Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
CanRay
3876: Openly accepting bribes is in bad form.
3876a: Openly admitting that I accept bribes is all right, GM's prerogative.
Kyoto Kid
...3876b: especially if such bribes involve a bottle of single malt Scots whiskey.
Draco18s
I take bribes in the forms of cup cakes, enclaires, doughnuts, and other pastries.

3876c. I am no longer allowed to declare that my bribes are of the things that only one of my players can easily acquire, because she works in a bakery. Its unfair to everyone else.
Kyoto Kid
...mmmmmm, donuuuuuuuts... facelick.gif

3877: I am not to have the Johnson talk like Smithers.
3877a: I am not to have a Lone Star cop that sounds like Chief Wiggam.
3877b: I am not to have a custodian talk like Groundskeeper Willy (a wee nekid lass wi' a beeg guen..!)
3877c: The NPC rigger the team meets up with cannot sound like Otto.
3877d: The leader of the Halloweeners does not talk like Krusty.
3877e: A corp suit is never to say the word "excellent" like Monty Burns
3877f: Universal Brotherhood members are not to use nonsensical phrases like "Okally Dokally" or "Hi Diddily ho"
3878g: a random ganger or street kid is not to go "ha ha" when the PC rolls s glitch.
MK Ultra
3879: I am not alowed to describe in graphic detail, how the sweat accumulates under the too tight, transparent synthleather jumpsuit, in the skinfolds of my very fat, female troll samuray NPC 'Fisheye Turner', especialy when it shoots around inside, due to her MBW-controled movements biggrin.gif
Manunancy
3879b And if I do it, I'm won't sell them the brain bleach under pain of severe anatomical transfiguration while the whole table steals that brain bleach from me...
Squiddy Attack
3879c: Making another player puke will not get me Karma.
Kyoto Kid
...3880: Mugging UCAS tourists in London is no longer to be referred to as "Cranking the Yanks".
CanRay
3881: Mugging CAS tourists is just plain stupid, they're all armed. ESPECIALLY the Texans.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 5 2011, 07:01 PM) *
3881: Mugging CAS tourists is just plain stupid, they're all armed. ESPECIALLY the Texans.

Don't mess with Texas! YEEHAW!

*I was born in Houston. Yes, I moved out three years later, but IT COUNTS!!!
Kyoto Kid
...true, but the UK is still a disarmed nation and both the "Nats" and "Triple O" will see to it that it remains that way.

Pack so much as a hold out in your luggage and at the very least, you will find yourself on the next flight back to the colonies (most likely after paying a stiff fine and a having record on file with the Home Office).
Angelone
3882: Not allowed to drop filled sandbags on the player to simulate Drop Bear attacks.
3882a: Or taze them to simulate electrical attacks or umm... tazing.
3883: Cannot give a long monologue about how my BBEG's monologue will be the greatest oration in history.
Xahn Borealis
3884: 'Ghoul smuggler' does not mean 'zombie pirate'.
Tyro
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 6 2011, 12:41 PM) *

Why not? nyahnyah.gif
Squiddy Attack
Well, depends on whether you're a ghoul who smuggles or a smuggler who smuggles ghouls... nyahnyah.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 6 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Why not? nyahnyah.gif

Because he's hungry. ork.gif

QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Mar 6 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Well, depends on whether you're a ghoul who smuggles or a smuggler who smuggles ghouls... nyahnyah.gif

The former.
jaellot
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 6 2011, 03:41 PM) *

3884a- I am, however, allowed to have a Master Shedim named LeChuck.
3884b- I should refrain from having all of his plans revolve around monkeys, killing some scrawny smart-ass wannabe pirate, and getting the red-headed pirate girl of his dreams.
CanRay
3884c: I cannot buy a Dues Ex Machina from the "Friendly Local Voodoo Shoppe". They're sold out. They don't have any NERPS, either.
scarius
3884d: i cant be lazy and call all alcohole "grog"
3884e: i cant try to send a message to the whole party by singing about how the leg bone is conected to the head bone
3884f: insult dueling doesnt work with pistols
3884g: insult dueling doesnt work with machine guns
3884h: insult dueling does work with WMDs
Tyro
3885: While my character may call himself a drunken master, he is not allowed to carry a keg around in order to reap the benefits of faster movement and attack speed.
3885a: My drug dealer may not be named Nicholas Sanford, nor does he sell "blue crack".
Faraday
3885b: Nor red, or green crack.
3885c: Having a research contact named Professor Yakington is right out.
3885d: And no more bets on what the "mysterious tonics" actually do.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 7 2011, 01:04 AM) *
3885a: My drug dealer may not be named Nicholas Sanford, nor does he sell "blue crack".

QUOTE (Faraday @ Mar 7 2011, 01:10 AM) *
3885b: Nor red, or green crack.

3885c: "Blue Meth" is ok though, because that stuff actually exists.
CanRay
3886: "Heisenberg" only works as a cover name against the illiterate masses.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 7 2011, 11:15 AM) *
3886: "Heisenberg" only works as a cover name against the illiterate masses.

