Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Grinder
Yeah! Post 798 by me, nice. smile.gif

nezumi
What, we beat Infiltration challenge?
Grinder
Exactly.

Seems you didn't believe we can do this? That's close to heresy. eek.gif
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Grinder)
3) Spreading fear as Evil Drop Bear Overlord & High Priests isn't satisfying when there are no people left to terrorize.

There are always the Red Obsidimen of Mars.
Grinder
I was thinking of good-looking women... and men for our female members (which didn't show up until now).
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Grinder)
I was thinking of good-looking women... and men for our female members (which didn't show up until now).

Remember our National Anthem. Drop Bear women. Drop Bear women.

Grinder
Good-looking women to terrorize, Drop Bear women for... well, i leave that to your imagination.
PlainWhiteSocks
Why stop at Mars? Jupiter has much more gravity, so would increase the overall effectiveness of the drop part of the Ninja Drop Bears. All we have to do is breed steel eucalyptus trees. rotate.gif
hyzmarca
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
Why stop at Mars? Jupiter has much more gravity, so would increase the overall effectiveness of the drop part of the Ninja Drop Bears. All we have to do is breed steel eucalyptus trees. rotate.gif

We'd need much more that steel for those trees. Jupiter also doesn't have a ground. It is a gas giant, emphasis on gas. besides, Mars is closer. Now... we could set up a base on Europa and transform Jupiter into a small star using the power of a giant black monolith.
nezumi
If we had VERY VERY TALL trees, they would go all the way through Jupiter, and we could move there successfully (barring the incredible gravity, corrosive atmosphere, terrible sandstorms and lack of food and water. But I'm sure we'll sort those out when we get there.)
Fortune
Just a note to say that this is not the longest thread on Dumpshock just yet. McMackie's NSRCG thread still has quite a lead. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
blakkie
Roughly 140 posts isn't much of a lead. However if you are going outside this forum there are some MASSIVE threads in the Welcome to the Shadows forum. Threads that are still actively growing.
hyzmarca
A quick search reveals that no post in Welcome to the Shadows contains the term "drop bear" or "drop bears." As a result, they don't count.

I am not pleased.
Jrayjoker
All right, we need a drop bear conspiracy game over there RIGHT NOW!

Well, soon anyway.

Well, sometime would be nice, you know. Whenever.

<<Shrug>>
PBTHHHHT
Oh my gosh... That would be hilarious.
At least have the drop bears make an appearance in any of the current games over there... *hint* *hint* wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (nezumi)
Also, I think Jray would lose his support without Chinese food, and our organization would crumble.

I'll second that. *hint FREAKING HINT JRAY!*

PBTHHHHT: I've started a ED campaing in there, I'll be sure to throw one in once my one player hits a jungle. Just to weird him out.
Jrayjoker
Man! I have got to go to Utah and lay a beat down on the Chinese restaurants there. None of them are getting the delivery right! I have sent food out to you twice now.

Time for the upper midwest nordic immigrant drop bear lutefisk brigade to whup a little Utah @$$.
Grinder
You can get help by us, the german chapter. We can send you a platoon of German Albino Ninja Drop Bears to support your troops in this rightful expedition.
Jrayjoker
Righteous retribution from the Drop Bear Army! Solidarity!
DocMortand
Sorry, I can't add my platoon to the righteous expedition. I recently got in a shipment of eucalyptus leaves, and I haven't been able to get their attention for the past week.

In a week they're run out, and I can join the crusade...but until then I'm kinda stuck, sorry.
hyzmarca
I shall send all of my Drop Bears who are not digging up undead 80's cartoon monsters. I wish I could spare more, but D-Com-Pose is integral to our plan. His ability to turn anyone he touches into a giant zombie is necessary to create giant zombie drop bears.
Jrayjoker
Oh, well sure. Yeah. I understand. Eucalyptis leaves and big-ass zombies take precedence. I'm cool with that.
Grinder
The more diverse our Drop Bear Army is, the better. Giant Zombie Ninja Ghoul Drop Bears are a welcome addition to our forces. ... As long as they stay away from my home country.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
I shall send all of my Drop Bears who are not digging up undead 80's cartoon monsters. I wish I could spare more, but D-Com-Pose is integral to our plan. His ability to turn anyone he touches into a giant zombie is necessary to create giant zombie drop bears.

I shall dig up the Inhumanoids! biggrin.gif
PlainWhiteSocks
The contingent of Commando Ninja Drop Bear Clerics and Prophets from the Temple in Cal Free are ready to march in the righteous Utah chinese restaurant beat down expedition. Might take us a few weeks to get there. Half of them are still trying to figure out how to plant eucalyptus on Europa, and the other half are watching the new Danger Mouse DVD set.
Grinder
Drop Bear Clerics? That's a dangerous path to walk, brother. History showed that sooner or later a faith/ chruch split up and i don't want our Drop Bear forces to turn against their masters (=us) becuase of some famous Drop Bear Clerics who confused them with false ideas and heresy. So better take care of the Clerics and rely on Commando Ninja Drop Bears only?
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (Grinder)
Drop Bear Clerics? That's a dangerous path to walk, brother. History showed that sooner or later a faith/ chruch split up and i don't want our Drop Bear forces to turn against their masters (=us) becuase of some famous Drop Bear Clerics who confused them with false ideas and heresy. So better take care of the Clerics and rely on Commando Ninja Drop Bears only?

