Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Grinder
The time a novice needs to read the complete thread is not important.
nezumi
It is true, for the thread transcends time, rises above it, that it may best drop back onto it and tear open its skull like a cheap tin of spam.
Kyoto Kid
...eloquently said.
oceansoul
QUOTE (Trigger @ Jul 1 2008, 07:29 AM) *
Two Days! TWO DAYS!!!??? Upon my return to the thread after my hiatus I made it my main goal to reread the entirety of the holy scriptures. 8 hours and a pint of blood from my eyes later I was finished. Two days is mediocre brother...go back and do it again and don't stop for the bleeding that ocurs. If you are worthy the holiness of the words will carry you through, if not then know that you are dying a much kinder death than the Inquisition would offer you.

Ah but much of the delay in finishing this holy thread was the fault of a lovely young lady. It is my belief that the truths contained within this place are better served by my humbly spreading the message, than my death by angry lady.
Trigger
QUOTE (oceansoul @ Jul 5 2008, 06:43 PM) *
Ah but much of the delay in finishing this holy thread was the fault of a lovely young lady. It is my belief that the truths contained within this place are better served by my humbly spreading the message, than my death by angry lady.

Now if that had been said in the first place my ire would not have been so...ire-ful.... ohplease.gif

I too understand the needs of lovely young ladies and their call for some of the devoted to leave the great Thread of Drop. I have, on occasion, been called from my duties here to attend to the 'needs' of one of the fairer sex. Just be careful about how often it occurs, you don't want the Elders to think that the Holy Drop comes second to some non Drop Bear. wink.gif
PBTHHHHT
Brethren PBTHHHHT reporting from Tokyo near the Shinegawa station. The visit to Tokyo tower was fruitful, excellent location and height for drop bears to make their drops. wink.gif

Analysis of the deer in Nara has been complete. The deer population are cunning and have charmed the local population into revering them, protecting them from harm and even feed them. They are the main threat to drop bear incursions in that region.

* In Tokyo right now for vacation, if one ever visits the city, they have got to visit Tokyo Tower and see the city at night from there.
Cardul
And, here we see the first Drop Bear!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25681756/
Trigger
QUOTE (Cardul @ Jul 15 2008, 08:47 PM) *
And, here we see the first Drop Bear!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25681756/

QUOTE (MSN NBC)
Lucky will stay at the hospital, set up by the late television wildlife and crocodile crusader Steve Irwin, for 45 days to recover from his experience and receive treatment for a chlamydial infection.

Chlamydial? Uh Huh.... Sounds like the first strains of HMHVV to me....
DocTaotsu
Mmm yes... 60 mph certainly is getting closer to the holy drops terminal velocity.

Soon... soon...
nezumi
A shame his aim was off. Should he have successfully hit the cabin, he could have driven his comrades to the city for the next stage. Alas, soon...
nezumi
Alright, who is responsible for this?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...18122012AAVo5RR

(I initially saw this on the Colbert Report. Quite commendable. I'm sure that particular scout is overlooking St. Peter's Square as we speak. Or perhaps better yet, hiding under the pope's hat!)

Edit: Should be clear, on Colbert Report, the news is that some Australians gave the Pope a grey kitten, which had consequently disappeared. However, the footage Colbert showed was what I linked to (well, that's a still frame from said footage).
Jrayjoker
I am back. What did I miss?
nezumi
Not the poor sod standing below you, I hope. Haha!
nezumi
I give my 4,000th post to the Great Bears' Revolution.

I'm still looking for people to help me with the drop bear adventure, especially the end and the SR4 conversions, if there are any takers. The lack of an ending is making me sad.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jul 16 2008, 09:56 AM) *
A shame his aim was off. Should he have successfully hit the cabin, he could have driven his comrades to the city for the next stage. Alas, soon...

...only a matter of time...
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jul 28 2008, 04:15 PM) *
I am back. What did I miss?

Me too.... and I dunno. 'Prolly more Drop Beer and Heretics.
Fortune
Just ...

... sad!
Mickle5125
so I got about 4 pages in before I bothered to check how long this was...

YOu guys are effing amazing. and pricelessly funny
fistandantilus4.0
You should have kept reading. It gets deliriously funny once you're around page 50 or so. Bring eye drops. You'll need 'em.
Ryu
QUOTE (tisoz @ Dec 20 2005, 10:40 PM) *
Brought to you by the Proud Keeper of the Numbers for the Drop Bear Thread because PiXeL01's sig was irritating me:

