Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jun 20 2011, 05:08 PM) *
If it is improvised, it wasn't given to them. They made it in front of you and you didn't notice. For shame, haha.
No, it was something that I thought would freak them out about a contact. Said contact's companions were scared of it (And he was a member of the Irish Republican Army in Exile!).
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 20 2011, 10:44 PM) *
No, it was something that I thought would freak them out about a contact. Said contact's companions were scared of it (And he was a member of the Irish Republican Army in Exile!).

Ah, nevermind.
CanRay
< Bad-Irish-Accent >"I have a bus."< /Bad-Irish-Accent >
redwulf25
4160: No longer allowed to base a street gang on the Adams family.
4160a:Especially if Wednesday makes the players piss themselves.
CanRay
4160a-I: Not allowed to base a Shadowrunner based off Wednesday Addams. Shadowrunners are anti-social borderline sociopaths who shoot people in the face for money. Wednesday is just too far.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 20 2011, 05:59 PM) *
4160a-I: Not allowed to base a Shadowrunner based off Wednesday Addams. Shadowrunners are anti-social borderline sociopaths who shoot people in the face for money. Wednesday is just too far.

Did you know Wednesday's middle name is Friday?
CanRay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 20 2011, 07:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 21 2011, 12:03 AM) *
Did you know Wednesday's middle name is Friday?
Yes I did, actually. IIRC, she was named off a nursery rhyme or some such.

Ironically, the Wednesday Addams from the movies is one of the characters I used when I created "The Suit".

I may have to relegate him to writing status, however. It's damned hard to keep that straight and emotionless a front myself. I'm too emotional and hyperkinetic.
HunterHerne
4161- I will not allow my PCs to make a new PC piss his pants during the interview.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jun 21 2011, 11:27 PM) *
4161- I will not allow my PCs to make a new PC piss his pants during the interview.

4161 plausible rebuttal - "I didn't piss my pants! I presented my enemy with a desire not to touch me, which is a means of escape or attack!"
Side note - Has been used to far too many games to get a LS Officer's hands off of a character.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jun 21 2011, 07:36 PM) *
4161 plausible rebuttal - "I didn't piss my pants! I presented my enemy with a desire not to touch me, which is a means of escape or attack!"
Side note - Has been used to far too many games to get a LS Officer's hands off of a character.

That may be true, but in this case, it was the PC having an interview to join the PC group. Background, was that he'd just been fired from his job, and wanted payback. Since the runners were already planning a run against the corp, and the wage slave was the way in until he got fired, he figured he'd try the running route (a hacker. Also, the teams previous hacker got himself in a bind. Reality caught up with the player, and he had to take an extended leave from the game.) During the interview, the PC's were cleaning their weapons/practicing kata, and one was a red-skinned, six-armed, female mage who wore skimpy clothing. With the lighting, the player figured his character would be a little freaked, so I requested an intimidation opposed test, which the hacker failed to oppose. Miserably.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jun 21 2011, 11:45 PM) *
That may be true, but in this case, it was the PC having an interview to join the PC group. Background, was that he'd just been fired from his job, and wanted payback. Since the runners were already planning a run against the corp, and the wage slave was the way in until he got fired, he figured he'd try the running route (a hacker. Also, the teams previous hacker got himself in a bind. Reality caught up with the player, and he had to take an extended leave from the game.) During the interview, the PC's were cleaning their weapons/practicing kata, and one was a red-skinned, six-armed, female mage who wore skimpy clothing. With the lighting, the player figured his character would be a little freaked, so I requested an intimidation opposed test, which the hacker failed to oppose. Miserably.

Red... Six.... Yup. I would say so.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jun 21 2011, 07:53 PM) *
Red... Six.... Yup. I would say so.

Yeah. Game didn't last much longer, but I had plans for her... heh heh heh.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jun 17 2011, 09:56 PM) *
I have to. It's a teaching aid. The same reason they don't let inmates play DnD. "It promotes a gang like unity as well as instructional methods on escaping incarceration".