Oh but the Clerics show the most dedication to the Drop Bear cause. They're beyond borderline fanatical, and have ventured into true zealot territory. I think it’s something in the beer.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

Heh, oh geez. I missed the hint and just instantly thought of the inhumanoids when you said 80's cartoons. I think when you said d'compose, it just subconsiously made me think of the inhumanoids. Man, that was an interesting cartoon for kids. I just thought when you said undead, well, all the 80's cartoon characters are undead at this point. nyahnyah.gif

Carry on with the digging!
hyzmarca
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
QUOTE (Grinder)

Oh but the Clerics show the most dedication to the Drop Bear cause. They're beyond borderline fanatical, and have ventured into true zealot territory. I think it’s something in the beer.

Drop Bear Grammaton Clerics, that's what we need.
blakkie
That's what EVERYONE needs, because people are just too damn violent to other people.
Grinder
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)

See, we found their weakness: they need a steady supply of Drop Beer! A lot of devoted Drop Bear troops can be endangered when the Drop Beer is delivered (via airplane and then dropped) and all that for some Drop Bear Clerics? Nah, i'm not fine with that. What if the enemies of our Drop Bear religion somehow find this weakness and poison the beer?
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Oct 13 2005, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks @ Oct 13 2005, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (Grinder)

Eeeek! I'm afraid to ask what style they practice... Drop-fu? nyahnyah.gif

edit: The movie wasn't too bad. I thought it was kinda silly at times, but still, a fun action movie.
fistandantilus4.0
JJ: Stiiiilllllll waiting..... noooooo chinese..... nooooo Drop Bear Liberation Army. Only albino I see is my boss........ nooooooo undead legions....... (probaly have a hard time in religio-centro Utah anyways though).Try Drop Pandas. Probaly work better at delivering Panda Express anyways. And thanks for the noble effort guys. I thikn the legions got distracted at the landing in California. They have Eucalptus tress there too. This is why we send scouts first generally.
hyzmarca
*Launches drop bear paratroopers with a giant slingshot make from a y-shaped Eucalptus tree and rubber surgical tubing*

Unity Drop Brothers! Viva le Revolution!
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Oct 13 2005, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks @ Oct 13 2005, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (Grinder)

Eeeek! I'm afraid to ask what style they practice... Drop-fu? nyahnyah.gif

edit: The movie wasn't too bad. I thought it was kinda silly at times, but still, a fun action movie.

You have a point. But I'm not going to be the one to try to take the beer from the Drop Bears. I may be crazy, but... well ok I'm crazy, but I'm still not gonna attempt it.
Ophis
We seem to have/need plenty of beer. I feel we are however lacking entertainment(beyond this thread).

I have recently taken into my stable of bands. The fabulous DROP BEAR LOVE!!!!! We shall have a new front in our battle for world domination. First I intend to send them on one of those Pop Idol type shows, to kill Simon Cowell... Then its Brittany after that and.. and...(falls over frothing)
Foreigner
Oh, dear.

It would appear that this thread has claimed another victim. frown.gif

Poor Ophis is showing signs of sanity....

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
fistandantilus4.0
at least he has some admirable goals. It's good to have goals, even ones resulting in homicide. Gives ya' somethin' ta aim for and all that. Pun intended.
Ophis
Any thoughts on what style of music they should play? What bands should they sound like?

They will definatly do do a version of our anthem though.
fistandantilus4.0
ska
nezumi
Polka.

Oh! Punk! That way they can have a mosh pit where they jump up and drop on each other.
Grinder
Hardcore - for the unity and the heavy moshpits.
Shrapnel
They would have to be an Oompa band, of course! grinbig.gif
DocMortand
Favorite Drop Bear band:

They Might Be Drop Bears.
DocMortand
BTW, just had to add - I put my runners through a sewer run (clean out areas that have been claiming sewer workers) and there was some escaped zoo animals down there. While they were checking out the local zoo I listed off a LOOONG list of missing animals (damn PETA!) and Drop Bears was prominent among them...

I didn't think They would go into sewers, tho - trees, yes...sewers no.
Grinder
The runners probably don't expect Drop Bear attacks in the sewers, so take them by surprise. If alligators can live in sewers (in NYC), Drop Bears can too.
brohopcp
A drop bear dropped on me in my shower once. After sustaining massive brain tissue loss, I managed to flush it down a toilet . I guess that's how they could end up in the sewers. It also explains my current intelligence.
Grinder
Consider yourself lucky to survive an attack by this creatures.

nezumi
My kid had a pet drop bear. He got it when it was just a cub (or a kitten or a foal, or whatever baby drop bears are). It doubled in size within a year and it didn't fit in the little 10-gallon aquarium we had bought. The cheap, plastic trees kept collapsing under its weight, too. We didn't complain much when the damn next door neighbors disappeared or my wife's cat, but when it ate Pebbles... Well, that was the last straw. I figured I couldn't put the sweet thing down. I mean it was just too cute. So we flushed it on down, hoping it would have better luck there...
Grinder
biggrin.gif

Fortune mentioned the idea of Full-Body Camouflag Condoms.... Do they help versus Drop Bears?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012