Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
fistandantilus4.0
JM Hardy has said good things, but hasn't commited yet. It's a start.
Demon_Bob
Considering this seems like the thread that will never die I have to suggest.

Brain Eating Zombie Drop Bears
nezumi
I'm continuing to make changes to the rest of the doc, gradually working stuff out. I was sort of in a haze during some parts of this, but rereading it, it seems more or less okay as a starting point. As always, comments are welcome.

Falling Laterally
[ Spoiler ]

Next section is Fortuna's McMansion, which I'm waiting for data on. Once I get the floor plan and whatnot, I'll write the section.

Oh the Bearmanity!
[ Spoiler ]

The next three sections are the chat with Fortuna setting up the meet, the final meet and battle, and the epilogue. Almost done with the initial structure! As always, I need help with stats, especially matrix stats, the floor plan for Fortuna's McMansion, and art, along with the standard proofreading and creative suggestions.

Thanks!
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Demon_Bob)
Considering this seems like the thread that will never die I have to suggest.

Brain Eating Zombie Drop Bears

Hmmm, what happens when something that strictly eats one thing turns into something that strictly eats another thing? Do we get the union? The intersection? Or does one food requirement simply supercede the other?
fistandantilus4.0
Today is 4/24. Let the Great Dropping Commence! Read your little minds away, then post your delirious rantings! Push us into the centenial page on this Day of the Great Drop!

*0w, just got fallen on* (Yes, that makes sense. Trust me)
fistandantilus4.0
Just wanted to bring back this helpful chart hyzmarca created a while back (pg 12) so that we can keep track of who our enemies are.
nezumi
Hmmmm... *ponders the mysteries*
fistandantilus4.0
Must ... keep... reading....*wipes bleeding eyes* hurts ... so... good...
EphemeralKingOfNowhere
*makes use of his exemption from re-reading the holy texts twice in quick succession by keeping all involved in the great dropping well supplied with Drop Beer*
Magus
But my surfers...................

Of course, Elder Gyro, they never are. We can allow for no leaks of Elder Ophis' success taking both of the theme parks. His surfing ninja pirate commandoes are too valuable for the world to know of them yet."

They are not Brother Ophis's. I am there commander.
fistandantilus4.0
There there now ... easy there Commander. I'm sure what he meant was the Elder Ophis was directing you as to which targets you could bring your totally bodacious legions against.
Angelone
I'd like to point out I've never gotten fistandantilus3.o's name wrong, as I always copy and paste names because it cuts down on my typing. So fi$tandan7ilus3.0, don't listen to their lies. lick.gif

nezumi
Ah, good catch. I had a problem there because I didn't know whether Magus was an Elder, a Brother or something else. If he's not an Elder, he would, of course, report to an Elder who would represent him at the DBC. I assumed Ophis would take that responsibility.

What is Magus' official rank?

Angelone - yes, but this is done in person, so you can't copy and paste conversations, and Fistanlitus DOES have a pretty tough name to remember right.
PBTHHHHT
Just call him Uncle Fist... nyahnyah.gif

edit: had to correct the spelling and add the relevant link.
fistandantilus4.0
God I wish I could just log in with that. You have no idea what a pain in the ass it is to log in with that, and my computer doesn't seem to remember it. You should see what Grinder thought my name was for a while. All these PMs and emails with "fiastandfaultilus" or some crap on it.

As for ranks, and who's is what's and wiches... I'd fully inteded to start writing everyone's down during the Great Dropping.... but I couldn't find a pen. What with bleeding eyes and all I kinda got distracted. I pushed for it a while back but it flopped. Apparently the Drop Bear Legio s are good on smiting enemies, not so up on book keeping. Go figure.

Anyway, going back to the grindstone writing up Fortuna's Manor. Been toying with the idea of making it some kind of crazy Mario house where the PCs have to jump around and hit floating question mark '?' boxes, but figured an IE would never have something so wonderful. Just have to get my computer back from my wife, the infamous Plan B. Would have by now, but bless he heart she bites.
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
You should see what Grinder thought my name was for a while. All these PMs and emails with "fiastandfaultilus" or some crap on it.

grinbig.gif

I'm still sorry for that, Fisty. grinbig.gif

I read the whole thread today while sitting in the sun, with a huge amount of holy Drop Beer... Drop Bears everywhere. I'm sure I'll have a prophetic dream tonight.
Lady Door
You say prophetic.. I say sunstroke induced hallucinations.. but hey.. to each his own.

(crazy head)
Grinder
We enlightened believers know the difference.
fistandantilus4.0
"Knowledge confuses even the righteous"?
Grinder
Sort of.
Angelone
It's cool nezumi, I'm honestly thrilled to be mentioned in the adventure. I actually squeeled when I read my name.

As for the great drop it was completed. There were complications though as I had too much drop beer and kept falling out of my chair, so there were many regular droppings as well as the great one.
Magus
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
There there now ... easy there Commander. I'm sure what he meant was the Elder Ophis was directing you as to which targets you could bring your totally bodacious legions against.

