Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Angelone
The whole French/Italian mob war really isn't. That's all smoke and mirrors from our crack PR team.

My Droptankers have conquered the most of former country of Mexico, now Thumpia. I have however run into problems in Cancun and entering South America. In Cancun my troopers are getting distracted by all the drunken tourists and are also getting drunk of their alcohol filled blood, the trees ironically enough are a problem as they hinder my tanks.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Angelone)
former country of Mexico, now Thumpia

rotfl.gif
Jack Kain
OK I have to ask what's the Drop Bear? is that anything like DM's falling cow?
fistandantilus4.0
not quite

try reading the beginning of the thread

Basically, it's a vampire koala from Australian "legend". Although Frank Trollman might disagree on whether or not it has HMHVV.
Jack Kain
There's 87 pages of this, I didn't see the drop bear explained on the first page of the topic and I really don't have the time to search through 87 pages of this.
fistandantilus4.0
That's part of the test. wink.gif

"explanations" are just a couple of pages in.

Try the link on page 2
Angelone
Dropbears are vampiric koalas who once killed my newbie mage. Atleast I got a dikoted parasol out of the deal.
fistandantilus4.0
but is it coated in urine?
Magus
Death to the Unbeliever!! How dare he post without reading the Holy Handbook of the Drop Brigades!
Angelone
Yarg!

THUMP!

but is it coated in urine?

Now it is.
Does it have to be mine?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Magus @ Nov 3 2006, 12:07 AM)
Death to the Unbeliever!! How dare he post without reading the Holy Handbook of the Drop Brigades!

umm... people can't be converted if they're dead

[ Spoiler ]

Angelone: No, although if it's not, you might want to have them checked for a few things first.
Angelone
Hmm... good point gonna have to reread the thread to find out who was selling the bottled urine. Wonder if it comes in different scents, like lilac, I like lilac, I mean eucalyptus yeah that's the ticket.
fistandantilus4.0
yeah ... umm... usually it just smells like piss
Grinder
QUOTE (Magus)

He's a pawn of the IEs, just here to confuse us. Don't listen to his words!
fistandantilus4.0
Breathe Grinder, breathe *woosa*, not everyone with questions is a heretic.
Moon-Hawk
They're not? Oh no! Was that a question just now? I did it again! Am I a heretic? AAAAAAHHHHH!
fistandantilus4.0
NO no no, not everyone is .... oh hell, I give up. Just Kill 'em all.
Angelone
DROPTANKERS ASSEMBLE!!!

The thumpings shall continue until the heresy is eliminated, or I get bored whichever comes first.
Black Jack Rackham
I have just finished reading (after several days of time wasting) all 87 pages of Planet of the Drop Bears. Not only is my mind mush, but I keep having these horrible dreams that I am falling and my breath smells of pis..I mean eucliptus. Either I'm in love or I'm now just demented enough to make my first post on PotDB...

Mark
Angelone
Welcome fellow cul... I mean brother. Have some bloodsoaked eucalyptus leaves and some Dropbeer. Don't worry you get used to the smell of urine after awhile.
Witness
It is sacred piss. So say us all.
fistandantilus4.0
Good on ya' Mark. Many of the Conspiracy started at the beginning of the thread, and went through from there. Few have read from 1 to 87. I think it may be time for a great Drop-Pilgramige from Pg.1 to 87. Elders?
Black Jack Rackham
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I think it may be time for a great Drop-Pilgramige from Pg.1 to 87.

Command me my master. My belly is filled with eucalyptus and I'm ready for my first kill!
Mark
fistandantilus4.0
Ummmm... yeah.. you jsut read all 87 pages? I think you need to sit down and gnaw on a leg for a while or something. Don't strain your self, you're very delicate right now.

