Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Trigger
*cracks open a drop beer*

See, the IEs are trying to subvert the cause, dividing us in the confusion of the movement of the thread. But the followers will come, they will find us if they have not already and we will strike back with a drop like they have never seen before, like the world has never experienced.

I am speaking of The Great Dropping.
Grinder
Beware, Fortune, beware!

Uhm, Brother Trigger, did you find a holy date for The Great Dropping?
Jrayjoker
And your quest was successful. Good work acolyte.
Fortune
Nice try, but this movement garbage is no work of mine. frown.gif

Maybe someone should start a new thread in the main Forum to inform people about this thread's location.
nezumi
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Drop bears was moved because it's really taken a life of it's own and doesn't really discuss SR anymore. Rather it is a Testament to a Noble creature that has a strength all it's own, and can stand alone.

So when are we leaving behind the old SR3/4 rule system and making a brand new game, Drop Bear 1: The Dropping (alternative subtitle - The Surprise)?

Thanks,BTW, for your support noble nezumi:
QUOTE (nezumi)
There are only a few threads and users the mods would have to ban to get me to greatly decrease my time here (drop bear thread..

Good to see your faith is strong. Drop on.

You're not the only one to comment on this. I was really a little surprised to see such response to my comment, only because I felt it was obvious. The faithful have gathered here, at Mt Dumpshock, to hear the good news. Should we be forced to wander the desert, I only expect that we shall.
Trigger
QUOTE (Grinder)
Beware, Fortune, beware!

Uhm, Brother Trigger, did you find a holy date for The Great Dropping?

It all occured to me during my process of initiation to the circle of the holy drop bear. I took up the ordeal and read through all 91 pages of the Drop Bear Thread in one night , thus winning the approval of the Great Drop Bear in the Sky. He told unto me to take the Divining metamagic and I did. Then I spent the next few days in a grove of great eucalyptus tree, deep in the meditative state of a drop bear when he is not dropping and asked what was to come of the DBT now that is has been moved here. A great vision seized me and I have spent some time going translating it and it was another message from the Great Holy Drop Bear and it said, "Be Prepared, The Great Dropping comes soon.."
Angelone
I was going to suggest The Great Dropping takes place on the date corresponding to our holy number 999,or 9/9/09, but then I realized that it was over 2 years off, next I realized how close that was to another date and thought it would be best not to joke about it. So basically I'm going to ask how's next Tuesday? That work for everyone?
Ophis
Yeah Tuesday is good for me, though only after 4 pm GMT, but I can stay up late as i have Wednesday off.
Trigger
I think that next tuseday is going to be ok with me too, I can't see anything gettin in the way of The Great Dropping....
nezumi
Hrm... Tuesday probably isn't very good. I'm raising a cub or a kitten or whatever you call a baby drop bear (private? I don't know) and I tend to drop off around 10pm EST (hah, get it! Drop off!) Wednesdays aren't good either because I've started hitting the bottle by Wednesday.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (nezumi)
Hrm... Tuesday probably isn't very good. I'm raising a cub or a kitten or whatever you call a baby drop bear (private? I don't know) and I tend to drop off around 10pm EST (hah, get it! Drop off!) Wednesdays aren't good either because I've started hitting the bottle by Wednesday.

I think you are correct in calling the new ones, "Private." However, as with all great movements, conscription is not the best way to recruit. Our strength comes from our devotion, and only willing converts can truly be elevated in the eyes of the Great One.

And as long as you are hitting bottles of Drop Beer and not some lesser brew, then that is fine...
nezumi
I have a 6 gallon carboy of the holy elixir currently brewing in my fourth floor apartment.

