Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
'Sconnie
2083: The company is called Delek Dragon, not Dalek Dragon
2083a: Said comapny's security drones do not shout EXTERMINATE!! at every opportunity.
Orcus Blackweather
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Dec 30 2009, 07:55 AM) *
Fortunately the Build/Repair rules in ShadowRun make things like that a decade long process.

Well only for the first few. By the time you have dozens of the things they grow exponentially, if the GM allows.
MrOramri
2084: I am no longer allowed to hire a hooker to distract a technomancer during a run

2085: I am no longer allowed to spend all of my character creation money on building a Chuck Norris robot.
Tyro
QUOTE (MrOramri @ Dec 30 2009, 06:42 PM) *
2084: I am no longer allowed to hire a hooker to distract a technomancer during a run

Why not?

2085: I am no longer allowed to spend all of my character creation money on building a Chuck Norris robot.

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!
Chrysalis
2086. I am no longer allowed to talk about my surgical fetish or base a character around it.
2087. The doctor isn't in.
2088. I am no longer allowed to take a handful of drugs just to see what happens just because I am bored. (not only does the whole system go boink, but so does the GM)
2089. I am no longer allowed to go to a pharm party.
ker'ion
QUOTE (Orcus Blackweather @ Dec 30 2009, 06:45 PM) *
Well only for the first few. By the time you have dozens of the things they grow exponentially, if the GM allows.
It only took me six months, since I started with two black-market repair droids at the start of game.
Then I bought a small mining planet.

That last one was the GM's fault, as far as I was concerned.
'Sconnie
2090: Foam explosives are not to be administered orally.
Delarn
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Jan 2 2010, 10:06 PM) *

Oh that's bad !
MikeKozar
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Jan 2 2010, 01:06 PM) *

2091: Foam explosives are now 'For external use only'.
'Sconnie
2092: Not allowed to play a free spirit who claims to be the ghost of pitchman Billy Mays.
Red_Cap
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Jan 3 2010, 02:45 PM) *
2092: Not allowed to play a free spirit who claims to be the ghost of pitchman Billy Mays.

He'd make a great Face, though!
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Jan 3 2010, 04:45 PM) *

2092a: I am however encouraged to make this as an npc when I gm, and have him be a Mr. J pissed off about the use of his image to sell inferior products!
Draco18s
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Jan 4 2010, 02:45 PM) *
2092a: I am however encouraged to make this as an npc when I gm, and have him be a Mr. J pissed off about the use of his image to sell inferior products!

Scam, wow!
Tiny Deev
2093: When someone says "We need to act fast!" I can't reply with "You're right, get me a clown suit and a shovel!"
2093b: I can't walk around in a clown suit asking kids if they want to find out what I buried underneath my house.

(Rules all men can live by, in game or out, really. smile.gif )
Nightfalke
2094: Multiple doses of LongHaul and Amphetamines are NOT a substitute for Astral Perception.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Nightfalke @ Jan 5 2010, 09:38 AM) *
2094: Multiple doses of LongHaul and Amphetamines are NOT a substitute for Astral Perception.

2094a: Nor consuming more than 24 oz. of any beverage containing more than 50% Caffiene in one sitting. The 'chipmunk incident' is clear proof of this.
2094b: Caf-Pow is also restricted.
'Sconnie
2095: Any character based on any American Idol finalist will be killed with a Thor Shot at the beginning of play
2095a: If it's based on Sanjaya, Knight Errant's breaking out the tacnukes.
NeoSilver
2096 My character is not allowed to exploit tax shelters to make utterly horrible films and get his production money back.
2097 James Cameron's design for the Na'vi are not elves.
2097a. I will not check to see if the elf glows bright blue.
2097b. If the elf is glowing bright blue, I won't ask about hometree, but will instead call Doc Wagon and inform them they've got a rad case on their hands.
2098 The dragons are, as a rule, a lot older than my character. I am not allowed to call bullshit on them.
Tyro
QUOTE (NeoSilver @ Jan 5 2010, 03:04 PM) *
2096 My character is not allowed to exploit tax shelters to make utterly horrible films and get his production money back.
<snip>

Was that a Producers reference? I love that movie - Gene Wilder FTW ^_^
MikeKozar
QUOTE (NeoSilver @ Jan 5 2010, 02:04 PM) *
2098 The dragons are, as a rule, a lot older than my character. I am not allowed to call bullshit on them.

