Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
nezumi
QUOTE (Angelone @ Mar 26 2009, 11:36 AM) *
They love the food here, especially the blutwurst.

Is that the sound a chubby German makes when you hit him?
Angelone
Close it's more like bluhwursp when you hit them. Maybe there's a connection.

I shall once again submerge myself in the holy text once I get a stable internet connection. It has been far too long.
fistandantilus4.0
A little heads up, and hope for the faithful; Ryu sent me a Drop Bear icon. I'm going to bug RedJack to see about getting it put into our icon list. biggrin.gif
Angelone
Having once more emersed myself in the sacred texts I feel a greater understanding of the universe, and kinda gassy, but that is niether here nor there.
Is there anyway I can help with the great works?
My droptankers are standing by.
fistandantilus4.0
Well, the break room is getting kinda messy. Those holy little bastards tend to leave a mess after chowin' "down" (pun intended). Maybe give it a good scrub down? Eh?
Angelone
The horror... you would not believe the things I've seen. Those terrible, horrible things. And the smell, unimaginable.

On the plus side I found about 2 dollars of change in the couch.
Ryu
Good! That will permit you to buy a bit of fuel for the first droptanker.

Did you happen to find brother PlainWhiteSocks in the couch, too? He hopefully waits for a juicy target somewhere high, out of signal range, but could also simply be lost and take a nap between the cushions.
Angelone
Brother PlainWhiteSocks? Tallish, shortish fellow? So that's what that was... No, I haven't seen him... now excuse me while I look though all the trashbags again for no apparent reason.
*Wanders off mumbling about some of the members hygiene.*
Angelone
Friends, Dropbears, countrymen! Lend me your ears and/or claws. I just noticed a Dropbear icon. Truly our day has come. Let the thumpings commence!
Ryu
So brother Fistandantilus has dropped on target. Well done.
nezumi
FanTASTic! So how come we can't insert them in the post proper yet?
nezumi
Some notes, brethren...

1) Why isn't this thread stickied? Someone needs to look into this.

2) I was reading Eclipse Phase (a role-playing game of post-apocalyptic transhuman conspiracy and horror) and it dawned on me - how will we leverage our great weapons without the great bowstring of gravity? The time will come when we too must follow our prey. How shall we propel ourselves to the attack?

3) BTW, I may be inducting another, secret member into our coven. He said he'd like to draw up SR4 stats and maps for our award-winning Shadowrun Adventure Module, A Drop Bear Adventure. If this goes ahead, we can perhaps reconsider our plans about submitting our propaganda piece for professional publication.
Martin_DeVries_Institute
I wasn't going to say anything, seeing how old this thread is, but then Nezumi resurrected it so I feel safe all the flames will go his way. wink.gif I was reading this thread and just happened to come across this 5-year-old comment...

QUOTE (Krazy @ Jun 16 2005, 05:01 PM) *
well, pine tres are sticky, but poplar sap is downright toxic... awakened toxic trees, this could be fun

Thought it quite entertaining, seeing as what's popped up in canon this last year.
Ryu
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 11 2010, 02:48 PM) *
Some notes, brethren...

1) Why isn't this thread stickied? Someone needs to look into this.

2) I was reading Eclipse Phase (a role-playing game of post-apocalyptic transhuman conspiracy and horror) and it dawned on me - how will we leverage our great weapons without the great bowstring of gravity? The time will come when we too must follow our prey. How shall we propel ourselves to the attack?

3) BTW, I may be inducting another, secret member into our coven. He said he'd like to draw up SR4 stats and maps for our award-winning Shadowrun Adventure Module, A Drop Bear Adventure. If this goes ahead, we can perhaps reconsider our plans about submitting our propaganda piece for professional publication.

1) This thread shall live an undead life on its own...

2) Space droptankers armed with catapults.

3) Suspiciously un-lazy. A fitting task for a fresh one.
Magus
We're BACK!!!!
Oracle
Ah! Brethren (and sisters, of course), good to see you all still alive and our furry but nefarious plans thriving.
Squiddy Attack
Nefarious plans -are- better if they're furry. It throws people off guard.

Edit: ...read... the whole... thread.

-collapses.-

111... pages... of... drop bears... need bandages!...
MortVent
*ponders talking to a friend that does art commissions... and use rule 34 on this thread topic... but that would just be evil... truely evil...
Caine Hazen
oh f-ing thread necromancy....

Who pulled the stake out of the thread's heart... hmm, fess up!!!
nezumi
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Jul 14 2010, 05:40 PM) *
Edit: ...read... the whole... thread.

-collapses.-

111... pages... of... drop bears... need bandages!...

I knew with a name like 'squiddy attack' you'd prove to be a person of taste.
Squiddy Attack
Yes. The taste. I... I can taste it now. It tastes... Like human-blood-soaked eucalyptus...
naga-nuyen
Real life story, my wife is from Melbourne and her friend visited....she is cute (very) and is like alot of Ausi women very independent. We were station in good old Fort Campbell and we go out to the Bar. We lose track of her for a min, and find her circled around about a group of 5-10 males from all walks of life (mostly military but some locals) and she has them all convinced that the drop bear population is a threat to Ausi's way of life. Man her story kept getting bigger (it seemed she was trained) and by the end of it she had promises from most of the guys not ever to visit Australia lol.

