Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planet of the Drop Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Grinder
Only natural weapons are allowed during a Drop Test. a True Believer of theDBC would know that and don't ask such a heretical question!
LilithTaveril
Actually, I was asking because I was wanting to limit damage to the building I would be dropping from. You know, so I can potentially drop from it in the future.

Okay, natural weapons only? Any limits on crater size?
stevebugge
I suspect this one may have difficulty with the Sacrament of the Plunge, such actions are difficult in free fall and the landing on such prey may prove less than satisfying.
Samaels Ghost
I have so much to learn *shock and awe*
Oracle
Possibly you should read the whole thread again, probationary novice Samaels Ghost. You will find that to be enlightening.
Grinder
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Okay, natural weapons only? Any limits on crater size?

The natural weapons of a naked human, yes. And no limit on the crater size (why ever you want to make one).

Have fun and enjoy the Drop.
LilithTaveril
I just did.

Unfortunately, I had to redo it. At that height, I mistook a UCAS troop carrier for a tourist bus. Say, want a few weapons or some armor? I've got plenty left over...
Oracle
Hm, interesting. Hallucinations. Possibly someone treatet her with drugs. Does any of the R&D novices have something to confess? Anyone? No?
Grinder
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
I just did.

No Brother or Elder was around as a witness and judge, nor was a Drop Bear either. We will set up time and place and inform you, unworthy heretic!
Oracle
I thought we inform her by throwing her from a skyscraper? At least that was the way we did it last time...
Grinder
Exactly.
LilithTaveril
Or, maybe I'm just having a bit of fun at your expense.

Oh, say, do you guys mind having everyone suddenly associate you with the Universal Brotherhood? I've got this juicy faked news story I would like to sell...
Oracle
Well, their grip to world power was actually a good try. Some flaws in execution, though...
Jrayjoker
We play a much deeper game than they.
Oracle
Absolutely.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Oracle)
Well, their grip to world power was actually a good try. Some flaws in execution, though...

Yes they had some bugs in their system they never quite worked out.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Oracle)

Good, good... Just taking notes. You don't mind these statements being included with the news story that says you guys are linked directly to the Universal Brotherhood and are a group of insect shamans trying to take over the world, right?
PlainWhiteSocks
Good work LilithTaveril! The Universal Brotherhood / insect shaman cover story is a good one. Nobody will suspect the truth. It will enable our Drop Forces to easily sneak through magical checkpoints looking for insects and present an even more dangerous threat than before. In addition when the pesky so-called authorities come into our compounds their insecticide weapons will be useless against our righteous HMHVV might. We will triumph over them with little fear of losing even one holy Drop Bear. Good work indeed. We should give you some kind of award for thinking up such a devious plan for us. How about a nice cold Drop Beer...

Oracle
...with some fresh eucalyptus leaves.
HullBreach
I couldn't help but toss a little reference to this thread into my latest item on Heavy Angel. Here's the link.
Oracle
Fellow elders, I hereby propose to award HullBreach with some title for his work to promote our cause....
PlainWhiteSocks
How about Quartermaster?

That can is awesome BTW. biggrin.gif
LilithTaveril
How's this for the ad campaign?

The Drop Bear Conspiracy: Bug Spirits infesting a town near you! Join us now, and you get infested for free! Offer limited while major cities last.

I'm thinking of running it on every channel and flooding the UCAS with RFIDs that broadcast it.
HullBreach
LOL that reminds me of a joke T-shirt I saw in a shadowrun humor post once:

"I went to Chicago and all I got were these Antennae"
Grinder
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
How about Quartermaster?

Has my vote.
Grinder
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)

The Drop Bear Conspiracy: Bug Spirits infesting a town near you! Join us now, and you get infested for free! Offer limited while major cities last.

I'm thinking of running it on every channel and flooding the UCAS with RFIDs that broadcast it.

It doesn't make any sense to me... question.gif
FanGirl
Honored brethren of the Conspiracy, I prostrate myself before you. I come here today to beg a boon of you: in the name of those noble marsupials whom you serve, I seek to become a member of your glorious society. Although I am but a lowly neophyte, callow and unlearned in your ways, I say to you now that my spirit is willing and my loyalty unswerving. I beseech you, oh brethren, to grant my humble request.
PlainWhiteSocks
ummmm yeah. Read the thread a few times, drink some Drop Beer, read the thread a few more times, eat some eucalyptus, read the thread a few more times, burn some eucalyptus candles then read the thread a few more times.

That or make sense of LilithTaveril's post for Grinder. smile.gif

FanGirl
I'm underage. Could I drink some Drop Root Beer instead?
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril @ Aug 27 2006, 03:09 PM)

It's not supposed to. It's supposed to make everyone think the Drop Bear Conspiracy is really an insect spirit conspiracy. That way, they come in with pesticides, you respond with lethal force.
Oracle
QUOTE (FanGirl)
I'm underage.  Could I drink some Drop Root Beer instead?

