Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Jack VII
ETA Boxes: 8, 7, 6, 9, 10 (I'm about to post IC for Grease to text me if the Realtor starts heading downstairs.
Lobo0705
Ok - you will get through boxes 8,7 and 6 before Brandy winds down and tells Grease that she has to get downstairs to check on you.

Box 8: This box includes various Lone Star paraphernalia, including pens, cups, and other junk Manuel would have picked up from the office.

Box 7: Includes the hard copies of his paperwork. There is a lot, several folders worth, a quick scan shows they are personal notes, not official case files, as well as some paperwork for insurance, pay stubs, etc. Too much to read through in the limited time you have.

Box 6: It seems that Manuel must have been quite the baseball player, picking up several trophies - one each year for the last 5 years. All of them have a list of teammates, and all are labelled "Lone Star Intra-Departmental Baseball Champs:Border Patrol"
Lobo0705
Ok - hate to leave you guys in the middle of it, but I am off to run my PnP Denver Shadowrun group tonight smile.gif

Will be back on late,late tonight and then again tomorrow morning.

Jack VII
Any of the folders in Box 7 that appear recently dated? Any of the team members names on the trophies in Box ring a bell? Otherwise, this seems to have been a bust. Probably should have checked Misc... any windows in the basement?

ETA: Hmmm... that's odd though. We have Manuel working Robbery Investigation in Green Valley Ranch rather than Border Patrol operations as the trophies would seem to indicate.

EATA: Added Browse and Signal Scrub to my Hermes Ikon & adjusted character sheet and the expense report.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 19 2014, 04:52 PM) *
Any of the folders in Box 7 that appear recently dated? Any of the team members names on the trophies in Box ring a bell? Otherwise, this seems to have been a bust. Probably should have checked Misc... any windows in the basement?

ETA: Hmmm... that's odd though. We have Manuel working Robbery Investigation in Green Valley Ranch rather than Border Patrol operations as the trophies would seem to indicate.

Undercover? Reassignment?
-Nick
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 19 2014, 05:08 PM) *
Undercover? Reassignment?
-Nick

Or maybe someone falsified his record before Ramirez looked it up?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 19 2014, 04:52 PM) *

1) The folders are all at least 2 months old.
2) In addition to Manuel, you also see Samantha Jackson and Vic Hawthorne.
3) No, there are no windows in the basement.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 19 2014, 03:42 PM) *
It's all the novacoke - its giving you delusions of grandeur smile.gif

ROFLMAO
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 20 2014, 06:15 AM) *
1) The folders are all at least 2 months old.

What volume are we talking about here? Not something I could tuck in my pants and hide underneath my jacket?

Going to throw up an IC post and may edit it based on the response.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 20 2014, 08:41 AM) *
What volume are we talking about here? Not something I could tuck in my pants and hide underneath my jacket?

Each folder contains standard 8x11 pieces of paper and is several inches thick. There are 8 folders in the box.

You can grab some of the papers, yes - you might even be able to shove one folder in - definitely not two of them.

Jack VII
Sure, why not. I'm going to randomly grab a folder and tuck it in my pants behind my jacket. If that would require a skill I don't have (like Palming), I'll default and use a point of Edge to hopefully up my chances.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 20 2014, 08:53 AM) *
Sure, why not. I'm going to randomly grab a folder and tuck it in my pants behind my jacket. If that would require a skill I don't have (like Palming), I'll default and use a point of Edge to hopefully up my chances.

Ok, you grab a folder, and try to hide it.

Palming test, so Agility -1 die, + Edge=9d6, (IC is still down, time to break out the old d6s) - yields 3 hits.

Her perception test= 6d6 - yields 2 hits.

Go ahead and edit your post smile.gif

Jack VII
Just wanted to remind you that rule of 6 is in play if you didn't factor that in wink.gif

ETA: Post is edited.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 20 2014, 09:00 AM) *
Just wanted to remind you that rule of 6 is in play if you didn't factor that in wink.gif

Thanks for the reminder (although I did remember it wink.gif) - you only got one 6, and when I rerolled that, I got a 4.

DrZaius
Per Jack: Yeah, I was just implying the basement might be dirty, not bugged smile.gif

Also, my other plan was to knock the Realtor unconscious down here; your plan seems like a more appropriate move!

