Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Jack VII
Alright, so I'm eight minutes ahead in the timeline, so it's getting hard trying to respond to what y'all are sending me IC. I just responded to Overkill's text (since I knew about it). I can post that Amy's message icon just came up (even though it was sent at relatively the same time as Overkill's message) but if we're going to have an actual conversation, it needs to happen closer to 8:30 PM, which is where Jack is in the timeline.

ETA: In light of Grease's awesome post, I am definitely going to wait to respond until y'all get a bit closer for our timelines synching, what with DrZ besmirching my honor and what not (LOL).
Lobo0705
The fix to the timeline is easy.

If we assume that Jacoby has patched up the Greeley, Amy, and Grease (which, in retrospect is probably why Chrome only had -2 in modifiers), then at least 10 minutes have gone by in game.

Grease, can you amend your post to 8:32, and voila, Jack, you are caught up smile.gif
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 10 2014, 12:24 PM) *
You actually were -3 dice for wounds (you haven't rested yet, so you are still at -1 for the stun damage) - but it didn't matter, since the one hit you did roll was far enough to the left so as not to come off.

Should we assume your character (understandably upset with Grease) goes into the other room where Chomsky, Greeley, and Jacoby are do heal them while waiting for Jack to respond?

The doctor healed Amy 3 boxes of physical right? So Amy would be 3 stun and 5 physical? Did I miss something?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 10 2014, 01:36 PM) *
The fix to the timeline is easy.

If we assume that Jacoby has patched up the Greeley, Amy, and Grease (which, in retrospect is probably why Chrome only had -2 in modifiers), then at least 10 minutes have gone by in game.

Grease, can you amend your post to 8:32, and voila, Jack, you are caught up smile.gif

Updated.

To be clear, Grease currently has 4 boxes of damage, right?
-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 10 2014, 11:36 AM) *

Yeah, I think if we assume a time jump of about 10 minutes between Post #830 and post #839, everything should synch up well. I'll go ahead and respond to Amy's voice message with a call. Which should conveniently pop in right in the middle of their discussion. This should be fun since Jack will pretty much insist on a face-to-face meeting, which makes sense from a security perspective, but also would be a great way to betray the team. biggrin.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 10 2014, 01:41 PM) *
Updated.

To be clear, Grease currently has 4 boxes of damage, right?
-DrZ

That is correct. The doctor healed 2 boxes worth.
Chrome Head
@Lobo

Amy has 3 boxes of stun, and 5 boxes of physical, for a wound modif of -2, no?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 10 2014, 01:48 PM) *
@Lobo

Amy has 3 boxes of stun, and 5 boxes of physical, for a wound modif of -2, no?

Yes, the problem was I had not factored in the healing since the time had not jumped forward. My bad smile.gif
DrZaius
Gotta run. Will try to post again tonight. OOC, Grease has a meeting with his contact at ~9:00 PM, so he will want to go to that soon.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 10 2014, 02:12 PM) *
Gotta run. Will try to post again tonight. OOC, Grease has a meeting with his contact at ~9:00 PM, so he will want to go to that soon.

-DrZ

To avoid retconning - if Jack and Amy continue to have this conversation and plan on meeting up somewhere, Grease has now planned a meet at the Rusty Bar-rel at around 9:15. It is about 7 minutes from Motel 6 to here, and another 20 minutes or so to get to the Rusty Bar-rel, so you don't have a ton of time, if Grease is going to get to the meet on time (with whomever is going). Assume that Grease put that fact in his IC post.
Always Overkill
Hmmmm... Drave already said he was sending Jack the coordinates before Grease asked his question, so I am going run with the idea that he already sent it, and include it in my IC.
Jack VII
That's fine. Assuming that Grease told everyone IC that he had to meet at 9PM and since Amy told Jack he wasn't welcome at the meeting and they would see him at Nic's, Jack isn't going to bother trying to get to the Doc's. He's making his way home on foot for now, but will probably grab a cab when he gets further away from the Motel 6. He might walk the whole way, but it depends on how dangerous he would think it would be to attempt that as well as how long. Looking at the map, I would think it would take an hour and change to two hours.

