Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Lobo0705
IC post up - sorry for the delay - work was nuts today.
Jack VII
No worries man!
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 23 2014, 04:42 PM) *
No worries man!

Before trying to get in the house, I will recover my fly-spy that was on patrol and pocket it, to be released inside later.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 24 2014, 08:00 AM) *
Before trying to get in the house, I will recover my fly-spy that was on patrol and pocket it, to be released inside later.

-DrZ

No problem, I updated the transition scene to reflect that.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 24 2014, 09:28 AM) *
No problem, I updated the transition scene to reflect that.

Can I presume I have some credsticks in the appropriate denominations for my drug related activities? In my mind's eye, credsticks operate as cash does today, whereas using your SIN for making a purchase (real or fake) is like a credit card.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 24 2014, 08:42 AM) *
Can I presume I have some credsticks in the appropriate denominations for my drug related activities? In my mind's eye, credsticks operate as cash does today, whereas using your SIN for making a purchase (real or fake) is like a credit card.

-DrZ

I think the only credsticks left in 5e are certified credsticks, which is essentially cash. I purchased a few credsticks a little while ago, I believe.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 24 2014, 08:59 AM) *
I think the only credsticks left in 5e are certified credsticks, which is essentially cash. I purchased a few credsticks a little while ago, I believe.

My understanding is there are three different types of transactions (apart from barter)

1) Cash/Corporate Script - physical bills, rare these days, but not unheard of.
2) Credsticks - all are certified and untraceable (this matters in that if you lose one or are mugged, you can't get that money back)
3) Electronic transfer from your commlink - which is linked to your SIN (or at least your fake SIN)

At the very least, all four of you have a Standard Credstick from Ramirez that he gave you at the meeting in the Motel - so you can use that to pay the money.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 24 2014, 09:03 AM) *
My understanding is there are three different types of transactions (apart from barter)

1) Cash/Corporate Script - physical bills, rare these days, but not unheard of.
2) Credsticks - all are certified and untraceable (this matters in that if you lose one or are mugged, you can't get that money back)
3) Electronic transfer from your commlink - which is linked to your SIN (or at least your fake SIN)

At the very least, all four of you have a Standard Credstick from Ramirez that he gave you at the meeting in the Motel - so you can use that to pay the money.

I imagine most drug transactions would be done using #2?
-DrZ
Jack VII
Updated the resource tracker with the last bit of ammunition changes (the Krime Spree ammo, Overkill's dispatching of Truck et al, Grease's FA therapy).

ETA: Of course, now Grease is getting ready to spend some cash... I am certain #2 would be the case. I don't see a lot of drug dealers taking corporate scrip and actual cash is really rare to see.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 24 2014, 10:12 AM) *
Updated the resource tracker with the last bit of ammunition changes (the Krime Spree ammo, Overkill's dispatching of Truck et al, Grease's FA therapy).

Unfortunately I am going to have to lean on you, since I am onsite all week and therefore don't have access to my drop box on this machine (I forgot the password, alright?! Geez, don't make me feel older than I actually am).

-DrZ
Jack VII
That's fine. I'm content hoarding the Resource Tracking duties so nothing gets accidentally doubled up.

ETA: Eh, I guess you should have taken the America anyway. They probably wouldn't have given a shit about that one either. I guess we need to get some better Palming skills seeing as almost every NPC does a physical pat down (which makes logical sense, not complaining).
DrZaius
ok; I'm inside. How do you want to do this lobo? I'm cool with posting stuff OOC, and doing summaries IC, unless there's significant dialogue. Right now I'd like to look around, get a eye for any exits or cameras, and purchase my "mood chip" which I will not fully insert, so it doesn't go active.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 24 2014, 10:33 AM) *
ok; I'm inside. How do you want to do this lobo? I'm cool with posting stuff OOC, and doing summaries IC, unless there's significant dialogue. Right now I'd like to look around, get a eye for any exits or cameras, and purchase my "mood chip" which I will not fully insert, so it doesn't go active.

-DrZ

Doing it OOC works for me (unless, as you say, we need to have dialogue interaction).

I put the chip floor plan in the drop box - PM me your email address and I'll email it to you since you don't have access to the drop box where you are.

In the meantime, I'll post an IC update.

Lobo0705
As a further update:

Perception test
7d6.hits(5)=2

Apart from the camera at the door, you do not see any others yet.

Chrome Head
I'm back but not all set up. At least I have internet access. I'll try to catch up this evening.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jun 24 2014, 02:33 PM) *
I'm back but not all set up. At least I have internet access. I'll try to catch up this evening.

Hope the move went well!
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 24 2014, 01:46 PM) *
Hope the move went well!

