Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
Seerow
4041: I am no longer allowed to attempt to use an ally's vehicle to run over another ally. Even if they did stand in my way after I told them to move.
4042: I am most definitely not allowed to say that a jump ramp is in the area simply because it would be awesome and dramatic if I could jump a motorcycle off of said ramp while blowing up grenades.
4042a: A enemy's corpse is not sufficient to be used as a jump ramp.
Tyro
QUOTE (Seerow @ Apr 10 2011, 10:49 PM) *
4040: I am no longer allowed to attempt to use an ally's vehicle to run over another ally. Even if they did stand in my way after I told them to move.
4041: I am most definitely not allowed to say that a jump ramp is in the area simply because it would be awesome and dramatic if I could jump a motorcycle off of said ramp while blowing up grenades.
4041a: A enemy's corpse is not sufficient to be used as a jump ramp.

You're one number off. I must have posted 4040 while you were typing, or something.
Seerow
QUOTE (Tyro @ Apr 11 2011, 05:54 AM) *
You're one number off. I must have posted 4040 while you were typing, or something.

Yeah you did. I'm editing now.
longbowrocks
Well then, to get it back on track:
4043: I am not allowed to buy hits, even if I have to use everyone's dice to roll attacks.
Tyro
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 10 2011, 10:57 PM) *
4043: I am not allowed to buy hits, even if I have to use everyone's dice to roll attacks.

Why the hell not? I'm pretty sure that qualifies as an "extraordinary number" of dice.
ggodo
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 10 2011, 09:57 PM) *

4043a: Never ask for the GM's dice, they probably don't like you anyway.
Draco18s
4043b: GM is not allowed to borrow another player's dice without asking first. They get upset when you roll critical successes against them with their own dice. Repeatedly.
Abstruse
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 11 2011, 08:36 AM) *
4043b: GM is not allowed to borrow another player's dice without asking first. They get upset when you roll critical successes against them with their own dice. Repeatedly.

My players have banned me from using my "frost dice" in D&D. I have rolled far beyond statistic variance in the 15-20 range. I am, however, FORCED to use that die for rolling random generated treasure...
Draco18s
QUOTE (Abstruse @ Apr 11 2011, 11:06 AM) *
My players have banned me from using my "frost dice" in D&D. I have rolled far beyond statistic variance in the 15-20 range. I am, however, FORCED to use that die for rolling random generated treasure...

Heh. I used one of the D20s out of the "public box" (AGO, our group, buys dice by the pound. The most recent order was 5 pounds. Anyway, collectively it's referred to as the Dice Box, as the order prior to that came in a small cardboard box. It's also locked in an office my session can't get into because the current prez is a security nazi; like 3 people have the code to get into the room and no one except current students can check things out) one time and got 5 criticals (natural 20) on the party in two rounds. I had 8 NPCs under my command.

Two weeks later that d20 mysteriously vanished (and now you know why we buy dice by the pound: dice vanish a lot).
bobbaganoosh
This may have already been covered, but
4044: I am never allowed to buy a PAB unit.
4044b: Especially if my intent is to use it on an ally.
Tyro
QUOTE (bobbaganoosh @ Apr 11 2011, 02:07 PM) *
This may have already been covered, but
4044: I am never allowed to buy a PAB unit.
4044b: Especially if my intent is to use it on an ally.

PAB?
bobbaganoosh
QUOTE (Tyro @ Apr 11 2011, 02:26 PM) *
PAB?

Programmable ASIST Biofeedback. Unwired, page 189.
Tyro
QUOTE (bobbaganoosh @ Apr 11 2011, 05:26 PM) *
Programmable ASIST Biofeedback. Unwired, page 189.

Thanks

4045: I am not allowed to put Primordius in my campaigns (Elder Dragons in Guild Wars 2 have TEETH that are 50 feet high. I leave the rest as an exercise for the student.)
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tyro @ Apr 11 2011, 08:30 PM) *
4045: I am not allowed to put Primordius in my campaigns (Elder Dragons in Guild Wars 2 have TEETH that are 50 feet high. I leave the rest as an exercise for the student.)

I've got one of those in my D&D campaign.

