Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
Faraday
3908- I may no longer hit it.
3908a- Unless the group is 106 miles from Chicago, has a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and are wearing sunglasses in the dark.
Draco18s
3907a-I, 1: If God does things right, no one will think he did anything at all. Therefor, if anyone thinks God did something, he clearly wasn't involved. This is why 3907a is true.
CanRay
3098a-I: If you're not wearing Mirrorshades on a Shadowrun, you're doing it wrong.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 26 2011, 11:42 PM) *
3098a-I: If you're not wearing Mirrorshades on a Shadowrun, you're doing it wrong.

3098a-II: If you're not sporting a pink mohawk on a Shadowrun, you're doing it wrong.
Teryon
3098a-III: If half your team has a pink mohawk and the other half has mirrorshades...you're probably gonna have alot of fun.
WhiskeyJohnny
3099: I am not allowed to reference the Konami Code, in any way, shape, or form
redwulf25
3907b: On the other hand, if the Johnson is from Grid Over-watch Division . . .
Xahn Borealis
3099: I am not allowed to skip several hundred rules.
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 27 2011, 11:16 AM) *
3099: I am not allowed to skip several hundred rules.

Oops! I fixed it!
CanRay
3100: I am not allowed to make a typo. nyahnyah.gif
Xahn Borealis
These are not the druids you're looking for.
TygerTyger
3101: As a GM, I must be more clear than simply saying "You want to place the five incendiary grenades on top of the large barrels marked "Explosive and Flammable" within twenty feet of a house that contains children? And none of you have the demolitions skill???"
ggodo
3102: I cannot turn the Alien Queen from the Science Fiction museum into a drone.
3102 a: Nor can I put a sprite in it when it's done.
redwulf25
3103: I may not take out the entire bar because I got AR spammed with a fruity oatey bar commercial.
30103a: Nor will the male Norse tradition combat mage "bust out of his blouse" if he eats one. Why is he wearing a blouse anyway?
CanRay
3103b: I can take an RPG to a bar because I hate everyone in it, and just came off a $Deitydamned mountain.
Teryon
3104: Just because the team Face keeps saying 'We can do deadlines', it does not mean toppling UCAS can be pulled off after 10 minutes of planning IC or OOC, no matter how much the Johnson is paying.
Faraday
3105: I may no longer flip off the general public because I just returned to earth's surface by surfing one of Dracula's vampire drones from his lunar base.
Tyro
QUOTE (Faraday @ Mar 27 2011, 11:50 PM) *
3105: I may no longer flip off the general public because I just returned to earth's surface by surfing one of Dracula's vampire drones from his lunar base.

Huh?
Raven the Trickster
Dr. McNinja reference unless I miss my guess.
CanRay
3105a: I will read Doctor McNinja, because it is teh awesome! biggrin.gif
Tyro
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Mar 28 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Dr. McNinja reference unless I miss my guess.

Ahh. I was never able to follow that story. Weird in a way I'm not (which is saying something).
Tech_Rat
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 28 2011, 07:57 PM) *
Ahh. I was never able to follow that story. Weird in a way I'm not (which is saying something).

I'd have to say the same for myself...
Faraday
Raven wins the prize.

3105b: I may no longer reference Dr. Mcninja without at least providing a proper page link.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 28 2011, 07:57 PM) *

I've read pieces here and there, generally when someone links it, I'll read a few before and a few after.

QUOTE (Faraday @ Mar 29 2011, 12:56 AM) *

Awesome.
Queek
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 27 2011, 10:39 PM) *
3103b: I can take an RPG to a bar because I hate everyone in it, and just came off a $Deitydamned mountain.

3103b-i: If I do this, I get bonus Karma if I'm a journalist. Triple Karma if I do it from a cramped car.

God, I love Spider Jerusalem
longbowrocks
3104. No SURGEing
3105. I'm free to nerf my character as much as I please as long as it doesn't give me a bonus. Example: roll half my running dice continuously in the background until I crit glitch.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Mar 31 2011, 05:16 PM) *
3104. No SURGEing

Ouch. What did you do to earn that one?
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 31 2011, 08:59 AM) *
Ouch. What did you do to earn that one?

My GM doesn't own the book, and centaurs moving at speeds reserved for aircraft would kind of damage the game experience.
shiva arms could also allow 30 DV attacks with the bow.
Dahrken
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Mar 31 2011, 07:15 PM) *
shiva arms could also allow 30 DV attacks with the bow.

Let me guess, Shiva arms + high Strength bow + synchronous impact thanks to that "nice" War! piece of software ?
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Mar 31 2011, 09:17 AM) *
Let me guess, Shiva arms + high Strength bow + synchronous impact thanks to that "nice" War! piece of software ?

