Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
Neraph
QUOTE (Rindel @ Aug 26 2010, 10:38 AM) *
I am not allowed to have a Troll Character that can withstand a direct hit from an Anti Tank missle

So you can't play trolls? It's very easy to get a troll to survive one of those - what are they, 14P, -4 AP vs. nonvehicles?
Jaid
QUOTE (Rindel @ Aug 26 2010, 11:38 AM) *
I am not allowed to have a Troll Character that can withstand a direct hit from an Anti Tank missle

####a: even though there's no way an anti-tank missile would actually get a direct hit on anything anyways with the current scatter rules.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 26 2010, 08:55 PM) *
2950a: even though there's no way an anti-tank missile would actually get a direct hit on anything anyways with the current scatter rules.

2950b: I am not allowed to use SR4A scatter rules.
Achsin
2950b.i: Unless the target is not to be destroyed yet for story and/or cinematic reasons.
LurkerOutThere
2951: No one in allowed to cast Orgy on the juggernaut.
Neraph
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Aug 26 2010, 11:22 PM) *

... I had not even thought about that. And it's kind of scary now that I am.
Tiralee

And another fine campaign idea lost...
Note: "Orgy" is verboten when trying to escape from a zoo-meet gone bad. It is NOT a good idea, no matter how distracting it is.

Casting "Slow" (Or reduced quickness, whatever) on the main bad guy before the Orgy spell, is in itself delicious for its simplicity and chance of revenge. Stunball works nicely, as well.

-Tir
Laodicea
2952: abuse the regeneration power in conjunction with suicide explosive vests.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 23 2010, 07:51 PM) *
Hey, I'm not simple and I like the boom.

It's just that I know of so many different ways of making the boom. devil.gif

2953: Boom is not a euphemism. Not even for actual explosions.
Tiny Deev
She so hot-BOOM!
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Laodicea @ Aug 27 2010, 06:58 AM) *
2952: abuse the regeneration power in conjunction with suicide explosive vests.

Damage to the brain cannot be regenerated. You would need to be wearing a pretty funny neck-tie to protect the squishy bits and allow regeneration to work. Plus, regeneration that doesn't heal enough boxes to bring you back to at least Overflow doesn't save you.

BOD(10)+MAG(6) = 16, trade for 4 successes, and make sure your boom vest doesn't do more than 22P.
Blastula
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Aug 27 2010, 10:57 AM) *
2953: Boom is not a euphemism. Not even for actual explosions.

I like the boom and so do they. Like this...
WyldKnight
Why would you put us through that...
Laodicea
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Aug 27 2010, 07:14 PM) *
Why would you put us through that...

top that!
Stahlseele
2954: I am NOT allowed to outplan the GM even before the run has started again.
2955: I am NOT allowed to use certain music out of game and in game to coordinate attacks with the other players without telling the GM again either . .
Randomonioum
QUOTE (Simon Kerimov @ Aug 25 2010, 11:09 PM) *
So true. They are the deadly murderers of the Mississippi river. Boat moving at 30mph, jumping carp at 20lbs = ow.

