Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Grinder
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Actually they are spreading. Drop Bears just made a cameo with William Shatner in the EVO Mars thread over in SR4

Try to find all the other threads where Drop Bears appeared wink.gif
Grinder
We enlighten the people in foreign countries, not killing them. But some poor heathens there are just not strong enough to convert to the Holy Drop Bear... let's pray that their poor souls will enter paradise despite their lack of faith.

To serve the Drop Bear Warriors biggrin.gif
Ophis
Yeah enlightening thats whats we're doing...

wipes red stain off hand, yep lots of people enlightened.
mattness pl
[Run, mattness, run... Arghh...]

We Are the Borg Drop Bears. Resistance is futile

QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
What is this Maddness??

Have no fear. I is here.

QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks @ Sep 26 2005, 05:18 PM)
Just read the entire Drop Bear Thread.  Going to go off in a corner to let my head explode.  Just had to add my vote for Drop Bears over Horrors.

As PlainWhiteSocks, I pass initiation - read whole threat, despiting some horrors blasphemy...
HAIL TO DBC!!!
I proudly announce, that polish Drop Bears sections is ready to follow.
We need supplies - small botanical gardens, not enough fresh food (We have the blood. But our Legions are fed with eucalypti candies...)

Few comments and ideas:
Does anybody mentioned, that Drop Bear Conspiracy use jet packs?
I found serious threat for Drop Bears - Those ##%@% hamsters are plottting to break DB World Supremacy.
QUOTE (Oracle)
The people you describe are not Germans. They are BAVARIANS.

Drop Bears in leather pants!
Beware Bavarian Albino Drop Bears rotfl.gif
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Oct 28 2005, 06:21 PM)
I.E. tourists are favorite.

The only IE's wandering around I can think of

grinbig.gif
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Oct 30 2005, 04:08 PM)
Brethren! Unplanned-for things happened during my expedition to the zoo. Please just take a look at this

Oracle should be granted the special title Wild Drop Bear Colony Special Investigator, setting up his own task-force - and supported by my German Albino Ninja Drop Bear platoon.

Maybe Oracle should be chief of our DBS R&D section?
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Nov 10 2005, 11:15 AM)
*gnaws on Fortune's ankle while drop bears attack from the sky*

I feel obliged to point out that, as a native Aussie, I have an inate immunity to Drop Bear attacks of all kinds. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif

Fortune - You forgot about one thing - As Holy book - NAGAuL TM (Neo Anarchist Guide To Aussie Lands TM) says you must spray yourself with human (homo sapiens spapiens) urine nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
Stop the madness!

No way.
I'm just warming up.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
Just Die Already.

dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif
Grinder
We should place a bounty on Mr. Platinums head.
Grinder
QUOTE (mattness pl)
Maybe Oracle should be chief of our DBS R&D section?

Welcome Brother mattness pl. I don't like the fact that you trained Drop Bear Legions in Poland without our knowledge, but a Holy Crusade on behalf of our cause will free you of this mistake.

I don't think that Oracle would be good in R&D. He's a fine special investigator but we have other Brothers who are much more capable of R&D.
Jrayjoker
Due to the celular nature of our conspiracy, having a fully trained platoon blast onto the scene is to be expected from time to time. Welcome mattness pl.
Mortax
QUOTE (Grinder @ Dec 30 2005, 10:23 AM)
We should place a bounty on Mr. Platinums head.

My rates are very cheap, I haven't feed in some time.
Foreigner
QUOTE (Grinder @ Dec 30 2005, 10:23 AM)
We should place a bounty on Mr. Platinum's head.

(Edited by Yours Truly)

Grinder:

I'll take the contract. wink.gif

However, you should know that I was reared in a strict Southern Baptist household, and that I place a VERY high value on (Meta)human life:

nuyen.gif 25,000, minimum, non-negotiable.

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
PBTHHHHT
Do you accept payment in Drop Beer?
fistandantilus4.0
Foreigner: Were you trained in Anhk-Morpork by any chance? I hear that the assasins there hold human life in very high value, hence why they charge so much to take it away.

I say we allow Brother Foreigner and Brother Mortax both the oppurtunity to hunt dow the heretic/heathen Mr Platinum ('cause really, name calling just ain't nice, and is punishible by death, didn't ya know). The first one to come back with some vital (or embarrasing) body part will be raised to the rank of Zealot.

