Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
"I'm sorry sweetheart, they were just so cute and innocent! I never dreamed that they would take advantage of me! It was that damn eucalyptus wine they kept giving me!"

You have to watch out for that Eucalyptus wine, as potent as absinthe with that wormwood stuff in it...
fistandantilus4.0
wonder if eucalyptus would have a worm if made into an alcoholic beverage?
Trax
An awakened worm.
fistandantilus4.0
So Urlii's (sp?) the IE down under, right? Wonder how he views things down there. After all, he's got this drop-bear meca, and all these other IE/Fraggle fraggers are drekin' around with his loyal army of teddy bears of death. Can't go over well. Anyone got his phone number? Maybe we can score an interview. How's he do that whole walkin' through stone thing anyways. I wanna do that. Make walking to work a lot easier, that's for sure (damn diesel gas prices mad.gif ). Just walk through all the houses in the way.

Wonder how that works in SR? Can he jsut walk into any non-warded building? Sure makes finding an exit cake.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Trax)
An awakened worm.

Don't eat the worm!

Heh, now I can't help but think of those worm critters in T:AL. Those are perfect to put in the eucalyptus drink. The drink of choice for Drop Bears!
DocMortand
*cackles evilly as he finishes reading thru the entire thread a sixth time...*
DocMortand
Actually, while reading thru the entire thread again the NASTIEST idea for a Shadowrun came to mind - involving genetic experiments and masterminds of Doom™ who order shadowy ninja genetically enhanced Drop Bears to assassinate key members of corps who like to depopulate forests.

Or pull a Ghost in the Shell and have some Free Spirit do a Hide Life inside a Drop Bear - so a possessed Drop Bear/spirit hybrid being the evil mastermind behind a series of runs against a bewildered Eucalyptus Importer.

*cackle*
Kagetenshi
And then the Drop Bear will Hide its Life inside the Free Spirit.

~J
DocMortand
*twitch twitch*

*THUD*

Welcome Brethren, to Drop Bears Anonymous. We have all come here today to relate how Drop Bears have helped us all through life.....and how they are among us even now. *twitch* Hiding in trees...*twitch* Beady red eyes......

*twitch twitch*
Fortune
QUOTE (Thomas)
QUOTE (Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate)
Don't feel bad.
Nobody's seen a bunyip.

At least, and lived to tell the tale...

Sam 'Twist' Verner has! There was a bunyip in the second novel of the Secrets of Power trilogy. nyahnyah.gif smile.gif

P.S. I haven't actually dipped into this thread before now, and am just catching up. I am going to have to take it in small doses though, as the doctors say that too much Drop Bear humor is bad for my health.
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Though the Sydney/Perth bit was uncalled for. That's only half again as long as the Appalachian Trail, and much less hilly.

Of course, the Sydney/Perth routeincludes places like the Nullarbor, which has about 1 percent of the water and double the average temperature.
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
I am going to have to take it in small doses though, as the doctors say that too much Drop Bear humor is bad for my health.

Humor? What humor?

Taking the Drop Bears not seriously will bring you punishment by German Albino Ninja Drop Bear Squads.
Ophis
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Thomas @ Jul 22 2005, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate)
Don't feel bad.
Nobody's seen a bunyip.

At least, and lived to tell the tale...

Sam 'Twist' Verner has! There was a bunyip in the second novel of the Secrets of Power trilogy. nyahnyah.gif smile.gif

Nah Bunyips are an urban myth (or whatever the wilderness equivalent is).

The stories spread by agents of the dropbear ninja clans.
Any Bunyip attacks are simply very well disguised Dropbears.

Wait a mo. In that novel Urdli put the supposed bunyip in place. Finally actual proof of the connection between IEs and the Dropbears.
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
Taking the Drop Bears not seriously will bring you punishment by German Albino Ninja Drop Bear Squads.

I live in Oz, and have to deal with Drop Bears everyday on my way to the supermarket. One learns to treat them with a sense of humor, or go insane ...

or both, as we are talking about Aussies here. wink.gif biggrin.gif
nezumi
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
We just had surprise twins 5 months ago, though...and to bring it back to drop bears, none of them turned out to be drop bears. Funny how that happend.

