Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 28 2014, 10:02 AM) *
Ok, so some OOC info:

MARKs disappear once you've disconnected from the Matrix, so the two MARKs you had on you are gone. However, what Jack has figured out (and I think that Overkill would quickly figure out IC) is that the last piece of IC was Trace. There is nothing wrong with your deck, and the now that you've disconnected from the Matrix they can't follow you, but the authorities have been alerted of your intrusion and told your last known location. Response time isn't instantaneous, but I would suggest not hanging around.

As far as the footage, it shows the officer and a woman leaving the club, walking past Paul on their way out the door. Paul seems to be busy doing his job. As the couple stands waiting for a cab, Mitchell's hand around the girl's waist, he staggers backward as three rounds from off camera hit him in quick succession in the chest, knocking him backwards into the line waiting to get in.

He almost falls into one patron, a tall, blonde haired human with cybereyes that look like two silver orbs in their sockets, who reacts with superhuman speed. He catches Mitchell with one arm, holding him off the ground, while the other arm extends out toward the direction the shots came from, a pistol rocketing from inside his sleeve to the palm of his hand, and he gets off a round.

The return fire is a single shot, snapping back Mitchell's head. The man who caught him drops him to the floor and moves off camera toward the gunfire, ducking and weaving as he goes.

The woman with Mitchell drops to the floor, screaming and crying, and the rest of the crowd scatters (including Paul, who makes a quick retreat into the club).

Verrrry interesting. Would it be possible to send Paul a message somehow? Otherwise, we'll need to have someone go over there and let him know where we're sitting. It might be fun to have Jack go muscle him over here smile.gif cyber.gif

EDIT: Jack was posting my suggestion AS I THOUGHT OF IT. Obviously, this isn't his first rodeo.
Jack VII
I just did, although I was nice about it. smile.gif

Can Grease task one of his drones to search the bar to see if the blond haired dude is here? If not, Paul may know him.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 28 2014, 10:11 AM) *
I just did, although I was nice about it. smile.gif

Can Grease task one of his drones to search the bar to see if the blond haired dude is here? If not, Paul may know him.

That's my followup hammer question if he excludes him (not that Paul isn't obviously nervous already). Good idea on the drone search; I will edit my IC post.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Grease can go ahead and post IC what he asks Paul - when you write it up, just have Paul follow Jack to the bar, acting nervous, and keep his hands on the table. Then I can respond to your question.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 28 2014, 10:02 AM) *
Ok, so some OOC info:

MARKs disappear once you've disconnected from the Matrix, so the two MARKs you had on you are gone. However, what Jack has figured out (and I think that Overkill would quickly figure out IC) is that the last piece of IC was Trace. There is nothing wrong with your deck, and the now that you've disconnected from the Matrix they can't follow you, but the authorities have been alerted of your intrusion and told your last known location. Response time isn't instantaneous, but I would suggest not hanging around.

When I said I was checking my Deck I meant just checking to see what the IC didn't think the deck was physically damaged.

Do I know how accurate their trace was? In any case I have given them the files they need so I have no reason to stick around QXT. They can talk to Paul without me.

With the alert that has gone out would it still be safe for me to take the shuttle out of the Hub? (there aren't wanted posters up for me I hope..
Lobo0705
No wanted posters smile.gif

The trace would have given the local authorities (Lone Star in this case) an exact location of where you were - and, btw, as long as you stayed in the Matrix, it would continue to track you.

Since you disconnected, they only know you are at QXTs - they don't know what you look like - although theoretically they can pull video footage.

You were inside a club's Host for a few seconds and didn't touch their financials. I'm not sure how far either a) QXT is going to press to find you or b) how much the cybercrime division of Lone Star is going to pursue it.

They will dispatch officers to the club, so getting caught with a deck in the club is not a good idea. However, once you get out of the club, they can try and piece together various video footage, but you simply probably aren't worth the effort.

If you were robbing a bank, or destroying R&D materials at Saeder-Krupp and you had a trace put on you, it would be a different matter altogether.
Chrome Head
Amy's actions

casting Increase Body Force 3, Spellcasting 6 + Magic 6 + mentor spirit 2 = 14 dice
14d6.hits(5)=4
Limit brings the number of successes down to 3, giving her a Body attribute of 6. She sustains the spell without penalty due to focused concentration.

