Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius
Ok;

if someone wants to post the suggestion IC, we can have us go there, shack out for a few hours, and start back up in the morning.

As an OOC FYI: Grease will require approximately 14 hours (from 8:34 PM) to be back to normal. He will be high on Novacoke from 8:30 PM until 3:30 AM, and then at 1 Charisma and Willpower, along with -1 to all limits until 10:34 AM. Such is the price of beauty (or in this case, high potency narcotics).

ETA: (For personal amusement purposes), I truly hope his watch comes up when he's got a willpower of 1, is strung out after being dumpshocked, and not slept for 20 hours.

ETA2: We should also have Drave check out the officer's commlink when we get a chance. It may make sense to have him do that while we're holed up for the night. Additionally, Grease is going to want to try and fix up the rotodrone. He may drop the team off and go home to his shop to try and do that (while he's still tweaking out on the novacoke).

Jack VII
That sounds good to me.

Watch... um, I guess it would be best for Amy to not take the first shift, so she can heal up her stun damage and try to heal her physical. Jack could go first. He's still reasonably fresh and wasn't involved in a shootout (just running from a fight). If our rest is, uh, restful enough, I guess we should shoot for everyone getting a full night's worth of rest, which I guess is 8 hours(?) so we can regenerate Edge. I think that means we would need to rest for about 10 hours and 40 minutes with shifts equaling 2 hours, 40 minutes for everyone to get 8 hours. Alternately, we could just rest for 10 hours and Jack could cover the bookends so that everyone else could recover their Edge (I still have plenty).
Chrome Head
Amy needs a bit more than that. She needs to rest an hour to get rid of the headaches (stun dmg). Then she can heal herself and rest another 8 hours for really feeling rested (and recover edge). If we find that the place is safe, I would say we can just rest up to 11 or 12 hours if it's needed. It hurts to say this, but things aren't going to become easier.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 21 2014, 12:41 PM) *
He may drop the team off and go home to his shop to try and do that (while he's still tweaking out on the novacoke).

You know, I'm probably going to kick myself for saying this, but if Grease does head home to repair the rotodrone, I swear to God I hope we get attacked. LOL. That actually sounds like a good use of your remaining time though, considering Rhex was a major part of your offensive capability.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 21 2014, 01:06 PM) *
You know, I'm probably going to kick myself for saying this, but if Grease does head home to repair the rotodrone, I swear to God I hope we get attacked. LOL. That actually sounds like a good use of your remaining time though, considering Rhex was a major part of your offensive capability.

Posted to that effect.

OOC, I hope you don't get attacked; it will make running the rest of this game pretty awkward; IC the tension is getting pretty high!
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 21 2014, 12:18 PM) *
Posted to that effect.

OOC, I hope you don't get attacked; it will make running the rest of this game pretty awkward; IC the tension is getting pretty high!

We just need to arrange a time when we're both together and both get shot at, LOL.
Lobo0705
Ok, so, some dice rolling to get it out of the way smile.gif

Amy: Resting to heal stun damage:

Body+Willpower +2 for Quick Healer:
11d6.hits(5)=6

So after 1 hour, Amy heals all 3 boxes of Stun.

Amy casting her spell to Heal herself

Magic+Spellcasting, +2 for Health Spells, -1 for wound
13d6.hits(5)=3

Healing 3 boxes and leaving her with 2 left.

To heal that damage, Amy will need to rest for an entire day.

Lobo0705
Ok, Grease Fixing the Rotodrone.

The only rotodrone to survive was the one that hit the water. This was one of the ones that had been bricked by Overkill, and so it has 9 boxes of Matrix Damage, and then 3 boxes of Structural Damage (from the impact), plus another 5 boxes of electrical damage (since the drone isn't waterproof), as all of the circuitry shorts out. (non-Structural damage).

To fix the Non-Structural damage, it requires him to make a Repair test (rolling 6 dice) needing 12 successes, and each time he rolls the dice, it takes up 30 minutes - at the end of which, he'll have used up 250 nuyen.gif worth of parts. (we can just deduct the money from his bank account)

He can't fix the Structural damage without a took shop, which he doesn't have.

