Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
Draco18s
QUOTE (Bitten the Bug @ Nov 6 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Honey, Loki darlin', I am a mother to a teenagedramaqueen and a dramatweecrownprincess who is turning out pretty much the same way as her big sister. You have no idea of what hell is. Trust me.
Hel, Midgardswyrm and Fenris. My kids can make Fenris beg for scraps, use the Midgardswyrm as a skip rope and make Hel wear make up.

Mmm, my sister was like that (it has so far appeared that college has turned her into a human being, though this may be due to the fact that I see her for days at a time, and not extended periods).
I may actually grant her ownership of her fingers again (I claimed them one at a time some years back because she was poking me).
toturi
QUOTE (Bitten the Bug @ Nov 7 2009, 06:28 AM) *
How much are you willing to pay me? grinbig.gif

The point is not how much is he willing to pay you, the question should be what does he have that you'd want.
Lok1 :)
I could always stop useing my technomancer powers and allow Dumpshock Data haven to realise.
Bitten the Bug
QUOTE (toturi @ Nov 7 2009, 04:38 AM) *
The point is not how much is he willing to pay you, the question should be what does he have that you'd want.

Ah, but I am polite. For now. wink.gif
If he doesn't come up with something interesting. Don't worry, I got plenty of ideas. grinbig.gif
The fate of Loke might tempt me into trying it out on Lok1. grinbig.gif
crash2029
QUOTE (Lok1 :) @ Nov 7 2009, 02:58 AM) *
I could always stop useing my technomancer powers and allow Dumpshock Data haven to realise.

You better hope Bull doesn't hear you say that...
Ravor
Probably already been mentioned but I'm feeling too damned good to reread the entire thread to doublecheck.

(xxxx) I will not throw my victims ... err players ... against an Elven Blood Mage with a full pack of bound Bloodzillas.
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Nov 8 2009, 07:20 AM) *
You better hope Bull doesn't hear you say that...

*Shifty eyes* He has eyes and ears everywear, I can trust no one. Us technomancers are always hunted.
Ravor
silly.gif For good reason I might add, tool of Deus. silly.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Ravor @ Nov 8 2009, 01:44 AM) *
silly.gif For good reason I might add, tool of Deus. silly.gif

Hey now, my last (i.e. only) technomancer was initially designed with the intent and backstory to be fighting against AIs.

(Space opera themed game, where once a civ advances to a high enough tech level, all computers get infected with a virus that is being broadcast over the entire galaxy (and has been for a while) that causes machines to become sentient and overthrow their creators. My character would have been incapable of getting cyber and would have had an ASIST device of some kind to access the matrix, and while logged in his home system revolts, throwing him into the ether, outruns various AIs and eventually meets the rest of the players. It was intended to be unclear if he was a dataghost or a technomancer who couldn't figure out how to log out).
Bitten the Bug
QUOTE (Lok1 :) @ Nov 8 2009, 07:41 AM) *
*Shifty eyes* He has eyes and ears everywear, I can trust no one. Us technomancers are always hunted.

Ohhh, bounty.. Me like.. Now how much are you willing to donate to my childrens collegefunds??
'Sconnie
1103: Fichetti Pain Inducers do not work by playing songs by William Hung
1103a: Or Celine Dion
1103b: Or Polka
1103c: Or Rick Astley
Blackb1rd
1104: I am not allowed to act as the groups face when nobody is paying attention.
1104A:Especially if my intelligence and charisma are no better than average.
1104B: In Fact the charisma thing is below average for an elf...
Ravor
silly.gif Draco18s that is just what the virus wants you to think. silly.gif
rk_kobayashi
1105: I am not allowed to cadge two-thirds of my campaign's NPC cast from Evangelion.... again.
1105a: Not even if their backstories and careers have been changed (to protect the innocent.... well, the psychologically incapable).

1106: I am not allowed to cadge characters and plot elements from Koi Kaze and use them as a driving focus for the "first season" of the campaign.... again.

crash2029
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Nov 8 2009, 10:16 AM) *
1103: Fichetti Pain Inducers do not work by playing songs by William Hung
1103a: Or Celine Dion
1103b: Or Polka
1103c: Or Rick Astley

Well there goes that idea. Thanks alot. sarcastic.gif
1107: I am no longer allowed to attempt to destroy the space needle
1108: If I do nomatter where I run I will somehow I will be brought to justice and killed in a painfull manner.
Crash I have an alteration of the line from your signature
"WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD ALLOW A GHOUL TO ENGAGE IN CRITICAL SURGERY ON THEM?"
This actualy happend in one of my games, to me I was nocked out and my group had a ghoul street doc save me.
The GMings raspy voice for the street doc made me cry and sqirm.
Degausser
1109: I cannot load a bunch of anime into my headware memory and claim that I have a Japanese Linguasoft
1110: My character is not in an anime
1110b: As such his character concept cannot be "That one guy that demands everyone address him as "-sama"
1110c: I am most certainly not to demand that the Yakuza Oyabun call me "-sama"
1110d: Above all, I am not allowed to do that if I am a Nerdy White guy with only a rudimentary knowledge of Japanese
1110e: If I do the above, I am not to cry foul when the GM kills my runner poser posterior.
KnightIII
1111: There is never a reason to include a plastic pipe, a hampster, and a jar of vasaline in my running gear.