I've heard you can increase your chance of having drop bears by doing the deed up in a tree. Haven't gotten a chance to try it, though.

*crunch crunch*

Random note, I swung by the Asian market last night and picked myself up a box of Drop Bear cookies! You guys gotta get some. *crunch crunch* They're tiny cookie drop bears, and each one is filled with a different filling. So far I've gotten chocolate, strawberry, human blood and *crunch... gasp... gasp...*

*drops dead from evil drop bear candies*
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (nezumi)
Random note, I swung by the Asian market last night and picked myself up a box of Drop Bear cookies! You guys gotta get some. *crunch crunch* They're tiny cookie drop bears, and each one is filled with a different filling. So far I've gotten chocolate, strawberry, human blood and *crunch... gasp... gasp...*

*drops dead from evil drop bear candies*

Which asian market do you go to? I've recently discovered the big korean one over in Fairfax. They have a huge selection, though they foolishly placed the drop bear cookies next to the pocky... How foolish of them, now they'll infect all these unsuspecting children! BWAHAHAHAHA
PlainWhiteSocks
What about the Drop Bear Gummies?

PBTHHHHT
Very gooey and tasty, they have a soft blood filling on the inside. Melts in your mouth, not in your hands, and the blood dribbles down the corners of your mouth...
Oracle
We just crossed the magic mark of 666 posts in this thread! May the wisdom of the drop bears be with you, brother PlainWhiteSocks. Or sister...or whatever you want to be.
Grinder
What's the number of the Drop Bear? Probably not 666, that would be too obvious and won't fit the stealthy nature of it.
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Oct 3 2005, 11:51 PM)

I live in Oz, and have to deal with Drop Bears everyday on my way to the supermarket. One learns to treat them with a sense of humor, or go insane ...

You're just become our leading officer of the Anti Drop Bear Team (ADBT). Get together some willing recruits and start training. biggrin.gif
Better to have such a team ready.. only for the case that a mad scientist crossbreeds Drop Bears and Bees to create his own army of Dop Bear Bees.
Jrayjoker
How impressed should I be that this is the second longest thread currently on DS? I worry for us all really.
Grinder
Which one is the longest? Idiot's Guide to Decking?
Oracle
And another reason for a party: 11111 views of the Thread. ^^

Did I mention, that I'm on holidays for 2 weeks? Enough time to get some training with my personal elite drop bear albino guard!!
Oracle
Actually it's only the third largest thread. The "Infiltration Challenges" thread and the "Can we beat the Horrors?" threads are number two and one.
Grinder
But this thread is alive and running.
brohopcp
As it always will be.

Just finished the full run. I'm finally convinced of the conspiracy... either that or I'm insane. Both are acceptable. I tried the drop bear soup kitchen, but they kept climbing out of the broth.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Grinder)
What's the number of the Drop Bear? Probably not 666, that would be too obvious and won't fit the stealthy nature of it.

We covered this earlier - it's 999 (which is 666 viewed from above)
Oracle
As I mentioned above I'm on holidays. So 999 posts are a mätter of days... wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Oct 3 2005, 11:40 AM)

We covered this earlier - it's 999 (which is 666 viewed from above)

Ah yeah, i remember. Thanks for helping me out. smile.gif
nezumi
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Which asian market do you go to?

I'm in Silver Spring. We have THREE Asian markets within about five miles. The one I went to was right where Georgia and Connectictut meet, near the Outback Steakhouse there (oh, will the irony never cease?)
Drop Bear Prime
QUOTE (Oracle)
Actually it's only the third largest thread. The "Infiltration Challenges" thread and the "Can we beat the Horrors?" threads are number two and one.

What I want to know is why this thread isn't #1 yet? That is the real number of the Drop Bear. There is a lot of work to do. We are in easy striking distance of the largest thread. But the most read thread is The Idiot's Guide To The Matrix Thread. Even though it's more than 10 pages shorter than the Infiltration Challenge, it tops it by an extra 2000 views. About 5000 ahead of this one.