Once I get my chip, I'll want to position myself so I can see the front door. If that's not possible, I'll camp out where I can see the stairs (from upstairs), and try and surreptitiously place my fly-spy to get a feed on the door.

DrZ
Chrome Head
Ok so I caught up with the threads. There's nothing for me to do unless shit hits the fan and Amy has to get over there with Overkill to save the day. I'll be around but probably won't have much to contribute for a little while. It's fine with me, especially since I'm not in front of a computer as much for the next two weeks.

QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 21 2014, 09:38 AM) *
@Chrome,

"The character must rest for the entire day for it to count (forced naps and unconsciousness also count)." - that is for physical healing, for stun it is the same only it says "the entire hour".

For me, if you wanted to lay in bed and watch the trid, or read to her, or something like that, that would be fine. You really shouldn't be up and about though.

Ok we'll see if we have time to let Amy do that in game. There might be more urgent matter, and it's not so bad with only one box of damage.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jun 25 2014, 08:28 AM) *
Ok so I caught up with the threads. There's nothing for me to do unless shit hits the fan and Amy has to get over there with Overkill to save the day. I'll be around but probably won't have much to contribute for a little while. It's fine with me, especially since I'm not in front of a computer as much for the next two weeks.

Ok we'll see if we have time to let Amy do that in game. There might be more urgent matter, and it's not so bad with only one box of damage.

You can probably get away with it. I fully intend to let Jack rest for eight hours when we get done with the chip house.
Lobo0705
@Chrome, understood. Best of luck in the new house smile.gif

@Grease, you are in Bedroom #1. You can't see the front door from the room, you can only really see it from the breezeway where the guard is standing. There are lots of places where the Fly Spy might go, but with at least four Zombies in the house, not sure it is a wise move to have it flying around.

Up to you.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 25 2014, 11:20 AM) *
@Chrome, understood. Best of luck in the new house smile.gif

@Grease, you are in Bedroom #1. You can't see the front door from the room, you can only really see it from the breezeway where the guard is standing. There are lots of places where the Fly Spy might go, but with at least four Zombies in the house, not sure it is a wise move to have it flying around.

Up to you.

Can I position myself so I can see the hallway from my spot, and therefore anyone who comes upstairs?

Otherwise, I'm content to wait here for a few hours.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 25 2014, 11:24 AM) *
Can I position myself so I can see the hallway from my spot, and therefore anyone who comes upstairs?

Otherwise, I'm content to wait here for a few hours.

-DrZ

That's no problem - its sort of how I pictured it. If you imagine the top of the diagram to be north, you are laying against the north wall, which puts your head in line to see the breezeway to the east.

Your plan is to just hang out here in a pretend comatose state for the next two hours, correct?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 25 2014, 10:18 AM) *
Your plan is to just hang out here in a pretend comatose state for the next two hours, correct?

LOL, when you put it that way, it really sounds like we put a lot of effort into this deal.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 25 2014, 12:31 PM) *
LOL, when you put it that way, it really sounds like we put a lot of effort into this deal.

Lol - wasn't trying to imply lack of effort there smile.gif

Couple of things before I time jump a little.

1) Overkill is going to go to sleep. He will offer a couch to Amy. Is Amy's plan to go to sleep as well right now?

2) The new Tribune is up (and I sent a copy to Dr. Zaius since he doesn't have access to the dropbox).

Jack VII
I realized that I neglected to ask Overkill for Ramirez's burner commlink. I'll wait until we hook back up to send a message to him requesting a meet.
Chrome Head
Yes, Amy will go to sleep on Overkill's couch. She puts on the link's headphones and sets it up to wake her up if anyone from her contact list tries to call her.
DrZaius
That is my plan, unless the other chipheads get up to get fresh chips. I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Dr Z
DrZaius
Appreciating it is unpleasant, I will continue to wait smile.gif

Jack VII
Well f@#$... I guess we can plan out what we're going to do IC. I need to review what gear I actually have on me.

ETA: As I feared, I have no non-lethal munitions save for a magazine of S&S ammo for the Streetline Special that Grease probably has right now.
Jack VII
I like how we're both thinking the exact same thing about the other.

The terrible plan involves slicing open the seat cushion in the rear passenger seat and slipping the remaining grenade in there, having Stinger sit in that seat, and trying to convince him that it's a fragmentation grenade and that we'll blow it if he doesn't cooperate. I figure the last part is the going to be the toughest (who would blow a grenade in a car in which they're sitting), but I imagine most people aren't going to think straight if they think they're about to get a fragemntation-enabled colonoscopy.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 26 2014, 02:28 PM) *
I like how we're both thinking the exact same thing about the other.