Member #, Member Name, Posts
1 Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate 34
2 Bigity 1
3 Jrayjoker 132
4 Nikoli 39
5 DocMortand 86
6 Grinder 193
7 Angelone 23
8 Ancient History 1
9 SpasticTeapot 5
10 Doctor Funkenstein 2
11 SkeevePlowse 1
12 Plan B 18
13 Enigma 1
14 Reaver 1
15 littlesean 2
16 Req 3
17 Krazy 3
18 Kiedo 1
19 fistandantilus 3.0 171
20 mmu1 2
21 Mortax 14
22 BookWyrm 10
23 Shrapnel 3
24 Eyeless Blond 1
25 Supercilious 1
26 Aku 9
27 nezumi 39
28 Kagetenshi 11
29 PBTHHHHT 53
30 Edward 1
31 Bastard 3
32 Foreigner 25
33 Birdy 2
34 Thomas 1
35 Trax 6
36 hyzmarca 62
37 Kremlin KOA 1
38 lorthazar 2
39 ShadowDragon8685 2
40 wagnern 1
41 Panzergeist 1
42 bclements 1
43 Canis 7
44 bit buckethead 1
45 Hoondatha 2
46 Da9iel 1
47 Club 1
48 Sabosect 1
49 Tal 2
50 Heimdall 1
51 TokenFemme 1
52 psykotisk overlegen 3
53 Toshiaki 4
54 Oracle 81
55 Sketchy 8
56 evil1i 2
57 Drop Bear Prime 3
58 TheMoto42 1
59 Apathy 2
60 Austere Emancipator 1
61 JongWK 1
62 Ryu 6
63 Shadow Prophet 2
64 PlainWhiteSocks 26
65 martingothard 1
66 toturi 1
67 Fortune 26
68 Ophis 24
69 brohopcp 12
70 blakkie 7
71 maneius 1
72 Herald of Verjigorm 2
73 Lindt 1
74 tisoz 5
75 Aardvark892 1
76 Valentinew 8
77 Sicarius 1
78 Siege 2
79 Eggs 4
80 Jaxz 1
81 PiXeL01 16
82 Miyu 1
83 stevebugge 1
84 Toptomcat 1

And alphabetically:

75 Aardvark892, 26 Aku, 8 Ancient History, 7 Angelone, 59 Apathy, 60 Austere Emancipator, 31 Bastard, 42 bclements, 2 Bigity, 33 Birdy, 44 bit buckethead, 70 blakkie, 22 BookWyrm, 69 brohopcp, 43 Canis, 47 Club, 46 Da9iel, 5 DocMortand, 10 Doctor Funkenstein, 57 Drop Bear Prime, 30 Edward, 79 Eggs, 13 Enigma, 56 evil1i, 24 Eyeless Blond, 19 fistandantilus 3.0, 32 Foreigner, 67 Fortune, 6 Grinder, 1 Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate, 50 Heimdall, 72 Herald of Verjigorm, 45 Hoondatha, 36 hyzmarca, 80 Jaxz, 61 JongWK, 3 Jrayjoker, 28 Kagetenshi, 18 Kiedo, 17 Krazy, 37 Kremlin KOA, 73 Lindt, 15 littlesean, 38 lorthazar, 71 maneius, 65 martingothard, 82 Miyu, 21 Mortax, 20 mmu1, 27 nezumi, 4 Nikoli, 68 Ophis, 54 Oracle, 41 Panzergeist, 29 PBTHHHHT, 81 PiXeL01, 64 PlainWhiteSocks, 12 Plan B, 52 psykotisk overlegen, 14 Reaver, 16 Req, 62 Ryu, 48 Sabosect, 39 ShadowDragon8685, 63 Shadow Prophet, 23 Shrapnel, 77 Sicarius, 78 Siege, 11 SkeevePlowse, 55 Sketchy, 9 SpasticTeapot, 83 stevebugge, 25 Supercilious, 49 Tal, 58 TheMoto42, 34 Thomas, 74 tisoz, 51 TokenFemme, 84 Toptomcat, 53 Toshiaki, 66 toturi, 35 Trax, 76 Valentinew, 40 wagnern

So Mickle5125, you should prod the keeper of numbers to update the list. Or did someone just put "our numbers are legion" next to the reported membership number? Not that it would be wrong?
Grinder
So who's gonna update the list?
Fortune
I could have sworn I had more than a mere 26 posts in this thread. Hmmm ...
nezumi
Wow, excellent job, Ryu. I vote you get +1 to your post count for your hard work. Everyone in agreement?

I was thinking when I saw this, our thread grows like the great redood. At first we were fast as a sapling, but now we grow slow and controlled, forming a powerful tree... from which we can drop on our enemies' heads!
Fortune
I was thinking it is more like an Elm tree ... diseased and dying. wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (nezumi @ Oct 30 2008, 01:58 PM) *
Wow, excellent job, Ryu. I vote you get +1 to your post count for your hard work. Everyone in agreement?

