Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Jack VII
I like the spirit appearing in the car with him and using its power as Grease pits the car and Overkill tries to brick the guy's deck.

I guess I'll be there for moral support and dakka in case none of this works.
Lobo0705
To answer Chrome's question the windows are not tinted.

Just need to pick a specific spot to ambush him.

Amy's summoning test is already done.

Grease will have to make a couple of tests to catch up to him - Stinger is driving quite quickly.

Once you give the signal I can have Overkill start hacking his deck - well, at least try and find it first, and then hack it.
Chrome Head
Here's how I see the sequence:

1) get close to Stinger
2) Try to Influence him in thinking that he needs to immediately turn wireless off on all his electronics
3) If 2 didn't work, try to hack
4) Regardless of how 3 turns out, it's time to immediately have the spirit appear in the car (surprise!)
5) Just after 4, have Grease maneuver, the spirit will know to use the accident power at the right moment
6) Jack goes immediately after Stinger to try to overcome/stun him, and put Overkill's head jammer on his head.
7) Get away from the scene as fast as possible, and off to [location]

Hopefully we achieve our two objectives: get our hands on Stinger for interrogation, and no message is sent to his allies.

Edit this as needed, and we really need to think of a location to bring him to.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jul 7 2014, 05:48 PM) *
Here's how I see the sequence:

1) get close to Stinger
2) Try to Influence him in thinking that he needs to immediately turn wireless off on all his electronics
3) If 2 didn't work, try to hack
4) Regardless of how 3 turns out, it's time to immediately have the spirit appear in the car (surprise!)
5) Just after 4, have Grease maneuver, the spirit will know to use the accident power at the right moment
6) Jack goes immediately after Stinger to try to overcome/stun him, and put Overkill's head jammer on his head.
7) Get away from the scene as fast as possible, and off to [location]

Hopefully we achieve our two objectives: get our hands on Stinger for interrogation, and no message is sent to his allies.

Edit this as needed, and we really need to think of a location to bring him to.

So, even if 2 works, while a good idea, doesn't really help mechanically.

If he is alerted before he is unconscious, he still gets his actions, and it is a free action to turn the wireless back on his deck, and another free action to send a message with his DNI.

So, for instance, you influence him to turn them off, and then the spirit manifests - and the spirit can't do anything when it manifests, that is its whole first action - at which point even if he turned his wireless off, he can still just turn it back on and send a message.

Just trying to avoid any rules mechanics surprises.
Jack VII
A lot of it depends on whether Stinger would immediately call his buddies if he got in a car wreck. I guess it's possible, but it doesn't seem like the immediate first thing someone would do outside of a game world. Now, if we were shooting at him and/or a spirit is in the car with him, maybe (although self-preservation seems like it would be the name of the game in that instance). I think Overkill just has to hopefully get lucky enough to jack his stuff.

One issue with Influence is that it's a (P) duration spell, so you have to maintain it for (F) CTs before it takes effect. For a reasonable Force spell, that's going to be something like 12 seconds (for Force 4) that we have to maintain speed with him. I think that is likely to give away our play since he is probably going to notice another car illegally maintaining speed with him for 12 seconds. I would honestly just skip the Influence deal for now.

There don't seem like a lot of guarantees here, but since we already took Truck out, we don't have much time to act.

ETA: While I think the spirit manifesting in the car is cool, it probably makes more sense if Amy had it manifest a few blocks ahead of us on top of a building and wait in ambush. Then it won't have any wasted actions as it can target Stinger through the front windshield of the car.

EATA: OK, for the full deal, here's what I am suggesting:

1) We follow Stinger (preferably discreetly) until he chooses a route running north. He presently has several options; until he makes a choice, we can't really setup an ambush.
2) Once he picks a north route, we check to see if he is going to obey street lights. When he gets stopped at a red, Amy sends the spirit to setup at the next intersection and we do the ambush there. If he doesn't stop at street lights, we send the spirit ahead three blocks and do the ambush there, hopefully allowing us to catch-up and force a crash test.
3) Overkill attempts to brick/Grease attempts to wreck/the spirit attempts to force a glitch/Jack and Amy in reserve to hopefully direct Stinger to la-la-land.
Chrome Head
Hmm good point. Although, I believe the effect of the spell is immediate, even before the suggestion has become permanently inserted in his brain. It'll just stop very suddenly if interrupted (I think).

Anyway, maybe we should give him no reason to believe that any kind of foul play is involved. If he's thinking that he's just getting into a normal accident, at worse he'll message his buddies to tell them he's in an accident. By the time we're on him, just after that, we might be able to knock him out fast enough.

