Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now a running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
CanRay
5105: Not allowed to base a game off of the video game "The Walking Dead".
5105a: Especially not allowed to rip off Penny Arcade's "On The Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness"!
RelentlessImp
How is Episode 3, anyways?

5016: Not allowed to make a street mage who outdoes the Face on social tests. It makes him sad.
ShadowDragon8685
5017: This is not Exalted, I am not allowed to make a face whose only social skills involve mentally dominating other people.
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jun 30 2012, 06:34 PM) *
mentally dominating other people.

I built an exalted character that did that once.
Only my concept was that he was using people as fleshy robots. No one would realize that the guy they were seeing was a puppet until he got killed, and another unsuspecting meatbag would get dominated and show up again.
And even then...they might not figure it out.
Neraph
My nosferatu face is almost that, except he actually has Negotiation. I use Influence and Compulsion much more often, though.
Umidori
5108: I am no longer allowed to base a character / NPC / run / campaign / etc off of the Electric Six song "Infected Girls".
5108a: Nor "Witchy Witchy White Women".
5108b: Or pretty much anything to do with Electric Six at all.
5108c: Yes, that also includes their cover of Radio Ga Ga, with Dick Valentine as Freddie Mercury.

~Umi
ggodo
5108d: The players should never be hired to start a nuclear war in a gay bar.
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Jul 11 2012, 05:24 PM) *
5108d: The players should never be hired to start a nuclear war in a gay bar.
In the GAY BAR, GAY BAR, GAY BAR!!!
Jeremiah Kraye
5017: Make an Ork with any skin pigment that is otherwise or anywhere close to the green spectrum of colors.
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (Jeremiah Kraye @ Jul 12 2012, 05:55 AM) *
5017: Make an Ork with any skin pigment that is otherwise or anywhere close to the green spectrum of colors.

PURPLE!
Krishach
did the purple already... was my very first character.

5019: I am not aloud to have my Animal Trainer run a bunraku parlor without lights.
ggodo
5020: My Eagle shapeshifter cannot be "The Wings of Love"
Draco18s
QUOTE (ggodo @ Aug 16 2012, 03:18 PM) *
5020: My Eagle shapeshifter cannot be "The Wings of Love"

Lies.
ggodo
5020a: The wolf shifter is not "The Storm of Friendship" Either.
Raiden
5021: I am not allowed to use any ideas from this thread anymore. no matter how funnier they are, no matter how silly they are. infact, I am not allowed to read from this Site anymore.
5022: casting orgasm on Mr Johnson is NOT the proper way to get a pay increase
VykosDarkSoul
5023: I am no longer allowed to name the NPC target of the assasination job after my friends significant other who pissed me off
5023a: especially if my friend is playing in said game
5023b: doubly so if we are playing at said friends house
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (VykosDarkSoul @ Aug 16 2012, 05:32 PM) *
5023: I am no longer allowed to name the NPC target of the assasination job after my friends significant other who pissed me off
5023a: especially if my friend is playing in said game
5023b: doubly so if we are playing at said friends house

Oooooh, sounds like this one actually has a story behind it. Share?
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 16 2012, 06:18 PM) *
Oooooh, sounds like this one actually has a story behind it. Share?

I will, out of necessity, be vague. But it involved me not having named their target, the significant other being a, well lets just say being an unpleasant person, and when they discovered the name of the person well…lets just say it was overheard, taken as an insult (which it was) and much drama ensued. LoL. This was some time ago, but I do not believe that particular person has ever forgiven me. my friend has of course…nyahnyah.gif
Umidori
QUOTE (ggodo @ Aug 16 2012, 12:43 PM) *
5020a: The wolf shifter is not "The Storm of Friendship" Either.

Now I want to make a wolf shifter with incredible leadership skills and powers, inspiring the party to amazing feats, beating out even the worst of odds, solely for the reason of giving form to the Courage Wolf meme.

~Umi
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 17 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Now I want to make a wolf shifter with incredible leadership skills and powers, inspiring the party to amazing feats, beating out even the worst of odds, solely for the reason of giving form to the Courage Wolf meme.

~Umi

Bite off more than you can chew... AND THEN CHEW IT!
Umidori
Insanity Wolf would be hilarious, but far more likely to get the entire team slaughtered on their first run.

~Umi
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 18 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Insanity Wolf would be hilarious, but far more likely to get the entire team slaughtered on their first run.

~Umi

Insanity Wolf would be a great Face in a team where each and every member of the group was human with fully maximized Edge of 9. (There's the quality you can take to raise the natural maximum, remember.)
Udoshi
Okay, i'm curious, how do you get to nine. Eight's the max, even for a human.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Aug 18 2012, 02:37 AM) *
Okay, i'm curious, how do you get to nine. Eight's the max, even for a human.

Yeah, I don't remember a metagenetic or genetweak that gives extra edge.
ShadowDragon8685
It's neither Metagenetic or Genetweak. It's just a quality. "Lucky," IIRC. It raises the maximum.

But, I've typoed. I blame the fact that the "8" and "9" keys are directly adjacent to one another on the keyboard. smile.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 18 2012, 04:35 PM) *
It's neither Metagenetic or Genetweak. It's just a quality. "Lucky," IIRC. It raises the maximum.

Right, from 7 to 8. wink.gif

(Them typos!)
FuelDrop
Rule number #5024: I am no longer allowed to encourage the recent MMO convert to create a six-armed Minotaur with a light machine gun and the ability to wield six shotgun pistols simultaneously.
Amendment: I will not then use books the GM hasn't even heard of yet to optimize it beyond the group's existing veterans.
Amendment 2: I will most certainly not give said Minotaur the 'mood hair' negative surge quality so that his fur changes colour when he gets angry.
Amendment 3: No he most certainly does not have an evil twin.
Amendment 4: Nor may he take the 'blandness' positive quality.