Probationary novice FanGirl, welcome to the cause. I have good news for you: The Drop Bear Conspiracy™ is an international scheme for world domination. That means, we have cells in countries where drinking age starts as early as with the age of 16. Just pay a visit to our German brethren and share a bottle of true Drop Beer.

By the way: It should be your constitutional right to drink any form of alcohol you want to. That is something all Germans, French, British and Russians believe in. biggrin.gif Wo needs guns when you can have some beer? wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Aug 27 2006, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril @ Aug 27 2006, 03:09 PM)

It's not supposed to. It's supposed to make everyone think the Drop Bear Conspiracy is really an insect spirit conspiracy. That way, they come in with pesticides, you respond with lethal force.

*sigh* It's that esay?

Damn!

biggrin.gif
Angelone
Drops LilithTaveril down an elevator shaft.

Um... darn I've been gone awhile do we drop them off of buildings as in the outside or just anywhere would work. Maybe a shove down some stairs to see how they hanle alot of small drops.

Rereads thread.
nezumi
QUOTE (Oracle)
Who needs guns when you can have some beer? wink.gif

Especially when the beer tends to kill unwary drinkers passing under the bar.
Grinder
What's the status of our novices Angelone and FanGirl? Did you read the whole thread twice?

Did the Drop Test with LilithTaveril happen?
Angelone
Fourth time through, the pain behind my eyes has finally subsided. That has been replaced by a pain on my forehead as I fell over at one point hitting my head on my nightstand.

EDIT- Still waiting for that fragging armored parasol btw, and for taking this long the thing had better be dikoted, not an ally spirit though, spirits are fickle and treacherous things.
Tattered~Seraphim
QUOTE (Oracle)
Wo needs guns when you can have some beer? wink.gif

Or blood! biggrin.gif

The wonders that HMHVV brings........
Oracle
Er...I hereby formally deny that any humanoid member of the Drop Bear Conspiracy sustains him- or herself by the consumption of blood or other body fluids.
fistandantilus4.0
Drop on my brothers. Drop on.
Grinder
Hey, nice to see that you're back smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I can finally get on again, but my new job isn't as understanding as the last. So it's touch and go. Nice to be back though.
Angelone
Posted on July 24, 2004 by Kagetenshi the false prophet. In his Wee bit o fiction thread.

Shit shit shit. Got my left arm shredded up pretty badly by something that looked like a koala with a bad attitude that nailed me from above. We managed to shoot it before it got my throat, but now anyone in the area knows we're here.

I find it interesting in three regards, the first is the passage obivously is about a predessor of the fearsome and majestic drop bear, secondly it was posted 10 and a half months before this thread was started, and it takes place inside the Renraku Arcology. It shows that primative untrained drop bears in fact were behind the shutdown.
Witness
QUOTE (Oracle @ Jul 13 2006, 07:24 AM)
We are still in preparation of something special for you, Brother Witness. Something very special...and delicate...

Er. Excuse my speaking out of place, Masters, it's just that I've been waiting patiently in this antechamber for the 'something special' for over 2 months now. I have no complaints, for such is the privilege of serving such beautiful Masters, and the carpet has pretty patterns in it which I look at when I'm bored. It's just that... well... I really need to go to the toilet. May I be excused?
PlainWhiteSocks
Angelone. That is privileged information. On another note, congratulations on your forth read of the blessed scriptures.

Witness. Ahhhh yes the old stay in the antechamber test. With two months practice, I believe you ready to experience the full exaltation of the Drop test. First, seek out a suitable high perch from which to launch yourself into the glorious Holy Drop. Then wait ever so patiently till a suitable target, such as one of those wretched dissolute fraggles, presents itself to you. During this time it is advised to reflect the true nature of The Drop. Also, you can sustain yourself on delicious eucalyptus leaves and various eucalyptus snacks while sitting at your post. Burning sacred eucalyptus candles will also help you to connect to the inner Drop.

Let us know how it goes.
Witness
Go wait in a tree. Gotcha.

*wanders off*
fistandantilus4.0
also... you can pee. enjoy
Witness
*zzipp*
AAAAaaaaahaaaaahahaaaaaa...
Angelone
"Hey! Watch that!" *sigh* "Another Pith helmet ruined" Wanders off.

My apologies most revered PlainWhiteSocks I was delving into the archives and found that tidbit. I shall be more discreet in the future.
PlainWhiteSocks
Delving is excellent Angelone. Proper research can lead to better equipped groups of magnificent Ninja Drop Bear Commandos. Keep up the good work, and you may get the title of Cloistered Drop Bear some day.
Witness
...aaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012