[ Spoiler ]
Witness
I've sat in a tree for 2 sodding months, and none of you ungrateful <worshipful masters> could muster up a nice word to say about my <subtle propaganda>. Honestly it makes me want to <get down on my knees and worship the Brotherhood Who Must Not Be Named>. I mean it's not just the <waiting patiently for approval>, it's the blatant <kissing of the Drop Bear's ring> that makes me want to <leap out of a tree again just for the fun of it>.
So <if you'll pardon my affrontery> you can all <live forever in a state of permanent nasal decongestion> and if I ever see any of you again it will be <the best possible application of my ungodly alcohol addiction>, so let that be the <catalyst for you to subconsciously believe everything I tell to you> and from here on in let us be <the greatest of friends, believing in Satan, which your government most definitely does not approve of, for some reason. Amen. xxx>
fistandantilus4.0
Uhh ..... Witness.... what the hell are you talking about? I'm drawing an f-ing Drop Bear into the picture I'm drawing for your story. I and a number of others here commented on it a lot. And I told someone to get him out of that damn tree!
Fortune
Ah, the sweet, sweet sounds of dissention. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Careful, he might get a rifle up that tree.

Witness: Perhaps your Drop Bears are a little too cunningly concealed.
nezumi
I was very impressed with your well concealed drop bears, but felt it better not to blow their cover so they can better serve the glorious war. Your command is well-earned.
Magus
Death to the Elf. <raving frothing at the mouth> He brings dissent and confusion in his wake. Look to Brother Witness! See what the Elf has done! He is causing us to look elsewhere for heretics! Brother Witness is here alone living the True Way of the Drop Bear. Laud Him with praise and eucalyptus laurels. We must organize a great and bloody rising and hunt down and destroy the heretical elves!!
Witness
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 3 2006, 08:32 PM)
Uhh ..... Witness.... what the hell are you talking about? I'm drawing an f-ing Drop Bear into the picture I'm drawing for your story. I and a number of others here commented on it a lot. And I told someone to get him out of that damn tree!

mumble mumble too much beer mumble mumble trying to be funny mumble mumble blush hang head
Ophis
*Stands under Brother Witness to allow him a drop to improve his mood*
Grinder
Breathe Grinder, breathe *woosa*, not everyone with questions is a heretic.

Maybe, but a little ranting and shouting keeps the frightful away.

Welcome, Brother Black Jack Rackham. smile.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Ophis)
*Stands under Brother Witness to allow him a drop to improve his mood*

That's the right spirit! Gather a handful of innocent bystanders... new converts, I mean, to give Brother Witness and concealed Drop Bears more targets to practise with.
Jame J
QUOTE (Fortune)
Target: Awakened Lands

Thank you!
Fortune
Happy hunting! wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Jame J)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 2 2006, 04:13 PM)
Target: Awakened Lands

Thank you!

One of my favorite books. Australia makes an awesome place for a Wilderness run.
Angelone
QUOTE (Fortune)
Happy hunting! wink.gif

The hunt is always happy. Just remember that when a droptank is rolling over your precious toxic medicine lodge. wink.gif
Magus
Calling all Commandoes All Commado Drop Bears Time on Target 3 minutes
Fortune
A ten day gap between posts. Pretty sad. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Only at the public thread.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Magus)

I hate to say it, but thread bumping is thread bumping.

You know the saying. It's not needed if the thread is worthy. Be strong.
Jame J
QUOTE (Magus @ Nov 17 2006, 12:13 AM)

I hate to say it, but thread bumping is thread bumping.

You know the saying. It's not needed if the thread is worthy. Be strong.

Still, it got 88 pages so far. It must be doing something right.
DireRadiant
The Drop Bear Thread Dropping exercise did not achieve it's assigned target.
Angelone
It was a calculated risk, like all drops. However, the elf is on the run. So it wasn't a total lose.
Fortune
On the run? I guess we can add 'misguided Drop Bear devotion' to the list of things that make you go blind. Only makes sense though, when you come to think about it. After all, it is just another form of self abuse.
Magus
Oh go stick a thorn in it Elf! LOL
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Angelone @ Nov 6 2006, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 4 2006, 10:37 AM)
Happy hunting! wink.gif

The hunt is always happy. Just remember that when a droptank is rolling over your precious toxic medicine lodge. wink.gif

Somebody say "Drop Tank?"

nyahnyah.gif

edit: since the comic was updated, I had to change the url to get to the appropriate comic with the 'drop tank'.
Lindt
Road Kill? Best way to kill a drop bear dead? The new anvil?
Fortune
QUOTE (Lindt)
Best way to kill a drop bear dead? The new anvil?

Well ... if they're already dead and you're still tryin' to kill them, I'm thinkin' that an anvil just ain't gonna cut it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012