Unfortunately, the step between a fermented carboy and portable bottles of drop beer is messy and a little wasteful.
eidolon
Any chance of getting the Drop Beer recipe? We're making a red next, but after that...

wink.gif
nezumi
Actually, my beer is pretty bad, dropped or otherwise. I can't figure out how to get the yeast to drop out, so it always has a yeasty flavor to it. My wife makes some excellent drop cider though. It's a lot more potent than it tastes, so it really drops on you when you're least expecting it. It is my hope to incorporate her drop cider with my drop beer to make something potent, delicious and that is one letter away from "drop bear". Perhaps if Drop Bears where friends with Drop Spiders or something, her cider would be better received. The most difficult part is working in the holy Eucalyptus. We are considering using Eucalyptus honey to make mead.

(If anyone wants my wife's cider recipe, I'm happy to post it since, like I said, it turned out very, very well. If anyone wants my beer recipe... I'd recommend waiting a few years until it tastes more like beer and less like bread.)
fistandantilus4.0
err... I have to work some OT on Tuesday. But since Elder Jray is back, he can cover for me. Nice ta' se ya'.
Magus
Tuesdays or Wednesdays are great for me! That is my weekend so that I may worship the Holy Bear with loads of Drop Beer.
Grinder
I can't on Tuesday (have to bring Drop Bears to Barsaive), but Wednesday is fine. But we're in different time zones, so maybe Brother Trigger can read the thread again and come up with the conclusion that both days are actually Tuesdays?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
come up with the conclusion that both days are actually Tuesdays?

*Robin* Holy Drop Bears Grinder! */Robin*
Grinder
rotfl.gif

I just had that idea after some Drop Beers. But I don't see a connection there. grinbig.gif
Trigger
*after partaking of many a Drop Beer*

I can certainly see that both days are Tuesdays now, in fact I am predicting a whole week of Tuesdays so that The Great Droppong can spread from here out and conquer the whole of the world, all on Tuesday! grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Just wanted to add that I have scarred yet another PC in game with the appeareance of the Grand Drop bear. The cahracter was traipsing through the outback, all happy to see a cute cuddly little koala, until it turned out to be a cute cuddly koala of drop-death. love.gif
Trigger
Just wanted to add that I have scarred yet another PC in game with the appeareance of the Grand Drop bear. The cahracter was traipsing through the outback, all happy to see a cute cuddly little koala, until it turned out to be a cute cuddly koala of drop-death. love.gif

Oooh...how cute....he is so fluffy and and soft...

He has even got these little hangs and claws, they are so precious

Oh what blood shot eyes you have, you must be so tired...

Here let me put you back up in your tree so you can nap

Isn't that better...see you later little guy

THUMP

Oh my god....the claws...THOSE EYES!!!!!.......

*squish squish*

*drop bear purr*
fistandantilus4.0
That's suprisingly close.

"Ahhh,... how cute.. it's a little beeeeaarr. ahhh..."

PC :I go over to it
GM :It looks back at you. As you make noises at it, it's mouth opens jsut a bit, revealing sharp fang like teeth. You then notice the very long black claws.

"uhhhh...""" PC:back up... slowly

*Cue bloodshed*
Angelone
Very nice fistandantilus3.0, very nice. Show those pesky PCs that they cannot defeat the most Holy Drop Bears, and that they should join the cause.

Those are joyous tidings Brother Trigger, a full week of Droppings will surely insure our victory.
fistandantilus4.0
A full week of Tuesdays....

Perhaps Tuesday should be the Drop Bear holy day or somethin'

Still waiting for a GM to let me play a drop bear shaman. Geased to have to expose me belly to cast of course. And addiction: Drop Beer Neg Quality. Awesome Mentor SPirit.
Fortune
Geased to have to expose me belly to cast of course.

That's a Care Bear shaman! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
nezumi
Aarrrggghhh!!! I'm such a fool!! New Year's Eve would have been perfect for drop bears! Imagine the big sparkly ball in NYC is replaced with a fake, hollow ball full of hungry drop bears! At precisely 12:01am, January 1st, it breaks open and tens or hundreds of the hungry troops fall upon unsuspecting New Yorkers below!
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jan 7 2007, 02:18 PM)
Geased to have to expose me belly to cast of course.