Next, he needs to fix the Matrix Damage, which requires a Hardware toolkit (which you don't have - it is different from a vehicle repair kit) - and then you can start fixing it, using Hardware+Logic - since you don't have Hardware, I wouldn't recommend that - I'd have Overkill do that.

Next, you have to change ownership of the drone, which requires that Hardware toolkit again, and an Extended Hardware + Logic [Mental] (24, 1 hour) test - so even with Overkill doing that for you, it is going to take a while.

On the other hand, if you want to fix Rhex, you need a shop, at which point you can start fixing him, OR you can try and fix it with your kit, but then you are going to be a a -4 dice penalty, and I don't recommend you doing that, since with your 1 die left, you have a 1 in 6 chance of critically glitching and breaking Rhex forever.

Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 21 2014, 02:27 PM) *
Ok, so, some dice rolling to get it out of the way smile.gif

Amy: Resting to heal stun damage:

Body+Willpower +2 for Quick Healer:
11d6.hits(5)=6

So after 1 hour, Amy heals all 3 boxes of Stun.

Amy casting her spell to Heal herself

Magic+Spellcasting, +2 for Health Spells, -1 for wound
13d6.hits(5)=3

Healing 3 boxes and leaving her with 2 left.

To heal that damage, Amy will need to rest for an entire day.

+2 dice for quick healer quality?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 21 2014, 03:18 PM) *
+2 dice for quick healer quality?

What do you mean? I included it in healing the stun damage...
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 21 2014, 03:25 PM) *
What do you mean? I included it in healing the stun damage...

I think Chrome was talking about the magical healing... (not sure if Lobo is joking <- not Chrome Head, in case it came off that way)

ETA: For full clarification, my original post was supporting Chrome Head. When I said "not sure if joking" I was talking about Lobo's post, which sort of has a teasing "Oops, my bad I forgot that part of the quality" tone to it. So yes, I think Amy is supposed to get two more dice to her healing test for the Heal spell.

P.S. Quick Healer is probably too cheap for the benefit, but I'm glad Amy has it (One of my mages has it in one of my other PbP games. I even use the interpretation that it is "persona" only and I still think it is awesome for only 3 karma).
Chrome Head
I'm sorry I thought it applied here too.

QUOTE (p. 77)
A character with the Quick Healer quality receives a +2 dice pool modifier to all Healing Tests made on/for/by her, including magical healing.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 21 2014, 03:33 PM) *
I'm sorry I thought it applied here too.

Well then, I actually wasn't joking, I was confused - it clearly says that it applies to Magical Healing, but under no circumstances did I ever think that it would. That, however, is my fault for skimming the quality.

2d6.hits(5)=1

So Amy is down to 1 box of damage.

As an aside - I am still a little shocked that it applies to spells, but that's the rule smile.gif

The one thing I am a little confused by is the whole "by her" part.

I mean, either the person is naturally resilient, and heals fast (which would explain natural healing - and to a lesser extent, magical healing - ok, it doesn't really explain it, but I'm willing to go along with it) OR they are really knowledgeable about how to cast Heal spells (which would explain the +2 for casting a heal spell), OR they know a lot about medicine and first aid.

Are we really supposed to believe that the 3 karma quality does all of that?
Jack VII
I've seen two interpretations:

1) The bonus applies only to healing check rolls made that would heal damage boxes on the character who has the Quality. I prefer this interpretation.
2) The bonus applies to any healing check made by the character, even if it is to heal someone else. I do not prefer this interpretation.

Seriously, it is 3 karma points. I think the second interpretation would be a little bit OP.

Oh! There's another interpretation that says it doesn't help First Aid tests, since they are handled differently than other Healing Tests. Not sure about that one.

ETA: I take it the Heal spell was cast at F5 or F6? I didn't see a drain roll there, so I wasn't sure.
Chrome Head
Reading the quality, I always assumed that they were going for 1) in Jack's post. Meaning the character's body heals rapidly, hence anyone rolling to heal that character (whoever that may be) gets +2 dice pool because the PC's body is easy to work on/heals on its own a bit. I'm glad I made my initial comment cause you made me think I was misreading the rules yet again (I wasn't joking!!).

At the end of the day it's a pretty damn good quality for 3 karma and I'd still take it at around 6 or 7 when I think it fits and would be useful as well.

