Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius
Just to be clear before I respond IC; that was the amount we thought we'd get, right? Also, did we want to show him the footage of the Johnson?

-DrZ
Jack VII
Well, since he already fronted 2K each, that would total 27K each and the most we were going to make was 30K each if we hit all the notes. I would say that's quite a bit more than what we were anticipating. I'm absolutely happy with that...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 01:40 PM) *
Just to be clear before I respond IC; that was the amount we thought we'd get, right? Also, did we want to show him the footage of the Johnson?

-DrZ

If you did everything correct, the payout would have been 30,000 nuyen.gif each. He already gave you 2,000, and this would be an additional 25,000 - so it is the majority of what you were expecting to get. (possibly slightly higher).

ETA - ninja'd by Jack smile.gif
Jack VII
Before I add out payout to everyone's sheets, I'm going to pay Grease out of the total for what he loaned the team to purchase the coveralls, gas masks, and restraints. Then I'll split the total evenly between the four of us, if that's cool with everyone.

ETA: That means everyone would get 24,787, except for Grease who would get 25,639.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 12:53 PM) *
Before I add out payout to everyone's sheets, I'm going to pay Grease out of the total for what he loaned the team to purchase the coveralls, gas masks, and restraints. Then I'll split the total evenly between the four of us, if that's cool with everyone.

ETA: That means everyone would get 24,787, except for Grease who would get 25,639.

Cue 80s shopping montage!
-DrZ
DrZaius
Checking back on some old posts (~around post 3100), we had Overkill pull the AK-97 out of Rhex to use. I think he still has it, and I presume Grease would want it back. He may have modified it a bit as well (pulled the suppressor off, added a shock pad and external smartlink). I don't recall where we came out on Rhex being repairable; I think we tabled it because I'd be reduced to 1 die to try and repair him without a shop, which I couldn't afford at the time. However, now that we've been paid that *is* something I could afford, which I may think about investing in.

ETA: I think the Rotodrone may still have some damage on it as well that we didn't get a chance to fix. TBD!
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 01:32 PM) *
Cue 80s shopping montage!
-DrZ

I think all of you would have your own montages.

Jack, reluctant to be limited to his skillwires, looks to better his unarmed combat.

Overkill, determined to better his hacking skills, goes back to school.

Grease, Amy, and Kevin meanwhile, go for a drive and meet up with the Yakuza - with disastrous results. Clearly Grease is still on his Novacoke bender.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 02:08 PM) *
Checking back on some old posts (~around post 3100), we had Overkill pull the AK-97 out of Rhex to use. I think he still has it, and I presume Grease would want it back. He may have modified it a bit as well (pulled the suppressor off, added a shock pad and external smartlink). I don't recall where we came out on Rhex being repairable; I think we tabled it because I'd be reduced to 1 die to try and repair him without a shop, which I couldn't afford at the time. However, now that we've been paid that *is* something I could afford, which I may think about investing in.

ETA: I think the Rotodrone may still have some damage on it as well that we didn't get a chance to fix. TBD!

IIRC, Rhex had all of his physical boxes filled, and the Rotodrone had 3 boxes of physical still left on it. (I could be wrong about the Rotodrone, will have to go back and look.).
Jack VII
LOL, love the montages, especially the Better Off Dead one.

@DrZ: As I recall, Overkill pulled the AK off of Rhex and added a shock pad, external smartlink, and a gas-vent II system to it. The gas-vent may be problematic as RAW says it can't be removed once installed. Jack grabbed the suppressor and put it on the Colt for his run against the shipping company and the apartment job. Obviously, you can have all your stuff back, but Lobo will have to weigh in on whether you can take the gas-vent system off or not (if not, I will be happy to transfer you the book value for the suppressor, I could certainly use it).

ETA: Not sure if we want to consider doing it, but R&G errata puts the price point for repairing boxes of damage to 2% of total cost. Our method is a lot more realistic, but a bit more complicated. Also, I know Lobo isn't a fan of how easy it is to heal damage, I thought of a minor addition to our healing house rules: If a character enters physical overflow, the most they can do is stabilize. If they want to heal physical damage naturally, they must be hospitalized.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 02:17 PM) *

@DrZ: As I recall, Overkill pulled the AK off of Rhex and added a shock pad, external smartlink, and a gas-vent II system to it. The gas-vent may be problematic as RAW says it can't be removed once installed. Jack grabbed the suppressor and put it on the Colt for his run against the shipping company and the apartment job. Obviously, you can have all your stuff back, but Lobo will have to weigh in on whether you can take the gas-vent system off or not (if not, I will be happy to transfer you the book value for the suppressor, I could certainly use it).

