Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Mr.Platinum
You people make it sound like drop bears did'nt origanate from a Virus, but somthing greater, kinda like war of the worlds or something.
Club
Dear #$%^&*(!@#$ Gods, this thread is still going?
tisoz
It had been inactive a day and a half before you renewed it.

Or was that your plan...Hmmm...
DocMortand
QUOTE (tisoz)
It had been inactive a day and a half before you renewed it.

Or was that your plan...Hmmm...

HERESY!
tisoz
Well, you never did forgive me after the last time I was denounced as a heretic.
Grinder
You never convinced us of your innocence.
PBTHHHHT
I'll have my inquisitor teams assembled for a drop. Lessee, how many do we need to put to the question? Some of my drop bears really want to test out the new flamethrowers, they seem to have a liking to charred meat, crunchy on the outside, raw on the inside...
Grinder
Kissed by the flame. biggrin.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 19 2006, 03:08 PM)

Yeah, I read where that was a problem with inquisition, or any witch hunt.

Here are some names though:
fistandantilus3.0
Jrayjoker
DocMortand
Oracle
PBTHHHHT
hyzmarca
nezumi no not his brother
nezumi
Ophis
Nikoli
PlainWhiteSocks
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate

Because inquisitions always want names, right?
nezumi
That's the mailing list for the free money, right? Because if not, uhh... Well I have a brother named nezumi too and I think he might be responsible for any problems.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (tisoz)

fistandantilus3.0
Jrayjoker
DocMortand
Oracle
tisoz
hyzmarca
nezumi
Ophis
Nikoli
PlainWhiteSocks

fixed. Your attempt at including the inquisition itself within the list is humorous. We shall be watching you...
tisoz
I named myself???

D'oh!!!
Oracle
Hm, I don't know why, but the Orbital Drop Bear Launch Facilities seem to have a small malfunction. They always keep locking on brother tisoz location...and I just ordered Helmut Kohl, the former German chancellor to be loaded as ammunition...hmm, that problem started when my name appeared on a certain list...strange...
tisoz
If something were to happen to me, the list would stand as is. There could be no possibility of persuading me to recant the list.

QUOTE (PBTHHHT)
fistandantilus3.0
Jrayjoker
DocMortand
Oracle
tisoz
hyzmarca
nezumi
Ophis
Nikoli
PlainWhiteSocks

Brother PBTHHHHT only succeeded in offering yet another list, which unfortunately corroborates almost all the names from my list. Surely this corroborates my assertion of his heretical bearing.
PBTHHHHT
Everyone is always under suspicion. We keep vigilance for anyone who will deviate from the true path. That you are submitting my name on the list means that you have something to hide and wish to instead put suspicion upon me. I see your game tisoz and these power plays to control the Drop Bear movement is clear to us all. My units shall be watching you and intelligence gathering units have all ready been sent to investigate whether or not you are still on the true path...
Grinder
QUOTE (tisoz)
I named myself???

D'oh!!!

rotfl.gif

That shows the value of your list. And adding our prophet Gyro to it... tsss... You're obviously no part of a bigger heretic conspiration, otherwise you would have chosen the names more carefully.
But you'll remain under watch of our Drop Bear Inquisition Special Commandos.
Oracle
*having a finger over a blinking read button with "DO NOT PUSH" written on it*

May I? May I? Please, may I?
PlainWhiteSocks
I'm on the list for a visit from the inquisition? Too bad I'm so low on the list, I wanted to personally thank them for bringing the heretic Tisoz out of hiding. I also wanted to give them a new supply of blood soaked eucalyptus candles to strengthen there will against the countless other targets that must come under their watchful eye.

Until we can meet again, stand vigilant inquisitors for yours is the task of the righteous and the burning sword to be thrust into the hearts of our enemies!

DigitalSoul
What kind of R&D might you be doin in Fullerton? The clerics of the temple here are ready to assist in any way they can. We are always ready to further and serve the cause.

Brother Oracle push the button, what's the worst that can happen?
tisoz
QUOTE (Oracle @ Feb 20 2006, 03:35 AM)
*having a finger over a blinking read button with "DO NOT PUSH" written on it*

May I? May I? Please, may I?

See, brother Oracle wishes to push the button of Total Deniability, destroying all records of the drop bear cospiracy brotherhood. When the poison pill package is released, it shall trigger the annihilation of all the trained drop bear troops.

QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks @ Feb 20 2006, 03:51 AM)
...I also wanted to give them a new supply of blood soaked eucalyptus candles...

Blood soaked eucalyptus candles, or poisoned blood soaked eucalyptus candles? Hmm??? Already they anticipate the release of the poison package.
nezumi
Hmm... This new list does look more accurate. So when's the witch burning? I'll bring the marshmallows.