Resist Drain: minimum of 2 and it is physical damage because the number of hits is higher than the spell's force. 13 dice to soak
13d6.hits(5)=3
She would take no damage, but here's the catch: amazingly, this roll was a glitch! 7 1's out of 13 dice (I have never seen this happen on such a large dice pool before smile.gif).

She would normally have gone on with a summoning roll and I would have posted IC, but I'm not sure what that glitch means, so I'll wait until that is resolved before going forward. I find it hard to understand how to apply a glitch on a drain resistance. It's mentioned that glitches don't cancel out successes but make life harder for the shadowrunner... let's see how the GM interprets that in this instance smile.gif
Jack VII
Drain only goes physical if the number of hits exceeds the caster's Magic attribute. On top of that, the way I understand it is that the spell's force derived limit is applied before determining if the total number of hits exceeds the Magic attribute. That way, as long as you limit the force of the spell to the caster's magic rating or lower, you don't have to worry about physical drain.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 28 2014, 12:42 PM) *
Drain only goes physical if the number of hits exceeds the caster's Magic attribute. On top of that, the way I understand it is that the spell's force derived limit is applied before determining if the total number of hits exceeds the Magic attribute. That way, as long as you limit the force of the spell to the caster's magic rating or lower, you don't have to worry about physical drain.

Thanks for the correction. I still wonder what that glitch will turn out to be.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 28 2014, 10:55 AM) *
No wanted posters smile.gif

The trace would have given the local authorities (Lone Star in this case) an exact location of where you were - and, btw, as long as you stayed in the Matrix, it would continue to track you.

Since you disconnected, they only know you are at QXTs - they don't know what you look like - although theoretically they can pull video footage.

You were inside a club's Host for a few seconds and didn't touch their financials. I'm not sure how far either a) QXT is going to press to find you or b) how much the cybercrime division of Lone Star is going to pursue it.

They will dispatch officers to the club, so getting caught with a deck in the club is not a good idea. However, once you get out of the club, they can try and piece together various video footage, but you simply probably aren't worth the effort.

If you were robbing a bank, or destroying R&D materials at Saeder-Krupp and you had a trace put on you, it would be a different matter altogether.

So given the casual response of Denver's Finest, we can probably finish the chat (and my drink) before discreetly exiting the scene without too much worry. Now just comes the question on if it is worth it to go back in and cleanup (Erase) the footage of our being at the club.

Note: Chromehead caught an error in a previous IC post where I committed a little metagaming; when she mentioned trying to get more info on the pills; I used my OoC knowledge and warned her of the danger of going into Los Mag territory, when she had not mentioned that that was where she was going. I will amend his message to correct the error, his character is disregarding the specific warning.
Lobo0705
So, Jack beat me to the punch of explaining that your drain is Stun, not Physical.

I am inclined to, as a general rule, say that if you glitch a Stun damage resistance roll - it becomes physical damage.

If you glitch a physical damage roll, it would actually add a couple extra boxes of damage.

In this case, it would change the 2 boxes of Stun Drain to 2 boxes of Physical Drain. However, since you rolled enough hits to reduce it to zero damage, it really doesn't hurt you.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 28 2014, 10:49 AM) *
So given the casual response of Denver's Finest, we can probably finish the chat (and my drink) before discreetly exiting the scene without too much worry. Now just comes the question on if it is worth it to go back in and cleanup (Erase) the footage of our being at the club.

The good thing is that, since it is a Host, you could go to a no-spam area and hack it without the noise penalties.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 28 2014, 11:49 AM) *

Note: Chromehead caught an error in a previous IC post where I committed a little metagaming; when she mentioned trying to get more info on the pills; I used my OoC knowledge and warned her of the danger of going into Los Mag territory, when she had not mentioned that that was where she was going. I will amend his message to correct the error, his character is disregarding the specific warning.

Ok - good catch on her part smile.gif

As far as finishing up, it depends on how long you plan on staying. I would say response time would be probably around 5 minutes.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 28 2014, 12:53 PM) *
In this case, it would change the 2 boxes of Stun Drain to 2 boxes of Physical Drain. However, since you rolled enough hits to reduce it to zero damage, it really doesn't hurt you.
Ok that makes sense.