2099 There was only ever one dragon who found my antics amusing, and he's not in this edition. Plan accordingly.
Dahrken
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jan 6 2010, 12:48 AM) *
Was that a Producers reference? I love that movie - Gene Wilder FTW ^_^

Could be an Uwe Boll reference too.
Maelstrome
2100 i am not allowed to have a Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device filled with acid.
'Sconnie
2101: Urban Brawl does not have "Disco Breaks."
'Sconnie
2102: I may not request to be paid in "oldyen"
Draco18s
2103: I may not create a character with the necessary skills to open a proctology clinic.

(This actually happened in a Serenity game, for some reason it was given more go ahead than using the "I have free money" quality and buying a second spaceship)
'Sconnie
2104: People from Sioux do not have Yiddish as their native language.
Draco18s
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Jan 10 2010, 10:28 AM) *
2104: People from Sioux do not have Yiddish as their native language.

Of course not. It's Sioux.
Neraph
QUOTE (NeoSilver @ Jan 5 2010, 04:04 PM) *

Of course not; they're obviously Trolls (probably Fomori) with SURGED characteristics, namely: balance tail, cat eyes (replacing their thermo), keen eared, (possibly) bioluminescence, and striking skin pigmentation. Need I remind you that they were about 8-10 feet tall and their arrows could destroy helicopters? Obviously trolls.
'Sconnie
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 10 2010, 04:54 PM) *
Of course not. It's Sioux.

Zayt nisht meshuge....
Draco18s
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Jan 10 2010, 01:47 PM) *

Ow. My brain.
Tyro
Mel Brooks ftw. One of his few triumphs (assuming you cut the last scene).
AngelisStorm
QUOTE (NeoSilver @ Jan 5 2010, 05:04 PM) *
2097a. I will not check to see if the elf glows bright blue.
2097b. If the elf is glowing bright blue, I won't ask about hometree, but will instead call Doc Wagon and inform them they've got a rad case on their hands.

QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 10 2010, 12:19 PM) *
Of course not; they're obviously Trolls (probably Fomori) with SURGED characteristics, namely: balance tail, cat eyes (replacing their thermo), keen eared, (possibly) bioluminescence, and striking skin pigmentation. Need I remind you that they were about 8-10 feet tall and their arrows could destroy helicopters? Obviously trolls.

2097c. I shall not use Avatar as an arguement for why bows should not have a Str cap.
Jaid
their arrows didn't destroy helicopters. their arrows, when combined with the added velocity gained by firing them from a diving bird-thing, were able to penetrate glass and kill people behind said glass. the helicopters were fine. well, until they crashed because they had no (living) pilot, they were fine.
MatrixJargon
2105. I can not roll to see how many "totally hot chicks" I walk in to the starting scene with.

2106. If another runner attempts to same thing, I may not jack some dice and roll to see how many of the are shemales or transvestities.

2107. No, I may not call my team mate a zoophile after he slept with a shapeshifter. It is insensitive.

2108. Just because we're using a pink leopard spotted beanie bag to signify the car on the map, does not mean that I should continuously act as if the car is ACTUALLY pink and leopard spotted in character

2109. I can no longer threaten to let my troll team mate rape our captive for extra dice on my intimidation roll. Even if I think he would totally go for it.

2110. I can no longer hack the facilities speakers to play the Mission Impossible theme music during our escape.

2111. I may no longer hack the facilities speakers to play Sephiroth's theme music, nomatter how much this fight seems like a boss battle to me.
'Sconnie
2112: No hitting on Frosty when we're playing the Dawn of the Artifacts adventures.
Neraph
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jan 11 2010, 12:26 AM) *
their arrows didn't destroy helicopters. their arrows, when combined with the added velocity gained by firing them from a diving bird-thing, were able to penetrate glass and kill people behind said glass. the helicopters were fine. well, until they crashed because they had no (living) pilot, they were fine.