She's 180 feet long....not including tail. The "mini" that matches a red dragon (4x4 squares) is suggested to represent her head.
Tyro
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 11 2011, 06:00 PM) *
I've got one of those in my D&D campaign.

She's 180 feet long....not including tail. The "mini" that matches a red dragon (4x4 squares) is suggested to represent her head.

Heh... great wyrms back when I was playing were about 7 feet nose to chin. That's one BIG dragon!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (ggodo @ Apr 10 2011, 11:50 PM) *
4043a: Never ask for the GM's dice, they probably don't like you anyway.

...QFT. wink.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tyro @ Apr 11 2011, 09:01 PM) *
Heh... great wyrms back when I was playing were about 7 feet nose to chin. That's one BIG dragon!

Half-size scale model. I.E. 1" = 10 feet:

http://i55.tinypic.com/4tlt3p.jpg

The smaller white one was folded from an 8.5" sheet of paper, the red one from a 36" sheet.
Tyro
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 11 2011, 09:26 PM) *
Half-size scale model. I.E. 1" = 10 feet:

http://i55.tinypic.com/4tlt3p.jpg

The smaller white one was folded from an 8.5" sheet of paper, the red one from a 36" sheet.

Nicely done
longbowrocks
4046: I have discovered as of 4043a that my GM does not like me. See that. What do? biggrin.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tyro @ Apr 12 2011, 02:20 AM) *
Nicely done

smile.gif
Faraday
4047: I am no longer allowed to let the uncouth elf do the talking with his pistol.
4048: Getting a homosexual ecology major getting mowed down by a police cruiser should not be part of "the plan".
ggodo
QUOTE (Faraday @ Apr 17 2011, 12:35 AM) *
4047: I am no longer allowed to let the uncouth elf do the talking with his pistol.
4048: Getting a homosexual ecology major getting mowed down by a police cruiser should not be part of "the plan".

Our elf Shaman/face took a few rounds, went down, then ended up being the driver after some heals. being the next best at charisma, thew Techno decided it was his turn to face. With a shotgun that he's really grown attached to after it blew a hole in a Red Samurai.
CanRay
4048a: No, it doesn't help if he's a heterosexual ecology major.
4048b: No, bisexual is out as well. Sexuality does not make a person or non-person. Unless you have the Prejudiced Negative Quality, and no one likes a bigot.
4049: If I need something harder and faster than DragonForce in order to feel how excited and energetic my character is, the Adrenaline Pump was probably a bad idea.
Squiddy Attack
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 17 2011, 06:33 AM) *
4049: If I need something harder and faster than DragonForce in order to feel how excited and energetic my character is, the Adrenaline Pump was probably a bad idea.

4049a: Adrenaline pumps are never a bad idea
4050: No more commenting on cyberware.
Tyro
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Apr 17 2011, 12:21 PM) *
4049a: Adrenaline pumps are never a bad idea
4050: No more commenting on cyberware.

But adrenaline pumps are bioware! nyahnyah.gif
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 17 2011, 09:33 AM) *

Frag CanRay, why cant i play in games like that......and i agree, and with that in mind:

4051: As GM i am not allowed to put the fear of the gods into my players by starting with Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddlw" and then moving into Dragonforce's "Valley of the Damned" or "Soldiers of the Wasteland"
Scyldemort
4052: I am not allowed to simultaneously develop an airborne HMHVV variant and a magic-derived drug that suppresses the symptoms of HMHVV.
4052A: No matter how good the profit margins would be
4052B: I am also not allowed to develop either of these things seperately
CanRay
QUOTE (warrior_allanon @ Apr 17 2011, 10:52 PM) *
Frag CanRay, why cant i play in games like that......and i agree...

Working on ideas for Nas, actually...
Kyoto Kid
...4053: and never ever ask the surly gnome mage with a Charisma of 1 as to why he needs a poster for the old flatvid Willow, lawn darts, and a blow up doll to complete the next mission.
CanRay
4054: I am no longer allowed to make characters based off of Discworld.
4054a: Nor am I allowed to make cat-shaped claymore mines.
4054b: Vimes cannot be made for 400 BP. Maybe with 600.
4054c: Granny Weatherwax, same.
4054d: Susan Sto Helit cannot be made, period.
4054e: Vetinari is a Great Dragon, and is right out.
4054f: Just stop writing now.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 17 2011, 09:09 PM) *
4054e: Vetinari is a Great Dragon, and is right out.