::Background music from B&T Excellent Adventure::

Commander Magus and Troops lite up with some rolled Eucalyptus Leaves and play some massive 80's Air Guitar

Whoop!! Whoop!!
Ophis
Careful, you're disrupting our disinformation campaign.
Magus
Yes Elder. Would you care for Lyptus smoke?
nezumi
I know not everyone has the same page settings, but on the default setting, we are only a few posts away from hitting 100! Truly, this is a sign that our beliefs are correct, and the others are wrong. Only if we were blessed by the Great Drop Bear in the sky would this thread have been able to grow at the rate it has. Blessed be!
Lady Door
Was wandering by... thought I'd just drop in...

hahahahahahahaha

*runs away laughing*
fistandantilus4.0
Look at that. Isn't that just beautiful.

Page 100. A Drop bear Centennial.

*sits back, and just looks at the glow*
cool.gif
Grinder
*hands over a Drop Beer and listens to the Drop*

Demon_Bob
Tis time for a celebration. Lets have a drop bear picnic.

Now what do Drop bears eat again?
nezumi
Other drop bears!
fistandantilus4.0
What evers beneath them on the food chain. grinbig.gif
Angelone
We need a warning label that back to back readings of the gospel may have side effects.

I'd like to report that there were many droppings this weekend as Cinco de Mayo seemed to be a big hit among the troops.
fistandantilus4.0
Fortuna Manor - First Floor

[ Spoiler ]
nezumi
Haha! Great start!
Trigger
Wow, I get forcefully disconnected from the Matrix for awhile, shunted inbetween housing units, taken in and out of the hospital....and now I almost miss the 100th page of the Great Drop Bear Thread....now that would have been a huge bummer. Glad I made it back in time.

*cracks open a Drop Beer and reads through missed pages*
Magus
Has anyone even seen the Immortal Elf?
fistandantilus4.0
No he's taking another hiatus looks like. Last time he took a year off then popped back up again. I miss the old coot.
Angelone
Yes, a hiatus. That's it exactly. *Gives his troops extra eucalyptus and drop beer* Good work.
IvanTank
EDIT:

I know that this is a response thread to the regular Drop bear thread, but it's wildly off topic for any of our individual discussion boards. The Drop Bear thread is something of a special case, and we allow it, but please confine the drop bear Meta-Game to that single thread.

We do not have an off topic board anymore for very specific reasons, so let's keep the place clean and on topic as often as possible. Thanks.

--Bull

After having read through the entire Planet of the Drop Bears thread, I have come to the realization that the Drop Bear Conspiracy must be stopped. They are nearly at 2500 posts, and this does not bode well.

Based upon what I have read, I have a deep understanding of their tactics, as well as the distribution of their forces. All those who wish to join the resistanct, post here and we shall develop our strategies. They may be in the lead now, but they have also leaked vital information at all times.

Be warned, those who remain loyal to the Drop Bear Conspiracy will be found out (the smell of urine and eucalyptus are dead give aways), and hunted approppriately. Immortal Elves are likewise not to be tolerated. While we understand the concept of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", your long stretching schemes have shown you to be untrustworthy.

I am currently running a resistance center based out of the San Francisco area, and have developed various types of arms and armor that should put the drop bears in place, easily.

This is a fight which we can and will win!!!
IvanTank
Drop Bear Conspirators, listen closely, as I will only warn you once. We have hacked your communication network. We know your strategies. We know your weaknesses. We know the strength, disposition, and location of your forces.

All those who wish to surrender, now is your chance. Forsake your affiliation with these accursed creatures, and come back to your brothers and sisters. Join the Human Race in the fight against the Drop Bears.

Those who do not come willingly will discover a fate worse than anything imaginable. Save Yourself. Redeem yourself by taking up the good fight.

THESE BEARS WILL NOT GET THE DROP ON US!!!
nezumi
What the hell was that? Are we getting interference? Or is this another (albeit poor) IE spy?
Demon_Bob
Nobody can stop the Drop Bear Conspiracy. It does not exist.

QUOTE (IvanTank @ May 31 2007, 05:49 AM)
I am currently running a resistance center based out of the San Francisco area, and have developed various types of arms and armor that should put the drop bears in place, easily.

Could you be a little bit more specific on the location?
Ophis
I would like to join your efforts but need your exact location so I can drop you some data on the DBC activity. Please pass it on.
Jrayjoker
There is no conspiracy where full disclosure has occurred, you have nothing to fear from the Drop Bear.
IvanTank
QUOTE (Ophis)
I would like to join your efforts but need your exact location so I can drop you some data on the DBC activity. Please pass it on.

I would believe you if you changed your sig, and cleaned that eucalyptus-scented urine off of yourself.
IvanTank
QUOTE (nezumi)
What the hell was that? Are we getting interference? Or is this another (albeit poor) IE spy?

I am no spy. I am the incarnation of liberation. The drop bears will be eliminated. Mark my words.
Jrayjoker
Well, his name does start with an I , and I'll bet he uses the letter E regularly. So, sure, that is what it must be.
IvanTank
QUOTE (Wikipedia on Eucalyptus)
In some parts of California eucalypt forests are being removed and native trees and plants restored.  Individuals have also illegally destroyed some trees and are suspected of introducing insect pests from Australia which attack the trees.

Our plans are moving forward, the Drop Bears will not take California so easily now.
IvanTank
While we both work at eliminating the threat of the drop bears, I refuse to work with the immortal elves. I do not fight them, but I do not trust them.
nezumi
Maybe we should do something, he sounds pretty umm.. ambitious. We could put a counter spy in his group.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012