And she would have cast heal at F5 (for maximum potential effect), she can rest it off if there's drain remaining.
Lobo0705
Here is your drain roll:

13d6.hits(5)=7

So no problems there smile.gif

I'm glad you said something too - I legitimately did not think it applied - but like I said, that's totally my fault.

I think, as long as everyone agrees, that we should play it as Jack's interpretation 1, as that makes more sense.
Always Overkill
How much time would I need to see if I can get anything off that link?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 21 2014, 01:55 PM) *
Ok, Grease Fixing the Rotodrone.

The only rotodrone to survive was the one that hit the water. This was one of the ones that had been bricked by Overkill, and so it has 9 boxes of Matrix Damage, and then 3 boxes of Structural Damage (from the impact), plus another 5 boxes of electrical damage (since the drone isn't waterproof), as all of the circuitry shorts out. (non-Structural damage).

To fix the Non-Structural damage, it requires him to make a Repair test (rolling 6 dice) needing 12 successes, and each time he rolls the dice, it takes up 30 minutes - at the end of which, he'll have used up 250 nuyen.gif worth of parts. (we can just deduct the money from his bank account)

He can't fix the Structural damage without a took shop, which he doesn't have.

Next, he needs to fix the Matrix Damage, which requires a Hardware toolkit (which you don't have - it is different from a vehicle repair kit) - and then you can start fixing it, using Hardware+Logic - since you don't have Hardware, I wouldn't recommend that - I'd have Overkill do that.

Next, you have to change ownership of the drone, which requires that Hardware toolkit again, and an Extended Hardware + Logic [Mental] (24, 1 hour) test - so even with Overkill doing that for you, it is going to take a while.

On the other hand, if you want to fix Rhex, you need a shop, at which point you can start fixing him, OR you can try and fix it with your kit, but then you are going to be a a -4 dice penalty, and I don't recommend you doing that, since with your 1 die left, you have a 1 in 6 chance of critically glitching and breaking Rhex forever.

I took the "work space" extra fee for my lifestyle; does that not cover the general "tool shop" stuff I'd need to fix vehicles?
-DrZ

ETA: It sounds like the rotodrone might better be fixed "off book", i.e. when we've got some between run downtime.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 21 2014, 05:42 PM) *
How much time would I need to see if I can get anything off that link?

First you have to fix it - which requires a Hardware tool kit.

I could have sworn someone bought one of those - am I wrong about that?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 21 2014, 05:47 PM) *
I took the "work space" extra fee for my lifestyle; does that not cover the general "tool shop" stuff I'd need to fix vehicles?
-DrZ

ETA: It sounds like the rotodrone might better be fixed "off book", i.e. when we've got some between run downtime.

The "work space" fee does two things. One, it allows you to have enough room to house a shop, and two, it raises your limit on your test to use that shop by 2. It doesn't actually provide you with the shop itself.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 21 2014, 05:51 PM) *
First you have to fix it - which requires a Hardware tool kit.

I could have sworn someone bought one of those - am I wrong about that?

I thought when I looked through everyone's sheets a short while ago that no one had one and we all laughed about it.

ETA: But then did we have to do any repair work to the commlinks we pulled off the Yaks? I don't remember if we just had to charge them or not/
Chrome Head
How could both the rigger and the hacker not have hardware toolkits? nyahnyah.gif That must be a mistake..

A shop is somewhat expensive at 5k, but the kit is just 500 nuyen.gif .. can we just assume they should have started with one based on their background and take the money from their current assets?
Lobo0705
@Jack,

You didn't actually have to repair the commlinks from the Yakuza - just charge them - that's why you guys could read it.

@Chrome,

I don't have a problem with that, if either Grease or Overkill (or both) want to spend the 500 nuyen.gif and have a kit, that's fine with me.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 21 2014, 06:04 PM) *
@Jack,

You didn't actually have to repair the commlinks from the Yakuza - just charge them - that's why you guys could read it.

@Chrome,

I don't have a problem with that, if either Grease or Overkill (or both) want to spend the 500 nuyen.gif and have a kit, that's fine with me.