Brother mattness pl: welcome to the fold.
mattness pl
Happy New Bear Dumpshockers! biggrin.gif

I promised myself that in 2006 I'll start a new diet:
Eucalypti candies (filled with BLOOD) for breakfest, lunch and supper.
Grinder
And a Holy Crusade maybe?
Jaid
are we only allowed to mention drop bear references, or can we point out vampiric panda references too?
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 31 2005, 08:50 PM)
are we only allowed to mention drop bear references, or can we point out vampiric panda references too?

Stick with the drop bears if you wish to avoid scrutiny by the Inquisition...

BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
*takes a chug from his Drop Beer that's in a champagne glass... classy, eh?*
Jaid
nonsense... the inquisition would never be interested in me... i would certainly not expect them to bother with something so minor.

*waits for it*

[edit] oh, and uhh... Happy Pre-Emptive (subjectively, at least) New Year to you all! [/edit]
fistandantilus4.0
Shall we declare this the Year of the Drop Bear then?

Anyone know what year it is on the chinese calender BTW? Drop Panda by chance? biggrin.gif
Ophis
Indeed, year of the drop bear it is...

it was written by the great Nostrodamus.

"Yea in the 6th year of the foolish shrub the conclave of the masters of the falling menace of Terra Obscura Australia will complete their rise. The world will fall beneath a claw of blood and cough relief."

Its all there if you look. Happy new year. This is our year!!!
Foreigner
fistandantilus3.0:

I don't *think* so--although I might be able to give you a better answer if I knew what you meant. I don't believe I've heard of Ankh-Morpork.

PBTHHHHT:

Sorry, but I don't drink--alcohol, that is. Thanks for the offer, though. smile.gif

--Foreigner
mattness pl
Shall we declare this the Year of the Drop Bear then? 

The Wake of Drop Bear is Coming. But not now. We expand our DBC, we're plotting, intriguing...
Patience, Brother fistandantilus3.0.

QUOTE (Foreigner)
Sorry, but I don't drink--alcohol, that is.

Meantime, have a EucaCandy. Mhhm... Good candy. Filled with blood by our felllow ghoul Drop Bears from Asamando.

Anyone know what year it is on the chinese calender BTW?
QUOTE (Ophis)
Indeed, year of the drop bear it is...

You're so young, Ophis, so impatient.
Train your DB Danish Legion and chew Eucalypti.
Scheme, plot, train and sabotage our enemies!
The time for bombardments and New World Drop Bears Order will come.
Jaid
QUOTE (Foreigner)
fistandantilus3.0:

I don't *think* so--although I might be able to give you a better answer if I knew what you meant. I don't believe I've heard of Ankh-Morpork.

--Foreigner

it's a city in Terry Pratchett's Discworld iirc.

if you haven't read any discworld novels, then it wouldn't make sense i would imagine.
Foreigner
Ah. smile.gif

I've heard of Terry Pratchett, but I haven't read any of his books. smile.gif

Actually, I was paraphrasing a line from a film.

It was The Survivors (1983), starring Walter Matthau ("Sonny Paluso"), Robin Williams ("Donald Quinelle"), and Jerry Reed ("Jack Locke").

Synopsis: Paluso and Quinelle accidentally foil a bank robbery perpetrated by Locke--a presently out-of-work hitman who's turned to robbing banks to make ends meet. Locke, of course, vows to get even, and seizes his chance when he finds out that the two of them are going to attend a survivalists' camp in the mountains. (In Quinelle's words, to his girlfriend: "Survival camps can be fun! It's just like skiing, except with booby-traps!")

Anyway, at some point during the film, Locke utters that phrase--or something close to it, at any rate. Of course, he said "dollars", not "Nuyen". smile.gif

--Foreigner
PlainWhiteSocks
Happy New Drop Year Brothers. (yeah I know I’m a little late.)

Welcome mattness pl. I am excited to see the Holy Cult of the Drop Bear has reached Poland in spite of the cold there. Rest assured new eucalyptus plants are on the way via Drop Shipment Express Service. Look for them on rooftops everywhere starting in… hmmmmm… about 43 seconds. Hope you’re wearing your hard hat.

Mr. Platinum once agreed to join our cult, but it seems he did so to become a mole. Now moles are furry like Drop Bears, but they are the cute and cuddly kind of furry not the death from above kind of furry. In fact I don’t think they would do much damage if dropped from a eucalyptus tree. They don’t even eat eucalyptus. For this I have unleashed to very special Extra-Heavy Holy Drop Bear Cleric Assassins to step on the mole.