By the way the place is amazing, we went for a small hike (yes they said bush walk) and i saw a wild echidna, and what i was told on the trail the most rare animal of all a lyrebird...the guy on the trail was super excited told us (mostly his young son) that he had been hiking around Melbourne for 40+ years and has never seen one. If you have not heard of these birds they are near perfect mimics....here machine gun...they sound like the gun....sane as chainsaw, types of music instruments, just crazy. That is why they are so rare to see; because they sound just like any other animal in the woods you cannot track them by their sound.
nemafow
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jun 17 2005, 01:53 PM) *
Is anyone else worried that the drop bears thread has made it to 3 pages?

Is anyone else worried that the drop bears thread has made it to 111 pages?

Edit: and yes Australia is awesome, its just very hard to find players unless you live in WA (nothing else to do over there)
nezumi
Next step - 1,111 pages! Drop Bear Troops, make it so!
pbangarth
QUOTE (nezumi @ Aug 13 2010, 07:51 AM) *
Next step - 1,111 pages! Drop Bear Troops, make it so!
I'm curious about 666.
Squiddy Attack
Don't you mean 999?
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (naga-nuyen @ Aug 12 2010, 01:56 PM) *
By the way the place is amazing, we went for a small hike (yes they said bush walk) and i saw a wild echidna, and what i was told on the trail the most rare animal of all a lyrebird...the guy on the trail was super excited told us (mostly his young son) that he had been hiking around Melbourne for 40+ years and has never seen one. If you have not heard of these birds they are near perfect mimics....here machine gun...they sound like the gun....sane as chainsaw, types of music instruments, just crazy. That is why they are so rare to see; because they sound just like any other animal in the woods you cannot track them by their sound.

yeah, I remember seeing some animal documentary show where they did a feature on the lyrebird. Pretty crazy stuff.
kanislatrans
That's not a typo in paragraph 2

The things wives will let you get away with once the Demerol kicks in...*grin*
pbangarth
Wow.
nezumi
I don't have a facebook account. What's it say??
pbangarth
The newspaper announcement says the kid has a middle name, "Dropbear".
kanislatrans
The wife shot down Dunklezahn, Lofwyr, and Harlequin. If baby had been a girl I had the go ahead for Nadja Daviar. As it is, I liked Dropbear because when folks give me the "WTF??" look I just tell them that Dropbear was the Sioux warrior credited with shooting George A. Custer. *grin*
Angelone
I like you. Lol, great name.

These Lyrebirds are giving me ideas.
naga-nuyen
these suckers are amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y
nezumi
You had me up until the chainsaws. Now I'm wondering if it's a crazy April Fool's Day gag. How could any creature which is so soft and tasty walk around our native eucalyptus forests sounding like a chainsaw? I don't think it would last long.
Squiddy Attack
Well, who wants to mess with a bird with a chainsaw? nyahnyah.gif
Tyro
I just noticed that the last post on this thread was months ago. This thread must not be allowed to die!

*mutters unintelligibly for a bit*

RISE! RISE, AND BE REBORN!

(What's worse than carnivorous/vampiric koalas? Carnivorous/vampiric koala ZOMBIES!)
Sixgun_Sage
My girlfriend let me dress as a dropbear for halloween, I really should make it official before she comes to senses and leaves me for someone who can't make a fort out of defunct gaming products...
Tyro
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Feb 8 2011, 11:34 AM) *
My girlfriend let me dress as a dropbear for halloween, I really should make it official before she comes to senses and leaves me for someone who can't make a fort out of defunct gaming products...

You're a lucky man. Assuming you're male, that is.
nezumi
Hrrmmm.... I'm wondering if I should rewrite Bear With Me: A Drop Bear Adventure for Eclipse Phase - immortal, zero-g transbears!
Tyro
QUOTE (nezumi @ Feb 9 2011, 06:56 AM) *
Hrrmmm.... I'm wondering if I should rewrite Bear With Me: A Drop Bear Adventure for Eclipse Phase - immortal, zero-g transbears!

O.o
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Tyro @ Feb 9 2011, 04:34 AM) *
You're a lucky man. Assuming you're male, that is.

I am, on both counts.... despite the way my girl bothers over my hair, Half think she believes I'm Vega from Street Fighter....
Tyro
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Feb 11 2011, 07:36 AM) *
I am, on both counts.... despite the way my girl bothers over my hair, Half think she believes I'm Vega from Street Fighter....

My hair comes down below my shoulder blades, and until recently I had a wife and a fiance. Try having two women fussing over hair more than a foot in length.
nezumi
Wife AND a fiance?

I'm starting to rethink my stance on Seattle...
Squiddy Attack
Hey, don't knock long hair. It's gooood. ork.gif
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Tyro @ Feb 11 2011, 02:15 PM) *
My hair comes down below my shoulder blades, and until recently I had a wife and a fiance. Try having two women fussing over hair more than a foot in length.

Before I went in to the service it was down to the middle of my back, used to wake up in class in high school to find it in various braids.
Tyro
QUOTE (nezumi @ Feb 11 2011, 01:03 PM) *
Wife AND a fiance?

I'm starting to rethink my stance on Seattle...

We have our share of squares, but there are a lot of cool people in the Seattle area.
Ryu
QUOTE (Tyro @ Feb 12 2011, 05:23 PM) *
We have our share of squares, but there are a lot of cool people in the Seattle area.

*blink* Lot of cool targets... oh, Seattle. False alarm. *snore*
Tyro
QUOTE (Ryu @ Jun 7 2011, 12:46 PM) *
*blink* Lot of cool targets... oh, Seattle. False alarm. *snore*

Huh?
Ryu
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 7 2011, 10:53 PM) *
Huh?

Tasty brains, but not within my drop area...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012