ETA: @Chrome, if you wanted to continue chatting, I can modify my post pretty easily.

EATA: Just an FYI, but I have an event to attend this evening, so after 5PM CDT, don't expect any posts from me until tomorrow morning (I may get on late this evening, but I'll probably be checking up on threads rather than posting).
Chrome Head
I think it's fine. And we'll probably want to wait for Grease to move forward at this point.

It occurs to me that we have a fresh corpse of a very healthy young man on our hands right now. This is probably worth something to the right person, perhaps the doc himself. He might have had implants too (not sure if they're fried though, given the appearance of his cybereyes). I'm not sure this would occur to Amy in the current context, but maybe someone else, especially Jacoby if that's his kind of thing.

Regardless, we have to figure out what to do with the body.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 10 2014, 03:35 PM) *
I think it's fine. And we'll probably want to wait for Grease to move forward at this point.

It occurs to me that we have a fresh corpse of a very healthy young man on our hands right now. This is probably worth something to the right person, perhaps the doc himself. He might have had implants too (not sure if they're fried though, given the appearance of his cybereyes). I'm not sure this would occur to Amy in the current context, but maybe someone else, especially Jacoby if that's his kind of thing.

Regardless, we have to figure out what to do with the body.

I am going to suggest we search him thoroughly for ID, and ask the Doc to put him on ice until we get back. The doc IS an organ legger (you all don't know that obviously), so once we get rid of Chomsky and Greeley grease is going to suggest that the Doc could "take him off our hands for us" if it turns out he's not lone star. If he is, we may need to figure out something else. I hope to find out more when we meet with Murphy.

I am tied up in meetings all day tomorrow, I may be able to post ooc. I could post my questions and answers here potentially, and lobo could put up both sides of the convo. Sorry I'm unavailable just as we're getting answers! Somewhat suspicious, that ... wink.gif
DrZaius
Questions I would have for Murphy:

Was anyone supposed to be at the rally tonight?
Why did he hire me to keep an eye on it?
Would two officers go into the Warrens unsupported to serve a warrant?
Who are the officers assigned to the two patrol cars?
What does he need the video for (he ain't getting it unless it's to put those cops in jail)?
How could a rogue cop get drone support and two cars without authorization?
Is there a judge Harvey Brown? What is the penalty for serving a false warrant?

If he gets a moment alone, Grease will take his "medicine" for his headache.

DrZ
Lobo0705
I would have posted this earlier but dump shock was down. I am on a trip this weekend with my son and will be unable to post until Monday morning.

Have a great weekend smile.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 13 2014, 09:02 AM) *
I would have posted this earlier but dump shock was down. I am on a trip this weekend with my son and will be unable to post until Monday morning.

Have a great weekend smile.gif

NP man, it was down for us all. Have fun on your trip this weekend.

Out of curiousity, was it another gaming convention?
Lobo0705
Ok - back from the trip, (@Overkill, it wasn't a gaming convention per se, but it was a bunch of us who know each other from the convention meeting up at a central location to game all weekend, so call it a mini-convention. It was in Pittsburgh, and we had people there from NJ, OH, and IL)

So, what's next for our intrepid band?

Jack is making his way home, Overkill and Grease will be heading over to the Bar-rel to meet with Murphy, what about Amy?

In addition, you've got some other stuff to work out before you leave Jacoby's, i.e.:

1) What to do with the body?
2) What to do with Chomsky and Greeley?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 14 2014, 08:45 AM) *
Ok - back from the trip, (@Overkill, it wasn't a gaming convention per se, but it was a bunch of us who know each other from the convention meeting up at a central location to game all weekend, so call it a mini-convention. It was in Pittsburgh, and we had people there from NJ, OH, and IL)

So, what's next for our intrepid band?

Jack is making his way home, Overkill and Grease will be heading over to the Bar-rel to meet with Murphy, what about Amy?