I think I'll get a vehicle repair kit, just because that's something I should have. Rather than trying to retcon my equipment, since it has no availability I can just pick it up from a 24/7 Wally-World, and go from there.

It looks like for any serious repairs I'm going to need a shop. We'll need to finish this run successfully or bust!

It looks like what makes the most sense is to try and repair the rotodrone, at least at first. Let me ask this; is there any cost associated with the hardware tests to repair it? I'm not sure I can afford to fix this thing up as good as new.

-DrZ

Always Overkill
Well crap, we need to figure out of a way to score some quick nuyen if we are going to be able to get the firepower we need to stand a chance against Lynx and his crew.

I was planning on getting an Assault Rifle, with APDS Rounds, and a few remote trigger grenades, though the middle ground between the Alpha/Raiden and the cheaper ARs like the AK is sadly thin and strangely deficient in Fire settings. I figured it would eat up all the nuyen he had left.

I am gonna have to mull it over for a sec, not sure if I can afford the 500 nuyen for the tool kit.

Perhaps I should ask IC if anyone knows where we could score some quick nuyen...
Chrome Head
The other option being to score some quick tool kits wink.gif

Maybe we can rob a hardware store lol
Lobo0705
@Grease,

You already have a vehicle repair kit - it was on your character sheet as of yesterday - so no need to purchase one of those smile.gif

There are no associated costs for Hardware tests to either fix the Matrix Damage or to change ownership.
Jack VII
@Overkill: I could probably help you score a slightly cheap tool kit from Nic, but you probably want to pay the full price for the regular kit.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 22 2014, 10:09 AM) *
@Grease,

You already have a vehicle repair kit - it was on your character sheet as of yesterday - so no need to purchase one of those smile.gif

There are no associated costs for Hardware tests to either fix the Matrix Damage or to change ownership.

Oh- it did seem like I'd buy one of those! Old DrZ knew what he was doing.

ETA: What type of firepower did the rotodrone have on it? Also, I can probably bankroll a hardware repair kit and let Overkill borrow it, if the intention is to have him fix my rotodrone up.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 22 2014, 10:18 AM) *
Oh- it did seem like I'd buy one of those! Old DrZ knew what he was doing.
-Nick

ETA: What type of firepower did the rotodrone have on it? Also, I can probably bankroll a hardware repair kit and let Overkill borrow it, if the intention is to have him fix my rotodrone up.

I had an AK97 with a Gas Vent 4, and it now has 230 rounds of explosive ammunition.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 22 2014, 09:18 AM) *

I believe Overkill has more money than any of us at the moment, TBH.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 22 2014, 10:34 AM) *
I believe Overkill has more money than any of us at the moment, TBH.

True, but if he's thinking about buying an assault rifle he might run out of funds pretty quickly. I'm not saying I want to buy the hardware kit, but I'm also not going to tell the rest of the group how to spend their money smile.gif

Since I would benefit the most from the purchase of a hardware kit, I don't really have an issue being the one to do it. Besides, I got paid extra to film you guys, the least I can do is foot some of the bill here.
DrZaius
Just as a general announcement, I am going to have limited availability for part of this week. I am catching a flight this afternoon (so I will be able to post on my phone, but not really IC), and then am in a meeting most of tomorrow. I should be able to post tomorrow afternoon. I am on site on Thursday/Friday, but probably will be able to post there as well. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

-DrZ
Jack VII
From what I can figure out, we have two functional assault rifles and one functional drone that can use them. Can't Overkill use one of the AKs? Granted, if we are actually going to fight this crew, I'm going to need an AR too, but I'll probably just grab a cheap Colt if need be.

Overkill definitely should have a Hardware Kit, one way or the other. Heck, I think his deck actually suffered Matrix Damage
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index....23178#msg223178
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 22 2014, 09:55 AM) *
From what I can figure out, we have two functional assault rifles and one functional drone that can use them. Can't Overkill use one of the AKs? Granted, if we are actually going to fight this crew, I'm going to need an AR too, but I'll probably just grab a cheap Colt if need be.

Overkill definitely should have a Hardware Kit, one way or the other. Heck, I think his deck actually suffered Matrix Damage
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index....23178#msg223178

Didn't Run n' Gun include auto-injectors, or am I thinking of something else?

