Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius
That cop just shot Amy and put her down. I will move forward (within short range), and fire a long burst. Bear in mind it is smartlinked and suppressed.not wireless enabled, btw. Hopefully I can get through his security armor. Who wants to go on the lam?
Chrome Head
For her last action this round, Amy will run to the best cover she can reach and give new instructions to her Air Spirit: "I want you to conceal from others: me, you, the Man spirit, Chomsky, Greeley, and Overkill, then resume combat as before while holding that concealment." I believe this will use up the last two remaining services owed by that spirit. Once again, let me know if you think this isn't something she can tell a spirit to do.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 5 2014, 07:37 PM) *
For her last action this round, Amy will run to the best cover she can reach and give new instructions to her Air Spirit: "I want you to conceal from others: me, you, the Man spirit, Chomsky, Greeley, and Overkill, then resume combat as before while holding that concealment." I believe this will use up the last two remaining services owed by that spirit. Once again, let me know if you think this isn't something she can tell a spirit to do.

Bear in mind Amy got knocked over, would need to stand for one of those actions.

DrZ

Eta is a body + will (2) test, wound modifiers apply. Getting shot sucks.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 5 2014, 07:39 PM) *
Eta is a body + will (2) test, wound modifiers apply. Getting shot sucks.

Oh yes, you're right.

Assuming she passes the test, can she stand up (simple action), run (free action) and command her spirit (simple action)?

If she doesn't pass the test, can she still take another action?
DrZaius
I don't see why not. You could even try to stand again.

I hate to ask this, but was Amy wearing her vest? If not, there might need to be some edge retconning..
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 5 2014, 07:59 PM) *
I don't see why not. You could even try to stand again.

I hate to ask this, but was Amy wearing her vest? If not, there might need to be some edge retconning..

She never took that off. She never actually offered.
Lobo0705
Ok, so, for the actions thing, why don't you:

1) Command the Spirit (simple action)
2) Attempt to stand (simple action)
3) Run (not even an action - you just get to do it smile.gif)

This way, you will command your spirit, and if you pass the test, you run, and if you don't, you just lie there (for now).

As far as commanding the spirit. If you want it to Conceal you, that's fine - that is an action to tell the spirit to do that, and will use a service. That stops it from attacking.

You will then (on your next action) be able to spend another simple action to attack again (which would use up the last service). Command spirit allows you to give one or more spirits a single command, and not to give one spirit multiple commands.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 5 2014, 08:02 PM) *
She never took that off. She never actually offered.

That is absolutely true. It is Grease and Overkill who aren't wearing vests smile.gif
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 08:03 PM) *
Ok, so, for the actions thing, why don't you:

1) Command the Spirit (simple action)
2) Attempt to stand (simple action)
3) Run (not even an action - you just get to do it smile.gif)

This way, you will command your spirit, and if you pass the test, you run, and if you don't, you just lie there (for now).

As far as commanding the spirit. If you want it to Conceal you, that's fine - that is an action to tell the spirit to do that, and will use a service. That stops it from attacking.

You will then (on your next action) be able to spend another simple action to attack again (which would use up the last service). Command spirit allows you to give one or more spirits a single command, and not to give one spirit multiple commands.

Yes precisely what I have in mind. 2 successes on 7 dice, I just hope for the best. The turnaround on her dodge pool is pretty serious, at -2 vs +2 (more if she reaches cover).

That's fine, regarding the command spirit action. It's okay to ask it to keep the concealment on while going back into combat right?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 08:04 PM) *
That is absolutely true. It is Grease and Overkill who aren't wearing vests smile.gif

I knew I'd be in the car! smile.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 09:04 PM) *

Indeed, any chance he might have grabbed his Armor Jacket from the car?