Or we could have an extra AK lying around. I would like to have one of my drones have a "quiet" option available. I suppose I could put my Smartgun into Rhex (or Rhex II), since it's suppressed. Clearly I need to get out of the firing line whenever possible.
-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Or we could have an extra AK lying around. I would like to have one of my drones have a "quiet" option available.

What's on the Roto-Drone right now?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 02:25 PM) *
What's on the Roto-Drone right now?

97 with a gas vent 4, I'm pretty sure.
-DrZ
Jack VII
Maybe we can rule that it can be removed but is destroyed in the process? I think the main point was that they didn't want people to be able to just take them off and on very easily. I'm not sure why other than some reach towards realism.

ETA: Gas-Vent (R4)? I think they only go up to (R3).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 03:17 PM) *

ETA: Not sure if we want to consider doing it, but R&G errata puts the price point for repairing boxes of damage to 2% of total cost. Our method is a lot more realistic, but a bit more complicated. Also, I know Lobo isn't a fan of how easy it is to heal damage, I thought of a minor addition to our healing house rules: If a character enters physical overflow, the most they can do is stabilize. If they want to heal physical damage naturally, they must be hospitalized.

I don't see any reason why the suppressor would be non-removable do you? If you look at this you can see the suppressor basically just screws on. No reason that suppressors in 2075 should be harder to add/remove than those of 60 years earlier.

I like the addition to the medical rules - i.e. that if you are in overflow, you have to be hospitalized, that makes a lot more sense.

As far as repairing drones/vehicles, I like the house rules, if for no other reason than they make much more sense about what you need to repair something. If the drone gets pancaked when it drops from 200 meters in the sky, you aren't going to be able to fix it with a toolkit smile.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 30 2014, 02:30 PM) *
I don't see any reason why the suppressor would be non-removable do you? If you look at this you can see the suppressor basically just screws on. No reason that suppressors in 2075 should be harder to add/remove than those of 60 years earlier.

Not the suppressor, the gas vent system.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 30 2014, 03:30 PM) *

I like the addition to the medical rules - i.e. that if you are in overflow, you have to be hospitalized, that makes a lot more sense.

As far as repairing drones/vehicles, I like the house rules, if for no other reason than they make much more sense about what you need to repair something. If the drone gets pancaked when it drops from 200 meters in the sky, you aren't going to be able to fix it with a toolkit smile.gif

With that in mind, I presume that means Rhex is toast unless I get access to a facility?

Additionally, we should figure out what type of sensors the Rotodrone has. I had various sensors listed on each of my drones (I may have purchased them separately, or just picked them?) but I don't know what the Rotodrone has.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 02:34 PM) *
Additionally, we should figure out what type of sensors the Rotodrone has. I had various sensors listed on each of my drones (I may have purchased them separately, or just picked them?) but I don't know what the Rotodrone has.

I'm pretty sure you pick eight of them for free. If you upgrade any of the cameras or mics (Low-Lihgt, Thermo, Select Sound Filter, etc), you have to pay for that separately.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 03:36 PM) *
I'm pretty sure you pick eight of them for free. If you upgrade any of the cameras or mics (Low-Lihgt, Thermo, Select Sound Filter, etc), you have to pay for that separately.

Ok, so I didn't have to buy 'em. But since we got this drone "on loan", it came pre-loaded with whatever Lobo wants cyber.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Not the suppressor, the gas vent system.

Ah - sorry. My bad.

So a couple things;

1) Post #3153 shows the Rotodrone as having 4 structural and 1 non structural damage on it. Rhex has 8 boxes of non-structural damage.

2) It should be a Gas Vent 3, but I said Gas Vent 4 because I'm used to 3rd edition, when the ratings could go that high. (That is the one that was already in the Rotodrone.

3) The AK that was on Rhex had a sound suppressor and an external smartlink. I know that Overkill bought a Gas vent 2, was that for the AK that he pulled out of Rhex or for another weapon?

