Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Mortax
....Great spirits, I left for like 6 months and this thread is still here......

Hmmm, killing a drop bear.....droping an anvil probably wont work. What about consicrated eucalyptus leaves?
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, made me smile seeing your name pop up again. The wayward brother. Nice ta' see ya' back.

A Drop Bear can be killed, but not by Consecrated Eucalyptus. That just gives them holy gas later on.
Mortax
So THAT's where holy hand grenades come from.
Fortune
Y'see, that's what comes from only knowing half the facts. The fisted one is mistaken. Drop Bears don't get Holy Gas ... they get Holly Gas, from eating eucalyptus during the yuletide season.

Consecrated Eucalyptus has a whole other effect entirely. vegm.gif
fistandantilus4.0
sure.. and we're gonna listen to a Drama Elf like you ... riiiight.

Don't mess with the Fisty (of Doom) elf. nyahnyah.gif
krayola red
You call yourself the Fisty of Doom?

...eek.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I didn't say "don't mess with me, Fisty of Doom". No, the nature of the Fisty of Doom is left mysterious and enigmatic.. .well... as Mysterious and Enigmatic as an anything of Doom can be anyways.

There's a subtle difference wink.gif
krayola red
Can I start calling you the Fisty of Doom anyway? biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
meh, sure, just as long as you say the full thing
krayola red
Yes sir, Mr. Fisty of Doom.
Fortune
Fistidiom? Nope ... Fizzidum! Yeah, that's it.
Mortax
Deck the halls with boughs of drop bears....
Jame J
QUOTE (Mortax)
Deck the halls with boughs of drop bears....

Fa la la la la, la la la AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
Grinder
QUOTE (krayola red)

Did you read the whole thread? Twice?
Fortune
Amateurs!
Grinder
Enemy!
Backgammon
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
QUOTE (Angelone @ Nov 6 2006, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 4 2006, 10:37 AM)
Happy hunting! wink.gif

The hunt is always happy. Just remember that when a droptank is rolling over your precious toxic medicine lodge. wink.gif

Somebody say "Drop Tank?"

nyahnyah.gif

That comic is just AWESOME.
krayola red
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (krayola red @ Nov 22 2006, 05:51 AM)

Did you read the whole thread? Twice?

Now why would I want to do a crazy thing like that? nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
To become a convert, a truely dedicated follower of our cause.

Is that reason enough?
krayola red
Tempting, but I think I'll pass. I've grown to be fairly fond of these eyeballs.
Grinder
What did you say, where are you from?

Fortune
QUOTE (krayola red)
Now why would I want to do a crazy thing like that?

Because it is one of the misguided cult's requirements, supposedly in order to show your true devotion to the fuzzy little balls of lethargy.

Think of it as ... an Initiation Ordeal. wink.gif
Grinder
Oh, and don't listen to the words of Immortal Elves. They will give you false information and turn you into a mindless puppett.
Fortune
Was my information false? Is it not considered the custom, and even a requirement for 'membership', to willingly read through the entire thread twice?

When was the last time you made the electronic pilgrimage, Grinder?
fistandantilus4.0
Oh we're not disputing that you have to read through the thread in order to achieve what we'll call a 'hyper-real' state. An Initiation ordeal would be a good parallel. We just say not to listen to you in prinicipal. biggrin.gif
krayola red
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
An Initiation ordeal would be a godo parallel.

Which one? Suffering? biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
That's the one!
nezumi
I've found it's easier to just read each post twice while it's still new, then you can get away with reading the whole thread only once every month.

My two year old writes: wobble.gif love.gif sleepy.gif cyber.gif grinbig.gif eek.gif love.gif talker.gif

As you can tell, he feels great emotion for the holy Drop Bear.
Angelone
Get them when they're young and they'll be yours forever. *Monty Burns on* Excellent*Monty Burns off*

Interesting fact, as close as it is to the Holy Land, they have never heard of Drop Bears in Korea.
Jame J
I expect that some of those who are native to, but have left, the Holy Land are also ignorant of them.

Shame on them!
Grinder
They'll face the punishment they deserve, when the great day of the Drop is coming.
Mr.Platinum
I havent been in this forum for ages...and this thread is still going, i remeber thinking 30 pages is retaded, but wow a brand spanking new level of Drop Bear Thread.
Bravo DumpShockers.
Angelone
As a suggestion to the R&D department, I think we should look into equipping our drop bears with bungee cords so that they can be ready for redeployment quicker and get them off the ground, where they are most vunerable, quicker. Maybe some kind of winch with a harness would work better so they can relish the kill more.
Fortune
As long as the bungee cords are just a bit longer than the proposed drop itself. Otherwise it would be kind of pointless, don't you think? wink.gif
Angelone
They are called Drop bears for a reason elf. If they couldn't survive a something as simple as the thumpening they wouldn't be the paragons of predatory evolution that they are.

PS- wink.gif
Ophis
We should humour Fortune, as he seems to have got immortallity without a resistance to senile dementia...
Fortune
Um ... my point being that if the bungee cord was in fact shorter than the drop, yon flop rodent might run the risk of not only missing his target, but being flung upwards into the branches multiple times. Perhaps even worse (?), the fuzzy little stoned varmint might well end up helplessly suspended within easy weapon's reach of his intended target, and any accompanying companions. nyahnyah.gif
Angelone
Which is why I also proposed a winch and harness rappeling system. With an easy interface, the skull button allows dropping while the tree button whisks the dropped out of harms way.
Fortune
That wouldn't help much if the floppy teddy gets tanged after all that bouncing and banging against and through the overhead branches.

Y'see! I try to help, and all I get is abuse. I really do think some of you have been drinking too much 'drop bear essense' for your own good.
Angelone
Gummi beary juice, that do it for you? grinbig.gif
Fortune
I'd have used that if I'd have thought of it. biggrin.gif
Angelone
Dashing and Daring
Dropping and Tearing
Faithful and Furry
With thumpings to share nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
Let's hear it for ... Disney's ....... Drop Dumplings.
Magus
Boo Hiss I live in Mouse Central thank you very much. My commandoes are up 100% on Disney's Evil Propaganda. That is why we took over the parks.
nezumi
QUOTE (Magus)
Boo Hiss I live in Mouse Central thank you very much. My commandoes are up 100% on Disney's Evil Propaganda. That is why we took over the parks.

I should have seen it earlier... Very commendable, Magus. For decades we've been teaching our youth that all things evil are ugly and big, and all things furry and small are allies. Lilo and Stitch are your best work yet! See the little creature with all the sharp teeth who jumps on your head from above? He's just not understood! Bring him home, show him to your parents, and protect him from the evil, wicked elves who cause him so much trouble.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
Y'see! I try to help, and all I get is abuse. I really do think some of you have been drinking too much 'drop bear essense' for your own good.

Abuse you? No, I think you misunderstand. We like having you around. You're good for the faithful. Like a test of faith. It starts with reading through the thread a few times, then the thread once or thrice, then you're here for proper conditioning. You are so very helpful to the cause. vegm.gif
Fortune
Keep chuggin'. wink.gif
Angelone
Speaking of the faithful, whatever happened to Brother Witness? Did he ever recover from his ordeal? How many active elders do we still have? I notice quite a few are out preparing thumpenings to deal with the elven "threat".

It's Drop Beer btw.
Oracle
We are working from the shadows brother. Be faithful!
Grinder
The elders are around and well. Rumours about deaths of some of them have been greatly exaggerated and are IE propaganda!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012