...jk... He's not that lucky wink.gif
Lobo0705
IP 2
Rigger 14 - shoot spirit of man
Spirit of Man 12 - attack drone
Grease 10 - attack the officer that shot Amy
Drone#4 - will do nothing as it sheds its cumulative recoil (this is the drone the Spirit of man attacked)
Air Spirit 8
Lone Star officer #2 7
Overkill 6
Amy 2

Ok then:

Rigger, commands one of his remaining drones to fire at the Spirit of Man again (Drone#2)

Switch from FA to BF, Free action
11 dice, +2 for Smartlink, -1 for noise, short burst, can't compensate for 1 of the recoil, so a total of 11 dice:
11d6.hits(5)=2

Spirit Dodges:
13 dice normally, -4 since this is the 5th attack it has had to dodge, -2 more from the burst is 7 dice:
7d6.hits(5)=6

The spirit had had ENOUGH of getting hit.

The Spirit strikes back:
Casts Ball Lightning at Force 5
Spellcasting 5, Magic 5, 10d6, -2 for wound modifiers
8d6.hits(5)=3

So the Drone is hit, and has to resist 5DV with an AP of 5, so it only rolls 4 dice to resist
4d6.hits(5)=0

So it takes 5 points of damage and 2 points of Matrix Damage

Grease now attacks the guy who shot Amy
Gunnery 4, Specialization +2, Agility 3, Hot Sim 2, no noise penalty, no range penalty, no vision penalty, recoil penalty of 2 (6 bullets fired, the drone has a base recoil comp of 4) so 9 dice
9d6.hits(5)=6 Nice roll! (Your limit is 9 with the CR and the smartlink)

The guy attempts to dodge:
13d6.hits(5)=5

So a hit is scored smile.gif
10P AP 2

Resisted by 21 dice (this includes reducing his armor by 2)
21d6.hits(5)=9

So he takes 1 box of stun damage

The Air spirit now attacks, tossing a bolt of lightning at a drone (I rolled randomly, and it is attacking the same one that the spirit of Man damaged)
15d6.hits(5)=5

The drone dodges:
6d6.hits(5)=0

So now has to resist 12DV base, +5 to 17DV, with an AP of 6
4d6.hits(5)=3

It rolled well that time, but not well enough smile.gif - it takes 14 DV, plus 7 more Matrix Damage and plummets from the sky.

Officer #2 moves to put his Patrol 3 between himself and the Doberman, lines up a shot, and fires.
He again takes no penalties (Short range for you is Medium range to him, and his enhancements take care of that), +1 die since he aims.
15d6.hits(5)=6

You Dodge:
Int + React=10 dice
10d6.hits (5)=6

Wow - Nice roll!

Overkill - I'm assuming since one drone is down, you are just going to fork the data spike to the remaining drone and the commlink:

Data Spike:
14d6.hits(5)=3 - uses Edge to negate the Glitch:

Drone resists:
11d6.hits(5)=6

Commlink Resists:
7d6.hits(5)=2

So you do base 12 DV

It resists:
6d6.hits (5)=2

It takes 10 DV and is bricked.

Finally, Amy:
Commands the spirit, attempts to stand up (normally 9 dice, -2 for wounds)
7d6.hits(5)=2

Stands up and runs for cover.

Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 5 2014, 09:06 PM) *
That's fine, regarding the command spirit action. It's okay to ask it to keep the concealment on while going back into combat right?

Yes, that's fine.
Chrome Head
I was hoping there would be cover within running range of Amy. Is there?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 08:46 PM) *
Ok then:

Grease now attacks the guy who shot Amy
Gunnery 4, Specialization +2, Agility 3, Hot Sim 2, no noise penalty, no range penalty, no vision penalty, recoil penalty of 2 (6 bullets fired, the drone has a base recoil comp of 4) so 9 dice
9d6.hits(5)=6 Nice roll! (Your limit is 9 with the CR and the smartlink)

The guy attempts to dodge:
13d6.hits(5)=5

So a hit is scored smile.gif
10P AP 2

Resisted by 21 dice (this includes reducing his armor by 2)
21d6.hits(5)=9

So he takes 1 box of stun damage.