4) Gas vents should probably not be removable without a shop.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 03:38 PM) *
Ok, so I didn't have to buy 'em. But since we got this drone "on loan", it came pre-loaded with whatever Lobo wants cyber.gif

For ease of play, we'll say it has the same sensor suite as Rhex smile.gif
Jack VII
I think we're going to have to dig through the posts to see what work Overkill did on the weapons. I was almost certain the intent was to install it on the AK because he bought it alongside all of the other stuff he purchased for the AK (shock pad, smartgun system, etc). I'll start snooping and see what I can find.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 30 2014, 02:40 PM) *
For ease of play, we'll say it has the same sensor suite as Rhex smile.gif

I think all flying drones should have atmospheric sensors, personally. wink.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 03:34 PM) *
With that in mind, I presume that means Rhex is toast unless I get access to a facility?

You can try and repair it, but you need a shop, or you are going to take a -4 dice pool penalty.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 02:41 PM) *
I think we're going to have to dig through the posts to see what work Overkill did on the weapons. I was almost certain the intent was to install it on the AK because he bought it alongside all of the other stuff he purchased for the AK (shock pad, smartgun system, etc). I'll start snooping and see what I can find.

I didn't find the post where he installed it, but he considered it installed on his equipment post for the ambush.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 02:45 PM) *
I didn't find the post where he installed it, but he considered it installed on his equipment post for the ambush.

Good catch.

Well, if Rhex could be repaired with a shop, 5k seems like a reasonable expense for something we'll end up getting a lot of use out of. Not to mention I'd have to spend that much to purchase a new drone anyways. This way, we'd get Rhex resurrected! I could even get another doberman; F1D0, maybe?

ETA: Did the Rotodrone come with any autosofts, or are those stored locally on someones Deck / RCC?
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 02:49 PM) *
Well, if Rhex could be repaired with a shop, 5k seems like a reasonable expense for something we'll end up getting a lot of use out of. Not to mention I'd have to spend that much to purchase a new drone anyways. This way, we'd get Rhex resurrected! I could even get another doberman; F1D0, maybe?

I think a shop would make sense, although I think per the rules you would have to get shops for each mechanic skill (Aeronautic & Automotive for the drones you currently have).

My vote is for resurrecting Rhex. I liked that little bastard. At least more than I like any of Grease's other drones/vehicles.

ETA: I feel bad, Chrome's going to get on here and see like two pages of new posts and probably wonder what the Hell happened. wink.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 03:49 PM) *
Good catch.

ETA: Did the Rotodrone come with any autosofts, or are those stored locally on someones Deck / RCC?

The Rotodrone has no autosofts, it was being run off of Gutter's RCC.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 02:53 PM) *
I think a shop would make sense, although I think per the rules you would have to get shops for each mechanic skill (Aeronautic & Automotive for the drones you currently have).

My vote is for resurrecting Rhex. I liked that little bastard. At least more than I like any of Grease's other drones/vehicles.

ETA: I feel bad, Chrome's going to get on here and see like two pages of new posts and probably wonder what the Hell happened. wink.gif

True. But I should have space, given that I spent that extra money on my lifestyle for "work space". One of those things that you get for character development before you have the 'yen to afford it cyber.gif

Did Lobo rule I needed separate shops? I purchased a "vehicle repair kit", although that may be a "ground vehicle repair kit"... I can see an argument for both sides, but I'd obviously prefer if I only had to drop the 5k on one type; I don't plan on repairing an awful lot of Cessnas or anything. Would I need a "walker repair kit" to repair an aztechnology crawler? That's my argument, at least.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 30 2014, 02:57 PM) *
The Rotodrone has no autosofts, it was being run off of Gutter's RCC.

Well, you already had (R3) AK97 Targeting Autosoft from Rhex, so you could move that to your RCC and share it. Then you'd just have to get Manuevering Autosoft or something. Just remember that programs are very expensive in the UCAS sector. Maybe we should get a price check from some of the other sectors before we start shopping for autosoft.

ETA: WRT the mechanic stuff, I'm just going with what the book says. There are four Mechanical skills: Aeronautic, Automotive, Industrial, & Nautical. The kit/shop/facility is tied to each of those skills. Walkers are covered under the Automotive Mechanic skill (it's a Specialization in fact). For now, I would think you would get the Automotive Shop since you have ground vehicles and drones. We may be able to find someone who could repair the Roto-Drone for a price for now if you don't want to drop the 5K for an Aeronautics Shop.

