Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
Raiki
4128a: Conversely, I will no longer allow my Plan B to be More Grenades. Especially when Plan A is Pretend There's a Plan A to Allow a More Advantageous Start to Plan B.

Incidentally, this came from a session of 'that other game' that my group played once. We came up with multiple plans that could be applied to any situation.

Plan A: Pretend there's a plan A.
Plan B: Set it on fire.
Plan C: Unionize the OrcsOrks.
Plan D: Have the GoliathTroll carry a gorilla.
Plan E: Nude Halfling Pixie water polo.
If all else fails, hit it with a big stick.

~R~
Tyro
QUOTE (Raiki @ Jun 5 2011, 11:27 AM) *
4128a: Conversely, I will no longer allow my Plan B to be More Grenades. Especially when Plan A is Pretend There's a Plan A to Allow a More Advantageous Start to Plan B.

Incidentally, this came from a session of 'that other game' that my group played once. We came up with multiple plans that could be applied to any situation.

~R~

I like
Raiki
Hey, all I did was post an in joke from our gaming group, that's pretty common around these parts; You actually sigged Tim Fragging Minchin. I think you win this particular Wiz-Off sir.

~R~
Tyro
QUOTE (Raiki @ Jun 5 2011, 01:07 PM) *
Hey, all I did was post an in joke from our gaming group, that's pretty common around these parts; You actually sigged Tim Fragging Minchin. I think you win this particular Wiz-Off sir.

~R~

*tip of the hat*
Draco18s
QUOTE (Raiki @ Jun 5 2011, 02:27 PM) *

~R~

Don't forget Plan F: "Drop an Ice Ship on it.
(Best spell ever. Summons a galleon made of ice. There are no requirements that it be in a body of water....1)

1I apologize that I cannot find a link to the spell text, WotC is rather...anal...about that kind of thing. Even Crystal Keep had to remove their rather handy compilations of stuff (like all magic items in one document arranged by item slot, then price).
Edit:
Oh hell yeah. Thanks Google. Page 99, bottom of the right-most column.
CanRay
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 5 2011, 11:57 PM) *
(Best spell ever. Summons a galleon made of ice. There are no requirements that it be in a body of water....1)

1I apologize that I cannot find a link to the spell text, WotC is rather...anal...about that kind of thing. Even Crystal Keep had to remove their rather handy compilations of stuff (like all magic items in one document arranged by item slot, then price).
Edit:

"I cast 'Summon Bigger Fish'."
Stahlseele
*casts* Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 6 2011, 03:57 AM) *

Edit:

Hey! I do the same thing in Exalted. I may run out of motes and willpower quickly but the army is dead by the time I'm done singing Lonely Island's "I'm On A Boat".
CanRay
4129: The reply to "Get a bigger bullet" is not "I'll go get the car."
4129a: If the previous reply was said, done, and still insufficient, the reply is not to be, "I have to go steal a truck now."
Raiki
4129b: It is, instead "Didn't we pass a semi parked a block or so back?"

4130: Even if I am playing a Minotaur Bear Shapeshifter, I am not to refer to the gnome as "bite sized".
4130a: Nor am I to nickname the pixie "Lunch".

~R~
Stahlseele
pixies make poor lunches, because they vanish on death.
and gnomes are simply too stringy/wiry to taste good.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 6 2011, 07:03 PM) *

Does that include bits that have been lopped off prior to the demise of the torso piece?
Raiki
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 6 2011, 08:03 PM) *
and gnomes are simply too stringy/wiry to taste good.

As long as the pixie stays around long enough to hit the stomach lining, the stomach will still send the 'full' signal to the brain. And honesly, that character could have used a few vanished meals anyway, the player was a RoTK nut and based the character off of Xu Chu (translation: fat, stupid and nice...all around a pretty bad 'runner).

~R~
CanRay
Pixies, the ultimate Diet Food. nyahnyah.gif
Raiki
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 6 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Pixies, the ultimate Diet Food. nyahnyah.gif

I like it.

4131: Any character build that involves firing 2 HV modified Panthers from the hip is summarily forbidden.