QUOTE (PBTHHHT)
fistandantilus3.0
Jrayjoker
DocMortand
Oracle
tisoz
hyzmarca
nezumi
Ophis
Nikoli
PlainWhiteSocks

Oracle
Elders, Brethren, Novices! Ones again some infid...heretics try to stop the revolution from within! But do we allow them to stop us? I say no!
Grinder
Our Inquisition forces are still on duty and erase every heretic thought (and member). So no worries, Brother Oracle.

I still don't think that we should take the list of supposed heretic tisoz too serious.
DigitalSoul
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
DigitalSoul
What kind of R&D might you be doin in Fullerton? The clerics of the temple here are ready to assist in any way they can. We are always ready to further and serve the cause.

Not so much down in Fullerton as I have commandeered an Irivine tech support center building for my uses. My work mearly is for tech research with a heavy emphasis on matrix science. I am in need of some...assistants for my projects, some that are available for transfer on an extended length of time.

I assure you that no holes will be drilled for 'jacks and no implants will take place in this research without authorization from any elder(s). Sanity, mental faculties, and possibly life, though, cannot be fully guaranteed for whom you send.
stevebugge
I think I have discovered something for your research, would not Drop Down Lists be the natural habitat for online Drop Bears?
DigitalSoul
QUOTE (stevebugge)
I think I have discovered something for your research, would not Drop Down Lists be the natural habitat for online Drop Bears?

Hmm, interesting perspective...

The metaphor is fitting for the DBC, I will take this into account when testing/adjusting the reality filters.
Oh, I'm being marked for death again.
How typical.
Oracle
Only by the ínfid...er...heretic!
Magus
Brethren, my troops are now up and running at 100% peak efficiancy. All of Orlando Maimi and Tampa Ports are under our dominiation. I ask thee what shall I do now? Shall I move some commando ninja surfer pirates to watch o'er the heretical Tisoz? I await thy summons.
tisoz
I await the launch from the port of Orlando. smile.gif
DocMortand
Don't feel bad, Gyro, the heretic marked me as well.

Oh how they shall rue this till the end of their days....

*sends his drop bear legions to invade Brazil*
Jrayjoker
Hmmm, the Profit, the Illustrious leader, and almost all the elders. Somone is planning a coup!

[ Spoiler ]
tisoz
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Feb 21 2006, 01:03 PM)
Don't feel bad, Gyro, the heretic marked me as well.

Oh how they shall rue this till the end of their days....

*sends his drop bear legions to invade Brazil*

Feel not too bad, the heretic, PBTHHHT, named me as well as you.

This information just discovered: Proud <CLASSIFIED HERETIC> of the Drop Bear Thread
stevebugge
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Hmmm, the Profit, the Illustrious leader, and almost all the elders. Somone is planning a coup!

[ Spoiler ]

This creates a very difficult question, if you turn a Drop Bear upside down will it fall up?
Grinder
Only if it would result in a better position to attack wink.gif

About the coup: i'm sure our Drop Bear Secret Police is on alert and tries everything to uncover the heretics who plan the coup.
DigitalSoul
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Feb 23 2006, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Feb 21 2006, 12:08 PM)

[ Spoiler ]

This creates a very difficult question, if you turn a Drop Bear upside down will it fall up?

Hmm, facinating hypothesis...

We'll need to find a properly large cat and an enclosed space to test the feasability of this (almost) perpetual-motion machine. I'm off to the kennel!

Process:

Cat tied back-to-back (cat facing up initially) with one of our drop bears (in this case a runt will do best) will then be dropped from a predetermined height of around 3 meters within an enclosed area.

Greatest desireable outcome:

Cat turns sideways to land on all 4s, drop bear turns upside down and exerts influence to fall up towards the ceiling, cat turns again to land on all 4s, drop bear turns upside down to exert influence again, process repeats until cat gets tired and gets crushed on either ceiling or floor.

Least desireable outcome:

Drop bear fails to exert influence and smashes face-first into the floor (whatever it could be made from).
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (tisoz)

fistandantilus3.0
Jrayjoker
DocMortand
Oracle
PBTHHHHT
hyzmarca
nezumi
Ophis
Nikoli
PlainWhiteSocks

tisoz tisoz tisoz, tsk tsk tsk

naming gyro, jray, doc and I? AND PlainWhiteSocks!? All of us have proved our devotion to the cause, and nearly half lf those you named are elders. I don' t think that we need to hear any more. You did some good work with the fiction contest but obviously your heart isn't with the Drop Movement . I won't go so far as to say that you're actually working with the DIEFOC-ers (my own personal conspiracy theory), but really, you should have know better.
tisoz
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
tisoz tisoz tisoz, tsk tsk tsk

naming gyro, jray, doc and I? AND PlainWhiteSocks!? All of us have proved our devotion to the cause, and nearly half lf those you named are elders. I don' t think that we need to hear any more. You did some good work with the fiction contest but obviously your heart isn't with the Drop Movement . I won't go so far as to say that you're actually working with the DIEFOC-ers (my own personal conspiracy theory), but really, you should have know better.