Amy will go on with her actions to prepare for her adventure in Los Mag turf.

Summoning a Force 5 Air Spirit with optional power Elemental Attack.
Amy's summoning: 12 dice
12d6.hits(5)=5
Spirit's opposed test: 5 dice
5d6.hits(5)=3
Resist Drain of 6S
13d6.hits(5)=4

Ouch, she takes 2S drain damage. But it's well worth the 2 services owned from a mighty ally.

IC post upcoming. Let me know if I take too many liberties with describing interactions with spirits.
Always Overkill
About 5 minutes, then I am going slam my drink, go get my guns and exit QXT sooner rather than later.

If I can I will wait until they wrap up with Paul, do I think getting my guns will take very long (is their a line at the coat check?)

If it looks like the line to get my guns and get out will take a while; when Drave realizes Candle told the truth, matching the footage, he will stand up as if satisfied.

If it looks like he could just grab them and walk out he will wait until the conversation with Paul is over.
Always Overkill
@Jack

I hope you didn't mind me taking the creative liberty in having Jack drink the synth-vesa you ordered me. Seemed like an amusing note that Jack would realize Drave wasn't drinking it and didn't want to see it go to waste.

Also, we should ask Paul more details on this Argent from the video who returned fire.
Lobo0705
@Overkill There is a small line - probably 1 to 2 minutes to get your stuff.

Up to you if you want to wait or head out now.

@Chrome

No worries - I'll leave it up to you to be creative with the spirit smile.gif

@ Grease

Your drone makes a sweep of the club, but does not see Argent.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 28 2014, 11:34 AM) *
@Jack

I hope you didn't mind me taking the creative liberty in having Jack drink the synth-vesa you ordered me. Seemed like an amusing note that Jack would realize Drave wasn't drinking it and didn't want to see it go to waste.

Also, we should ask Paul more details on this Argent from the video who returned fire.

That's fine. The whole point of the beer was to make it look like you weren't necessarily in VR to the casual observer.

I'm sure Grease will ask about Argent.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 28 2014, 12:43 PM) *
That's fine. The whole point of the beer was to make it look like you weren't necessarily in VR to the casual observer.

I'm sure Grease will ask about Argent.

Indeed! I'm not sure if there are any dice I need to roll related to my post; if so let me know. One pool you may be interested in is my "judge intentions" pool, which I presume you would roll blind (since it'd be pretty metagame for me to know Grease can't tell he's lying).

Judge intentions is 10 dice at the moment.

Alternatively, Con is opposed by Con; my pool at the moment is 13.
Lobo0705
@Grease,

I rolled the dice for you - he seems to be telling the truth.

@Chrome,

I updated the expense report - I'll write up the trip to LM territory - which service are you using?

@Overkill,

It has now been about a minute and a half to 2 minutes since you jacked out.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 28 2014, 02:45 PM) *
@Chrome,

I updated the expense report - I'll write up the trip to LM territory - which service are you using?

Great. She'll use the Mile High service, and inform them of her destination from the get go. And she's looking for safe, not luxury, paying from certified cred or cash.
Jack VII
I found a pretty good image for Jack. Not sure why the image tags aren't working, but here's a copy of the hyperlink if anyone wants to check it out. His hair is a bit more wild (think Benecio del Toro) and he has glasses on, but it's pretty close.

http://fondationdraco.free.fr/images/bonus/SRO_27.jpg

I went ahead and added it to my Character Sheet
Always Overkill
I think I might deploy my own Fleigegeheimagent (FlySpy) and send it outside ahead of me, just to watch out for Lone Star's arrival and give me a heads up if they are getting to close to me.

Nice pic btw, I should look around to find some Matrix reject who matches Drave's appearance.
DrZaius
Jack- you got anything else to ask Paul? (I will ask IC as well). Otherwise I'm going to cut him loose.

-DrZ
Jack VII
Since my character is remaining silent and has no access to DNI his commlink, I'm not going to add anything. I think Lisa will probably be the best source in any event if Argent spends all his time at the bar.