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Ok, so I did a Con check for Jack, adding a positive 3 dice pool adjustment for a combination of plausibility/mood of Brandy - yielding 5 hits (dropped back down to 4 for your social limit).

Brandy rolled, and either she is REALLY desperate for a sale, or just terrible saying no to someone, because she rolled 10 dice and got 1 hit.

IC post in a minute or two.
Jack VII
@DrZ: LOL, I had another intention, but not having the capability to easily send a text back prevents me from elaborating. smile.gif

@Lobo: If we do get the go-ahead to talk to Mrs. Manuel, Jack is going to make an excuse for heading out to the car first in order to drop off the folder.

ETA: I feel bad for Brandy. If we do go in on a team lifestyle, we should hire her to broker our deal. Heck, maybe she could become Brandy Simmons, Realtor for the Shadows!
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 20 2014, 10:38 AM) *
Also, my other plan was to knock the Realtor unconscious down here; your plan seems like a more appropriate move!
-DrZ

What is it with this group and poor officer Manuel? Bad enough he gets shot in his own living room, now you not only want to mind-rape his widow, break his neighbor's kid's electronics, and now assault his (or more properly I suppose, his wife's) realtor?

Have you no shame?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 20 2014, 09:45 AM) *
What is it with this group and poor officer Manuel? Bad enough he gets shot in his own living room, now you not only want to mind-rape his widow, break his neighbor's kid's electronics, and now assault his (or more properly I suppose, his wife's) realtor?

Have you no shame?

I feel compelled to note that one member of the team has not been party to any of the above suggested actions. biggrin.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 20 2014, 10:45 AM) *

Have you no shame?

Thought crimes! I haven't done anything... yet.
Jack VII
OK, so putting Manuel into the "Smuggling Interdiction" category with Mitchell, Hawthorne, and Jackson means that all of the officers working Smuggling Interdiction and Gang Control appear to have been assassinated, rather than killed randomly in the line of duty. We have yet to investigate the two officers killed on patrol duty (Wright and Taylor). We still need to look into Thomas as well, but given that he was killed with magic in his own apartment, I would say assassination is a pretty safe guess.
DrZaius
Next time we get separated from Brandy, I'll drop one of my fly spies and hide it under some furniture.
Chrome Head
Just a heads up for timeline's sake. Overkill sent a message to Jack and Grease 5 minutes before Jack takes the time to do whatever at the car in IC.
Jack VII
Thanks, I saw it, but noted that it was sent earlier in our timeline, but I probably should acknowledge it now. Thanks!

ETA: I edited my IC post to respond to Overkill.
DrZaius
Im good to go with moving the scene forward, Lobo.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 20 2014, 11:38 AM) *
Im good to go with moving the scene forward, Lobo.

-DrZ

Are you signing the contract, and if so, what SIN are you using?
Chrome Head
Lol, look at those motherf'ing gangsters signing real estate agency contracts and shit, so badass!
Jack VII
LOL, I just realized that Grease's police contact is Robocop.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 20 2014, 12:30 PM) *
LOL, I just realized that Grease's police contact is Robocop.

smile.gif
Lobo0705
Waiting to hear about which SIN Grease is using, then I can advance the scene.

Jack VII
If Grease chooses to share the contract, Jack will review it with his Negotiation/Contracts specialization to make sure it's on the up-and-up.

ETA: Not wanting to speak for DrZ, but I would assume if he is going to sign it, it would be with the Moss ID as I believe he set up the meeting with that one. Hmm... actually it doesn't seem to be specified. I must be thinking of the lawyer.
Chrome Head
What do you guys gain by signing that contract? I'm just not seeing it, but maybe I'm missing something.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 20 2014, 01:18 PM) *
What do you guys gain by signing that contract? I'm just not seeing it, but maybe I'm missing something.