Wait! Didn't he just quoted an old posting without adding in the postings made since then?
nezumi
What? This could be a grave corruption. If this is the case, he should definitely NOT be awarded the additional noted point. To the contrary says I, the punishment should fit the crime. His post count should be rolled back to precisely the point from which he copied his information. Tough, but fair, I hope.
Magus
Plus He is missing your humble Floridian Commander. My Troops morale has taken a huge beating. We request a Holiday!!
We hereby declare Halloween Drop or Treat!!
Ryu
What? You wished me to tamper with the works of brother tisoz, instead of merely quothing the word? May the sky drop on my head before I do that.
Grinder
You can take the words of Brother tisoz as a starting point...
nezumi
Drop or Treat is a good idea, especially considering you can phrase it from the roof when they come out to answer the door. And either way, we get a treat : )

The downside being, if they are not home to receive their drop, it could be a long wait, which would spread our numbers thin.

As tisoz lacks the rank of very many other brothers here, myself included, his words are not to be considered "holy" at this point, although his work was excellent. Yes, improving upon it would most certainly be, well, an improvement. It was very good of you to volunteer for that purpose.
Ryu
May the sky drop on my head before I do that... wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Ryu @ Nov 2 2008, 11:02 AM) *
May the sky drop on my head before I do that... wink.gif

I'm speechless.
fistandantilus4.0
That's ok, I have plenty of speeches. Just give me a bit to go through my list...

*lesse .... Don't do Drugs... nah done to death ... Birds and the Bees .... mmm.... 'prolly not quite what we're needing here.... uhhh... Death and Taxes .... file that under 'Synonomous' .... what else ... Don't Eat Yellow Snow, Don't Pee on the Electric Fence.... Never Trust a Woman with an Adam's Apple .... Never Deal with a Dragon .... More Than Twice is Playing with It .... Huh...*

OK, apparently I got nothin'. Crap.
nezumi
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...c=25486&hl=

Guys, with a little work we could wrap up our Drop Bear Adventure and submit it. We've already almost got this wrapped up. The big thing I need is someone who knows SR4 to do the stats for that.

Who is with me??
Grinder
I am!
nezumi
Do you know the rules of Shadowrun 4th edition, and its supplements?
Grinder
Sure thing. smile.gif
nezumi
Hmm... We only need two characters specifically statted out, the Drop Bear, Becka, and the villain, Fortuna. Probably a generic Drop Bear template would be good too.

The Drop Bear template in SR3 is as such:
B 3
Q 3 x 2
S 5
C -
I 2/4
W 5
E 6
R 3
Init 3 + 1d6
CP 6
Attack 5S
Powers: Adaptive coloration, immunity (pathogens, poisons)
Weaknesses: Dietary requirement (eucalyptus)

(I assume that makes sense to you).

Becka would be slightly improved, perhaps with a Charisma score and some appropriate Photogenic skill et al.

Fortuna is a wealthy and powerful, but ultimately foolish immortal elf, with no relation to anyone else ever (in case anyone asks). We'll some stats for him.

I'll work on the remainder of the information we need, since I've already written up the majority of the run, then post it up here for corrections, alterations &c. Since we don't have to do floorplans, that's a lot of work we don't have to worry about (*whew!*)

Any other characters you think we need? I can repost it in its entirety if you'd like to review.

fistandantilus4.0
I would love to stat up Fortuna. Do you actually want him within BP guidelines, or can I just pull things out of my ass?
nezumi
He's an immortal elf and an NPC, so I think we can break some BP rules if appropriate. He's involved in one combat (the climactic end one), but will probably escape and survive. I don't know the BP guidelines though, so use your best judgment.
fistandantilus4.0
Give me a ball park for BP then. Shall we assume that this is going to be for beginning groups, and so set him up at around 500BP.
Grinder
I'd say more like 700 or so - he's an IE after all.
nezumi
If I knew SR4 well enough to estimate BPs for NPCs, I wouldn't need help drawing them up smile.gif

He'll probably be too much for a beginning group, a challenge but beatable for a moderate group, and about on par for a tough group, I'd assume. But you can alter it as you feel appropriate.
nezumi
So any progress on this? It would probably be good to get it wrapped up well before the due date.
fistandantilus4.0
I should have some free time and be able to knock it out today. With all the stuff going on with the 4A messiness in the main forums, I've been a bit distracted. I shall attempt to finish off Fortuna with all the flair and Inside Jokes required.
fistandantilus4.0
Fortuna
[ Spoiler ]
nezumi
I loled

If someone would be willing to change the Drop Bear template over to SR4, I'll cap this all up tomorrow!
Angelone
Brothers and Sisters! My invincible drop army and I have infilitrated the land known as "Germany". After some inital disorientation and sightseeing we have established a foothold in Rheinland-Phlaz. There are a great many trees and other high places for the Holy Drop here.
As soon as my troops get acclimated we shall begin spreading the word. As cute as they are in their caps and knit sweaters, it does not inspire much fear. Although it could be used as a lure... Hmm... this will need more thought and input.
nezumi
And thus we start the Draupeneatyerfacenbear Brigade!
Angelone
My troops wonder if there's a German word for Geronimo or Banzai. They want to give the locals a sporting chance. They love the food here, especially the blutwurst.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012