Build me a shrine, and get moving on it or I'm going to have to start knocking heads. rollin.gif dead.gif
Drop Bear Prime
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (martingotthard @ Sep 26 2005, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (Enigma)

Kudos to whoever wrote T:AL!!

You're welcome biggrin.gif
The dropbear was one of the bigger parts of cheese we (deliberately) included in T:AL. With all of the scare-the-tourist legends floating about in the present day, we basically had to put the funny joke in.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!

All right, sic 'im boys!

It didn't happen yesterday, likely won't happen today, and might not happen tomorrow. But retribution is his fate. The day he forgets to check overhead when he walks in the room is the day we come to settle accounts.
Fortune
QUOTE (nezumi)
... near the Outback Steakhouse there (oh, will the irony never cease?)

You do know that the Outback Steak House chain has nothing to do with Oz, outside of it's name, right? It is an entirely American conglomerate. smile.gif
PBTHHHHT
Heh, I know of an aussie who came visiting to the states, and when the waitress found out she was serving an aussie, she apologized. Hehe.
Well, Outback is aussie themed... it's close enough. Just like how it's advertised that Fosters is their beer of choice. (yeah right, we all know the aussie's drink Drop Beer).
Fortune
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT @ Oct 4 2005, 05:39 AM)
Just like how it's advertised that Fosters is their beer of choice.  (yeah right, we all know the aussie's drink Drop Beer).

We sure as hell don't drink Foster's! That's for export, or tourists who don't know any better. biggrin.gif
hyzmarca
I wonder if there is a relationship between Albert Einstein and Drop Bears.
Grinder
Both like eucalyptus drops?
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
We sure as hell don't drink Foster's! That's for export, or tourists who don't know any better. biggrin.gif

My favourite pub here in town doesn't serve Beck's anymore, leaving me to chose between Foster's and Krombacher. What should i say? Foster's is not that bad. wink.gif
nezumi
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Oct 4 2005, 05:10 AM)
... near the Outback Steakhouse there (oh, will the irony never cease?)

You do know that the Outback Steak House chain has nothing to do with Oz, outside of it's name, right? It is an entirely American conglomerate. smile.gif

So it isn't like Universal Brotherhood for Drop Bears?

Drop Beer... That's funny. I'm going to start storing my beers on the cieling fan now.

And I give in, is there a relationship between Albert Einstein and Drop Bears?
Oracle
Drop Beer can be nearly as dangerous as a well-placed Drop Bear ninja commando. At least when I'm thinking of the 5litre Heineken can left from yesterdays barbecue... smile.gif
hyzmarca
Drop Bears are from Austraila. Albert Einstein is from Austraila.

Albert Einstien invented a method of putting bubbles in beer to make it foam. Drop Bears are made into beer, apparently.

Albert Einstein invented Rock and Roll. Drop Bears are ninjas and all ninjas are rockers.

Albert Einstein dated Marie Currie, who eventually died of radiation poisioning. Giant irradiated Drop Bears are cool.
Grinder
rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

@ Oracle: Heineken? Why the hell?
PBTHHHHT
Dang Hyz, your supplier must give you some of the really good (and potent) stuff. nyahnyah.gif
Nikoli
No,he's just a fan of Yahoo Serious.
Oracle
@Grinder: Do NOT ask what the alternative would have been. frown.gif
Grinder
You should threat your guests with a Drop Bear command launch when bringing the wrong beer. cool.gif You'll always have the right one when making a barbecue.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Nikoli)
No,he's just a fan of Yahoo Serious.

The greatest documentry filmmaker of all time.

For the unenlightened.
PlainWhiteSocks
QUOTE (Drop Bear Prime)

Build me a shrine, and get moving on it or I'm going to have to start knocking heads. rollin.gif  dead.gif

How about a shrine made from empty 5 liter Heineken cans? I volunteer to start drinking. Should be done in a few days. facelick.gif
Ryu
That is true dedication, Brother PlainWhiteSocks. Commence drinking!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012