P.S. Aztechnology Crawlers are pretty awesome for autonomous operation. Pilot rating of 4 is a nice bump and you can fit a standard weapon mount on it.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 03:53 PM) *

I did! Now just 3 more posts to go through, and then off to reading IC nyahnyah.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 04:01 PM) *
Well, you already had (R3) AK97 Targeting Autosoft from Rhex, so you could move that to your RCC and share it. Then you'd just have to get Manuevering Autosoft or something. Just remember that programs are very expensive in the UCAS sector. Maybe we should get a price check from some of the other sectors before we start shopping for autosoft.

ETA: WRT the mechanic stuff, I'm just going with what the book says. There are four Mechanical skills: Aeronautic, Automotive, Industrial, & Nautical. The kit/shop/facility is tied to each of those skills. Walkers are covered under the Automotive Mechanic skill (it's a Specialization in fact). For now, I would think you would get the Automotive Shop since you have ground vehicles and drones. We may be able to find someone who could repair the Roto-Drone for a price for now if you don't want to drop the 5K for an Aeronautics Shop.

P.S. Aztechnology Crawlers are pretty awesome for autonomous operation. Pilot rating of 4 is a nice bump and you can fit a standard weapon mount on it.

Ahh, gotcha. That makes a lot more sense. Also, I'd be interested in a crawler if I had any skill for it. Can Rhex even climb a set of stairs?

ETA: I could also think about adding a weapon mount to the cab or BMW, and throw the extra AK into there. I've got some scheming to do!
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 02:53 PM) *
Ahh, gotcha. That makes a lot more sense. Also, I'd be interested in a crawler if I had any skill for it. Can Rhex even climb a set of stairs?

The Doberman is described as a tracked drone, so I think it can handle normal stairs.

I like to think Grease's 100 Large! thought was accompanied by the image of a mound of novacoke.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 04:56 PM) *
The Doberman is described as a tracked drone, so I think it can handle normal stairs.

I like to think Grease's 100 Large! thought was accompanied by the image of a mound of novacoke.

That, along with this image
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 30 2014, 05:05 PM) *

Oh I thought you'd be linking to Scarface haha. That's what I had in mind smile.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 30 2014, 03:05 PM) *

I just laughed at my desk. That's perfect.
Jack VII
Quick note: I updated the resource tracker with everyone's cut in case you want to start window-shopping.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 05:26 PM) *
Quick note: I updated the resource tracker with everyone's cut in case you want to start window-shopping.

I wish they'd come out with a rigger book already! I'm stuck looking at new armor and old drones cyber.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 30 2014, 04:56 PM) *
I wish they'd come out with a rigger book already! I'm stuck looking at new armor and old drones cyber.gif

That's traditionally indicative of a new edition, LOL. Bullets and Bandages and Stolen Souls have some drones, but I'm not sure if they're available for the game. The stats in Stolen Souls seem off (at least their sizes do for sure).

ETA @Lobo: I forgot to mention it, but I am assuming we turned over all of the potential evidence back to Ramirez right? That would include the Los Mags revolvers, the Crimson Fire pills, and the weapons we recovered from Truck and Stinger. I meant to put that in my IC post but forgot.
Chrome Head
We can't keep any of that for our use (and I don't mean the pills)?

We're not the police, we don't care about "evidence" or whatever, as long as we get paid.
Jack VII
Well, the revolvers and drugs were from the evidence locker and Ramirez wanted that back. He'd probably get in trouble if anyone notices it's missing. I think having a high-level contact in Lone Star is worth more than a few revolvers.

Truck's SMG is quite possibly the murder weapon for two of the murders we investigated, so I imagine it would be better for the cops to have it so they can close those cases out and we probably wouldn't want it in our possession in any event. The SMG is 425 nuyen.gif brand new.

I don't think Stinger's pistol was used in any of the murders we were investigating, but it's not really all that great. Considering there's a good chance that it may have been used in some murder somewhere, it's probably not a good idea for any of us to use it or try to sell it. Plus, since the owner is still alive, he could track us down if it was ever turned wireless on. The pistol is 250 nuyen.gif brand new, I just don't think it's worth it.