Rule number #5025: Having my infiltration gun bunny carry exactly the right countermeasure to every challenge the GM can dream up on him at all times is annoying and may result in exploding safehouse syndrome.
Amendment: He had a trapdoor that dropped him into a second safehouse below that safehouse in case it ever blew up? show me that on his sheet. i don't believe you did that.
Amendment 2: You're really going to carry a parachute into the meet just because it's in a skyscraper?
Amendment 3: You fall to you death, unless you're wearing... oh.
Amendment 4: What do you mean he's rigged every building within a block of his home to blow?

Rule number #5025: The male hooker mage may no longer use orgy on civilians. ever.
StealthSigma
5026: I am no longer allowed to suggest that my PC should watch over the 17 year old daughter dependent of one of the PCs, who is extremely overprotective, while the rest of the team is out cavorting around.
5026a: Even though I have assured the PC that my PC has no ill-intended thoughts on the matter.
5026b: I am no longer allowed to have my PC suggest that the aforementioned dependent stay in the same hotel room as the PC that typically lives in coffin hotels and suggested we go to Prague because of how dirty it was and that they have great prostitutes.

5027: I am no longer allowed to check a HK-227X modded with chameleon coating, electronic firing, and extended clip in my checked luggage on flights. Even though the weapon is entirely legal and I have the paperwork to be carrying it and despite having a built in suppressor, it just causes way to many headaches to deal with it.
CanRay
5028: I'm not allowed to play. Ever. It's apparently a sign of the apocalypse.
Halinn
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 20 2012, 04:44 PM) *

Hence why we tried to stop SRO from happening wink.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 20 2012, 04:44 PM) *

Actually, because i am an ass like that, that little bit of useless trivia may just make it into SRO as an EasterEgg . .
Would have to pester Sangius and PrimeTide a bit more about this though i guess ^^
Malbur
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Aug 20 2012, 09:08 AM) *
5026: I am no longer allowed to suggest that my PC should watch over the 17 year old daughter dependent of one of the PCs, who is extremely overprotective, while the rest of the team is out cavorting around.
5026a: Even though I have assured the PC that my PC has no ill-intended thoughts on the matter.
5026b: I am no longer allowed to have my PC suggest that the aforementioned dependent stay in the same hotel room as the PC that typically lives in coffin hotels and suggested we go to Prague because of how dirty it was and that they have great prostitutes.

Ok, what's the story for this one?
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Malbur @ Aug 20 2012, 12:56 PM) *
Ok, what's the story for this one?

Exactly what it says on the Tin
Draco18s
5029: My eagle shifter is no longer allowed to roll perception to "spot hot chicks."
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Aug 20 2012, 01:10 PM) *

Hey, put up a Tropes warning at the very least nyahnyah.gif

I have things to do today damn you!
Halinn
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 20 2012, 09:38 PM) *
5029: My eagle shifter is no longer allowed to roll perception to "spot hot chicks."

http://genzoman.deviantart.com/art/Phoenix-202798063
Draco18s
QUOTE (Halinn @ Aug 20 2012, 05:00 PM) *

The hottest chick of them all. ^..~
ggodo
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 17 2012, 11:22 PM) *
Insanity Wolf would be a great Face in a team where each and every member of the group was human with fully maximized Edge of 9. (There's the quality you can take to raise the natural maximum, remember.)

2030: My technomancer's sprites are no longer allowed to be Advice Animals.

The first game I ran, the Techno's sprites were all advice animals, then I sent them to the moon to fight Insanity Wolf on S-K's moon base.
Dr.Rockso
Insanity Wolf should be a mentor spirit.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Aug 22 2012, 10:56 AM) *
Insanity Wolf should be a mentor spirit.

Courage Wolf should be a mentor spirit.

http://www.quickmeme.com/Courage-Wolf/
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 22 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Courage Wolf should be a mentor spirit.

http://www.quickmeme.com/Courage-Wolf/

I agree. BUt I still stand by what I said devil.gif

http://www.quickmeme.com/Insanity-Wolf/
CanRay
2031: "Take Drugs, Kill Bear" works as good advise in Fallout: New Vegas, not against a Shadowrun Bear Shaman.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 23 2012, 01:57 AM) *
2031: "Take Drugs, Kill Bear" works as good advise in Fallout: New Vegas, not against a Shadowrun Bear Shaman.

2031a: Or a bear shifter, for that matter.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 23 2012, 08:49 PM) *
2031a: Or a bear shifter, for that matter.

#2031b: Drop bears, on the other hand...
TeknoDragon
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Aug 23 2012, 09:34 AM) *
#2031b: Drop bears, on the other hand...

I thought it was take drugs, _see_ Drop Bears.
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Aug 23 2012, 11:44 AM) *
I thought it was take drugs, _see_ Drop Bears.

Eh, you say potato, I say tomato.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 23 2012, 01:57 AM) *

2032: I am not permitted to take a possession based tradition and have a plant spirit that possesses a man named Harold.
Glyph
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 20 2012, 01:46 PM) *
The hottest chick of them all. ^..~

2033: I am not allowed to make a phoenix shaman with lots of mental and telekinetic manipulation spells, and name her Jean Grey.
WhiskeyJohnny
2034: My runners are not allowed to open a Law Office under the name "Johnson, Johnson, and Johnson, Attorneys at Law"
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Aug 31 2012, 09:17 PM) *
2034: My runners are not allowed to open a Law Office under the name "Johnson, Johnson, and Johnson, Attorneys at Law"

I sense an interesting story behind this one. Care to share...? beret.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012