Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Oracle
Brother Grinder, do you think one of our fellow german brethren would need a few days for that small amount of mediocre beer-like fluid?
Grinder
No. But i guess (and hope) he spoke of drinking several 5-litre-cans.
No Drop Bear follower wuld need more than one day for 5 liters of beer.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Ophis)

Wait a mo. In that novel Urdli put the supposed bunyip in place. Finally actual proof of the connection between IEs and the Dropbears.

"Finally"!? "Actual"!?!?!

That's it! Step into my office, 'cause you're F$#@ FIRED!

Ok, now for some good news, and some bad news.

1) Good news. Was doin' a run the other day, one of the pre-mades form back in the day. THis is the same Gargoyle shaman from my Australia run I posted a few (dozen) pages back, where we nabbed a GMC Banshee and dubbed it "The Bunyip". Well, short story long ( or something like that ) this time, 'walked' away with a friggin' Panzer to add to the collection! Which, of course, has officially been dubbed , in character, the Drop Panzer.

2) Bad news. My wife has no idea who Captain Cave man is.

28 pages kiddos. Just 11 more to go, and the Drop bears will have done what metahumanity could not! BEAT THE HORRORS!
Fortune
Who's Captain Cave Man?
fistandantilus4.0
You suck. Bad Fortune. bad
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 4 2005, 10:37 PM)
Who's Captain Cave Man?
fistandantilus4.0
Thanks Hyzmarca. 5 Good karma for you.
Lady Door
Ya'll are weird.

*shakes head, walks away*
Grinder
Reading this thread, calling us weird and think you can get away with it? Where are my Albino Ninja Drop Bears? Attack!
nezumi
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
28 pages kiddos. Just 11 more to go, and the Drop bears will have done what metahumanity could not! BEAT THE HORRORS!

Actually, we're only one page away from beatting he horrors.

Someone should make a 'Beat the Horrors' thread so we can beat them too ;P
PlainWhiteSocks
ok, Iam werking onnn th shekond fl fl fl floor of daaaa Drop Bear temple. Only 25 of thosh liitttle itty bittty cansh do drink wobble.gif
DocMortand
Whoops - you guys missed an even longer thread than the Horrors thread: Infiltration Challenge, at 32 pages (797 posts)

Still, we're almost there!

...PlainWhiteSocks, what ARE you drinking while you're making that temple? Is the result of your efforts going to be Escher-like? (Imagine the famous staircase picture, with drop bears dropping out of each doorway...)
Ryu
Brother PlainWhiteSocks, thou shallst recruit your friends to the task!

They´ll be toasting to Drop Bears greatness all night (provided the beer is free).

Faster building, new converts. What´s not to like?
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
ok, Iam werking onnn th shekond fl fl fl floor of daaaa Drop Bear temple. Only 25 of thosh liitttle itty bittty cansh do drink wobble.gif

Keep working Brother PlainWhiteSocks! Faster, keep drinking! Chug! Chug! Chug!

Over your head or Bust your Gut! Over your head or Bust your Gut!

grinbig.gif
Jrayjoker
I think PWS's dedication to the cause deserves a promotion from "brother" to "Elder".
nezumi
I have two very silly questions.

1) How do you so easily find which are the longest threads?

2) How do you count the number of replies? It took me forever to page all the way through we beatt he horrors! Someone suggested just counting pages and multiplying, but I wanted to eb sure all the pages had the same number of posts. Horrors can be tricky like that, you know, and it'd be just like them to try and steal the victory out from under us.
Jrayjoker
You can sort your forums by all kinds of stuff at the bottom of the threads listings.
blakkie
1) There are those 3 dropdown lists at the bottom of thread list that lets you sort by different orders including number of replys, number of views, etc. You can also change the filter condition to see all the threads ever instead of just the ones that have posts in the last 30 days.

2) The number of replys and number of views are given to the right of the thread originator's name.
Jrayjoker
Infiltration and Horrors are still beating us.
Nikoli
Swordball Mustardfish
blakkie
The two word punchline to a throw-away joke post that just won't die. smile.gif EDIT: Actually now that i think about it it wasn't even the punchline, it was the setup line.
Oracle
Brother PlainWhiteSocks, your dedication to our cause is an example to us all.
Grinder
It's Elder, he was promoted. Not long and he will get his own Drunk Drop Bear platoon.
Fortune
Sad, just ... sad!

Post pumping is not needed when the thread is worthy.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Grinder)
It's Elder, he was promoted. Not long and he will get his own Drunk Drop Bear platoon.

Aye, praise be to Elder PlainWhiteSocks. For his dedication and sacrifice of his liver, we shall have a glorious temple to our Drop Bear cause! All Hail Drop Bears! All Hail Drop Bears!
DocMortand
Heh, look who's talking. smile.gif

*pets his attack drop bear lovingly* Yes, my pets...you will have your fill soon....those tricksy hobbits shall pay for stealing my preciousssss.....

[edit] Yay! Page 30!
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Plan B @ Oct 5 2005, 11:40 AM)
Ya'll are weird.

*shakes head, walks away*

I'd just like to take this moment to apologize for my heret... err.. wife.... hehe...