Also, technically the Rotodrone could mount BOTH rifles; although that seems excessive.

I am also not sure what state the rifles are in; they were vehicle mounted weapons, so they were modified to use the 250 round ammo bin. It's unclear if they are modified to the point where they would take significant tinkering to return them to a ready-to-fire by a person state.

-DrZ

Lobo0705
@Jack - what is that link to?

However, you are correct, Overkill's deck does have 3 points of Matrix Damage from the failed Attack action.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 22 2014, 09:07 AM) *
@Jack - what is that link to?

However, you are correct, Overkill's deck does have 3 points of Matrix Damage from the failed Attack action.

That's weird. I was trying to link to the post that had the worst 14d6 roll in history but it only copied over a link from something I posted to yesterday.

ETA: Yeah, funny. When I click on the post number, it gives a link. I just realized you have to manually copy it to your clipboard.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 22 2014, 10:04 AM) *
Didn't Run n' Gun include auto-injectors, or am I thinking of something else?

Also, technically the Rotodrone could mount BOTH rifles; although that seems excessive.

I am also not sure what state the rifles are in; they were vehicle mounted weapons, so they were modified to use the 250 round ammo bin. It's unclear if they are modified to the point where they would take significant tinkering to return them to a ready-to-fire by a person state.

-DrZ

Excellent question. They don't actually specify how this works, so we'll say that it is a fairly minor modification that anyone with a B/R skill and a Firearms tool kit can fix to use a normal clip again.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 22 2014, 10:10 AM) *
Excellent question. They don't actually specify how this works, so we'll say that it is a fairly minor modification that anyone with a B/R skill and a Firearms tool kit can fix to use a normal clip again.

Awesome, more stuff we don't have. Scratch that plan.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 22 2014, 10:13 AM) *
Awesome, more stuff we don't have. Scratch that plan.

You know, I don't think it would be completely unrealistic for Nic to maybe have access to some type of kits - if he makes a living fixing and selling things, he would need to have access to them.

Which kits do you think he would have access to, in your opinion?

Jack VII
Hardware and (possibly) Industrial Mechanic, that's probably about it. I doubt he would have an Armorer kit (which I think would be the kit to do all the stuff we're talking about). I doubt he would run into a lot of firearms through scavenging.

ETA: With that said, there are probably enough random tools and junk in his shop that you could probably cobble together all kinds of kits for different things, using the equipment caveat attached to his contact entry.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 22 2014, 10:31 AM) *
Hardware and (possibly) Industrial Mechanic, that's probably about it. I doubt he would have an Armorer kit (which I think would be the kit to do all the stuff we're talking about). I doubt he would run into a lot of firearms through scavenging.

ETA: With that said, there are probably enough random tools and junk in his shop that you could probably cobble together all kinds of kits for different things, using the equipment caveat attached to his contact entry.

Ok, I'm going to make the executive decision that you can put together an Armorer kit and/or a Hardware kit with the Gremlins 1 negative quality from the junk that is in his garage.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 22 2014, 11:48 AM) *
Ok, I'm going to make the executive decision that you can put together an Armorer kit and/or a Hardware kit with the Gremlins 1 negative quality from the junk that is in his garage.

Should we just spend the night at Nic's? I feel like we'd get more work done, be able to watch Amy's kids, and be as safe as if we hid out someplace. If they're tracking us being isolated in an abandoned building helps them as much as it helps us.

-DrZ
Always Overkill
Well if I need the Hardwar Kit for CyberDeck repair I may as well get it; kinda essential for my job.

I could borrow one of the AKs if we can rig it up right (Accept normal magazines/I will probably buy a Smartgun for it); my contact being an arms smuggler Muller might be able to help with this, Perhaps I do a midnight run to drop it off to him, seeing as we need it ASAP.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 22 2014, 10:51 AM) *
Should we just spend the night at Nic's? I feel like we'd get more work done, be able to watch Amy's kids, and be as safe as if we hid out someplace. If they're tracking us being isolated in an abandoned building helps them as much as it helps us.

IC, I would think if they are tracking us and we stay there, it puts the kids/Nic into potential danger.