Details.
Ophis
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 10 2010, 05:19 PM) *

Blue Wakayambi.
WyldKnight
See that's what i thought too, though with a bit more SURGE

2113. Just because I can do it, setting fire to an orphanage as a distraction is just bad taste and should be avoided.
The Jopp
Yup - Surged Wakayambi

Balance Tail
Metagenic Improvement [Strength] (They ARE 10 Feet Tall)
Bioluminescence
Extravagant Eyes [Slightly Large]
Striking Skin Pigmentation [Blue]

I can see a Run in the jungle around a huge ass awakened tree where a corporation have found a naturally occurring Orichalcum deposit.

The magic from that location has surged both the tree and the Wakayambi who now have a symbiotic relationship.
Method
QUOTE (MatrixJargon @ Jan 11 2010, 01:44 AM) *
2105. I can not roll to see how many "totally hot chicks" I walk in to the starting scene with.
Ha! Thats funny because I had a player who did that. His PC was a womanizing man-whore with a cure disease spell anchored on his junk, and it got to the point where it was just easier to "roll for chicks" than deal with the debauchery in detail.
tagz
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jan 13 2010, 02:12 PM) *
I can see a Run in the jungle around a huge ass awakened tree where a corporation have found a naturally occurring Orichalcum deposit.

No joke, that was the second and third parts to my first story arc a few months ago in the game I'm GMing, right down to the Orichalcum.

The tree was an awakened Mahogany (mostly after watching DBZ The Abridged) and they were fighting loggers from a mega for a bunch of arrow shooting forest dwellers.

I think I need to see this movie to see if I can sue them for stealing my ideas n_n
Draco18s
QUOTE (tagz @ Jan 13 2010, 03:53 PM) *
I think I need to see this movie to see if I can sue them for stealing my ideas n_n

Good luck. I know someone who had the concept of a Stargate before Stargate did.
Tyro
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jan 13 2010, 05:12 AM) *
Yup - Surged Wakayambi

Balance Tail
Bioluminescence

The magic from that location has surged both the tree and the Wakayambi who now have a symbiotic relationship.

Well done! *doffs his hat*
'Sconnie
2114: No doing anything that would make Kane say "Sweet southern baby Jesus!"
MatrixJargon
QUOTE (Method @ Jan 13 2010, 07:12 PM) *
Ha! Thats funny because I had a player who did that. His PC was a womanizing man-whore with a cure disease spell anchored on his junk, and it got to the point where it was just easier to "roll for chicks" than deal with the debauchery in detail.

Ikasu was a major womanizer, and he had waaay to high Charisma using cultred tailored pheromones in third edition, or whatever. So my GM just let me roll for chicks. Everytime another PC attempted and failed to sweet talk a woman, the GM would make a crack about seeing my character with that woman after the session. Good times.
Neraph
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jan 13 2010, 07:12 AM) *
Yup - Surged Wakayambi

Balance Tail
Bioluminescence

No.

The Na'Vi obviously have a much higher strength (the main character was carrying around a mounted machine gun like it was a carbine, and dueled a freaking mech at the end) and body (remember the first security meeting? "The Na'Vi are hard to kill, because of their naturally occuring carbon-laced bones" [paraphrased]) than do average humans. Wakayambi certainly have the height - but definately not the body and strength to compete with the Na'Vi. This neccessitates them being a Troll Metavariant.

I'll even argue the bioluminescence. They had star-like patterns, but those could have simply been white spots on a blue body which, when seen side-by-side in a low-light environment (with eyes designed for low-light) would have seemed to glow.

It should be noted I've seen the movie 3 times in the first week.
Jaid
pretty sure the world is mentioned as being low-gravity actually.
Neraph
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jan 15 2010, 12:45 AM) *
pretty sure the world is mentioned as being low-gravity actually.

Yes, but the guys who were setting the guns into the turrets were still struggling with it.

EDIT: And even then, your version of them should be Metagenetic Improvement (Body), not (Strength), if you're trying to replicate their bone lacing.
MatrixJargon
Avatar would have been better without the "meh" ending IMHO.
Neraph
QUOTE (MatrixJargon @ Jan 15 2010, 12:13 PM) *
Avatar would have been better without the "meh" ending IMHO.

It was a brutally straight-forward movie - every event was completely predictable. However, due to the storytelling (and the visuals eek.gif ), the movie was one of the best I've ever seen. I saw it 3 times opening week, and I'm planning on buying a 3D TV so I can get Avatar in 3D when it comes out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012