The terrible plan involves slicing open the seat cushion in the rear passenger seat and slipping the remaining grenade in there, having Stinger sit in that seat, and trying to convince him that it's a fragmentation grenade and that we'll blow it if he doesn't cooperate. I figure the last part is the going to be the toughest (who would blow a grenade in a car in which they're sitting), but I imagine most people aren't going to think straight if they think they're about to get a fragemntation-enabled colonoscopy.

Not to mention that a stun grenade going off inside a car is going to be a bad time, even without shrapnel.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 26 2014, 02:39 PM) *
Not to mention that a stun grenade going off inside a car is going to be a bad time, even without shrapnel.

The intention is to not detonate the grenade, but just to put the absolute fear of having one's reproductive and excretory systems turned into a light puree (and possibly surviving) in order to override any kind of rational thought.

I've considered a few other options, but it would be really difficult to get the drop on someone in something the size of an Americar. The guy would certainly see me if I was in the car when y'all walked up to it, so that's out unless I am pretending to be the cab driver.

- I'm guessing he's disarmed in the chip house, but that doesn't really matter since there is security.
- He'll probably be rearmed once he leaves, which makes taking him in a straight fight pretty dangerous.

To be honest, I'm really not sure which way to go here. I don't think we're at all prepared for picking him up but, as you said IC, I don't want to miss the chance given the situation with Truck and the inevitable Red Alert that's going to set off.
Lobo0705
@Grease,

How long are you going to wait before you get another chip?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 26 2014, 03:51 PM) *
@Grease,

How long are you going to wait before you get another chip?

As long as possible. I will time the other chipheads to see how long they go between batches.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 26 2014, 03:53 PM) *
As long as possible. I will time the other chipheads to see how long they go between batches.

Ok - at 2:00 AM, one of the chipheads who came into the room about 15 minutes after you starts to head downstairs.
Chrome Head
Just putting this out there, but there's probably enough time for Overkill and Amy to get their asses over there, either to take part, or, if they get there late, as back up in case of trouble. If I were you I'd at least send a message to the rest of the team, and I'm not saying this just to get in on the action, it's what everyone kept telling Amy the first time she went on her own.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jun 26 2014, 04:05 PM) *
Just putting this out there, but there's probably enough time for Overkill and Amy to get their asses over there, either to take part, or, if they get there late, as back up in case of trouble. If I were you I'd at least send a message to the rest of the team, and I'm not saying this just to get in on the action, it's what everyone kept telling Amy the first time she went on her own.

I had thought of that. I think Grease's plan (in my mind's eye) was to minimize the number of people in danger, while keeping a safe place to bring this guy if we needed to work him over. We may message you if things go to plan to that effect.

Or we'll be dead! And you'll be on your own.

cyber.gif

@Lobo: So around ~30 minutes per batch, huh? I will be very slow about shuffling around, and make my way downstairs to get another hit. I want to peek into Stinger's room on my way past.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 26 2014, 03:22 PM) *
I had thought of that. I think Grease's plan (in my mind's eye) was to minimize the number of people in danger, while keeping a safe place to bring this guy if we needed to work him over. We may message you if things go to plan to that effect.

Or we'll be dead! And you'll be on your own.

cyber.gif

@Lobo: So around ~30 minutes per batch, huh? I will be very slow about shuffling around, and make my way downstairs to get another hit. I want to peek into Stinger's room on my way past.

-DrZ

It is actually about an hour.

You "started" your chip around 12:45. The guy who just went downstairs came in at 1:00, and went down at 2:00
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 26 2014, 03:22 PM) *

Jack's kind of in the same boat. He sees the current situation as shaping up to be a bit of a cluster without any real plan. Adding additional actors to a non-existing plan usually doesn't turn out very well, at least in the opinion of someone who is big on planning. If a more solid plan develops, he'd probably try to make contact. The failings of a regimented mind and whatnot.

We also at least have two people out here, unlike Amy's situation where it was only one person. Since we've been doing a lot of work in teams of two, it feels a bit more routine than if Grease were out here by his lonesome.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 26 2014, 04:35 PM) *
It is actually about an hour.

You "started" your chip around 12:45. The guy who just went downstairs came in at 1:00, and went down at 2:00

Ahh, I misread what you were saying. So Stinger should be due for a new one in about 10-20 minutes, unless he bought a bunch at once?

-DrZ
Lobo0705
One other question before I update with an IC post:

Is your plan to buy another chip and come back upstairs?

You cannot peek into his room, Bedroom #2 (on the Chip House Plans) has a door that closes, and it is closed now.