ETA: Also, I've been trying to put all of the clues together on the map and I seem to be missing something. Do we have anything definitive about the Los Mags being associated with Crimson Fire? The pills and Predator were confiscated form the Twoman bust, the LM tagged pistols were a different bust.

I just wanted to make sure that we were operating on assumption rather than a definitive connection.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 28 2014, 04:05 PM) *
Since my character is remaining silent and has no access to DNI his commlink, I'm not going to add anything. I think Lisa will probably be the best source in any event if Argent spends all his time at the bar.

ETA: Also, I've been trying to put all of the clues together on the map and I seem to be missing something. Do we have anything definitive about the Los Mags being associated with Crimson Fire? The pills and Predator were confiscated form the Twoman bust, the LM tagged pistols were a different bust.

I just wanted to make sure that we were operating on assumption rather than a definitive connection.

Nothing definitive afaik.
Jack VII
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 28 2014, 03:05 PM) *

The only connection you've picked up with the Los Mags is that the pistols with their logo were picked up in a bust. You have nothing linking them to Crimson Fire directly.
Lobo0705
@ Jack, Grease, and Overkill

Do you need any more info from me? I'm figuring there is enough time for you to have a brief word with Lisa before the cops can get there, I'll leave it to you to post the IC. Overkill, you are free and clear, you can hang about or head to Union Station - or whatever - your call.
Jack VII
Not particularly. If we can get a word with Lisa and a way to contact Argent, I figure that's a pretty good lead. The only other possible thing I would want to do would be to check out the alley for any evidence that Lone Star may not have bothered to find, but if the Star is going to be wandering around, that would probably not be a great idea.
Jack VII
I'm not sure if any of you have seen Leverage, but it's basically a show about a Shadowrunner team in modern, no-magic times. Anyway, all of the members of the team are incredibly proficient, although they constantly make-fun and belittle each other in a good-natured way. One of the episodes is a flashback episode where the team figures out that they all tried to hit the same target on the same night without knowing each other. The story is told from each of their points of view and in each telling the non-POV team members come out looking ridiculous.

I preface that because here was the post I was making before Dr. Z posted Grease's IC post. Enjoy! wink.gif

UCAS Hub, Inside Club QXT, 10:36 PM, July 29th, 2075

Jack shouldered a few less observant people out of the way to make room for Grease to grab a seat at the bar. As the elf leaned against the bar, Jack turned around with his back to Grease to keep an eye on the Star. Grease checked himself out in the mirror in front of him and discreetly sucked on the his right pinky and index fingers and groomed his eyebrows with a swiping motion starting from the center of his forehead and sweeping out. Sending a command to his Fly-Spy, Grease sent the drone buzzing around Lisa's head and back to him. The bartender swatted at the drone and then followed it back to its master with a semi-annoyed frown on her face.

"Hey doll!" Grease called out. "Paulie said you might have information on a mutual acquaintance of ours..."
Lobo0705
Lol.

So, I imagine Jack is Eliot
Overkill is Hardison
Amy is Parker
and Grease is a very ugly Sophie?
Jack VII
That would seem about right, LOL. Chapel is our Nate.
Chrome Head
Hey I'd like for Amy to be dropped just outside of Los Mags turf, somewhere relatively safe too. If possible, some place not too far from where there's a good likelihood to find pushers on the street.

I'll roll in case you think it's relevant.
Area Knowledge: Aurora Warrens 3 + Intuition 5
8d6.hits(5)=2
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 28 2014, 05:46 PM) *
Lol.

So, I imagine Jack is Eliot
Overkill is Hardison
Amy is Parker
and Grease is a very ugly Sophie?

What are you saying- I'm hot! Besides, I'm an elf; they pretty much all look the same.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 28 2014, 05:56 PM) *
Hey I'd like for Amy to be dropped just outside of Los Mags turf, somewhere relatively safe too. If possible, some place not too far from where there's a good likelihood to find pushers on the street.

I'll roll in case you think it's relevant.
Area Knowledge: Aurora Warrens 3 + Intuition 5
8d6.hits(5)=2

You'd want to be dropped off somewhere along North Sable Blvd, between E 4th and E 6th. It is a main street that some of the people from Montbello can come down and score drugs, while still having some relative safety - relative being the operative word.
Always Overkill
Sorry I went silent last night, I have not been feeling very well and I crashed really early (7!).