ETA: Does Amy want trodes? I'm getting a datajack installed so I won't need the ones in my helmet anymore. I imagine she could get them installed in a baseball cap or helmet.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 30 2014, 08:11 PM) *
Well, the revolvers and drugs were from the evidence locker and Ramirez wanted that back. He'd probably get in trouble if anyone notices it's missing. I think having a high-level contact in Lone Star is worth more than a few revolvers.

Truck's SMG is quite possibly the murder weapon for two of the murders we investigated, so I imagine it would be better for the cops to have it so they can close those cases out and we probably wouldn't want it in our possession in any event. The SMG is 425 nuyen.gif brand new.

I don't think Stinger's pistol was used in any of the murders we were investigating, but it's not really all that great. Considering there's a good chance that it may have been used in some murder somewhere, it's probably not a good idea for any of us to use it or try to sell it. Plus, since the owner is still alive, he could track us down if it was ever turned wireless on. The pistol is 250 nuyen.gif brand new, I just don't think it's worth it.

ETA: Does Amy want trodes? I'm getting a datajack installed so I won't need the ones in my helmet anymore. I imagine she could get them installed in a baseball cap or helmet.

Oh thanks for the rundown! And you're right.

Yes trodes are on Amy's buy list (which I haven't shared yet, but started writing up).
DrZaius
I need to decide if I'm going to convert the Ak back to it's previous state, or just leave it as is. I suppose I could settle up with Overkill somehow, have him "pay" me for it? That, or trade it for something useful.

Right now, my shopping list looks like:
  • Vehicle shop
  • Repairing Rhex
  • New weapon for Rhex / converting current Ak. I could put something else on there; maybe a suppressed sport rifle or something. Or if I wanted to get really fancy, I could take the Ak off the rotodrone, and put the sport rifle on the rotodrone. How quiet can those things get? It'd seem to me they'd be pretty loud. A car idling can be pretty quiet, but a helicopter keeping altitude would be pretty noisy (or so I'd think).
  • Fancy clothes. Run & Gun has a lot of nice stuff, and there's a ton of stuff you can integrate into clothes now. Autopickers, White Noise Generators, Bug Scanners, Tag Erasers. A bunch raise your social limit as well (although that's really not an issue, I don't think I've rolled anywhere close to my limit so far).
  • Probably a novacoke bender. @lobo; I know you said you'd ask me for willpower tests when it felt thematically appropriate; I think Grease is probably going to need one when he sees he's got 25 large in his bank account.
  • Maybe another doberman. I think we showed how weak they are, I imagine I may be buying 1-2 of these things a run and just considering them getting blown up as a cost of doing business. I could also spring for one of the more robust, expensive drones but frankly they don't seem that much better given the circumstances; twice as expensive for a Dalmatian for 1 more body, 1 more armor is a tough sell; and it doesn't even have the weapon mount already included.

Anything else you guys can think of? I know I originally had purchased more programs for my RCC that I cut out on to save cash.
A few other items may come in handy; grenades, specialty ammo, combat drugs (trauma patches and whatnot), linguasofts, burner commlinks

ETA: I guess linguasofts require skilljacks. Rosetta Stone for me!
DrZaius
I've got one more thing I want to write up before we transition out of the hotel. I will post ic first thing tomorrow.

DrZ
Jack VII
-Yes, please repair Rhex
- I think Lobo mentioned he would allow removing the Gas Vent system if you can find someone with an Armorer Shop. Considering Chapel's specialty, I would bet he knows someone... I'd keep the AKs and just stick them on the drones. Then you could share the Autosoft with your RCC. Otherwise, you have to buy another Autosoft to use the sport rifle, which is going to be kind of expensive.
- There isn't really an indication of how loud any of the drones are as far as I'm aware. I would think a Roto-Drone would at least be as loud as a RC Plane (so it probably seriously depends on the distance).
- Just don't buy an Executive Suite! Or do, so Jack can cuss up a storm when he sees that, once again, we're wearing the same suit when the next run kicks off.
- Have fun with your drugs!
- Another Doberman wouldn't be bad, particularly since it already comes with the weapon mount. The main thing is to keep them under cover/hidden as much as possible. The Dalmatian is a VTOL flying drone in any event, I think the Doberman would be a lot more subtle, or even an Aztechnology Crawler, as long as you let it do its thing. I'd also maybe pick up a Kanmushi.