You can surmise that the money paid to the guard on the breezeway bought him a private room.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 26 2014, 03:39 PM) *
Ahh, I misread what you were saying. So Stinger should be due for a new one in about 10-20 minutes, unless he bought a bunch at once?

-DrZ

Stinger, assuming he has the same chip you do, would be due for one around 2:30 - so yes, in around 25-30 minutes or so.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 26 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Stinger, assuming he has the same chip you do, would be due for one around 2:30 - so yes, in around 25-30 minutes or so.

Ok; the plan is to buy another chip and come upstairs. You can add something in the IC post about me telling Jack I couldn't get an eye on him; the door was closed.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Ok - IC post up.

Probably not going to be able to post again tonight - here are some things to think about/discuss tonight: You just bought a chip that should keep you comatose until 3:00 AM. If Stinger is on a tight schedule, and he leaves once he's done with his fix, he will be leaving 30 minutes before then.

I don't mind you talking about it OOC/IC in that you have at least 30 minutes to talk to one another, so it isn't really metagaming.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 26 2014, 05:15 PM) *
Ok - IC post up.

Probably not going to be able to post again tonight - here are some things to think about/discuss tonight: You just bought a chip that should keep you comatose until 3:00 AM. If Stinger is on a tight schedule, and he leaves once he's done with his fix, he will be leaving 30 minutes before then.

I don't mind you talking about it OOC/IC in that you have at least 30 minutes to talk to one another, so it isn't really metagaming.

What IS our plan? I was just going to stumble out after him, maybe try to plant a bug on him, and do some fast-talking to try and get him to share a cab.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 27 2014, 07:06 AM) *
What IS our plan? I was just going to stumble out after him, maybe try to plant a bug on him, and do some fast-talking to try and get him to share a cab.

-DrZ

As the only true actor in the situation, the plan is kind of your deal. Jack wanted to sleep, remember? I anticipated this as simply being a reconnaissance to assess their defenses and the layout of the facility. I didn't think we were going to get the opportunity to gank him.

With that said, there seem like a few options:

1) If you can intercept him when he leaves and if he needs a ride, you can tell him you're a cabbie. I'd get out of the car and hide at an intersection to try and ambush him. Not sure how well that would work out. Too bad we don't have any stun gas. That could work pretty well.
2) If he has his own vehicle, we can turn to the Vehicle Combat section of the book and try that out. You should be able to embarrass him with your control rig.
3) One thing to remember, he has matrix capabilities in addition to the shooty stuff.

...or we just stick a bug on him, but I'm pretty sure that's just going to tell us he's staying in Los Mags territory.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 27 2014, 09:25 AM) *
As the only true actor in the situation, the plan is kind of your deal. Jack wanted to sleep, remember? I anticipated this as simply being a reconnaissance to assess their defenses and the layout of the facility. I didn't think we were going to get the opportunity to gank him.

With that said, there seem like a few options:

1) If you can intercept him when he leaves and if he needs a ride, you can tell him you're a cabbie. I'd get out of the car and hide at an intersection to try and ambush him. Not sure how well that would work out. Too bad we don't have any stun gas. That could work pretty well.
2) If he has his own vehicle, we can turn to the Vehicle Combat section of the book and try that out. You should be able to embarrass him with your control rig.
3) One thing to remember, he has matrix capabilities in addition to the shooty stuff.

...or we just stick a bug on him, but I'm pretty sure that's just going to tell us he's staying in Los Mags territory.

Plus, if we bug him he's likely to discover it, as we're not that good at hiding that sort of stuff (at least compared to Overkill).

So Stinger is the team's hacker? We may want to wake up Overkill to get him out here to give us overwatch support. I'd be mad if we were outdriving him only to get our car bricked.

@Lobo: My current plan is to follow him outside, and make a move there. I will play it by ear depending on how he responds.
@Jack: I think we wake up the rest of the team at this point, since we know (generally) when our timeframe is. If this guy is a matrix user we'd probably need overkill, and if we're bringing him then having a Mage can't hurt at all.

I see this as one of our best chances to break this thing open; if we're able to nab this guy successfully we can get a lot of information out of him and maybe get paid.

-DrZ

Jack VII
Go for it. Although I think the hacking thing is pretty easily avoided by just shutting off the wireless in the car (granted, you would need to actually be in the car), which is what the NPCs have been doing to Overkill.
DrZaius
As an FYI, I am going to be driving most of Monday, so I won't be able to post until later that evening.

ETA: Are you waiting on me? I figured Lobo would transition to when the guy left, unless something changes.

-DrZ
Jack VII
I guess IC we need to contact the rest of the team. If you want to do it, it's cool. If I don't see anything by tomorrow, I'll throw up a post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012