Is that an actual quote? Where is it from?
Bigity
Sounds like a BADD flyer to me.

(Bothered about Dungeons and Dragons for you younger folks: http://www.rpgstudies.net/stackpole/pulling_report.html)
ggodo
Dead link, bigity.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jun 22 2011, 09:22 AM) *
Is that an actual quote? Where is it from?

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/01/25/dun...rison-security/

There, an expert on prison gangs argued not only that having a Dungeon Master issue direction to other players “mimics the organization of a gang", but that the game encourages players to become obsessed with mentally escaping the restrictions of prison life, which could threaten “the safety and security of the institution.”
Faraday
4162: I am no longer allowed to assassinate my enemy's defense lawyer.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Faraday @ Jun 27 2011, 05:44 AM) *
4162: I am no longer allowed to assassinate my enemy's defense lawyer.

4162a: Unless said lawyer attempted to use the Chewbacca defense.
CanRay
4162b: Unless I have a legal contract to assassinate anyone in that law firm from the Government and not only will not be criminally charged for doing so, but actually PAID!
HunterHerne
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 27 2011, 08:09 PM) *
4162b: Unless I have a legal contract to assassinate anyone in that law firm from the Government and not only will not be criminally charged for doing so, but actually PAID!

Governments have been known to abandon "assets" if they leave too much evidence, though. No different from anyone else in the sixth world, but if it gets enough publicity, it may be in their best interest to "leak" anything that doesn't directly lead to them to the right wageslave.
Rubic
4163. Making the GM cry will henceforth be recognized as a likely sign that future acts of the kind which led to said crying are forever after vetoed.
4163a. Lapping up said tears is not only forbidden, but just plain rude.
4163b. A noted exception is when the GM cries from laughing too hard. However, lapping up the tears is STILL forbidden, and STILL considered exceedingly rude.
CanRay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 27 2011, 07:09 PM) *
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jun 27 2011, 08:59 PM) *
Governments have been known to abandon "assets" if they leave too much evidence, though. No different from anyone else in the sixth world, but if it gets enough publicity, it may be in their best interest to "leak" anything that doesn't directly lead to them to the right wageslave.
Actually, I was referring to "Tagon's Toughs" from Schlock Mercenary, who have a contract to kill one million lawyers. nyahnyah.gif
longbowrocks
4164. I should no longer be a hacker. The advantages are amazing, but I eat extended tests morning noon and night. I don't even think I would have time for a healing test if the need arose.
Hagga
4165. I am no longer allowed to method role play characters with drinking problems or accents.
Marwynn
My Indiana Jones + Han Solo ripoff character can no longer be friends with a Sasquatch mechanic. Asking him to rip off arms should remain a threat, not a regular occurrence.

bobbaganoosh
4166. I am not allowed to put max armor on all of my cyberlimbs, and then wear armor over it.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (bobbaganoosh @ Jun 28 2011, 07:20 PM) *
4166. I am not allowed to put max armor on all of my cyberlimbs, and then wear armor over it.

Why the hell not? That is exactly why we have called shots.
DamienKnight
QUOTE (bobbaganoosh @ Jun 28 2011, 01:20 PM) *
Amen.
jaellot
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Jun 28 2011, 01:22 PM) *
My Indiana Jones + Han Solo ripoff character can no longer be friends with a Sasquatch mechanic. Asking him to rip off arms should remain a threat, not a regular occurrence.

#????-a- I am, however, still allowed to name my T-bird the Millenium Falcon, and arm myself with a bull whip.
Rubic
QUOTE (jaellot @ Jun 28 2011, 05:47 PM) *
#????-a- I am, however, still allowed to name my T-bird the Millenium Falcon, and arm myself with a bull whip.

Damien Knight [on the phone]: What the hell is an 'aluminum falcon"?
Raven the Trickster
#4167 As a GM, I am no longer allowed to have better insight into a character than the player who created that character.