An interview with Mrs. Manuel. Sounds like Brandy wants a client in the event she burns herself with Manuel for convincing her to speak with us. I like Brandy, she's shrewd. I think she would have a great career as a real-estate fixer for shadowy-types like us. Hopefully we can corrupt her enough that she pursues that line of work.
Chrome Head
Thanks for the explanation. I had actually misread the IC post from Lobo. Yeah that makes perfect sense. I feel like there would be .. criminal.. ways to do this but, that works too.
Jack VII
Well yeah, I mean, I can always pop a handblade through Brandy's throat and then go threaten to eviscerate Mrs. Manuel's guts and/or child and we might learn something that way, but why play the heel?
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 20 2014, 03:11 PM) *
Well yeah, I mean, I can always pop a handblade through Brandy's throat and then go threaten to eviscerate Mrs. Manuel's guts and/or child and we might learn something that way, but why play the heel?

All right, if that's what you want we can go for the old ultra-violence. wink.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 20 2014, 02:16 PM) *
All right, if that's what you want we can go for the old ultra-violence. wink.gif

Judging by my character build, I don't have a whole lot of other options. I guess I could look at her bank account statements to see if she's cheating on her taxes and blackmail her with that...
DrZaius
Negotiation with Brandy:

Charisma 6 + Negotiation 5 + Tailored Pheromones 1 = 12 dice, vs a Social Limit of 7. Modifiers (as always!) at your discretion.

I'll need you to roll it since Invisible Castle is still down. If you think Etiquette is more appropriate the dice pool is the same.

-DrZ

EDIT: "IC" is a bad abbreviation for Invisible Castle, considering we are in an IC/OOC board..
Always Overkill
Headed over to my brothers; I will be back on later this evening
Lobo0705
@Overkill - have fun smile.gif

@Grease

Ok - I took 2 dice away from you since it is disadvantageous to her - your 10d6 yielded 3 hits.

@Jack - while I agree that Brandy is savvy, you may want to reconsider working with her - 10d6 and again only got 1 hit!

IC post up in a moment.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 20 2014, 03:31 PM) *
@Jack - while I agree that Brandy is savvy, you may want to reconsider working with her - 10d6 and again only got 1 hit!

IC post up in a moment.

We can work with her on this. smile.gif

ETA: I assume Grease is going to release that Fly-Spy while Brandy heads upstairs? I know that Jack is going to break character and check out her legs.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 20 2014, 04:32 PM) *
We can work with her on this. smile.gif

ETA: I assume Grease is going to release that Fly-Spy while Brandy heads upstairs? I know that Jack is going to break character and check out her legs.

EDIT: Good idea. Lobo, you can feel free to include that in your IC response.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 20 2014, 04:34 PM) *

-DrZ

Well, you said you were going to release one of them the next time we had separation from her. Figured that would be when she was walking upstairs.

ETA: Is it an irrational fear when you post something right before you guess the GM is leaving work to head home and has ample time to scheme horrible consequences of your post?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 20 2014, 05:34 PM) *

-DrZ

Jack admiring her legs, or you launching the drone?

I decided to include both smile.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 20 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Well, you said you were going to release one of them the next time we had separation from her. Figured that would be when she was walking upstairs.

ETA: Is it an irrational fear when you post something right before you guess the GM is leaving work to head home and has ample time to scheme horrible consequences of your post?

If it makes you feel better, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I work from home - so there is no commute time smile.gif

However usually right after work I play with my son and daughter, plus there is time with the wife, etc - so it is a good simulation of commute time wink.gif
Jack VII
Well rats, I was hoping for a bit more of a reaction. DrZ, you're up!
DrZaius
Etiquette pool: 12, limit 7.
Performance pool: 12, limit 7.
-DrZ
EDIT: Grease wears his heart on his sleeve!.... When it suits him.
Jack VII
FYI: IC is back up last time I checked.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 20 2014, 11:33 PM) *
Etiquette pool: 12, limit 7.
Performance pool: 12, limit 7.
-DrZ
EDIT: Grease wears his heart on his sleeve!.... When it suits him.

Ok - so Grease's Etiquette test - taking the social modifier penalty

10d6.hits(5)=5

Maria resists

7d6.hits(5)=2

Now his performance (with no penalty because of his successful Etiquette test)

12d6.hits(5)=2

She resists

7d6.hits(5)=3

IC post up in a few

Always Overkill
Just so you guys know, this is quite the scene to watch. If his rolling holds out, Grease could be up for a Daytime Emmy.

I hope someone has their simrig running; Drave would love to watch Jack's, I mean Jo-Jo's, expressions throughout the tour. rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012