In addition, you've got some other stuff to work out before you leave Jacoby's, i.e.:

1) What to do with the body?
2) What to do with Chomsky and Greeley?

It may make sense to have Amy take Chomsky and Greeley someplace safe, possibly a place neither Grease or Overkill knows (compartmentalization improves security!) Grease would ask Jacoby to hold onto the body for a few hours while they try to get some answers; he'll be back to deal with it shortly (one way or another). Make sense?

-DrZ

ETA: I can post to that effect IC, if you'd like. Otherwise, I'm fine skipping ahead to the meeting with Murphy.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 14 2014, 09:55 AM) *
It may make sense to have Amy take Chomsky and Greeley someplace safe, possibly a place neither Grease or Overkill knows (compartmentalization improves security!) Grease would ask Jacoby to hold onto the body for a few hours while they try to get some answers; he'll be back to deal with it shortly (one way or another). Make sense?

-DrZ

ETA: I can post to that effect IC, if you'd like. Otherwise, I'm fine skipping ahead to the meeting with Murphy.

I agree there is no need to worry about the body right this minute, Jacoby can just keep it on ice; but I have to disagree on the need to compartmentalize their safehouse location (ignorance leads to ill-informed actions). Also, if something happened to Amy, we would be in some deep drek.

But at this point we need to see if Chomsky and Greeley will even agree to stay under our protection until we get to the bottom of this.

I also will be checking the link from Ramirez to see if there is a response.

@Lobo: Does my character know of any good safehouses to take them to?
Lobo0705
@Overkill,

Overkill would know that Chomsky is more plugged into the local community than you are, you are fairly confident that he will have several places that can be used to lay low in.

When you check the commlink Ramirez gave you, you find the following reply:

<<@Churchfriends [Blocked] There was a warrant put out for their arrest, signed by Harvey Browne. It is not a normal arrest warrant, i.e. for the city of Denver. This was a corporate warrant, in other words, whoever these two are, they aren't going to jail, they are to be brought straight to corporate. There is one officer assigned to serve the warrant, a rookie named Robert Finamore. The guy just joined the Star last month, straight out of school. I've attached a photo from his dossier.>>

The picture attached looks exactly like the body at Jacoby's.

@Grease,

Go ahead and post IC - clearly there are still some things to work out.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 14 2014, 09:43 AM) *
@Overkill,

Overkill would know that Chomsky is more plugged into the local community than you are, you are fairly confident that he will have several places that can be used to lay low in.

When you check the commlink Ramirez gave you, you find the following reply:

<<@Churchfriends [Blocked] There was a warrant put out for their arrest, signed by Harvey Browne. It is not a normal arrest warrant, i.e. for the city of Denver. This was a corporate warrant, in other words, whoever these two are, they aren't going to jail, they are to be brought straight to corporate. There is one officer assigned to serve the warrant, a rookie named Robert Finamore. The guy just joined the Star last month, straight out of school. I've attached a photo from his dossier.>>

The picture attached looks exactly like the body at Jacoby's.

@Grease,

Go ahead and post IC - clearly there are still some things to work out.

Just to be clear; Corporate means Lonestar Corporate?
-DrZ
Jack VII
Nice, that seems like a setup. Sending a rookie in to arrest community organizers at their own rally? Yeah...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 14 2014, 10:45 AM) *
Just to be clear; Corporate means Lonestar Corporate?
-DrZ

Correct.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 14 2014, 09:45 AM) *
Nice, that seems like a setup. Sending a rookie in to arrest community organizers at their own rally? Yeah...

Of course, he was a real cop, and he's really dead...

You wanna make a Denver Omelette, you're going to have to break a few rookie-cops on their first month of the job! Or something.
-DrZ

ETA: I'll let Overkill have the interaction with Chomsky/Greeley IC before I butt in.
-drZ
Jack VII
Oh yeah. Definitely died as an unwitting martyr to the cause. Anyone have any media contacts? It would be nice to get in front of this story in the media. I bet Chomsky or Greeley do...
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 14 2014, 09:51 AM) *
Oh yeah. Definitely died as an unwitting martyr to the cause. Anyone have any media contacts? It would be nice to get in front of this story in the media. I bet Chomsky or Greeley do...