-Hmmm... so what happens to a Dependents NQ if your dependent gets killed? Might as well ask it now.

ETA: Also remember that Church Chapel specializes in firearms.

A smartlinked Colt M23 would be 1237.50 nuyen.gif if I got it through Chapel. I can afford that, but just barely. I was hoping to wait out to try to grab a Raiden after this gig was over, but that is looking less and less likely.
Lobo0705
For a second, I was like, "Who is Church?"

And then I realized you meant Chapel smile.gif

I know that Ramirez makes his commlink messages "@Churchfriends" - but that is so you know he's talking about Chapel without actually using his name.

With regards to the Dependents NQ if they are killed, I'll have to work that out with Chrome when/if that ever happens - not going to worry about that yet smile.gif

Anyone who wants to pick up a kit, as they have no availability rating they can be picked up at pretty much anytime (plus, I'm fine with Overkill just deducting the 500 nuyen.gif and just assume he bought one in char gen, as it is something that his character would really need, and would have).
Jack VII
Sorry, I mean Chapel. I'll edit it.

Nic is also my "dependent", in case you forgot.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 22 2014, 11:41 AM) *
Sorry, I mean Chapel. I'll edit it.

Nic is also my "dependent", in case you forgot.

I did, in fact, forget - as your relationship so far in game has not seemed that way (if anything it has swung more the other way, as him offering you shelter) - not that this is an issue, in that I'm sure it will swing the other way as well.

I think what makes the most sense would probably be to force you to not be able to spend any karma until you buy off the NQ - I believe you bought him as a 3 point dependent - I could be wrong - so basically your first 6 karma would be spent buying the NQ off - and in game terms this is your "penance" and your recovery, so to speak. It also prevents people (not you guys, but I'm thinking in terms if I GM other groups) from taking a dependent and then having them killed "accidentally".

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 22 2014, 10:52 AM) *
I did, in fact, forget - as your relationship so far in game has not seemed that way (if anything it has swung more the other way, as him offering you shelter) - not that this is an issue, in that I'm sure it will swing the other way as well.

I think what makes the most sense would probably be to force you to not be able to spend any karma until you buy off the NQ - I believe you bought him as a 3 point dependent - I could be wrong - so basically your first 6 karma would be spent buying the NQ off - and in game terms this is your "penance" and your recovery, so to speak. It also prevents people (not you guys, but I'm thinking in terms if I GM other groups) from taking a dependent and then having them killed "accidentally".

I bought the cheap version and pay the monthly cost. The design goal being that Nic is getting really old and can't do the stuff he used to do. Jack does most of the manual labor around the shop, which is what I was suggesting in one of the first posts in the thread.
Lobo0705
So, it seems everyone is vacillating a bit on what to do, so I'll lay out some of the things you discussed, and see what everyone likes.

Kits:

You "need" the following:

Hardware Kit
Armorer Kit

My guess is that for the Hardware kit, Overkill should really have bought one in char gen - Overkill, can we just deduct 500 nuyen.gif from your account and give you one on your character sheet?

If so, then it is not necessary for Grease to purchase one, assuming OK will use his to help fix the drones.

The armorer kit can be used to make the guns available to accept normal clips, you can scrounge together a kit in about 30 minutes from the various junk at Nic's shop - this kit will have the Gremlins 1 NQ, OR you can purchase one at a local store for 500 nuyen.gif

Next - sleeping arrangements:

1) The abandoned house
2) Nics

Fixing the drone

1) Rhex - which needs a shop
2) the Rotodrone - which is going to require both Grease and OK to work on it.

So, you can certainly have someone drive to Nic's pick up the necessary stuff for the armorer's kit, then drive to Grease's house to get the vehicle repair kit, and then to the abandoned house where everyone can sleep for 8 hours to recover edge, assuming that you might have to spend extra time there to give OK and Grease time to get the rotodrone back in working condition.

OR - if you don't care about the drone, and only want the AR's, you can still drive by Nic's pick up the stuff for the Armorer's kit, and then head to the abandoned house - and just modifying the two AR's (one from Rhex and one from the rotodrone) to accept clips again will be much faster than fixing the rotodrone.

PS - or, you could scrap the abandoned house altogether, and just stay at Nics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012