Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
CanRay
2996: "Kill it with fire" is not a plan.
Angelone
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 16 2010, 11:17 AM) *
2996: "Kill it with fire" is not a plan.

LIES! Dirty filthy, filthy lies! The plan should always involve fire.
CanRay
QUOTE (Angelone @ Oct 16 2010, 12:28 PM) *
LIES! Dirty filthy, filthy lies! The plan should always involve fire.

Yes, but it's never the entirety of the plan. It's just flavor.
Angelone
I suppose I just have simple tastes then. Extractions- fire, snatch and grab- fire, data steal- fire, body guarding- fire. Simple and effective. Then again I'm rarely allowed to plan anything but the kill it with fire runs.
Neraph
QUOTE (Angelone @ Oct 16 2010, 10:03 AM) *
2994: No runs based off of the game Oregon Trail.

2994b: Especially not if one of the runners' name is Aquaman.
Angelone
Omg lol notworthy.gif rotfl.gif I'm so getting that game.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 16 2010, 01:56 PM) *

That made my day. rotfl.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 16 2010, 01:33 PM) *
That made my day. rotfl.gif

I was looking for the original but I couldn't find it. It's from Oregon Trail 1 and it's a pop-up message as the wagon capsizes crossing a river.
Teryon
2997: I am not allowed to use Commanding Voice to force yakuza to 'fight eachother to the death' and declare myself the Barrens Emperor.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 16 2010, 06:56 PM) *

My runner is actually called Aquaman. http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=937068
Whipstitch
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 16 2010, 12:32 PM) *
Yes, but it's never the entirety of the plan. It's just flavor.

Tell that to a water spirit.
Neraph
2998: I am no longer allowed to break the sound barrier with magic on a 400 BP character. As in, my 400 BP mage is no longer allowed to Levitate faster than sound.
The Jopp
I am no longer allowed to create missile mastery trolls with the name of “Sandman” that throws grains of sand that does 10P…

Or “Sandstorm” that throws handfuls of sand as a huge shotgun blast.
ProfGast
On a similar note to ^
I am no longer allowed to create a missile mastery adept with the Signature negative quality who uses roses exclusively as his weapon.
Not even if I justify it with Day Job (Florist)

I am especially not allowed to have him wear a cape, top hat, and formal wear as his usually runner attire. Adding a party-mask that only (barely) covers his eyes is right out.
ProfGast
Death by doublepost
Lansdren
3000 - I am not allowed to make a runner called Elmo especially if he offers to mix special cocktails for people that make them explode.
3000 A - Especially if he's a golf club wielding, kilt wearing Afroamerican
3000 B - His enemy cannot be meatloaf
CanRay
*Sits down to dinner* "Ah, meatloaf, my old nemesis, we meet again..."
Jaid
QUOTE (ProfGast @ Oct 18 2010, 10:47 AM) *
On a similar note to ^
I am no longer allowed to create a missile mastery adept with the Signature negative quality who uses roses exclusively as his weapon.
Not even if I justify it with Day Job (Florist)

I am especially not allowed to have him wear a cape, top hat, and formal wear as his usually runner attire. Adding a party-mask that only (barely) covers his eyes is right out.

*twitch*

i c wut u did thar...

[ Spoiler ]
Angelone
I actually made Tuxedo Mask just to see how long it would take my group to realize it. He didn't last long when they did.
ProfGast
QUOTE (Jaid @ Oct 18 2010, 08:23 AM) *
i c wut u did thar...

To be fair, I only put florist in order to justify having an infinite supply of roses.
Relecs
3001: I am no longer allowed to play shadowrun, no one in my group will run it excpt for me frown.gif
jaellot
QUOTE (Relecs @ Oct 19 2010, 06:42 PM) *
3001: I am no longer allowed to play shadowrun, no one in my group will run it excpt for me frown.gif

I feel your pain. All too well.
DeadLogic
3002: I no longer allow any of my players to make useless Human Characters with a 6 in Edge...

"My name is Diego Valdeeez, this is my trusty sidekick fat hooker [the street samurai, AKA Hachi]! How would you like to buy some hot guns- ah, I mean some really sweet guns from us for an astronomical price?!"

Diego "Did they see us?"
Me "No."
Diego "Then I start humping Hachi again."
Hachi "What!? No, knock it off! They'll hear you!"

EDIT for list number.
Neraph
QUOTE (Relecs @ Oct 19 2010, 06:42 PM) *

This is what I'm going through right now.
Sixgun_Sage
Why not get a skype game together Neraph, Relics, etc? It's wat I have had to do and I'm STILL running the game.
Raven the Trickster
3003: I am not allowed to use a gas grenade filled with AxeTM or it's equivalent on the team when they refuse to shower. This goes equally for the players in real life.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Nov 9 2010, 11:59 PM) *
3003: I am not allowed to use a gas grenade filled with AxeTM or it's equivalent on the team when they refuse to shower. This goes equally for the players in real life.

I'd make an exception for that if the players in RL are that uncouth.
Inncubi
3004: I will not try to throw a grenade when my magnet cyberhand is on.

Sesix
3005: I am no longer aloud to turn the teams van into a fully submersible aquatic vehicle.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Sesix @ Nov 10 2010, 06:14 PM) *
3005: I am no longer aloud to turn the teams van into a fully submersible aquatic vehicle.