~R~
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 7 2011, 12:49 AM) *
4129: The reply to "Get a bigger bullet" is not "I'll go get the car."

4129c: Especially if the car IS the bullet.
CanRay
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jun 7 2011, 09:29 AM) *
4129c: Especially if the car IS the bullet.

That's the implication.

4132: Having a Watcher Spirit scream out Blue Oyster Cult's "Burning For You" while dropping Willie Peter (White Phosphorous) Mortal Shells on a target is just plain bad taste.
4132a: So is Elvis' "Burning Love".
4132b: BOC's "Cities of Flame With Rock and Roll" is really, really bad taste, and you will be beaten.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 7 2011, 01:24 PM) *
That's the implication.

4132: Having a Watcher Spirit scream out Blue Oyster Cult's "Burning For You" while dropping Willie Peter (White Phosphorous) Mortal Shells on a target is just plain bad taste.
4132a: So is Elvis' "Burning Love".
4132b: BOC's "Cities of Flame With Rock and Roll" is really, really bad taste, and you will be beaten.

4132c: BOC's "Don't fear the Reaper" should never have a place on a run. Ever.
CanRay
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jun 7 2011, 11:28 AM) *
4132c: BOC's "Don't fear the Reaper" should never have a place on a run. Ever.

Actually, that's on my "Aw drek, we're all going to die!" playlist.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 7 2011, 01:39 PM) *
Actually, that's on my "Aw drek, we're all going to die!" playlist.

Ha. Fair enough.
Faraday
4132d: Jerry Lee Lewis' Great Balls of Fire is similarly prohibited.
Christian Lafay
4132e: Johnny Cash... You know what song.
Raiki
4132f: Also, no matter what the circumstances, anyone suggesting that any song by linkin park is in any way Shadowrun appropriate will be summarily kicked out of the gaming group and shot, not necessarily in that order.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Raiki @ Jun 8 2011, 01:29 AM) *
4132f: Also, no matter what the circumstances, anyone suggesting that any song by linkin park is in any way Shadowrun appropriate will be summarily kicked out of the gaming group and shot, not necessarily in that order.

4132f-1 But there is a racist in Linkin Park, and that is a good plot hook.
Raiki
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jun 7 2011, 09:31 PM) *
4132f-1 But there is a racist in Linkin Park, and that is a good plot hook.

I think that Humanis gives us all the racism we need for our plot hooks without dragging in trashy 80 year old rock music. Not to mention the fact that the band members would be over 100 years old if they were still alive.

~R~
Faraday
QUOTE (Raiki @ Jun 7 2011, 06:35 PM) *
I think that Humanis gives us all the racism we need for our plot hooks without dragging in trashy 80 year old rock music. Not to mention the fact that the band members would be over 100 years old if they were still alive.
Leonization says hello.

Also, who's to say one of them didn't START up humanis?
CanRay
I thought Humanis was the KKK and the Black Panthers getting together one day and going, "You know... We hate each other, yes. But at least we're human, right. Them other folks is just FREAKY! And the Indians just took all of both of our lands! Stole it right from us, like they had it first or something. How about us joining forces to do something about it?" "OK, but we're keeping the white sheets."
Raiki
QUOTE (Faraday @ Jun 7 2011, 09:44 PM) *
Leonization says hello.

Also, who's to say one of them didn't START up humanis?

That's fantastic, I can just see the "Behind the Trid" now.

"Linkin Park: Where shitty worldviews and shitty music collide!"

~R~
Faraday
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 7 2011, 07:22 PM) *
I thought Humanis was the KKK and the Black Panthers getting together one day and going, "You know... We hate each other, yes. But at least we're human, right. Them other folks is just FREAKY! And the Indians just took all of both of our lands! Stole it right from us, like they had it first or something. How about us joining forces to do something about it?" "OK, but we're keeping the white sheets."

They probably were, but someone had to be a mediator, delegator, and/or leader.
Tyro
QUOTE (Raiki @ Jun 7 2011, 07:26 PM) *
That's fantastic, I can just see the "Behind the Trid" now.

"Linkin Park: Where shitty worldviews and shitty music collide!"