I hate to derail, but I'm a massive pedant about this stuff. River carp are rarely a problem, as they have a way to run, most of the time. Its pond carp that are the real issue. They can't find a way to run, so they default to KILLKILLKILL mode. And dwarfs just LOVE to fish in ponds. And the skeletal invincibility was only an issue in DF2010. I don't know if toady ever fixed it, I stopped playing when I lost my computer that could handle the game.
Queek
2956: As a face, I am no longer allowed to use the series White Collar as a to-do list or inspiration
2956a: I am also not allowed to use Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, or any other series that appears on USA as a face to-do list
2957: While using music as an inspiration for runs is perfectly fine, using nursery rhymes is not
2958: There are no rules for sparks/mad scientists/nutjobs who receive any sort of "outsider" inspiration for inventing in Shadowrun, so I should stop asking to play one
2959: 20th Century and 21st Century CCGs as a knowledge skill is potentially broken, given how valuable some of the older cards would be to Sixth World gamers. Making nuyen.gif 20,000,000 off of a single well forged beta black lotus is evil
2959a: If I do take the above knowledge skill, I should not be surprised if Magic: The Gathering suddenly is a very, very bad thing to forge when the players actually are able to use the cards to summon things to kill me
2960: I should not attempt to harness the killing power of the common river carp by building a gun that shoots them at people
2961: If I use the Shadowrun magic traditions system to develop a Huckster tradition, I shall no longer petition the GM to be able to use a deck of 54 playing cards to determine force by building poker hands.
2961a: If I do manage to convince the GM to do this, I will not complain when the black joker comes up at the wrong moment
2962: No weaponizing dihydrous monoxide
2962a: No weaponizing common bevrages
2963: Playing the hacker is a privilege, not a right. I shall stop hacking teammates and sending their information to the corps unless I want the GM to remind me of this fact
Squiddy Attack
QUOTE (Queek @ Sep 5 2010, 08:07 AM) *
2963: Playing the hacker is a privilege, not a right. I shall stop hacking teammates and sending their information to the corps unless I want the GM to remind me of this fact

Hey. Hey. Who's doing this? >_>

2964: "The Rave Troll" is not a valid character concept.
2965: Drakes are not Fireborn, and I may not play them as such.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Sep 5 2010, 03:49 PM) *
2965: Drakes are not Fireborn, and I may not play them as such.

I'd like to try that RPG sometime.
Squiddy Attack
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Sep 5 2010, 04:49 PM) *
I'd like to try that RPG sometime.

Never actually gotten the chance to -play- it myself but, having extensively read the books, it looks pretty cool.

In some ways, it's like "Cthulhu with dragons", barring sanity loss (for the most part) and everyone dying.
nemafow
That looks like a very interesting RPG.
Jaid
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Sep 5 2010, 09:00 PM) *
Never actually gotten the chance to -play- it myself but, having extensively read the books, it looks pretty cool.

In some ways, it's like "Cthulhu with dragons", barring sanity loss (for the most part) and everyone dying.

so... not much like cthulhu at all then?
Squiddy Attack
QUOTE (Jaid @ Sep 6 2010, 01:35 AM) *
so... not much like cthulhu at all then?

Well, there's a good deal of eldritch horror-type things... And plenty of people die and/or go raving mad. Just not PCs so much.
Neraph
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Sep 6 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Well, there's a good deal of eldritch horror-type things... And plenty of people die and/or go raving mad. Just not PCs so much.

"Ever feel like you're the only sane person left in the world?"
Angelone
2966: to attempt to infiltrate a building inside a cardboard box ala MGS.
2967: to play Resident Evil before I play Shadowrun. Corporate zombies and brain eatting zombies are two different things.
2968: to blast the song What what in the butt when the gm makes a ruling I don't like.
2969: to make contacts based off of video games, especially anything by Rockstar.
2970: my characters cannot tap into the collective unconscous to gain knowledge of anything.
2971: attempt to enter a reality show or game show. Even though I have a specialization of classical dancing and would totally own on Dancing with the Stars.
2972: interogate someone by putting the Yoko Takahashi version of Fly me to the Moon on infinate loop. It has been deemed cruel and unusual, even for me.

Neraph
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 7 2010, 12:45 PM) *
2970: my characters cannot tap into the collective unconscous to gain knowledge of anything.

Metaplane, anyone?
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 7 2010, 06:46 PM) *
Metaplane, anyone?

No thanks, I'd rather fly Southwest.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 7 2010, 06:46 PM) *
Metaplane, anyone?

My thoughts exactly. It practically spells it out in the metaplanar section of SM.
CanRay
QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 7 2010, 12:46 PM) *
Metaplane, anyone?

Or the Resonance, if it was previously in electronic form.
Neraph
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 7 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Or the Resonance, if it was previously in electronic form.