1112: There is no Exotic Weapon Proficency in 1111.

1113: While the GM may be forced to grant a bonus to interrogations using 1111 we do NOT want to RP it.
1113a: No, we definately do NOT want to see you LARP it for maximum visual effect.
Cardul
1113b: And, it is more disturbing if, somehow, it is a chromed hamster with glowing red cybereyes and paw-razors
Stahlseele
"go for the eyes boo, go for the eyes!"
'Sconnie
1114: After dispatching an enemy with any sort of kick, I am not allowed to say "Road House." EVER.
BookWyrm
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Nov 9 2009, 12:17 PM) *
1114: After dispatching an enemy with any sort of kick, I am not allowed to say "Road House." EVER.

1114b: Nor am I to impersonate Patrick Swayze in any situation. EVER.
1114c: Nor am I to remind any team-mate named Bubba "Watch out for the bear." EVER.
1114d: Riping out the Adam's Apple of any opponent does not increase my chances with a potential mate. IN ANY CONTEXT.
1114e: Nor am I to use ANY reference to Point Break. EVER.
Olaf Eisengeist Magnusson
1115: Bears are goal oriented creatures. Don't provoke them.
Xahn Borealis
1116: I am not allowed to refer to my penis IRL as:
1116a: My Power Focus
1116b: My Concealed Predator
1116c: My Cyberspur
1116d: (Anyone got any more?)
Headshot_Joe
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 9 2009, 01:39 PM) *

Revision:
1116: I am not allowed to refer to my penis IRL, at least not at the gaming table.
QUOTE (Headshot_Joe @ Nov 10 2009, 12:26 AM) *
Revision:
1116: I am not allowed to refer to my penis IRL, at least not at the gaming table.

That assums you have one. (Sorry my teenager side took over) grinbig.gif
Headshot_Joe
QUOTE (Lok1 :) @ Nov 9 2009, 05:09 PM) *
That assums you have one. (Sorry my teenager side took over) grinbig.gif

Re-revision:
1116: I am not allowed to refer to my genitalia IRL, at least not to my gaming compatriots.
1116a: This rule may be temporarily voided by the GM in the instance that the player in question meets the following criteria:
  • Player must be the opposite sex of the majority of the other players (IE the girl in the group composed of mostly guys, or vice versa).
  • A vote must be held by the group to determine if the player in question is attractive enough to be talking about said genitalia without disgusting the group.
  • The Player must have bathed the day of said mentioning of genitalia, and the reference can not be of a disgusting manner.
  • In the event that the reference to said genitalia is misunderstood by any member of the group, the player in question must be willing to display said genitalia to the group.
  • In the event the player in question is unwilling to cooperate, the GM may call into effect the "Tits or GTFO" clause, in which case the unwilling piece of eye candy- er...player in question will be expelled for the rest of the gaming period, so as the others may converse about the player in question behind their backs.

NOTE: It is important that the player in question be of the legal age of consent, 18 years old in most of America.

[/perversion]
Tachi
QUOTE (Headshot_Joe @ Nov 9 2009, 07:37 PM) *
Re-revision:
1116: I am not allowed to refer to my genitalia IRL, at least not to my gaming compatriots.
1116a: This rule may be temporarily voided by the GM in the instance that the player in question meets the following criteria:
  • Player must be the opposite sex of the majority of the other players (IE the girl in the group composed of mostly guys, or vice versa).
  • A vote must be held by the group to determine if the player in question is attractive enough to be talking about said genitalia without disgusting the group.
  • The Player must have bathed the day of said mentioning of genitalia, and the reference can not be of a disgusting manner.
  • In the event that the reference to said genitalia is misunderstood by any member of the group, the player in question must be willing to display said genitalia to the group.
  • In the event the player in question is unwilling to cooperate, the GM may call into effect the "Tits or GTFO" clause, in which case the unwilling piece of eye candy- er...player in question will be expelled for the rest of the gaming period, so as the others may converse about the player in question behind their backs.

NOTE: It is important that the player in question be of the legal age of consent, 18 years old in most of America.