But Drave's only plan last night was heading to the shuttle and waiting patiently at Union Station for Jack and Grease.

I am planning on going back in to erase the security footage of the crew, the Lone Star patrolmen who came to QXT in response to the trace will likely not be checking the security footage on the initial stop, tech support would be called out later if their is a follow-up investigation. So I am waiting for a convenient moment to clean up my tracks.

Love the Leverage comparison; now its my turn to get to be the black guy cool.gif

And sorry Dr. Z, even if Grease was the most stunning he could be, he would still only make a far-uglier Sophie.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 29 2014, 05:58 AM) *
And sorry Dr. Z, even if Grease was the most stunning he could be, he would still only make a far-uglier Sophie.

Firm but fair. I probably should watch that show.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 29 2014, 08:21 AM) *
Firm but fair. I probably should watch that show.

-DrZ

IIRC, the full series is on Netflix right now.

@Lobo: Did you want us to post anything else? My plan was to swing by the alley from which the shots were fired if Lone Star is all inside. Otherwise, just head back to Union Station and meet up with Overkill.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 29 2014, 09:24 AM) *
IIRC, the full series is on Netflix right now.

@Lobo: Did you want us to post anything else? My plan was to swing by the alley from which the shots were fired if Lone Star is all inside. Otherwise, just head back to Union Station and meet up with Overkill.

I was sort of waiting on you guys - (I was also afk last night - spending some time with the wife and kids:))

My last post got you Argent's contact info and got you and Grease out of the club - I wasn't sure what you were planning on doing next - you might have contacted Argent right away, or might have headed back to the UCAS Zone first.

How do you guys want to handle that?

Also, Grease and Overkill you will need to update the expense sheets to include the 50 nuyen.gif for the air taxi.
Lobo0705
ETA - the 50 nuyen.gif is one way.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 29 2014, 08:31 AM) *
I was sort of waiting on you guys - (I was also afk last night - spending some time with the wife and kids:))

My last post got you Argent's contact info and got you and Grease out of the club - I wasn't sure what you were planning on doing next - you might have contacted Argent right away, or might have headed back to the UCAS Zone first.

How do you guys want to handle that?

Also, Grease and Overkill you will need to update the expense sheets to include the 50 nuyen.gif for the air taxi.

No sweat, spending time with the fam > tending to online games.

I'll post an IC post about leaving the club. DrZ can jump in if he wants to try and get a hold of Argent.

Also, is the Air Taxi fare round-trip or one-way?
DrZaius
FYI about availability:

Today: available til 2 PM EST, then in the evening.
Tomorrow: Unavailable until after 6 PM
Friday: Unavailable until after 6 PM

Just figured I'd give you guys a head's up before I dropped off the face of the earth. As always, feel free to write Grease into your scenes as appropriate, have him drive you places, etc. etc.

EDIT: I"m cool with checking out the alley; feel free to Post IC with what have you, etc. smile.gif
DrZ
Always Overkill
About the expense account, and some of the other document in the Dropbox, I have a hard time opening many of them as I don't have Microsoft Office on my PC...
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 29 2014, 08:31 AM) *
ETA - the 50 nuyen.gif is one way.

Considering that, we may want to try and knock out as much as we can in the Hub while we're here so we don't have to drop 100 nuyen.gif again any time soon.
Lobo0705
Just an FYI on availability - I will be in and out of meetings all day - I will post as much as I can - will probably be dropping in and out all day, so post as much as you want and I'll post as often as I can smile.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 29 2014, 08:48 AM) *
About the expense account, and some of the other document in the Dropbox, I have a hard time opening many of them as I don't have Microsoft Office on my PC...

We can update the expense account for you, Overkill. Just let us know how much you have spent so far.

We could also translate the other docs to PDFs and keep the Word docs in a GM folder so that Lobo can update them whenever he wants. I assume you can open those on your computer?
Jack VII
Like most of the rest of the country, we have an ice storm up in this bitch. Unlike the rest of the country, the Gulf Region has almost no capability to de-ice the roads. While my profession is in wholesale sales/delivery management, we are still open for biz, but not doing dick.

In summation, I am available all day.
Lobo0705
Jack - give me another Perception check - visual based.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012