Which considering the stated quality of education....
Kyoto Kid
...#3887: When fleshing out contacts for the characters in my UK campaign I am not to name the Secretary of Agriculture, "Sir Loin of Beef".
#3887a: Nor am I to name the Secretary of State for Health, "Sir Nigel Crisp".

*...actually, in RL from 2000 -2006, that was the name of the UK Secretary of Health, I kid you not.
CanRay
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Mar 7 2011, 01:02 PM) *
Which considering the stated quality of education....

Consider the quality of education today... A lot of viewers probably thought he just came up with a bad ass name.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 8 2011, 12:13 AM) *
Consider the quality of education today... A lot of viewers probably thought he just came up with a bad ass name.

Doesn't he explain it to the kid at one point?
Angelone
The uncertainty principle guy? I don't get it. indifferent.gif Is it because it's the name of the dude that came up with the uncertainty principle or am I missing something?

<-- Undereducated mass?
CanRay
It's because it's the name of a famous mathematician, and no one on the show realizes it's an alias. They actually think it's his name, even the fairly educated people (Who, admittedly, aren't into mathematics outside of Kilos and Greenbacks.).

And, you do have to admit, as aliases go, it is pretty bad ass, even if you were to realize that it is an alias of a famous mathematician.

Frankly, pretty much everything that character is bad ass, especially when you consider how sick he really is.
Whipstitch
Heisenberg would totally work as a cover name against me. There's a couple named that in my apartment building.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 8 2011, 10:08 AM) *
It's because it's the name of a famous mathematician, and no one on the show realizes it's an alias. They actually think it's his name, even the fairly educated people (Who, admittedly, aren't into mathematics outside of Kilos and Greenbacks.).

Sorry, he's was a Quantum Physicist. Yes, math was important, but that was his actual job/degree.
CanRay
Further proof you shouldn't post half awake and hung over.
Xahn Borealis
What show was this?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 10 2011, 10:00 AM) *
What show was this?

Breaking Bad.
High school chem teacher finds out he has cancer, so he teams up with a drop out to make crystal meth, so he can leave his family enough money to send 3 kids through college.
Oh, and his brother (in law?) is a DEA cop.
CanRay
Brother-In-Law-In-Law. (Married to his Wife's Sister.). And it's two kids, and making sure his wife will be OK, as they don't pay High School teachers enough, and his Life Insurance is pathetic.

And, frankly, he's massively overqualified for his position. Guy is scary good. Guy is also outright scary.

I sure as hell wouldn't be walking around with a Kilo of Mercury Fulminate in my pocket!

3888: If I have my character walk around with a Kilo of Mercury Fulminate, he'd better have a damned good reason for it, or be insane. Even then, I'm probably looking at needing both to consider it a good idea.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 10 2011, 10:49 AM) *
And it's two kids, and making sure his wife will be OK, as they don't pay High School teachers enough, and his Life Insurance is pathetic.

You're right. It's been too long since I've seen an episode.
CanRay
I had to stop watching it. frown.gif

Too bad, it was a good show.

3889: If my character tries something "He saw on the 'Trid once.", he shouldn't be surprised when it doesn't work.
3889a: Telling a Magician what (s)he can or can't do based on Karl Kombatmage will result in a severe beating. By an Earth Spirit. Literally, the street will come up and beat the stupid out of me.
Squiddy Attack
3890: I may not introduce a newly made AI to internet memes.
3890a: No, not even then.
CanRay
3890b: No, the new AI can not haz cheezeburger.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 10 2011, 07:35 PM) *
3890b: No, the new AI can not haz cheezeburger.

3890c. No, the new AI can not haz penguin. No, not yours.

("no you can not have a penguin no not yours" minus spaces was a former room mate's wireless password. The network name was "Icanhazcheezeburger")
Drace
3890d: I cannot make an AI off of Zalgo
3890e: Nor can he be a dissonant paragon.
CanRay
3890f: Ziggy Stardust is right out.
3890f-I: Actually, any David Bowie character is right out. Too bad.
Kyoto Kid
...3890g: and never, Never, involve the AI in a discussion on Phenomenology.
CanRay
3890g: Converting a AI to Scientology will likely get the character killed.
3890g-I: [Redacted by the Church of Scientology]
Squiddy Attack
3891: Inglip cannot be a Paragon.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Mar 11 2011, 09:16 PM) *
3891: Inglip cannot be a Paragon.

A new meme is found. Hehe. reCAPTCHA has some interesting word pairs sometimes.
CanRay
3892: I will not try to cram firearms knowledge down my group's throat, no matter how ignorant of the topic they are.
3892a: Explosives knowledge either. It scares them.
3892b: Nor knowledge of how to deal with radiation, earthquakes, floods, or other natural disasters.
3892c: If it makes them go, "HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THIS?", I should probably keep my soypiehole shut.
WyldKnight
3893: Spirits of Man summoned by my drug addicted mage cannot look like Charlie Sheen no matter how much of an addict he is.
CanRay
3893a: No matter how drunk my character is, David Hasselhoff Spirit of Man will not be trying to eat a burger while on the floor.
3893a-I: KITT as a Spirit of Man summoned from a roadway, however, is completely acceptable.
WhiskeyJohnny
3894: "Bi-Winning" is not a quality, negative or positive
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012