At last the true underminer of the DB thread comes forward. Did you think I had forgotten it was you who declared me a heretic? A declaration that was never dismissed? Even after it was I who nominated the single digit brothers to Elder status?

The original plot to have me declared a heretic was promoted by you, fistandantilus3.0, after you tried bending the holy facts to promote your own standing as Elder (please re-read the entire thread to find where you proposed you and another Elder combined were more actively promoting the cause than everyone else combined.)

I am sorry that under the brutal forces of the inquisition I broke and named names. But there was a method to my madness. I needed to show the brethren, especially the Elders, how easily one could be denounced a heretic, and how difficult it was defending oneself from such a charge.

What perfect timing for you to come forward and try to seal my fate. You, fistandantilus3.0, who have climbed the hierarchy on the backs of those you denounced. No doubt you saw an opportunity for a coup while the Elders were in disarray. But you have been found out. You are no Proud Elder #19 of the Drop Bear Thread, only Failed Usurper #19 of the Drop Bear Thread.

The facts are before you, Elders. I beseech you to see my innocence of these vile accusations by the Usurper. Please, re-read the thread until that becomes unquestionably obvious.
fistandantilus4.0
wow, I feel caught up in some great melodrama.

I remember the post, as it was, IIRC, Grinder and I had 100+ posts. You'll notice, however , that my supposed ladder climbing , as you assert, is rather unlikely, as I haven't poster on this page in some time. The Drop Bear Conspiracy and it's expansion are beyond me. It's grown past what I can do. I live in Utah, and with the entrenched order here (as well as a lack of trees, or surf, or orbital platforms) the drop bears have little to work with. So I've stepped aside and let othe more worthies come forward. You, tisoz, are not worthy of the Drop Bear. You've done good works, don't get the impression that I'm a critic of yours, or even that I don't like you. The opposite is true. I've always enjoyed your posts, except for where they touch into Drop-dogma. But you don't seem to be Drop Bear material. It's nothign to be ashamed of. I myself stepped aside sot that the holy campaign can continue without me to slow it down.

If you'll recall, Kagentenshi was the Usurper. I have always supported those above me. Grinder and Jray, whom you so viciously name to get fingers pointed away from you. The only people I ever named for the inquisition were you and , IIRC, Mr Platinum. The Inqusiotion apparently works slowly.

let us both do the honorable thing and stand aside, to let the Drop Bear Conspiracy continue without us, to grow to what it can be at it's greatest, without our infighting to drag it down.

Oracle
For me, as an Elder, the case is clear...it is time for some Drop Beer! Free beer for everyone!
Grinder
The Drop Bear Conspiracy and it's expansion are beyond me. It's grown past what I can do.

We still need you as a spiritual advisor. You can't simply stop to be an Elder.
nezumi
QUOTE (DigitalSoul)
Cat tied back-to-back (cat facing up initially) with one of our drop bears (in this case a runt will do best) will then be dropped from a predetermined height of around 3 meters within an enclosed area.

Most likely outcome:

Drop bear eats cat. Drop bear lands on floor. Drop bear eats experimenting scientists.

tisoz
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 24 2006, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Feb 24 2006, 01:41 PM)
The Drop Bear Conspiracy and it's expansion are beyond me. It's grown past what I can do.

Didn't he just proclaim himself an elder, just as he proclaimed me a heretic? Neither having clear basis?
Brahm
QUOTE (tisoz @ Feb 24 2006, 11:38 AM)

Didn't he just proclaim himself an elder, just as he proclaimed me a heretic? Neither having clear basis?

This is a thread whose character and make-up is defined by an utter void of clear basis.
stevebugge
In the DBC Logic = Heresy
(except when it doesn't)
PBTHHHHT
Such convoluted logic... My inquisition flame troops grow weary with all this jabbering. We shall flush the heretics out... with fire!!!
stevebugge
So heretics weigh the same as Duck? Brilliant! *toasts with dropbeer*
PlainWhiteSocks
So tisoz named names under the pressure of the Drop Bear Inquisitors. Fantastic news! Good job PBTHHHHT. It's good to know that the Inquisition is working as a finely honed machine of information gathering, and heretic routing. Keep up the good work, and may your holy flamethrowers burn hot and bright.

smile.gif
PBTHHHHT
I live (drop) to serve the cause...
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (tisoz)

Short answer: no
Long answer: nyahnyah.gif
DocMortand
Short answer: no
Long answer: nyahnyah.gif

I dunno if your long answer isn't any longer than the short answer, unless you are claiming to have a tongue like a snake.

On second thought, we could just drop fist and tisoz, and the last to hit the ground properly would be the heretic. biggrin.gif

Any seconds to the motion?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012