Going that route would be more straightforward: no manifesting in the car, no spell, no hacking (he might very well notice that). Just go for the maneuver, helped out by the accident power from the spirit. Once the crash happens, then start trying to hack his stuff, try to influence him not to send messages to anyone, etc.

Would that be a better plan?

ETA: Seems similar to what you just edited in.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jul 8 2014, 08:17 AM) *
Anyway, maybe we should give him no reason to believe that any kind of foul play is involved. If he's thinking that he's just getting into a normal accident, at worse he'll message his buddies to tell them he's in an accident. By the time we're on him, just after that, we might be able to knock him out fast enough.

Given the rate of speed he is driving at, I'm not sure if we're going to be able to make it look like an accident. Only way I can see us pulling that off is if Overkill tried to follow and Grease worked out an alternate route to try and cut him off and we force an accident at a four way intersection with Stinger driving N-S and Grease driving E-W (sort of like a t-bone without the collision).

I'm also not entirely sure if he wouldn't notice the spirit power. The rules seem quiet on whether you notice offensive uses of critter powers.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 8 2014, 10:28 AM) *
Given the rate of speed he is driving at, I'm not sure if we're going to be able to make it look like an accident. Only way I can see us pulling that off is if Overkill tried to follow and Grease worked out an alternate route to try and cut him off and we force an accident at a four way intersection with Stinger driving N-S and Grease driving E-W (sort of like a t-bone without the collision).

I'm also not entirely sure if he wouldn't notice the spirit power. The rules seem quiet on whether you notice offensive uses of critter powers.

Let me know if you need any of my input on the plan; I'm on board so far. I'd prefer to preserve the cab as much as possible, but am willing to try and cause an accident since Grease thinks talking to Stinger is very important. He had to sit in a drug den for over 30 minutes for this! Good thing he's not a cat shaman.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jul 8 2014, 10:04 AM) *
Let me know if you need any of my input on the plan; I'm on board so far. I'd prefer to preserve the cab as much as possible, but am willing to try and cause an accident since Grease thinks talking to Stinger is very important. He had to sit in a drug den for over 30 minutes for this! Good thing he's not a cat shaman.

-DrZ

You should be able to theoretically force a wreck without damaging the cab, at least using the vehicle combat rules.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 8 2014, 11:17 AM) *
You should be able to theoretically force a wreck without damaging the cab, at least using the vehicle combat rules.

Theory and practice being what they are, my fingers are still crossed cyber.gif
Lobo0705
So:

1) I believe spirit powers should be like spells, you should be able to notice them being used on you.

2) With regards to when permanent spells take effect, that is interesting. Stabilize comes out and says that the person isn't stabilized until after the spell becomes permanent, and I've always played that when you cast Heal, the person isn't healed until after the spell becomes permanent, I'm thinking that all permanent spells work that way.

3) I want to fast forward a little, Overkill follows him as he makes a left on East Orchard and a right on S. Buckley. It will take you at least until he hits E. Smokey Hill to catch up to him.

How far back are you driving? Are you following him directly, or are you trying to parallel him?

DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 8 2014, 10:34 AM) *
So:

1) I believe spirit powers should be like spells, you should be able to notice them being used on you.

2) With regards to when permanent spells take effect, that is interesting. Stabilize comes out and says that the person isn't stabilized until after the spell becomes permanent, and I've always played that when you cast Heal, the person isn't healed until after the spell becomes permanent, I'm thinking that all permanent spells work that way.

3) I want to fast forward a little, Overkill follows him as he makes a left on East Orchard and a right on S. Buckley. It will take you at least until he hits E. Smokey Hill to catch up to him.

How far back are you driving? Are you following him directly, or are you trying to parallel him?

Do I have the Fly-spy on him still? If so, parallel. otherwise, I will have to keep eyes on him.

EDIT: Unless overkill has eyes on him from his bike.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jul 8 2014, 10:57 AM) *
Do I have the Fly-spy on him still? If so, parallel. otherwise, I will have to keep eyes on him.

EDIT: Unless overkill has eyes on him from his bike.

At the speed he is going, he will outdistance your Fly Spy quickly. Overkill, however, has his eyes on him. That may be an issue depending on what he does at the light at Orchard and Buckley.
Jack VII
Since we have some clues as to where he might be going, I would suggest Overkill stay a little ways back. I'm trying to keep my RL surveillance experience out of this, since Jack wouldn't have a clue about it, but I think common sense would state that Overkill could probably follow him to Buckley, but shouldn't follow if he turns. He could always slow roll to the intersection and just visually track Stinger while Grease parallels and tries to pick him up (probably at Smoky Hill, at which point Overkill could rejoin the chase from further back.