That's what I was afraid of... at least I hope I got his attention.
Always Overkill
Yes I will spend my Edge to negate the Glitch
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 5 2014, 08:56 PM) *
That's what I was afraid of... at least I hope I got his attention.

You fired 6 bullets and his defense pool was 13 dice. He must of used an interrupt action, so you did get his attention and that worked very nicely.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 5 2014, 09:54 PM) *
I was hoping there would be cover within running range of Amy. Is there?

Yes - your Agility is 3, and you can definitely get to a car within 12 meters of you.

Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 5 2014, 10:02 PM) *
You fired 6 bullets and his defense pool was 13 dice. He must of used an interrupt action, so you did get his attention and that worked very nicely.

Chrome et al - thank you. This is a lot of work going back and forth, and I (to my chagrin) keep missing stuff.

He did not use an interrupt action - I just failed to subtract the 5 dice from his dodge pool. By subtracting the 5 dice from the right, that negates one more of his hits, so he takes 2 boxes of stun damage, instead of 1.

Please feel free to double check me, as I'm not trying to pull a fast one, just keeping track of lots of stuff frown.gif

ETA - updated the above to include Overkill's use of Edge, he doesn't hurt the drone but bricks the commlink.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 09:06 PM) *
Please feel free to double check me, as I'm not trying to pull a fast one, just keeping track of lots of stuff frown.gif

Lol. I wasn't even doubting you. I just figured +5 dice from an interrupt would make sense hehe.

And yeah, I know it can be a lot to keep track of. It definitely is in a PnP game, and it's no different here.

ETA: About that glitch rolled by Overkill, the action is still successful (his hits still happen), no? It's just that in addition something will make his life more complicated somehow?
Lobo0705
IP 3
Rigger 4
Spirit of Man 2

The Rigger drops from BF to SA, and fires one more shot:
10d6.hits (5)=6

The Spirit Dodges:
13 dice, -2 for the wounds:
11d6.hits(5)=5

So the spirit has to resist 12DV AP3
It rolls Body of 6 +7 armor
13d6.hits(5)=1 +4 hits from Immunity, total of 5, so it takes 7 Physical DV and is disrupted.
Always Overkill
Is there a chance I could spot both Officer 1 & 2's Pistols with a Matrix Perception test?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 5 2014, 09:23 PM) *
Is there a chance I could spot both Officer 1 & 2's Pistols with a Matrix Perception test?

Yes. You make a Perception test, and they both resist.
Always Overkill
With the last Drone down, I believe that is what I will be doing this next IP (Probably need to swap my Sleaze and Data Processing Attributes if I do this); how far is Amy from me currently? Does she look like she has reached cover from the Lone Star Officers (Is one stalking her looking to finish her off?); also can I see what's going on with Chomsky and Greeley, has anyone in the crowd come to their aid?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 5 2014, 10:37 PM) *
With the last Drone down, I believe that is what I will be doing this next IP; how far is Amy from me currently? Does she look like she has reached cover; also can I see what's going on with Chomsky and Greeley, has anyone in the crowd come to their aid?

Ok, so a little more description on context:

1) There is still one drone around. (You bricked 2, and the two spirits combined and knocked out a 3rd.)
2) Amy is about 20 meters away from you in a straight line, but the stage is in the way. You know where she is because you know where her matrix icons are (since she has them slaved to your deck.) You can't actually see her physical form now, as she is behind the stage.
3) You can't see Chomsky and Greeley - you are in the middle of a crowd, and they are lying on the ground - too much stuff in the way.
4) No one has come to their aid - remember, although this takes hours of real time and pages and pages of posts, a total of three seconds have passed in the game world smile.gif The civilians would basically all have failed their surprise roll more than likely (or most of them would) and most of the crowd is out on the baseball fields, while Chomsky and Greeley are in the parking lot.