She's now safe at home and drugged, and hopef... er... probably won't be making any more blasphemous statements after the psychotrpoic drugs and conditioning take effect. Return to your homes citizens.

QUOTE (Nikoli)
Swordfish Mustardball

Don't bring your messages of hate here. Once Elder PlainWhitesocks recovers, the deposed Jray and I will gather him up to delvier unto thee a sound thrashing.

QUOTE (Fortune)
Sad, just ... sad!

Post pumping is not needed when the thread is worthy
Thank you for the kind words good (stinking plotting evil maniacal conspiracy-root drop-bear manipulator) Immortal Elf. Er..... Did I say that aloud...??? biggrin.gif Just ignore me..... too much sugar today....
Nikoli
Fistandandilus, if you are going to quote, please actually quote.
It was Swordball Mustardfish, a message of support, not hate.
fistandantilus4.0
damn, foiled again

Ever do those littel brainteasers where you read something, but your brain supplies the words that you think are there?

ok ok, anyways, I'll call off the hit squad *whines, scuffs foot*..... Now we gotta find some other heretic to thrash. great..... this could take forever....

Edit: Mustard fish for everyone! ('cept me. I hate mustard)
Nikoli
Even that nummy coarse ground brown deli mustard, it's really tasty. then there is the sweet italian stuff they have at Quiznos, damn that stuff is good. Fuck, now I'm hungry again....
fistandantilus4.0
mmm.... Quiznoooooossss *droooolll*....

And Jray still owes my hereti....err..wife and I some chinese take out.... damn ... now I'm hungry.....

Nice that we could set aside our differeneces and bond in the fellowship of drool-ness...

I'm gonna go get a frickin hot pocket.
Jrayjoker
What? You drop bear didn't get the orange drop bear chicken and dumplings in peanut sauce I sent drop bear?
nezumi
Brother Fist, I feel compelled to ask... I notice your location is 'Ishtar'. As far as I am aware, there is no place called Ishtar, only the goddess. So does that mean you're currently in her...

embarrassed.gif
Jrayjoker
Well, she is the drop bear goddess of prosti drop bear tution.
Grinder
It's the goddess of love and fertility iirc, but can also mean Venus, as the planet is associated with it.

Enough of learning now, ok? Are there Drop Bears in outer space? Mars Drop Bears i.e.?
DocMortand
Yeah, we dropped a colony on Mars during the comet race - our satellite had a "bad" guidance program.

I am happy to announce that we heard back from the colony - they have already routed the native martians, so we can claim the enitre planet for the new DROP BEAR NATION!

Any idea what it should be called?
Grinder
Utopia!

biggrin.gif
maneius
Switzerland?
DocMortand
That was already used, I'm afraid. Besides, it's a state of being - we need something more....ground based. smile.gif
Nikoli
Lumpaland
nezumi
Colonizing Mars? That sounds a bit too farsighted for me. Colonize the moon. Once the moon is colonized, we're no longer restricted to dropping from eucalyptus! Any spot on the world (alright, ALMOST any spot) within 24 hours. We put our drop bear in his drop capsule and bonzaaaaiiiii space bears of fatal dropping death.

Mars would be a good deal tougher.
Grinder
Like Thor Shots, but with lot more time to accelerate.

Earth destroyed by Moon Drop Bear launch who crushed down the core! At least defeated by a worthful opponent and master. cool.gif
hyzmarca
Good names for a country........

Sodoland
Sadoland
and

.....Thump

yes, .....Thump is a perfect name for the Drop Bear nation.
nezumi
I still love Djibouti. Too bad it's already taken.
DocMortand
Horror thread beaten...on to Infiltration!

DROP BEARS UBER ALLES!
Grinder
Holiday In Thump? biggrin.gif
DocMortand
Anyone want to start up the third repetition of the Drop Bear Inquisition?

twirl.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder @ Oct 6 2005, 12:39 PM)
It's the goddess of love and fertility iirc, but can also mean Venus, as the planet is associated with it.

Enough of learning now, ok? Are there Drop Bears in outer space? Mars Drop Bears i.e.?

In the dragon lance novels from whcih 'Fistandantilus' originated, Ishtar was a great city, dedicated to the gods. If you'd like, I could change it to "bottom of the Blood Sea" or "Raistlin", since that would be more accurate really.

QUOTE (Nezumi)
So does that mean you're currently in her...
I hope not, my wife'll kill me. She might not have albino drop bears on call, but she does most of the cooking (she won't let me. Something about dinner being done when the fire alarm goes off), so poisoning would be all too easy. Thank goodness for that psychotropic conditioning.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Oct 6 2005, 05:19 PM)
Anyone want to start up the third repetition of the Drop Bear Inquisition?

twirl.gif

All rise for the National Anthem of the Holy Empire of Thump

Drop Bears, Drop Bears über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Drop Bears, Drop Bears über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

Drop Bear Frauen, Drop Bear Treue,
Drop Bear Wein und Drop Bear Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.
Drop Bear Frauen, Drop Bear Treue,
Drop Bear Wein und Drop Bear Sang

No one suspects the Drop Bears
DocMortand
rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012