~R~

Hey, I like linkin park!
Raiki
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 8 2011, 04:00 PM) *
Hey, I like linkin park!

I'm sorry. wink.gif

~R~
CanRay
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 8 2011, 04:00 PM) *
Hey, I like linkin park!

Isn't there a cybernetic replacement that gives people taste? nyahnyah.gif

EDIT: In your defense, it could be worse and could be generic pap, mass produced, lowest-common denominator pop music.
Tyro
I like a lot of things. My music collection spans ~14 languages, including things like Welsh, Latin, Greek, and Romani.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 9 2011, 02:15 PM) *
I like a lot of things. My music collection spans ~14 languages, including things like Welsh, Latin, Greek, and Romani.

OK, better than my languages of English and Bad English. (I learned the second dealing with folks from the US.).
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 9 2011, 12:23 PM) *
OK, better than my languages of English and Bad English. (I learned the second dealing with folks from the US.).

I build a character recently with those two languages ^_^
CanRay
4133: John McClane cannot be made for 400 BP.
4133a: 500 BP, maybe.
4133b: 550 BP, certainly. He's also likely an Adept.
Halflife
Die Hard is a movie series based around how ridiculous one guy's damage resistance pool is.
Raiki
QUOTE (Halflife @ Jun 9 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Die Hard is a movie series based around how ridiculous one guy's damage resistance pool is.

Nah, he still gets roughed up pretty hard. It's more likely that he's an obscure metavariant of human that has a natural body score of 79/84, and about two dozen levels of High Pain Tolerance.

~R~
Loch
QUOTE (Halflife @ Jun 9 2011, 03:14 PM) *

No, Die Hard is what happens when a group of runners gets taken out by an off-duty Knight Errant officer because they picked the wrong Christmas party to take hostage.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
The element of Surprise is a very powerful thing...smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 9 2011, 03:59 PM) *
The element of Surprise is a very powerful thing...smile.gif

"Ho Ho Ho, now I have a Machine Gun.". nyahnyah.gif

The H&K MP-5, the choice of Die Hard (Pseudo)terrorists everywhere. wink.gif
Udoshi
4134: I am no longer allowed to bump topics that have reached their 100th page.
Tyro
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jun 9 2011, 03:50 PM) *
4134: I am no longer allowed to bump topics that have reached their 100th page.

You noticed that too?

[Edit:] Bump nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 9 2011, 04:29 PM) *
You noticed that too?

[Edit:] Bump nyahnyah.gif

Odd... You must be seeing into the Future... I am only on Page 50. smile.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 9 2011, 09:02 PM) *
Odd... You must be seeing into the Future... I am only on Page 50. smile.gif

Your pages have more posts. The default setting (by which thread length is measured) is 100 pages. wink.gif
CanRay
4135: Redneck Hermetic Mages make the GM's head hurt and want to hurt the character that much more.
4135a: Especially if their favorite saying is, "Hold muh beer an' watch this!"
Raiki
4135b: Redneck shamans, however, are just fine.
4135c: However, the GM will not, under any circumstances, allow you to homebrew a "large mouth bass" totem, so stop asking.
4135d: Seriously. Stop Asking.
4135e: Right now. I mean it.
4135f: Okay, fine. Rocks Fall. Everyone Dies. Are you happy? Because you just ruined the game for everyone. Do you feel satisfied with yourself? No? Good.

~R~
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 9 2011, 04:15 PM) *
could be generic pap, mass produced, lowest-common denominator pop music.

Oh, man, I love that stuff. The cheesier, the better.
Faraday
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 9 2011, 08:15 AM) *
Isn't there a cybernetic replacement that gives people taste? nyahnyah.gif
Yeah, but he only ever takes a cybersniffer at most.
Speaking of which.

4136: I will not take a long whiff from a very smoky drug dispensary when trying to shadow someone.
CanRay
QUOTE (Faraday @ Jun 10 2011, 06:17 AM) *
4136: I will not take a long whiff from a very smoky drug dispensary when trying to shadow someone.

4136a: I will not stop for the munchies while shadowing... Ooooooooooooooooooo, FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012