Now how much was that bounty? The Temple is always open for donations. biggrin.gif
nezumi
One wonders, if moles could learn how to jump straight up, so as to attack their prey from the most vulnerable point, would they simply be an upside down ally of the drop bears (or perhaps, right side up, seeing as Australia, being on the bottom of the earth, is completely upside down), or are they truly our mortal enemies?

Must we ally ourselves with our own moles because they are our brethren in attacking enemies from ambush? Or have they found the way to hide from our beady black eyes, and are simply competition?
PBTHHHHT
I've always thought that Bunyips would be a great ally to the drop bear movement.

As for moles? Hmmm... not sure. I would hazard that their poor eyesight might be a detriment to the cause. But who knows.
Grinder
QUOTE (nezumi)
Must we ally ourselves with our own moles because they are our brethren in attacking enemies from ambush? Or have they found the way to hide from our beady black eyes, and are simply competition?

I don't think that moles are a worthwile ally,as they can't ambush with the needed precision (they have to dig through some earth above them before the attack is possible, after all), so i'm not for allying with them.

Besides nezumi, thanks for taking a quote of me as signature *sniff* smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
nezumi: thatwould be the Earth Q'wirl from ED. Meaning that they'll "pop" back up eventually (pun intended). Check 'em out if oyu have any ED books (specfifically the creatures book , which is a good read IMO).

Foreigner:The assassins guild in Ahnk-Moorpork places a very high value on human life, which is why they charge so much to take it away. In fact, that's one of their mottos. They don't kill anyone that they're not paid to, including guards.

Homework: Read Terry Pratchett. That is all, move along.
nezumi
Ah, so does fistandantilus know of the ancient relationships between the Q'wirl and the drop bear? Is the q'wirl simply a drop bear turned upside down? A drop bear that has kept its objective understanding of the world whilst changing its location? Or are they a foul corruption of the Drop Bear truth?
fistandantilus4.0
Unrelated. The Earth Q'wirl would be closer to the awakened, pack 'hunting' version of the mole. No HMHVV for one. They usually rove in packs, leaping out of the earth to snatch fruits off of tress if there's no vegetables in the ground. If they feel the need to attack something above ground, well... picture dolphins leaping out of the waves, but make it a doberman sized mole, with a beak. yeah... fun.
They have a magical ability to move thro9ugh the earth by making the earth in front of them as resistant as air.

So really they're completely the opposite of the noble Drop Bear. That isn't a bad mind you (except being the opposite of noble I suppose), just different. Can't wait for them to reappear, like the so called 'horned bear'. Agriculture will be so much more fun then. Imagine shadowrunning for an awakened gopher hunt.
Ophis
Quietly wonders what happens when a "horned bear" get HMHVV...
Grinder
He becomes even meaner - and bloodthirsty?
Ophis
Okay, thats the simple explanation.

But he might also get to go all predator/ruthenium suit like the bandersnatch... That would be nice, almost as dangerous as a fully trained drop bear ninja.
fistandantilus4.0
nothing is as dangerous as a drop bear ninja Brother Ophis. You are treading on dangerous ground. Be careful that you do not invite a visit form the inquisitors (or angry drop bear ninjas defending their drop-honor).
Ophis
Of course brother I would not suggest any thing different. However the HMHVV horned bear would prove a valuable addition to our forces, one almost worthy to be used as something other than a cannon fodder distraction away from the insertion of our Glorius Drop bear warriors.

I humbly offer penance of Drop Beer all round if I caused offence.
Grinder
Brother Ophis is far from being heretic. He's a hero of our succesful Denmark Crusade and owner of the mermaid statue, after all.

Btw, we need a status report of our inquisition of the two heretics...
fistandantilus4.0
yeah... apparently we're knida bad w/ paper work and hot irons around here. Shame on us. Really need to practice with those irons more.....

funny mental image of a horned bear sitting in a tree with a bunch of drop bears in it. Some runners start walking by, see the massive bear grinnig in the tree, decide to go around. The drop bears get pissed and throw sticks at their stupid cousin Carl from the states.
Foreigner
fistandantilus3.0:

Gotcha. wink.gif

Jaid said essentially the same thing on the preceding page.