Unless Lonestar Corporate wanted to bring them in to protect them from assassins!

EDIT: I'm being flippant, but we are pretty far out on a limb here. If anything happens to Ramirez we're in a world of trouble. What happened to DiCaprio at the end of "the Departed"?
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 14 2014, 09:51 AM) *
EDIT: I'm being flippant, but we are pretty far out on a limb here. If anything happens to Ramirez we're in a world of trouble. What happened to DiCaprio everyone at the end of "the Departed"?

FTFY, LOL

I'm not all that well versed on corporate legal authority. I know that LS is a corp with extra-territorial status (or at least is used to have it), but I didn't know if that gave them the authority to leverage their contracts with municipal entities to bring people in for their own purposes. This meeting with LT Murphy is going to be interesting, I think.
Always Overkill
Gonna be gone for a few hours this afternoon, probably wont get on again until this evening, If Grease wants to go on, Drave will grab whatever gear he needs for the meet and help however Grease had planned. You can leash him along, as he won't be doing the talking.
Chrome Head
Amy will go with Chomsky first if he accepts, and then catch up with Grease.

Oh and btw, in character Amy has asked Grease if he wanted healing immediately or not, but never got an answer. This can be done OOC anyway.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 14 2014, 12:23 PM) *
Amy will go with Chomsky first if he accepts, and then catch up with Grease.

Oh and btw, in character Amy has asked Grease if he wanted healing immediately or not, but never got an answer. This can be done OOC anyway.

I think I'd like to be healed, despite Amy's weakened state.

I will also be gone for most of the rest of the day. I may be able to post later this evening. I will try to get an IC post up setting up us leaving for the meet with Murphy, so we can start there fresh tomorrow.

-DrZ

EDIT: I'd like Amy along, but not if she needs to go with Chomsky or Greeley. I'll wait for Lobo to post to make that determination.

-DrZ

ETA2: IC up. Ready to meet with Murphy.

ETA3: Before I forget; did my Fly-Spy manage to keep track of that fleeing police car? how long was it able to follow before it lost it?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 14 2014, 12:55 PM) *
I think I'd like to be healed, despite Amy's weakened state.

ETA3: Before I forget; did my Fly-Spy manage to keep track of that fleeing police car? how long was it able to follow before it lost it?

Ok, here is the roll for Amy's Heal Spell:

14 dice normally, with -5 dice due to wounds and Grease's Essence
9d6.hits(5)=4

Resist Drain (2DV)
13d6.hits(5)=3

So no Drain.

So with the 2 boxes Jacoby healed, plus these 4, Grease is back to full health.

WRT your Fly Spy, it followed the car for several blocks before it lost track of it, the car was heading northwest.

ETA - we can assume you had called it back and it is now waiting for you at the BMW at Jacoby's.
Lobo0705
Ok - I'm going to get the IC post ready for the meet with Murphy, Chrome, we still have time (since Grease and Overkill will be out of pocket for a little while) for you to post IC with Chomsky and Greeley if you wish, otherwise, I can write their exit and put up an IC post putting all of you at the Bar-rel with Murphy.

@Jack,

You can write up your arrival back at Nic's (which is where I presume you are going) - you can walk there - it is mostly Front territory you will be going through, they don't really have a beef with you right now, so odds are good you would make it there unscathed.
Jack VII
What time would I get back to Nic's? I may just wait until the timeline advances to that point in the story before throwing it in there (just to save on any "future texts that I might receive but weren't posted when I posted" situations).
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 14 2014, 02:09 PM) *
(just to save on any "future texts that I might receive but weren't posted when I posted" situations).

That does seem to happen a lot, doesn't it? I think it's the nature of the format. It's crazy (with the pace we've been setting) that we're still only 3-4 days into this run.

-DrZ
Chrome Head
Oh I already posted assuming we were moving on at this point. There's not much more I was going to add anyway.