#4167-a Obvious exception to be made for characters with the Amnesia negative quality.
Rubic
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Jul 17 2011, 11:16 PM) *
#4167 As a GM, I am no longer allowed to have better insight into a character than the player who created that character.

#4167-a Obvious exception to be made for characters with the Amnesia negative quality.

4167-a-1 ... Or addiction Laes
CanRay
4168: I am no longer allowed to try and stop Shadowrunners by spraying them with high pressure hoses that shoot beer.
4168a: US-Style Beer when used as a weapon is against numerous conventions including a unanimous agreement of the Corporate Court and could get me considered a war criminal of the worst sort.
Rubic
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 18 2011, 02:02 AM) *
4168: I am no longer allowed to try and stop Shadowrunners by spraying them with high pressure hoses that shoot beer.
4168a: US-Style Beer when used as a weapon is against numerous conventions including a unanimous agreement of the Corporate Court and could get me considered a war criminal of the worst sort.

4168b European beer, on the other hand, would make me a hero, provided it was kept chilled until use.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Rubic @ Jul 18 2011, 12:04 AM) *
4168b European beer, on the other hand, would make me a hero, provided it was kept chilled until use.

I really wish I could understand Beer... Unfortunately, I am hopelessly uneducated when it comes to that particular substance.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2011, 03:22 PM) *
I really wish I could understand Beer... Unfortunately, I am hopelessly uneducated when it comes to that particular substance.

Beer is icky and leaves stains . .
Aku
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2011, 08:22 AM) *

Amen, give me some (diet) mt dew, and some Captain. Tastes like an Orange cream cicle
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 18 2011, 07:27 AM) *

I knew it had to be something, and now I know... Thanks Stahlseele... smile.gif
ggodo
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 18 2011, 05:27 AM) *

But. . .. You're German!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ggodo @ Jul 18 2011, 08:03 AM) *
But. . .. You're German!

Heh... How Rude. As if all Germans are supposed to... Hey! Wait! You may have a point.
DamienKnight
4168c When my shadowrun group goes to a restaurant that brews its own beer and everyone orders a 5 drink house sampler and no one likes the dark beer, I am not allowed to drink everyones left over beer then run around Gencon Indy drunkenly shouting, 'Dont tell Mr. Johnson, IM A GHOUL!'
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2011, 04:01 PM) *
I knew it had to be something, and now I know... Thanks Stahlseele... smile.gif

QUOTE (ggodo @ Jul 18 2011, 04:03 PM) *
But. . .. You're German!

I am in a position to have an educated opinion on the matter due to having german beer as a benchmark . .

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2011, 04:08 PM) *
Heh... How Rude. As if all Germans are supposed to... Hey! Wait! You may have a point.

kinda strange, considering we are as much a car-people as the americans . .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 18 2011, 08:13 AM) *
I am in a position to have an educated opinion on the matter due to having german beer as a benchmark . .

kinda strange, considering we are as much a car-people as the americans . .

Beer and Cars mix?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2011, 04:18 PM) *
Beer and Cars mix?

Well, somehow . . cars and alcohol usually don't/should not . .
Hell, one of my buddies even has a holding/cooling unit for a 6l beer keg built into his car including a tap so he can have a fresh one if he feels like it . .
CanRay
That's some fine German engineering there!

4169: I am no longer allowed to derail threads with talk of beer.
4169a: Unless it's really, really good beer.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 18 2011, 08:26 AM) *
Well, somehow . . cars and alcohol usually don't/should not . .
Hell, one of my buddies even has a holding/cooling unit for a 6l beer keg built into his car including a tap so he can have a fresh one if he feels like it . .

Heh... Totally Awesome... smile.gif
Elfenlied
4170: I am no longer allowed to bind elemental spirits with elemental aura into my revolver's bullets.
4170a: Even if I insist the gun was made by Samuel Colt
CanRay
4170b: I should keep my fanboy nature of John Browning to a minimum.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 19 2011, 08:59 AM) *
4170b: I should keep my fanboy nature of John Browning to a minimum.

John Who? smile.gif
Xahn Borealis
This is he.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012