[/perversion]

You know, for a second there, I thought you might have played in one of my games...
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 9 2009, 04:39 PM) *

1116d-My Panther Cannon
1116E-My gauss rifle
1116f-I may not augment it to include a pistol, ares squirt, or other such nonsense.
'Sconnie
1117: There will be no Family Guy/Shadowrun crossover one shot. EVER. Not in my group.
1117a: It doesn't matter how much beer, liquor, money, or sex you attempt to bribe me with, no dice!
Screaming Eagle
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Nov 10 2009, 12:42 PM) *
1117a: It doesn't matter how much beer, liquor, money, or sex you attempt to bribe me with, no dice!

Is this some kind of dare?
Godwyn
1118: Not allowed to take the negative qualities, Dementia, Multiple Personalities, and Hallucinations. Even though it would've been hilarious!
1119: Dues is not "Still Alive" and he never promised anyone cake.
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Lok1 :) @ Nov 10 2009, 02:15 PM) *

1119a: nor can I have the small industrial corp the runners are scheduled to hit be aperture science, Inc.
1119b: and absolutely can not make the macguffin an ASHPD.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Godwyn @ Nov 10 2009, 06:01 PM) *
1118: Not allowed to take the negative qualities, Dementia, Multiple Personalities, and Hallucinations. Even though it would've been hilarious!

Not allowed to take them anyway. The bonus BP is 20 each!
Kazu
1120. I am not allowed to send the party to the middle of nowhere labeled LV-426 on the map
1120a. There will not be an uninhabited building there with a basement.
1120b. There will not be odd fleshy sacks in the basement that appear to be able to open... again
1120c. I WILL NOT encourage players to take a closer look at said fleshy sacks followed by the words "What harm can it do?"
Godwyn
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 10 2009, 10:55 PM) *
Not allowed to take them anyway. The bonus BP is 20 each!

Not allowed singly or together grinbig.gif Though there are ways. . .
tisoz
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 9 2009, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Nov 10 2009, 10:04 AM) *
1116d-My Panther Cannon
1116E-My gauss rifle
1116f-I may not augment it to include a pistol, ares squirt, or other such nonsense.

1116G: Mr., errr, Johnson
Tachi
QUOTE (Lok1 :) @ Nov 10 2009, 01:15 PM) *

Wouldn't matter if he did... The cake is a lie.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Tachi @ Nov 10 2009, 09:56 PM) *
Wouldn't matter if he did... The cake is a lie.

But there's still Science to do.
Screaming Eagle
1121. As a GM I will not place the highest consevable rating Databomb in EVERYTHING, even the Johnsons underwear's RDIF tag - no matter how good an idea it is for everyone to do this all the time and how freaking cheap it is.
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Nov 11 2009, 04:19 PM) *
But there's still Science to do.

Are you still their? <---CLICK THE LINK, CLICK IT!
crash2029
QUOTE (Kazu @ Nov 10 2009, 06:32 PM) *
1120. I am not allowed to send the party to the middle of nowhere labeled LV-426 on the map
1120a. There will not be an uninhabited building there with a basement.
1120b. There will not be odd fleshy sacks in the basement that appear to be able to open... again
1120c. I WILL NOT encourage players to take a closer look at said fleshy sacks followed by the words "What harm can it do?"

I don't get it.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Nov 11 2009, 09:24 PM) *
I don't get it.

Alien.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 11 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Alien.

Or, as the great Phil Ken Sebben would say, "Ha-HA! Face full of alien wing wong!" rotfl.gif
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Lok1 :) @ Nov 11 2009, 03:00 PM) *
Are you still their? <---CLICK THE LINK, CLICK IT!

Based a pair of AI's that had gotten trapped in some turrets on that, the runners "rescued" them and set them up in the team's hideout in an abandoned hospital in the barrens.
Bitten the Bug
1122. I am not allowed to be graphic when it comes to explaining how to disembowl a human.
1123. I am not allowed to explain in how many ways one can neuter a cat, dog, horse or guineapig.
1123a. Then do the same to a hostile male in the game.
1123b Then feed my cat with the remains.
1124 I am not allowed to be creative with a piece of pianowire.
Neraph
QUOTE (Headshot_Joe @ Nov 9 2009, 07:37 PM) *
Re-revision:

[/perversion]

IIRC, 18 is the safe bet, but many places go down to 15, and in Mississippi, a virgin can consent at age 12 (this is, of course, a one-time deal).

http://maddad0467.newsvine.com/_news/2009/...nt-law-by-state
Jericho Alar
just incidentally, the virgin age 12 consent thing is probably not something you want to rely on in the mississippi court of law. while I don't feel like doing the research I'm pretty sure it's bluebooked by a later statute that just neglected to repeal it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012