Buckley and Chambers are the most direct routes back to LM territory, Chambers being the most direct route. Orchard doesn't hit Chambers, so it is most likely he'll turn north on Buckley and take it all the way before turning west or he'll turn north on Buckley, west on Smoky Hill, and north on Chambers, which will take him directly to LM territory.

ETA: Are we already past Tower? We might be able to blast down Tower at high speed and pick up Smoky Hill to try to catch up to him, judging by the map.
Lobo0705
You are just passing Tower when he turns on to Buckley.

If he wants, Grease can make a Vehicle test to make the REALLY sharp turn necessary to make the right.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 8 2014, 10:34 AM) *
So:

Ok, that's fine, good to know. That's why it was important to discuss all this before we actually do it, just so the mechanics are clear.

Regarding 1), when you use accident on some dude, does he automatically know or is it a test?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jul 8 2014, 04:01 PM) *
Ok, that's fine, good to know. That's why it was important to discuss all this before we actually do it, just so the mechanics are clear.

Regarding 1), when you use accident on some dude, does he automatically know or is it a test?

Good question. The rules are quiet on it - I think the way to do it is treat it like a spell.

If the power is used ON a person, then they know it.

If the power is used in line of sight of a person, then detect it like a spell - threshold is equal to 6 minus the force of the spirit.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 8 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Good question. The rules are quiet on it - I think the way to do it is treat it like a spell.

If the power is used ON a person, then they know it.

If the power is used in line of sight of a person, then detect it like a spell - threshold is equal to 6 minus the force of the spirit.

I should be able to post a little OOC tomorrow and possibly Thursday, then I am out of cell coverage (the horror.. the horror!) until the 19th.

-DrZ
Jack VII
It seems to me if we are guessing correctly about his path, there should just be a few rolls to make to see if we keep up, intercept, and pull off the attack. Hope we can get it knocked out tomorrow!
Lobo0705
Ok - Overkill starts his search:

Comp+Int=8 dice, his datajack and Signal Scrub negate all noise penalty
8d6.hits(5)=2

Stinger's silent Deck resists:
10d6.hits(5)=3

No joy finding his deck frown.gif
Jack VII
Well, that didn't start out well.

Then again, Overkill could take a shot at MARKing Stinger's car (if the wireless is turned on) and see what comes of it. He also presumably knows that Stinger has a firearm or Grease could tell him that he does and what type of weapon it is and try to mark that if the wireless is turned on. If it's slaved to the deck, then he would get a MARK on the deck and it wouldn't matter if he had spotted it or not.

I'm not sure if Overkill would go ahead and do that on his own as he knows its an option. I'm going to wait to post if you want to make a few more rolls for him. The character is smart as hell, so I would think he would exhaust all of his options first.
Lobo0705
Sure - that all makes sense.

Trying to spot his weapon:
8d6.hits(5)=2

Stinger resists
10d6.hits(5)=3

Trying to spot his car
8d6.hits(5)=0

No need to roll the resistance frown.gif
Jack VII
I tried... IC post incoming.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 9 2014, 12:22 PM) *
I tried... IC post incoming.

OOC - Overkill is on board to try it - but Jack and Amy are talking out loud rather than sending messages, so he is unaware of their conversation. smile.gif

I will be around until Wednesday, and then will be gone until Sunday night (which coincidentally is when Grease will be back). I still think there is planning to do, i.e. where are you bringing if when you are successful,
whether or not Grease is going to ram him or just cut him off (I think it is just the cut off maneuver, but I'm just double checking), and where exactly you are going to perform the ambush.

Also, can I confirm that while Stinger and Overkill are traveling up Buckley toward Smokey Hill, Grease made the turn onto Tower and attempting to parallel him up to Smoky Hill?

Jack VII
I figured we (the players) would try to hash it out IC since Overkill is currently GMPC and focused on keeping Stinger in sight.

- I don't think we really have a plan for bringing him anywhere and I could actually easily see that potential bit of planning being missed. I'm okay with us trying to figure out what to do with him afterward. All of this was so rushed, it's an operational detail that could easily be missed.

- DrZ said he doesn't want to damage the taxi (since he's jacked in, doubly so), so I think he wants to attempt a cut-off maneuver, which should force the opponent into a crash test.

- Once we get to Smoky Hill Road, we should have a better idea of where we can perform the ambush. Given driving distances, etc... if he stays on Buckley, it looks like Buckley and Mansfield might be a good spot. It's about halfway between Quincy and Hampden.

- Yes, I believe the intention was to take Tower to parallel, otherwise he would see us flying up in his rearview from several thousands of meters back.
Lobo0705
Ok - so, given the relative driving skills and distances involved, Grease will hit Smoky Run before Stinger does.

I imagine that when Grease hits the corner of Tower and Smokey Hill, Stinger will just be around E. Progress drive.