ETA - The failed attack against the Drone (in which the Drone beat your attack by 3 hits) causes 3 points of Matrix damage to your Persona.
Always Overkill
Ahh, and I can see that the Drone is heavily engaged with Amy's spirits?

In that case; I will do the Matrix Perception check with my next IP, trying to find the two Pistol's Icons. (Followed with a Forked DataSpike against them if I am successful in locating them.)

Is their anything else I can do to help aid my Matrix Perception Rolls?////
Lobo0705
Ok, so Initiative just got a simpler smile.gif

Amy 25
Spirit of Air 24 - use conceal power
Grease 23 - move Rhex to cover, swap Noise Cancellation and Program sharing upload Biofeedback filter, inviting 3 Marks from Overkill on the BMW.
Officer 2 21
Rigger 21
Drone 18
Overkill 13 - Free action, swap Sleaze and Data Processing, Complex - Matrix Perception to spot both pistols.
Chomsky 12
Greeley 12
Officer 1 11
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 5 2014, 10:54 PM) *
Ahh, and I can see that the Drone is heavily engaged with Amy's spirits?

Is their anything else I can do to help aid my Matrix Perception Rolls?////

Well, at this point, he is heavily engaged with Amy's spirit (singular) - but yes.

Apart from raising your Intuition or Computer Skill (or getting a specialization), no, not that I'm aware of.

ETA - Grease and Amy, just need to know your actions.

Grease remember that when you fire, you are going to have to deal with uncompensated recoil.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 09:59 PM) *
Apart from raising your Intuition or Computer Skill (or getting a specialization), no, not that I'm aware of.

That's pretty much it. You can't become a TM, so that's out. You honestly shouldn't have too many problems picking up icons running silently unless they're slaved to a deck. Most people's Logic attributes shouldn't be that high and that's all most folks defend with when running silently.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 10:56 PM) *
Ok, so Initiative just got a simpler smile.gif

Amy 25
Grease 23
Officer 2 21
Rigger 21
Drone 18
Overkill 13 - Matrix Perception
Chomsky 12
Greeley 12
Officer 1 11

Man, I had a bad Initiative roll for this combat didn't I? (I know Amy has her Magic enhancement, Grease and the Rigger are both likely in Hot-sim VR, but Officer #2 is a speed freak wink.gif )

Can I add sending a message to Amy and Grease as part of my action, Seeing if she is ok and if Grease can cover her, Chomsky, and Greeley's escape or get to them with his cab?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 5 2014, 10:07 PM) *
Man, I had a bad Initiative roll for this combat didn't I?

Can I add sending a message to Amy and Grease as part of my action, Seeing if she is ok and if Grease can cover her, Chomsky, and Greeley's escape or get to them with his cab?

Send Message is a Simple Action. You could yell though (that's Free).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 5 2014, 10:07 PM) *
Man, I had a bad Initiative roll for this combat didn't I?

Yes - I rolled a 4 on two dice for you. Sorry frown.gif

As Jack said, sending a message through the Matrix is a simple action. Speaking out loud is a free action, but that is supposed to be a few words - plus, good luck having her hear what you are saying over the noise of the crowd and the automatic weapons fire.
DrZaius
I'd like to move Rhex to cover to let my recoil cool down. What's it take to swap programs? I think I'd like to get some programs to aid me if I get hit (armor? Biofeedback filter? ). I also think I'd like to invite some marks on the bmw to overkill so he can control it remotely. I only want to swap the programs if I can limit my noise penalty (but I'd take 1 point of noise for more defense).

Eta: no need for a message; your commlink will inform you you can move the car without my involvement smile.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 11:11 PM) *
Yes - I rolled a 4 on two dice for you. Sorry frown.gif

As Jack said, sending a message through the Matrix is a simple action. Speaking out loud is a free action, but that is supposed to be a few words - plus, good luck having her hear what you are saying over the noise of the crowd and the automatic weapons fire.