As far as the specialty stuff, I'd probably wait until the run calls for them. I might try to pick up a handful of grenades as the "team heavy" to cover that base. We'll see.
Jack VII
Here's my current shopping list. Now that I understand the area better, I have the Warrens qualifying for the Dangerous Area lifestyle modification. I know Amy has it modifying her lifestyle, is it okay if I add that modifier to mine as well, Lobo? If not, it isn't a big deal, it's like 400 nuyen.gif

Shopping List (Total: 13,563)
1 Month Low-Lifestyle [Dangerous Area] w/Regular Inconvenience Dependent & Local Grid Access: 2,500
Automotive Repair Kit & Nic's Gift: 750
2x Tickets for NAGO: 200
Datajack [Alpha]: 1,440 (A4)
Zoe Executive Suite w/Concealable Holster: 2,487 (A12)
Forearm Guards: 345 (A6)
Medkit Replenishment: 110 (A-)
Trauma Patch: 550 (A6)
Low-Light Flashlight: 250 (A4)
(Streetline Special) Internal Smartlink: 150 (A6)
(Streetline Special) Gecko Grip: 125 (A6)
(HK-227) Improved Range Finder: 2,500 (A6)
(HK-227) Sling: 19 (A-)
(Colt M23) Foregrip: 125 (A2)
(Colt M23) Bipod: 250 (A2)
(Colt M23) Sling: 19 (A-)
(Colt M23) Underbarrel Slide Mount: 625 (A4)
(Helmet) Ultrasound (2) + Trode Removal: 310 (A5)
(Armor Jacket) Drag Handle: 58 (A-)
120x AR [REG] Rounds: 300 (A2)
40x AR [S&S] Rounds: 400 (A6)
20x SMG [REG] Rounds: 50 (A2)
Chrome Head
The part of my shopping list that Amy is likely to get this time around looks like this (unadjusted for cost of living).

Low Lifestyle in Dangerouse area (Warrens), with dependents (2,200 per month, possibly more if she can find something Extra Secure)
Finding daycare/schooling for Sam, even though she's SINless like Amy (included in low lifestyle?)
Fake SIN (2,500 x rating, Avail 3 x rating)
Magic License (200 x rating, Avail 3 x rating)
Trodes (300)
More drams of reagents (20 each)
Better contacts/glasses and earbuds (around 1,000)
Keeping her current squatter lifestyle (sans dependents) as a personal safehouse (450) - she can rest there during runs without endangering Sam.

She'll also want to make a moderate donation (~300) to Chomsky's organization, and buy something Hubert needs/would appreciate (price depends on what that would be, TBD).

More specifically I'm thinking rating 4 for the SIN and license, and getting quite a large number of reagents, say around 300 if she can afford it and depending on what kind of pricing she can get. That would bring the total to well over 20k, especially with the cost of living modifier for a few of those. I'm hoping that she can trade in hermetic reagents given her good contacts for dealing in reagents, also I think she'll get a very decent price on shamanic ones.

We still need to figure out what that focus that we found is, and she might end up selling it (and sharing the profit) if she doesn't want to use it.
Lobo0705
@Chrome,

Trodes aren't that expensive - they are 70 before COLA. (making them 91 after)

Reagents are 27 each after COLA

Without a SIN, daycare would not be included for Sam - that would be an extra expense, since you can't just send her to public school.

When you sell things you only get 25% of what they are worth (modified by a Negotiation test) - so about 6.75 each - better to keep them, since unless you can get the price up to more than 50% of their value, it is better to use them at 2 for 1 rather than sell them.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 31 2014, 07:37 AM) *
When you sell things you only get 25% of what they are worth (modified by a Negotiation test) - so about 6.75 each - better to keep them, since unless you can get the price up to more than 50% of their value, it is better to use them at 2 for 1 rather than sell them.

Do you think a talismoner would be willing to do a trade in, rather than a sale? Obviously, it would have to be a talismonger with a good disposition toward you. But something like trading 4 hermetic reagents for 3 shamanic reagents? The talismonger would still come out ahead.
DrZaius
Quick question from a R&G option:

"FRESNEL FABRIC: Reduce the Noise penalty by the rating of the Fabric. The Noise reduction is directional and the wearer needs to align their body in the direction of the device they are trying to connect with. Wireless Bonus: Reduce the Noise penalty by 1 more."

So, if I align myself properly my drones could have a reduced noise penalty?
Jack VII
That's how I read it. Because of that, it may be less effective if you're jumped in since you can't re-position your body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012