That's a Care Bear shaman! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

Drop Bear Care Shaman. Try saying that three times fast.
Grinder
QUOTE (nezumi)
Aarrrggghhh!!! I'm such a fool!! New Year's Eve would have been perfect for drop bears! Imagine the big sparkly ball in NYC is replaced with a fake, hollow ball full of hungry drop bears! At precisely 12:01am, January 1st, it breaks open and tens or hundreds of the hungry troops fall upon unsuspecting New Yorkers below!

No worries, many more New Year Eves will come.
Trigger
Just wait till the Fourth of July, I already have plans in the works to replace the firweorks here with drop bear launchers so that when people look to the skies for the fireworks they are instead met with the furry fury of my drop bear grade 1 initiates....hopefully a higher grade by then though.
fistandantilus4.0
grade 1 NINJA inititiates?
Trigger
grade 1 NINJA inititiates?

Is there any other kind? nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
*Mr. Burns*eeeexcelleeeent */Mr. Burns*
Fortune
So, would Care Bears that have been inflicted with HMHVV be converted into Scare Bears?

If they got religion, would they become Prayer Bears?
Trigger
And if they were into the 14th century would they be Faire Bears?
nezumi
A question for the elders, is there any relationship between drop bears and gummi bears? After all, gummi bears bounce here and there and everywhere, while drop bears drop here and there and everywhere. Is gummi bear juice the solution to our long reclimb times?
Grinder
QUOTE (nezumi)
Is gummi bear juice the solution to our long reclimb times?

Where's Brother Oracle with his eggheads of the R&D department?
The main problem with gummi bear juice is the fact that it lasts for a long time and the user jumps around all the time. Not a good idea when a Drop Bear wants to climb on a tree and remain their, waiting for its next prey.
Ophis
We could design some sort of collar to release it when they launched an attack.
Angelone
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jan 9 2007, 03:39 PM)
Is gummi bear juice the solution to our long reclimb times?

The main problem with gummi bear juice is the fact that it lasts for a long time and the user jumps around all the time. Not a good idea when a Drop Bear wants to climb on a tree and remain their, waiting for its next prey.

However, it also allows for one Drop Bear to take many drops in rapid succession therefore being able to take out more than one foe per ambush.
Trigger
Well, my squad out here have devised a very simple and low-tech means of overcoming the 'reclimb the tree issue'. We simply attached short lengths of bungee cord the drop bears so they hit the target then get pulled back up into their trees to do it again.
Fortune
Yo-Yo Bears.
Angelone
I see now Fortune, I come up with the bungee system and it's stupid. However, when Trigger comes up with it you roll with it,support it even. Knowing it has design flaws you try to encourage our new brother into folly. Bad IE, Bad.

Honestly I thought more of you.
Fortune
QUOTE (Angelone @ Jan 10 2007, 01:50 PM)
Honestly I thought more of you.

That's not my fault! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Angelone
You've won this round, elf. Remember this, as my Tanooki samurai drop tankers are overwhelming your defenses, and you feel that moment of shock which signals the Thumpening.
Oracle
QUOTE (Grinder)

As a matter of fact the heads of most researchers of R&D are shaped like cones...
Witness
*blink*

Everything's different!..

It's cold. And there are wolves after me.
Grinder
QUOTE (Oracle)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jan 9 2007, 05:19 PM)

As a matter of fact the heads of most researchers of R&D are shaped like cones...

Oh, mea culpa.

Do you have any suggestions for the juice topic?
Jame J
QUOTE (Witness)
*blink*

Everything's different!..

It's cold. And there are wolves after me.

Those aren't wolves. They're Hell Hounds, and they're angry!
Oracle
QUOTE (Grinder)
Do you have any suggestions for the juice topic?

Of course. Send out your troops to catch some gummi bears. After pressing them out I will have enough juice for experiments.
Fortune
Does putting on my copy of Floyd's Ummagumma while plopping a stuffed koala bear on top of my CD player help?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012