NP... we all know how IC just loves Drave...

I will wait to send the message with my next IP, if I can. (You remember me swapping my Data Processing and Sleaze Settings for the Matrix perception roll?)
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 5 2014, 11:12 PM) *
I'd like to move Rhex to cover to let my recoil cool down. What's it take to swap programs? I think I'd like to get some programs to aid me if I get hit (armor? Biofeedback filter? ). I also think I'd like to invite some marks on the bmw to overkill so he can control it remotely. I only want to swap the programs if I can limit my noise penalty (but I'd take 1 point of noise for more defense).

Ok, so currently you have 2 points of Noise cancellation and 1 program running (Signal Scrub). It costs a free action to change the settings to reduce noise cancellation by one and add one to the number of programs you are running, and then another free action to load a program (you only have 1 free action, so it would take one of your simple actions to load the program). Biofeedback filer is the one you want.

If you do that, you would effectively add one to your noise penalty to give yourself 2 extra dice to resist biofeedback damage should Rhex get hit and pass that biofeedback along to you.

Inviting a mark is a simple action, so you could invite up to 3 marks from Overkill with the one action.

So you could do all three on your turn.

ETA - that would mean that at some point, Overkill could spend a free action to acquire 3 marks on your car.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 10:19 PM) *
Ok, so currently you have 2 points of Noise cancellation and 1 program running (Signal Scrub). It costs a free action to change the settings to reduce noise cancellation by one and add one to the number of programs you are running, and then another free action to load a program (you only have 1 free action, so it would take one of your simple actions to load the program). Biofeedback filer is the one you want.

If you do that, you would effectively add one to your noise penalty to give yourself 2 extra dice to resist biofeedback damage should Rhex get hit and pass that biofeedback along to you.

Inviting a mark is a simple action, so you could invite up to 3 marks from Overkill with the one action.

So you could do all three on your turn.

Sounds good.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 5 2014, 11:17 PM) *
I will wait to send the message with my next IP, if I can. (You remember me swapping my Data Processing and Sleaze Settings for the Matrix perception roll?)

No problem - noted above.
Chrome Head
Amy will cast a F3 Mass Confusion spell centered on Mr. Officer #2 (if that's indeed the one who shot me) or slightly off to try to include the other officer in the radius if that's possible. 14 dice -2 for wounds modifiers. She'll extend her counter-spelling to Chomsky and Greeley.

12d6.hits(5)=3

Resist Drain 2S

13d6.hits(5)=1

Wow and there I was trying to avoid taking any risk. She takes 1S more damage for a total of 3, which means her total dice pool modifier is now -3. Gosh.
Lobo0705
Btw - this should have been done immediately (but we both forgot)

Charisma+Willpower -2 for wounds

11d6.hits(5)=3

So Amy does not go berserk and charge at the officers smile.gif
Lobo0705
@Grease and Amy,

I need to clarify something:

In order to gain the benefit from cover, you need to use a Take Cover Simple Action.

@Grease,
Is Rhex moving completely out of LOS (like behind the stage, or completely behind a van) so that no LOS exists between him and the officers, or is he moving so that he will not have to move to shoot next time?

If he moves out of LOS, no Take Cover action is needed, as he will have broken LOS. If not, then are you going to use the Take Cover action to replace one of the other two Simple Actions you declared?

@Amy,
Just an FYI, you are currently not actually in cover, as you had to stick your head out far enough to be able to see your target. If you want, I'll let you Recklessly cast the Mass Confusion instead. If you do, that will allow you to take the Take Cover Simple action (giving you +4 cover bonus) at the expense of 3 more points of Stun damage.

The reason it is important is that Concealment isn't Invisibility. Until they make some sort of active attempt to hide, or something else happens that causes them to have the ability to make the bad guys break LOS for a second or two, the concealment power isn't going to have any effect.