I'm ready to move on. Amy can heal Grease in the car, she just needs to.. touch him. wink.gif

ETA: slightly edited my IC post
DrZaius
Grease will have the taxi meet them at the bar.

I can also make a disguise check on Amy real quick, provided I have the materials (I can't imagine they wouldn't be in my car).

-DrZ
Jack VII
You could also just shave her head. I'm sure the doc's got clippers around.
Chrome Head
I'll remind you that half of it is already shaven. She was wearing a wig this evening.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 14 2014, 02:13 PM) *
I'll remind you that half of it is already shaven. She was wearing a wig this evening.

I know, tattoo as well, I was just going to say go for the rest of it. Quickest fix if his tools aren't around.

Same thing for Overkill. wink.gif
Chrome Head
She's down. cyber.gif
Lobo0705
Ok - we'll assume that Grease does a quick job with the disguise (not having time to actually manufacture a disguise and still arrive in time for the meet)

6d6.hits (5)=2 - for Amy

and for Overkill
6d6.hits (5)=2

ETA - you guys can decide how you look smile.gif
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 14 2014, 02:24 PM) *
Ok - we'll assume that Grease does a quick job with the disguise (not having time to actually manufacture a disguise and still arrive in time for the meet)

6d6.hits (5)=2 - for Amy

and for Overkill
6d6.hits (5)=2

ETA - you guys can decide how you look smile.gif

Ok then! She's wearing a HAT! silly.gif
Chrome Head
Is Chomsky also an elf now!?!?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 14 2014, 03:44 PM) *
Ok then! She's wearing a HAT! silly.gif

Excellent smile.gif

I've put up an IC post, and I deliberately did not have Amy and Overkill mentioned in it, as I'm not sure what their plan was. If they want to walk in beside Grease, no problem, I can just plop them right in. If they were going to come in later and try and listen in from a nearby booth, or simply watch over them from a nearby booth - that's fine too.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 14 2014, 03:45 PM) *
Is Chomsky also an elf now!?!?

Whoops! No - there are just so many of you I got confused. At this rate, Jack's going to start sprouting pointy ears...

I'll fix the IC post smile.gif
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 14 2014, 02:47 PM) *
Whoops! No - there are just so many of you I got confused. At this rate, Jack's going to start sprouting pointy ears...

I'll fix the IC post smile.gif

Hehe. I'm telling you, we're turning this in ShadowElf™

ETA: You can add that Amy heals Grease if you want.
Jack VII
Wait.... I thought Chomsky WAS an elf. My bad, I think I had alluded to him being an elf at the Park. I guess when you're surrounded by elves, everything starts to look like an elf.

I think there are descriptions of orks where they are said to have pointed ears, although not as prominent as elves.

ETA: Just an FYI, I haven't had the chance to update financials, but some of y'all are getting low on the nuyen front, particularly after that visit to the doc.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 14 2014, 02:50 PM) *
Hehe. I'm telling you, we're turning this in ShadowElf™

ETA: You can add that Amy heals Grease if you want.

I just think it seems like we have a lot of elves because of the 3 PCs.

Honeypot, Greeley, Lynx, the and the most recent dead cop are all elven.

All the dead cops (plus Ramirez), Jacoby, Chomsky, Stinger, Falcon, Turbine, plus most of the people you interviewed regarding the murders were all human.

Nic, Truck and the taxi driver for Jack were Trolls

We've even had several dwarfs and orks smile.gif

I'll put the healing in as well.

Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 14 2014, 02:52 PM) *
Wait.... I thought Chomsky WAS an elf. My bad, I think I had alluded to him being an elf at the Park. I guess when you're surrounded by elves, everything starts to look like an elf.

I think there are descriptions of orks where they are said to have pointed ears, although not as prominent as elves.

ETA: Just an FYI, I haven't had the chance to update financials, but some of y'all are getting low on the nuyen front, particularly after that visit to the doc.

See! It wasn't just me who thought he was an elf wink.gif

Remember that Greeley and Chomsky are paying for Jacoby's services - so no charge there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012