3005a: 'Fully submersible aquatic vehicle' does not mean 'drive the car off the pier'.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Nov 10 2010, 01:20 PM) *
3005a: 'Fully submersible aquatic vehicle' does not mean 'drive the car off the pier'.

3005 b. "Car can drive off the pier" doesn't mean that the car can get back up.
jaellot
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Nov 9 2010, 11:59 PM) *

Speaking of, got a convention this weekend. You would'nt have a few of these I could borrow, do you?
Raven the Trickster
QUOTE (jaellot @ Nov 10 2010, 01:33 PM) *
Speaking of, got a convention this weekend. You would'nt have a few of these I could borrow, do you?

Sorry, it got preemptively denied so I don't have any.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (jaellot @ Nov 10 2010, 07:33 PM) *

LARP with two cans of it and label them 'Tailored Pheremones.'
Tyro
QUOTE (Inncubi @ Nov 10 2010, 10:49 AM) *
3004: I will not try to throw a grenade when my magnet cyberhand is on.

I'll have to remember that one and have one of my gangers make that mistake ^_^

I think my players would get a kick out of it.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Nov 10 2010, 03:23 PM) *
LARP with two cans of it and label them 'Tailored Pheremones.'

Careful with those, you might have catgirls rubbing up against you.
Raven the Trickster
I'm not sure I see the problem here nyahnyah.gif
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Nov 11 2010, 02:39 AM) *

http://www.somethingpositive.net/arch/emokitty.jpg
Halinn
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Nov 11 2010, 02:46 AM) *

Draco18s
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Nov 10 2010, 08:39 PM) *

Did I say that it was a problem?
Inncubi
QUOTE (Tyro @ Nov 10 2010, 04:05 PM) *
I'll have to remember that one and have one of my gangers make that mistake ^_^

I think my players would get a kick out of it.

For extra laughs make the ganger be nicknamed "Smartie" and he does the trick while hanging from overheads the characters with his other cyberhand on, from a steel beam.

Nothing like showering them with guts to get a party going...
Kot
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 8 2009, 03:06 PM) *
552. My character is not allowed to believe that the history of Fallout will occur in the 6th World.
552a. That means he may not be a doomsayer mentioning that meta-humanity must build a large number of underground habitats to survive the upcoming hell-fury that will be unleashed in 2077 after the Chinese fail to conquer Alaska.

I'm sorry to do this, but according to Earthdawn (and it being the 4th world), that WILL happen. nyahnyah.gif
The Horrors WILL come when the magic level gets high enough (and already started, Shedim are a kind of those), and the Metahumanity will have to recreate the Kaers and Citadels if they want to survive. nyahnyah.gif
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 11 2010, 12:28 AM) *
Careful with those, you might have catgirls rubbing up against you.

SURGEd simstars. One day I will bring my cat to a convention wearing a harness with a miniature cannon on it. I will call him my SURGE'd catboy gunslinger adept.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Nov 11 2010, 09:42 AM) *
SURGEd simstars. One day I will bring my cat to a convention wearing a harness with a miniature cannon on it. I will call him my SURGE'd catboy gunslinger adept.

I'm not sure cons let pets in.

Still, a cat on a leash (or in some other fashion to keep it from running off) and dressed up would be pretty cool.
Neraph
QUOTE (Kot @ Nov 11 2010, 08:33 AM) *
I'm sorry to do this, but according to Earthdawn (and it being the 4th world), that WILL happen. nyahnyah.gif
The Horrors WILL come when the magic level gets high enough (and already started, Shedim are a kind of those), and the Metahumanity will have to recreate the Kaers and Citadels if they want to survive. nyahnyah.gif

Assuming, of course, that ED = SR. And assuming that the Horrors are immune to freaking lasers and gauss cannons. I don't care what kind of spirit you are, a -1/2 ap then another -10 will remove your Immunity (Normal Weapons) - a F20 spirit only gets 10 armor left. The 4th world didn't have human's technology level that the 6th does now.

Aztechnology's Itzacoutl Gauss Cannon is also referred to as "Horror-B-Gone."
Doc Chase
3006: I am no longer allowed to make dining puns when voicing the team's ghoul contact.
3006a: I am doubly no longer allowed to voice him as Horatio Caine, complete with sunglasses and soundtrack.
Queek
3007: When playing a character with a cat mentor spirit, the character is no longer allowed to run around randomly just because cats do it.
3007a: Nor am I allowed to have the character chase mice, flies, or other small prey, nor am I allowed to have the character meow randomly and loudly until they receive scritches.
3007b: I am no longer allowed to have any character beg for scritches.
3008: I am no longer allowed to customize a pistol to the point where when it fires a normal FMJ round, it does as much damage as a Panther Assault Cannon, just because there are weapons like that in another game
3009: There is no such thing as rock bagpipes, and I need to stop asking to play a bagpipe rocker
3009a: Even if I do manage to get this past a GM, I am no longer allowed to play bagpipe music during games. This freaks out the other players too much
3009b: Accordians and a member of a Rock Klezmer Orchestra are also right out
3010: If I play a Chassdic or otherwise Jewish character, it is -never- Saturday when we actually do the runs
3010a: Even if a run does take place on a Saturday, I will take the roleplaying XP and not whine about the fact my character will end up behind the others
Draco18s
3007c: I am no longer allowed to have any character beg for anything else either. Especially not by caterwauling.
Doc Chase
3010b: I may not name my character Walter Sobtzchek.
Warlordtheft
3010c: Nor may I name him Keyser Söze
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012