Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
DocMortand
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks @ Feb 2 2006, 11:24 AM)
DocMortand:  What the sea monkeys lack in size they will make in fanaticism.  Those whales will have heartburn for months.  grinbig.gif

True, very true. But they ARE eaten. Of course it is very easy to grow sea monkeys...but to train them to be effective? That takes time.

Also - scuba trained drop bears are easily defeated - cut the mask and they're hosed. Surf drop bears dominate the surface of the ocean...what about the arcologies underneath, pray tell?

[edit] Ooo! I got post #1500!
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (DocMortand)
To start a completely different thread of thought - anyone put in a drop bear conspiracy in their games yet?

Also - how would you construct a REALISTIC drop bear conspiracy in the SR game? I.E. One that doesn't make your players roll their eyes in disbelief. smile.gif

That is decidedly NOT a new thought. Grrrrr. But it is still a good one.

I could see using drop bears to smuggle a tailored virus to a zoo...<shrug>
nezumi
QUOTE (DocMortand)
True, very true. But they ARE eaten. Of course it is very easy to grow sea monkeys...but to train them to be effective? That takes time.

I have begun a rigorous training regiment. Grab sea banana, fling sea poo, copulate in the public space. I've even gotten one of my monkeys to catch and smoke tiny cigarette butts before they're extinguished in the water. I feel confident that, with a little more funding, I could use them to test our submersible vehicles and to fetch little tiny drop beers.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Surf drop bears dominate the surface of the ocean...what about the arcologies underneath, pray tell?

I've found extremely high yield torpedoes are sufficient. A small nuclear warhead detonated undewater will shred most anything humans would consider for aquatic building materials in a very large radius. Even scaling back to a mere MOAB of the sea should easily rend any arcology to bite-sized pieces if it detonates within a kilometer.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Feb 2 2006, 02:45 PM)
To start a completely different thread of thought - anyone put in a drop bear conspiracy in their games yet?

Also - how would you construct a REALISTIC drop bear conspiracy in the SR game?  I.E. One that doesn't make your players roll their eyes in disbelief. smile.gif

That is decidedly NOT a new thought. Grrrrr. But it is still a good one.

I could see using drop bears to smuggle a tailored virus to a zoo...<shrug>

How about some crazy TerraFirst!-ers releasing them upon an in-development arcology, or, even better, in a major city. Can go the whole para-animal smuggling route, like in the Forever Drug, then have them in cages throughout the city, all on timed release switches. Starving, lost, and angry, they feed on the closest things to them.... the sprawl dwellers. Good way to drop in a toxic crazy mage too.
DocMortand
Hrm, I go away for a weekend and the thread slips off the main page...SHAME!

Actually, I think the best place for drop bears to make an appearance in in a food-frenzy in the artifical forest in Redmond(?). Have 'em go crazy because the eucalyptus is fake. grinbig.gif
Oracle
There is an artificial forest in Redmond???
PBTHHHHT
Everything about Redmond is artificial... didn't ya know? wink.gif
Well, from the case of the back to nature types in Salish, the city concept itself is artificial. biggrin.gif

Eeek, I'm starting to sound serious! Must get back into the silly mood! eek.gif
Oracle
You got me wrong. I just wondered that there is anything at all in Redmond that could be seen as a forest. biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Eeek, I'm starting to sound serious! Must get back into the silly mood! eek.gif

You are NOT serious hen posting here???
Such comments will bring a visit of the Drop Bear Inquisition closer and closer...
PlainWhiteSocks
Sombody had menitoned using Drop Bears in Archology Shutdown. They did have a zoo in ther if I recall correctly.
stevebugge
There is a feature called "The Plastic Jungles" in Redmond, kind of a big Greenhouse. It's pest resistant GMO Eucalyptus trees caused my legions to have hallucinations and behave strangely.......We are still deciding on if we should burn the GMO trees or harvest them and sell the leaves in Ziploc bags for 20 NuYen each to fund further expansion.
Oracle
Brother stevebugge, could you send me some bags of leaves as a sample for scientific purposes, please?
nezumi
Has anyone else seen the 'burning people' thread and the 'drop bear thread' on the same page and thought 'hmm... there's an idea....'

stevebugge
Flaming Drop Bear Commandos?

Or

that we need Theme Music!
Magus
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Flaming Drop Bear Commandos?

Or

that we need Theme Music!

My troops are all male just not flaming male <nudge nudge wink wink>
stevebugge
Then clearly it must mean that we need to select Theme Music for the Drop Bear Conspiracy
Valentinew
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Then clearly it must mean that we need to select Theme Music for the Drop Bear Conspiracy

I always thought our theme music was "Waltzing Matilda."

Was that wrong? grinbig.gif
Grinder
Go back a few pages and you'll fnd the link to "Beerserk". We already have theme music, beer-based hardcore from Denmark!
Oracle
I have got some promising results from the tests of my Orbital Drop Bear Launch Facilities. I did not solve the "impact splash" problem yet. But the experiments show, that obitally launched politicians cause nearly as much havoc and destruction as orbitally launched Drop Bears...
DocMortand
QUOTE (Oracle)
I have got some promising results from the tests of my Orbital Drop Bear Launch Facilities. I did not solve the "impact splash" problem yet. But the experiments show, that obitally launched politicians cause nearly as much havoc and destruction as orbitally launched Drop Bears...