EDIT:

Whoops. frown.gif

Sorry about that.

I *hope* that I didn't come across too strongly. I got back from a long walk about 20 minutes ago, and I'm a little worn out ATM.

--Foreigner
PlainWhiteSocks
Last report had tisoz & PiXeL01 in the hands of PBTHHHHT and his Drop Flame Thrower inquisition techniques. Maybe we can get an update from him on the status of these two suspected heretics.
PBTHHHHT
Alas! I have some terrible news, the two heretics have escaped! Their followers hired several runners who seemed aware of drop bear ways and managed to extract heretic tisoz and PiXeL01 from their holding cells. The inquisition drop bear are in a frenzy at the insult and we have already flamed a few of the runners and several traitors who were aiding them. I fear our organization have been infiltrated and we must be on our guard. Please deploy several hunter-killer drop bear units after tisoz and PiXeL01, before they can hide into the shadows!
fistandantilus4.0
no worries, they'll be easy to find. Jus tlook in to some of hte other threads, and we'll jump 'em there. biggrin.gif Hopefully Adam won't get too mad about derailing other threads with drop-retribution.

Ever feel kinda like batman, where everything comes special by putting 'bat' - before it, like the bat-ladder, that is really just a ladder with a sign that says 'Bat Ladder' at the bottom?
brohopcp
I apologize that it's taken so long to create an adequate sig., I hope this one works out well for me.

In other news, I completely deny any connection to the escape of the dirty rotten heretics. Plus, as we all know, I am a horribly inept Runner of the Shadows.
nezumi
no worries, they'll be easy to find. Jus tlook in to some of hte other threads, and we'll jump 'em there. biggrin.gif Hopefully Adam won't get too mad about derailing other threads with drop-retribution.

I can't imagine he would. Adam, in all his wisdom, will certainly realize immediately the importance of our mission and how vital it is we get the drop on them. If he doesn't appreciate it, I suspect that is only an indication that we need to speak with him very loudly so as to distract him as our drop bears climb the eaves of his house.
fistandantilus4.0
If he doesn't appreciate it, that just means that he hasn't been properly brainwa....err... converted yet. Someone talk him into reading the Drop thread all the way through. THat should do it.

Good luck Adam! Hope you make it through the crucible!
mintcar
So do you drop bears have the record for longest lasting thread yet? I wonder how much flaming this thread could withstand before Bull found it in his heart to close it ork.gif (Get away from my neck you vermin, I was only kidding!!!)
Grinder
Well, the platoon of Albino Ninja Drop Bears placed at Bulls house probably helps a lot wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (mintcar)
So do you drop bears have the record for longest lasting thread yet? I wonder how much flaming this thread could withstand before Bull found it in his heart to close it ork.gif (Get away from my neck you vermin, I was only kidding!!!)

In all honesty, some are here to thread pump, but I think that most post here just to be able to joke around,chat w/ some familiars (hehe, drop bear as a familiar), and just 'hang out' since there is no BS thread or lounge.

But really there's never been much (if any, inquisitions not withstanding) flaming on this thread. Everyone here gets along pretty well, and it's above all amusing. Which is really the point.

Besides, we've been on topic for 54 pages. That is a record, I'm sure. wink.gif
Grinder
We would have received a warning call by Adam or Bull otherwise.

But seems as if we have to continue our Scandinavia Crusade and visit Sweden...
PBTHHHHT
People who posts on here usually know what they're getting into and know we're here to be silly and such. flaming is not fun so I can see folks who do come here not wanting to do that.

That said... the Holy Drop Bear Inquisition requests a budget increase for this year to increase security for our premises in light of the tisoz and PiXeL's escape from our facilities and also requests aid in increasing our Drop Beer production. Though we deny any correlation between our level of security and the Drop Beer consumption/production by the Inquisition. There's merely speculative. nyahnyah.gif
stevebugge
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
People who posts on here usually know what they're getting into and know we're here to be silly and such. flaming is not fun so I can see folks who do come here not wanting to do that.

That said... the Holy Drop Bear Inquisition requests a budget increase for this year to increase security for our premises in light of the tisoz and PiXeL's escape from our facilities and also requests aid in increasing our Drop Beer production. Though we deny any correlation between our level of security and the Drop Beer consumption/production by the Inquisition. There's merely speculative. nyahnyah.gif

Surely there is a correlation: They aren't getting enough
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012