4055: Excepting that thou then, proceed, to three.
Faraday
4056: I'm not allowed to necro silly threads like any more.
4057: I am no longer allowed to sacrifice troll strippers to hungry ghoul packs to pay for a team mates' life and safe passage through their territory.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 18 2011, 07:17 AM) *
4055: Excepting that thou then, proceed, to three.

we fart in your general direction!
Halflife
4056: I am not allowed to chunky salsa teammates without warning
Draco18s
QUOTE (Halflife @ May 8 2011, 09:35 AM) *
4056: I am not allowed to chunky salsa teammates without warning

4056a: Nor am I allowed to chunky salsa teammates even with a warning.
CanRay
4056b: Making Chunky Salsa "Because I'm bored" is a bad idea.
4056b-I: It's a really bad idea if it's "Because I'm bored and needed to use the Plastic Explosives I had before their 'Best By' date."
WhiskeyJohnny
4057: Shooting Ghouls with a cannon is not considered sporting
4057a: Shooting Ghouls out of a cannon is not considered sporting
4058: If a character is best described as "looking like an eldritch horror from beyond the veil of time and space" then, no, it may not be the team face
Headshot_Joe
QUOTE (Faraday @ May 8 2011, 02:03 AM) *
4056: I'm not allowed to necro silly threads like any more.
4057: I am no longer allowed to sacrifice troll strippers to hungry ghoul packs to pay for a team mates' life and safe passage through their territory.

These are correctly numbered

QUOTE (Halflife @ May 8 2011, 06:35 AM) *
4058: I am not allowed to chunky salsa teammates without warning

QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 8 2011, 06:48 AM) *
4058a: Nor am I allowed to chunky salsa teammates even with a warning.

QUOTE (CanRay @ May 8 2011, 07:13 AM) *
4058b: Making Chunky Salsa "Because I'm bored" is a bad idea.
4058b-I: It's a really bad idea if it's "Because I'm bored and needed to use the Plastic Explosives I had before their 'Best By' date."

QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ May 8 2011, 12:38 PM) *
4059: Shooting Ghouls with a cannon is not considered sporting
4059a: Shooting Ghouls out of a cannon is not considered sporting
4060: If a character is best described as "looking like an eldritch horror from beyond the veil of time and space" then, no, it may not be the team face

These I corrected.

4061: I am no longer allowed to wrap an arm around Brackhaven (as he sits in a bloodied puddle of despair, we just having foiled all his plans after two years in the same campaign) and tell him everything is going to be alright.
4061a: It is not okay to seed him with totally non-Brackhaven-esque ideas (promoting ethnic and meta diversity, mainly) while he is in this fragile emotional and mental state.
4061b: While Lonestar would be eternally grateful, I am not to attempt to get them their job back.
4061c: Telling him to devote resources to creating an "Independent Seattle - IN SPACE!" is right out as well. Mars couldn't handle it anyways.
Loch
4062: I am not allowed to make an adept with Missile Mastery and nuyen.gif 250,000 worth of safe doors.
CanRay
4063: If the character is a bigger firearms or explosives enthusiast than I am, it's immediately disallowed.
4063a: If the characters matches me in those areas, it's really, really pushing it.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 8 2011, 05:37 PM) *
4063: If the character is a bigger firearms or explosives enthusiast than I am, it's immediately disallowed.
4063a: If the characters matches me in those areas, it's really, really pushing it.

To an American, a Canadian firearms enthusiast just sounds odd :-/
CanRay
QUOTE (Tyro @ May 10 2011, 01:14 PM) *
To an American, a Canadian firearms enthusiast just sounds odd :-/

That's because most Canadians you hear about come from Southern and Urban Canada, who are in the "ALL GUNS ARE TEH EVILZ!!!" category, knowing about them only when they hear about gang violence. (Or, worse, hear gang violence first-hand.), and are firmly in the belief that firearms should only be in the hands of Policemen (And maybe the Military.). Completely ignoring the fact that we're right next door, across a nearly unguarded border with one of the largest firearms manufacturers in the world, and that all the laws in the world aren't going to affect criminals who see disobeying said laws being just another job perk.