For instance, the spirit of Air is currently concealing itself. It, however, is still floating up in the middle of the sky, having made no attempt to hide itself or even move out of LOS. This means no perception test is necessary to see it, and so the -6 dice are not going to apply at all - everyone still sees it. Similar is the situation with Chomsky and Greeley. They are still lying down, right where they were, in complete LOS of both officers. They didn't just vanish - so the concealment power isn't having an effect on them yet. Overkill, for example, is still visible to everyone who is immediately around him. However, since the officers weren't paying attention to him to begin with, if he attempts to move closer to them (and isn't drawing attention to himself), they would need to make a perception test to see him at the -6.

For Amy, here is my interpretation. She ran off, breaking LOS, and then the spirit used its power. So I will have the bad guys be forced to make a Perception test to see her once she pokes her head out. That being said, since you have not made a Sneak test, they will require only 1 hit to see you (They will be taking the negative for both the Mass Confusion and the Concealment power).

If they spot you, you are the clear threat, and you will draw fire again. If you choose not to Take Cover, then you will not gain that bonus against any attack.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 5 2014, 11:19 PM) *
ETA - that would mean that at some point, Overkill could spend a free action to acquire 3 marks on your car.

He will do so... Drave has never remote controlled a BMW before, should be fun wink.gif
DrZaius
I suppose I can wait to swap the programs; I won't need the armor if I don't get hit, right?

So, 2 simple actions
1) Take cover
2) Invite Marks.

-DrZ

Also, who still is in play? 2 officers? Are any of the drone still up?
Jack VII
2 officers, one drone, and one rigger somewhere.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 6 2014, 06:36 AM) *
Btw - this should have been done immediately (but we both forgot)

Charisma+Willpower -2 for wounds

11d6.hits(5)=3

So Amy does not go berserk and charge at the officers smile.gif

Oh god! Thanks for remembering.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 6 2014, 06:53 AM) *
@Amy,
Just an FYI, you are currently not actually in cover, as you had to stick your head out far enough to be able to see your target. If you want, I'll let you Recklessly cast the Mass Confusion instead. If you do, that will allow you to take the Take Cover Simple action (giving you +4 cover bonus) at the expense of 3 more points of Stun damage.

The reason it is important is that Concealment isn't Invisibility. Until they make some sort of active attempt to hide, or something else happens that causes them to have the ability to make the bad guys break LOS for a second or two, the concealment power isn't going to have any effect.

For instance, the spirit of Air is currently concealing itself. It, however, is still floating up in the middle of the sky, having made no attempt to hide itself or even move out of LOS. This means no perception test is necessary to see it, and so the -6 dice are not going to apply at all - everyone still sees it. Similar is the situation with Chomsky and Greeley. They are still lying down, right where they were, in complete LOS of both officers. They didn't just vanish - so the concealment power isn't having an effect on them yet. Overkill, for example, is still visible to everyone who is immediately around him. However, since the officers weren't paying attention to him to begin with, if he attempts to move closer to them (and isn't drawing attention to himself), they would need to make a perception test to see him at the -6.

For Amy, here is my interpretation. She ran off, breaking LOS, and then the spirit used its power. So I will have the bad guys be forced to make a Perception test to see her once she pokes her head out. That being said, since you have not made a Sneak test, they will require only 1 hit to see you (They will be taking the negative for both the Mass Confusion and the Concealment power).

If they spot you, you are the clear threat, and you will draw fire again. If you choose not to Take Cover, then you will not gain that bonus against any attack.

Ok thanks for the clarification, once again I acted too fast, sorry. I'd like to retcon what I did if you allow it. I'd take this round to hide ideally out of LOS, and next one to cast (using the same dice, obviously, unless you prefer that I reroll). This round would be breaking line of sight and taking position in cover. When she pokes out to cast the next action phase, she'd be sneaking right?

