take direction well anyway.
Grinder
QUOTE (Moto42 Again)
I'm working on fixing that whole "gravity" problem now though. Soon no direction will be safe!

Please contact Brother Oracle at the R&D department.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Oct 27 2006, 06:06 PM)
Elder fistandantilus3.0 alreday explained the reason for it.

His lame explanation speaks for itself, and needs no rebuttal. biggrin.gif

Drop Bears are made to be 'fallen'. A few lost in the name of the cause in order for a drop in vigilance is worth the cost.

Good people, remember that this is an Immortal Elf talking. Take everything he says with a grain of salt....

then throw the salt in his eye.
smile.gif
Jame J
QUOTE (nezumi)
QUOTE (Jame J @ Oct 30 2006, 02:02 PM)

Australia

Uh huh.

In which SR book are they referenced?
Fortune
Target: Awakened Lands
fistandantilus4.0
know thine enemy Fortune? wink.gif biggrin.gif
Fortune
Really, it's only logical. After all, how is metahumanity expected to be able to understand the true insignificance of the fuzzy little rodents if they are not exposed to the appropriate documentation? wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Exposure. We have plenty of left overs from the experiments you can play with.

That's what 's really going on in the top levels of the Renraku Arcology now-a-days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012