Northern and Rural Canada, you get quite a few gun nuts, particularly as the "Family Deer/Moose/Trespasser Rifle" was originally a "Battle Rifle" from World War I/II or Korea. Not as bad as me, mind. I'm scary even for those folks. nyahnyah.gif

The current laws, however, is really putting a kibosh on thoughts of getting a license, however.

As for the explosives part: I grew up in a mining town. Everyone in the city has an uncle or a cousin or some such that works for the mines and works with explosives, not to mention the money that can be made in prospecting as a hobby. Moving to a major city in a farming area, however, has reminded me how rare that knowledge is outside of my former community, and how much even knowledge of something as simple as the fact that Dynamite and TNT are not the same will scare people.

4064: I am no longer allowed on my pulpit, even if I'm being asked to do so. Keep things on topic.
ggodo
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 10 2011, 11:29 AM) *
Moving to a major city in a farming area, however, has reminded me how rare that knowledge is outside of my former community, and how much even knowledge of something as simple as the fact that Dynamite and TNT are not the same will scare people.

Change explosives to martial arts and you've got me.
CanRay
Surprisingly, Martial Arts is pretty common here. But that's probably due to all the refugees and their cultures coming over, including self defense forms.
ggodo
All we've got here are the guys who're all "RAWR! MMA! I'M A BIG OLE BADASS!" I know nothing about grappling, I just know the moves they don't allow in MMA. So many great striking points, so little time.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 10 2011, 10:29 AM) *
That's because most Canadians you hear about come from Southern and Urban Canada, who are in the "ALL GUNS ARE TEH EVILZ!!!" category, knowing about them only when they hear about gang violence. (Or, worse, hear gang violence first-hand.), and are firmly in the belief that firearms should only be in the hands of Policemen (And maybe the Military.). Completely ignoring the fact that we're right next door, across a nearly unguarded border with one of the largest firearms manufacturers in the world, and that all the laws in the world aren't going to affect criminals who see disobeying said laws being just another job perk.

Northern and Rural Canada, you get quite a few gun nuts, particularly as the "Family Deer/Moose/Trespasser Rifle" was originally a "Battle Rifle" from World War I/II or Korea. Not as bad as me, mind. I'm scary even for those folks. nyahnyah.gif

The current laws, however, is really putting a kibosh on thoughts of getting a license, however.

As for the explosives part: I grew up in a mining town. Everyone in the city has an uncle or a cousin or some such that works for the mines and works with explosives, not to mention the money that can be made in prospecting as a hobby. Moving to a major city in a farming area, however, has reminded me how rare that knowledge is outside of my former community, and how much even knowledge of something as simple as the fact that Dynamite and TNT are not the same will scare people.

4064: I am no longer allowed on my pulpit, even if I'm being asked to do so. Keep things on topic.

I didn't mean "Canadians can't be gun nuts" or "All Canadians hate guns"; I just know enough about Canadian anti-gun laws that a Canadian gun lover seems a bit incongruous to me.

CanRay
Joint locks are your friends, and their complete and utter pain. From what I've heard, I haven't seen a dojo since I was a youngin'.

4065: Just because it's disallowed in every major sport (Other than rugby) does not mean it's disallowed in a Shadowrun.
4065a: "The Seattle Handshake" is not a kick to the crotch. It's a surprise elbow smash to the nose, a kick to the knee, and a repeated curb stomping. The kick to the crotch is "The Gotham City Handshake".
Tyro
4066: If it's against the rules in combat sports, I should learn it. MMA rulebooks are an easy source of dirty tricks.
sabs
4066a If you want Tournament Martial Arts, learn Karata or Tae Kwan Do.
4066b If you want to break someone's thumb and gouge out his eyes, learn Kung Fu, or Krav Maga.
Tyro
QUOTE (sabs @ May 10 2011, 11:01 AM) *
4066a If you want Tournament Martial Arts, learn Karata or Tae Kwan Do.
4066b If you want to break someone's thumb and gouge out his eyes, learn Kung Fu, or Krav Maga.

Krav Maga is teh shit [sic] ^_^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012