Bingo.
Xahn Borealis
Then how about no centaurs or shiva arms?
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 31 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Then how about no centaurs or shiva arms?

There's also the whole infected thing, and the GM doesn't want to deal with roleplaying the apparent racism against SURGEd characters.
Xahn Borealis
OUCH.
Draco18s
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Mar 31 2011, 12:29 PM) *
There's also the whole infected thing, and the GM doesn't want to deal with roleplaying the apparent racism against SURGEd characters.

The only character I've SURGEd was one who got very subtle visible flaws. Striking eyes and dynamic chameleon skin. The only time he used the skin was when he was trying not to be seen in the first place.

And funny looking eyes? Not that odd in a world where people go out and do funny things with their eyes anyway.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 31 2011, 09:36 AM) *
The only character I've SURGEd was one who got very subtle visible flaws. Striking eyes and dynamic chameleon skin. The only time he used the skin was when he was trying not to be seen in the first place.

And funny looking eyes? Not that odd in a world where people go out and do funny things with their eyes anyway.

Must be nice to have positive flaws sarcastic.gif
I don't mind that much though. I'll just keep doing what I can to make a bow all that it can be.
Draco18s
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Mar 31 2011, 12:42 PM) *
Must be nice to have positive flaws sarcastic.gif
I don't mind that much though. I'll just keep doing what I can to make a bow all that it can be.

That character was also a drake. smile.gif The build was an attempt to find a role for a drake by utilizing all of the positives of the race. I was just flipping through the metagenetic feats, saw the chameleon skin and went "perfect, I have my design." Striking eyes were more a point of flavor than anything.

The true flaws that character had was in his lack of experience. In more ways than one. I'd only had about 88 BP to spend on skills (most characters use 120 or more and a skant 9 BP on "stuff" (hurray debt!)). He also walked into a dangerous situation blindly twice in an hour: he didn't grow up on the streets, "dead bodies" to him meant "something happened here" not "there might still be a few twitchies around, scared shitless and hiding in a closet ready to shoot."
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 31 2011, 10:03 AM) *
most characters use 120 or more and a skant 9 BP on "stuff"

Wow. That's interesting to know, and I can kind of see how that might happen. Is it common for powergamers to use more on equipment and less on skills? I used only 66 points on skills and I'm thinking of reducing it, but I maxed out my purchases (synaptic boosters are the primary guilty party).
Xahn Borealis
I don't know if I'm actually capable of spending less than 100 on skills.
Ascalaphus
I tend to put quite a lot in equipment. Augmentations are a quick and efficient route to power. I tend to assign 50BP to equipment, thinking "I'm sure I'll find a use for it", and then blithely spend all that remains on skills.
CanRay
3106: If my character would make even a Quebecois go, "REALLY? Too far man.", it probably shouldn't be made.
Draco18s
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Mar 31 2011, 01:10 PM) *
Wow. That's interesting to know, and I can kind of see how that might happen. Is it common for powergamers to use more on equipment and less on skills? I used only 66 points on skills and I'm thinking of reducing it, but I maxed out my purchases (synaptic boosters are the primary guilty party).

I had a few areas to cover. Athletics, stealth, "a weapon" skill, spellcasting, and a hint of hacking.*

I will admit to having pulled the number "120" out of my ass. But I could have easily spent more BP than I had to spend and still been left with things I wanted more of.

*I used it too! There wasn't a real hacker in the group, me and my 8 dice had to do the job.
Xahn Borealis
3107: 'Creativity' and 'medical knowledge' are not prerequisites.
3107a: Except on certain dating sites.
Xahn Borealis
3108: The only kind of gun I can ever make is one that shoots bullets.
3108a: Not shurikens and lightning.
3108b: Nor unicorns and tornadoes.
3108c: BULLETS.
CanRay
3108a-I: It can't have tits or be on fire, either.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 31 2011, 06:30 PM) *

Okay, I'll bite. What happened?
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 1 2011, 03:30 AM) *

The only way it could be more awesome.
CanRay
Zero Punctuation's review of People Can Fly's "Painkiller". Bulletstorm, which isn't nearly as good, has tits on fire, BTW.
Xahn Borealis
How about the unicorn tornado gun?
CanRay
3109: I can't make Batman riding a Unicorn, no matter how much awesome it would be.
3109a: A Ninja Doctor Magician on a Spirit that takes the form of a Unicorn and a Kawasaki Ninja is vetoed as well.
Faraday
3109a-1: Unless I take a prime runner go-gang boss named "King Radical" as an enemy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012