Yeah, but unless the area the orbital politicians land on is sealed off for a hundred years, anyone who lives there will be turned into Greenpeace tree-huggers (liberal politician) or Limbaugh pundits (conservative politician) - whereas drop bear orbital landings just turn anyone who lives there into prey. rotfl.gif
Oracle
Uhm, Elder Mortand, are you sure you got the full picture of the slightly gory and very unpleasant nature of a politician impacting with a speed of at least 4km/s? lick.gif
Oracle
I got a new plan!!! Let us capture Chuck Norris. We can force him to teach our DropBears the secrets of ROUNDHOUSE KICKS. After that they can eat him. Lots of proteins, I guess. And a good lesson to his fellow cultists.
Grinder
Maybe we can crossbreed Chuck Norris and female Drop Bears? Just imagine a platoon of Chuck Norris Drop Bears!
Oracle
That brings us to another purity-problem...
Moon-Hawk
That's only a purity problem if Chuck Norris isn't a drop bear in disguise.
Hmmmm, how do we find out? How do we find out without getting roundhouse kicked in the face?
Magus
Tempt him with Eucalyptus Leaves?
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Magus)
Tempt him with Eucalyptus Leaves?

Um how about a leafe made from human/meta human flesh?
Grinder
We'll have to use eucalyptus leaves dripped with metahuman blood.
PBTHHHHT
oh man, I just had dinner and I'm full, but the eucalyptus leaves dripped with metahuman blood is still making my mouth water. mmmm.... smile.gif
DocMortand
QUOTE (Oracle)
Uhm, Elder Mortand, are you sure you got the full picture of the slightly gory and very unpleasant nature of a politician impacting with a speed of at least 4km/s? lick.gif

I was talking about the residue left behind when a politician impacts at 4 km/sec. smile.gif It's a well known industrial poison.
Herald of Verjigorm
Just remember, tree huggers make themselves easy targets while the opposite extreme is armed and possibly paranoid.
Oracle
The "Tree Huggers" of the sixth world are not armed and paranoid? biggrin.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
Maybe, but their impluse to hug trees will overpower their curiosity about what those rustlings in the branches are.
Kremlin KOA
anyone noticed these things have adaptive coloration?
stevebugge
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Maybe, but their impluse to hug trees will overpower their curiosity about what those rustlings in the branches are.

Particularly if they have been licking frogs
Oracle
The world could be a better place, if one would make all politicians lick some frogs.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Oracle)
The world could be a better place, if one would make all politicians lick some frogs.

...somebody, somewhere, is gonna sig that.

And somewhere else, a kitten was eaten by a drop bear.
Grinder
QUOTE (Oracle)

They don't do so already? eek.gif
Magus
I can think of few things that I would like less than licking a frenchman. LOL
Grinder
QUOTE (Magus)
I can think of few things that I would like less than licking a frenchman. LOL

rotfl.gif
Oracle
Frenchmen are illegal in many countries. Be careful woth them!
PlainWhiteSocks
Should we be using Frenchmen as Orbital Drop Bear Launcher test subjects? They could serve as both projectile and target. biggrin.gif
DigitalSoul
Facinating, so this is were the insanity is still somewhat fresh.

I just finished all 61+ pages and I've got a moderate headache and nose/earbleed to show for it.

It seems that I am also too late as my area has already been captured a few pages back, slightly dissapointed I am.
Oracle
Welcome to the revolution, novice DigitalSoul. Just take a seat. Do you like some eucalyptus-flavored peanuts? And don't worry. You'll get used to that headache sooner or later. The tiny voices in your head are a different story, however.

Using French people as ammunition is clearly against the international ban of weapons of mass destruction.
DigitalSoul
Yes, it is good to be here indeed.

Well since my territory has already been captured before I got onboard I guess I can fill that R&D hole that has been left unfilled.

QUOTE (Nezumi)
To drop bears have any technical skills?

Now, looking at these drop bears I can see there is a fair bit of sapience in them (effective stealth tactics, spellcasting) and there has been some realm I've not seen delved into in any noticeable way: Matrix.

I'm afraid that PWS and Magus have already recruited what was left of my area so I will have to request 'assistants' from other legions/platoons for my research. Preferably bright, strong-willed, non-awakened, non-albino.

QUOTE (Oracle)
Using French people as ammunition is clearly against the international ban of weapons of mass destruction.

[WARNING: Stereotype ahead] Mass destruction? I would worry more about bioweapon bans when using frenchmen.
DocMortand
Good to have a new convert. Welcome, novice DigitalSoul - now your mission is to go out and convert all other threads to the drop bear nataion!

And I second the fact that frenchmen would definately violate several biohazard laws plus probably the Geneva Convention.

My fellow bretheren - what part of Thump have we not captured yet? I think Europe is ours, as is Japan and the bulk of Asia. Phillipines, New Guinea and the area in and around Australia are natural habitats, so they were taken early, (especially NZ) and so has the USA. Has Canada fallen yet, as well as central and southern America? What about Africa, India and the Middle East?
stevebugge
The Middle East may be difficult as their is little or no habitat for our legions, much of it being used to burn Danish Embassys recently. However I have a devious plan to fool the locals in to wearing Drop Bears as Turbans. However we will need to acquire a fashionable boutique.............
nezumi
QUOTE (DocMortand)
what part of Thump have we not captured yet?

'Thump'? Is that what Drop Bears call Earth? (That being the sound you make when you hit it?)
PBTHHHHT
Hmmm... I always thought the Drop Bears called 'Thump' as prey population. Though the other thing that they call 'em as the weakling flesh things that go, 'AAAAIIEEEEEE!!!! getitoffgetitoffit'seatingmyface!!!!!'

Or something like that...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012