Anyway, if the only acceptable option is to cast recklessly, then that's fine she'll do that.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 6 2014, 12:53 PM) *
Ok thanks for the clarification, once again I acted too fast, sorry. I'd like to retcon what I did if you allow it. I'd take this round to hide ideally out of LOS, and next one to cast (using the same dice, obviously, unless you prefer that I reroll). This round would be breaking line of sight and taking position in cover. When she pokes out to cast the next action phase, she'd be sneaking right?

Anyway, if the only acceptable option is to cast recklessly, then that's fine she'll do that.

Here is the way I see it. Last turn, you broke LOS.

In order to cast the spell at them, you need to stick your head out, and potentially get it shot off. You can either do this the sneaky or not sneaky way.

The sneaky way consists of you spending IP1 using your Complex Action to perform a Sneak test. This Sneak test will put you in a position to see to cast the spell (and to be able to be seen and be shot) during IP1.

The advantage of this is that you will get to roll your Sneak test in order to make the threshold for them to see you higher than one.

Then, assuming you survive to IP 2, you have another choice to make. Either you just cast the spell, and hope they don't see you OR you Take Cover and Reckless Spellcast (and take the extra 3 DV) OR you just Take Cover, and then on IP 3 cast the spell.

The non-sneaky way involves doing what you did, i.e. just popping your head up and casting the spell. This means they make a Perception test only needing one hit to see you, AND, if they shoot you, you don't get cover.

OR, you could pop your head up, Take Cover, and then Reckless Spellcast.

I'm fine with any of those - just let me know what you want to do.
Chrome Head
The most stealthy way please!
Lobo0705
Amy 25 - Make Stealth test
Grease 23 - move Rhex to cover, swap Noise Cancellation and Program sharing Take Cover Action, inviting 3 Marks from Overkill on the BMW.
Officer 2 21
Rigger 21
Drone 18
Overkill 13 - Free action, swap Sleaze and Data Processing, Complex - Matrix Perception to spot both pistols.
Chomsky 12
Greeley 12
Officer 1 11

Amy's Sneak Test
Agi 3 + Sneak 2 + Specialization +2, 7d6 -2 for wound modifiers is 5
5d6.hits(5)=3

Nice roll smile.gif

Next is the Spirit using its conceal power

Next is Grease
move Rhex to cover, swap Noise Cancellation and Program sharing Take Cover Action, inviting 3 Marks from Overkill on the BMW.

Officer#2
Will aim and take a shot at Rhex
Normally 14d6, +1 for the aim
15d6.hits(5)=7

Rhex dodges
Normally 10d6, +4 for the full cover
14d6.hits(5)=4

Grease, are you using Edge?

DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 6 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Amy 25 - Make Stealth test
Grease 23 - move Rhex to cover, swap Noise Cancellation and Program sharing Take Cover Action, inviting 3 Marks from Overkill on the BMW.
Officer 2 21
Rigger 21
Drone 18
Chomsky 12
Greeley 12
Officer 1 11

Amy's Sneak Test
Agi 3 + Sneak 2 + Specialization +2, 7d6 -2 for wound modifiers is 5
5d6.hits(5)=3

Nice roll smile.gif

Next is the Spirit using its conceal power

Next is Grease
move Rhex to cover, swap Noise Cancellation and Program sharing Take Cover Action, inviting 3 Marks from Overkill on the BMW.

Officer#2
Will aim and take a shot at Rhex
Normally 14d6, +1 for the aim
15d6.hits(5)=7

Rhex dodges
Normally 10d6, +4 for the full cover
14d6.hits(5)=4

Grease, are you using Edge?

What'd he shoot me with, a pistol? 8 dice to resist... I am just walking out the door; let me get back to you later tonight.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 6 2014, 07:15 PM) *
What'd he shoot me with, a pistol? 8 dice to resist... I am just walking out the door; let me get back to you later tonight.

Yes he shot you with a pistol. You also have the option of full defense but given your willpower of only 2, it probably isn't worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012