I thought about that, but the human unconscious would be more of a metaplane thing. The Digital Archive or whatever Resonance Realm is an analogue for machines.
CanRay
So that's where they're hiding the electric sheep!
Neraph
Mareep?
CanRay
2973: Mentioning a WMD will only encourage the PCs to want to use it.
2973a: Having it in the hands of a "Freedom Fighter" will encourage ME to use it!
Angelone
2974- to use they fight crime as inspiration for character backgrounds. Even though "He's a suicidal devious cyborg with a robot buddy named Sparky. She's a mentally unstable tempestuous mercenary trying to make a difference in a man's world. They fight crime!" is basically our current Street Sam and Physad.
2975- hack the oppositions comms and have an airstrike called in on their location.
2976- sing.
2977- give inspirational speeches. "More pew pew less qq, crybabies" isn't really that inspiring. Or so I've been told.
2978- mix drinks.
2979- order pizza.
Neraph
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 8 2010, 10:32 AM) *
"More pew pew less qq, crybabies"

"This has changed my life. Whenever I think about complaining about something, I ask myself - would a crybaby qq about it? If it would, I do not complain about that thing."
CanRay
*Seeing Knight Errant and Lone Star SWAT Teams start the shoot out over who gets the 'Runners*: "Well, at least we're not shoveling drek in Saint Louis."
RelentlessImp
2980: No longer allowed to spend 90% of the nuyen I accumulate over higher and higher-paying runs over the years in order to buy up public AA or AAA stock and then retire to a life of luxury after a hostile takeover of the targeted corp.
2980a: From now on I'm restricted to an island off the coast and a bevy of women of questionable morality to keep me company at best.
CanRay
2980b: Men of questionable morality are also welcome.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 11 2010, 07:46 PM) *
2980b: Men of questionable morality are also welcome.

As are transsexuals, intersexuals, and the genderqueer.
Azrael
2981: take interprative dance as geasa or centering
KemeticCultus
"I'm going to pull out my Ingram..."

2982: I can no longer "pull out" my Ingram Valiant Light Machine Gun...because you can't "pull out" an Ingram from anywhere (unless maybe you're a troll with a huge trench coat).
2983a: I can no longer put hypodermic needles filled with some horrible virus in the seats of the vehicle on the off chance that my fellow runners decide they don't like my driving.
2983b: ...ejection seats aren't an option either.
WyldKnight
2984: While I may play a white collar repoman I may not repossess my fellow players belongings on the off chance I should get a job from the person they bought it from.
CanRay
2985: I am no longer allowed to have a Johnson offer the PCs money to break into DisneyLand and kidnap Goofy.
2985a: Or any other cartoon character, for that matter.
2985b: Not allowed to have them go to the San Diego ComiCon and extract "Batman".
lunaco
2986: Im no longer allowed to use the "Probe Mind"-spell while my victim is having an orgasm.
2986b: Im no longer allowed to play on words like probing and penetrating.
lunaco
Sry for the double post
Raven the Trickster
2987: No longer allowed to spend edge while attempting to kneecap a guy we want to keep alive to question. I end up destroying both legs and having him bleed out and die before we can get to him.
jakephillips
2988: Not allowed to summon a great form earth elemental and have it use the earthquake power while running in ruined LA.
Queek
2989: I am no longer allowed to apply real science to generate children of two of the female runners behind their backs as an insurance policy
2990: If I do so as a GM, I should not be surprised if the players ice the kids an then the Johnson.
2991: Skaven do not exist in Shadowrun, and neither does Warpstone
2991a: If I try to recreate either of these things, I will not be surprised when my character is shot dead from a mile away
Kumo
2992: I am not allowed to create Mr Johnson NPC based on Cap'n Fang.
Angelone
2993: No characters or Npcs based off of Bill Nye the Science Guy.
2994: No runs based off of the game Oregon Trail.
2994a: or the song Lady Marmalade.
2995: If I see a vein bulging on the gms forehead I am to stop whatever I am doing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012