The problem I see with Mansfield is there isn't really any way to get there. Tower turns east around the Quincy reservoir, and I don't think you are going to be able to get to Mansfield before Stinger (who just has to travel in a straight line) will pass it.

Something to think about.

In the meantime, the next IC post up in a couple of minutes.
Jack VII
I picked Mansfield because I didn't think we would catch up to him at Quincy. I didn't realize we were that far behind... While we were slightly delayed picking up Grease and Amy, I didn't think we would be as far behind Stinger as we were. The plan was for us to turn right on Tower, break the sound barrier to get to Smoky Hill, turn left on Smoky Hill and again disregard any kind of speed limits to get close to the intersection of Buckley and Smoky Hill, preferably before or very shortly after Stinger hit that intersection. We would turn right on Buckley and Overkill could turn off, maybe picking up Chambers and paralleling us in case we needed to maintain surveillance.

I don't think it is at all likely that we are going to be able to get ahead of him, so we need to shorten the distance significantly before we become really visible to him. We're more than likely going to be initiating the wreck from his rear.

Another option would be for us to blow past Buckley, pick up Chambers, and parallel (breaking the speed limit the entire time), while Overkill tries to stay on him. The problem being that he is going to look really obvious if we don't move soon, especially if Stinger does something unanticipated like turning. If we did that, we might be able to get ahead of him and hit him at Yale or Illif.

ETA: Based on the IC, I had no intention of continuing on Tower past Smoky Hill since it doesn't connect anywhere. Then again, none of us are making Navigation rolls, which should probably be a component of this, so I'm OK if we get screwed here.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 11 2014, 10:22 AM) *
I picked Mansfield because I didn't think we would catch up to him at Quincy. I didn't realize we were that far behind... While we were slightly delayed picking up Grease and Amy, I didn't think we would be as far behind Stinger as we were. The plan was for us to turn right on Tower, break the sound barrier to get to Smoky Hill, turn left on Smoky Hill and again disregard any kind of speed limits to get close to the intersection of Buckley and Smoky Hill, preferably before or very shortly after Stinger hit that intersection. We would turn right on Buckley and Overkill could turn off, maybe picking up Chambers and paralleling us in case we needed to maintain surveillance.

I don't think it is at all likely that we are going to be able to get ahead of him, so we need to shorten the distance significantly before we become really visible to him. We're more than likely going to be initiating the wreck from his rear.

Another option would be for us to blow past Buckley, pick up Chambers, and parallel (breaking the speed limit the entire time), while Overkill tries to stay on him. The problem being that he is going to look really obvious if we don't move soon, especially if Stinger does something unanticipated like turning. If we did that, we might be able to get ahead of him and hit him at Yale or Illif.

ETA: Based on the IC, I had no intention of continuing on Tower past Smoky Hill since it doesn't connect anywhere. Then again, none of us are making Navigation rolls, which should probably be a component of this, so I'm OK if we get screwed here.

Ah, ok - if your plan all along was to make the left on Smokey, that's fine - don't want to screw you with a miscommunication on my part. I'll amend the IC to have you make the left onto Smokey - easy enough to do smile.gif

Even if Grease can't multitask enough to drive and navigate, Jack can easily pull up a map of the city and do so (He has nothing else to do at the moment).

Stinger is moving that is one of the reasons you are so far behind. He had already started his car, and started to drive when Grease made the command to have the car start, drive around to pick him up, and then turn around, while Stinger has been accelerating in a straight line for most of it (with the exception of the turn onto Buckley).

Whether or not you can catch him will be up to Grease, and given that he is a rigger and Stinger isn't, the odds are in your favor. Just, as you say, if you start closing the distance on Buckley you are going to give him some warning.

P.S. I am trying to give feedback without unduly influencing your decisions.
Jack VII
In this kind of situation (at least IRL), the best thing to do is to have Overkill follow him and call out intersections as they pass. We find an appropriate parallel street (Chambers, probably) and move up parallel until we get several blocks ahead before trying to intercept. The key thing being to have as little time on grid with Stinger as possible before we make our move. I'm just not sure if our group really has the background to think that strategically, or if we would just try to get on his tail as fast as possible, speed up, and try to catch him.

ETA: I think part of the problem is that the distances (at least on the map) are pretty short. It looks like the direct distance between the chip house and LM territory is 6 or 7 miles as the crow flies (looks like it is about 9-10 miles on the street), which doesn't seem all that far, particularly if we're all driving way faster than the speed limit.
Jack VII
FYI: I have a pretty busy day today with several meetings. I probably will have limited ability to post.
Chrome Head
In all my rpg experience, both online and offline, I've always found that things slow down and/or die out during the summer. Imo, the real test for a game is surviving the summer. We'll see how it plays out for us as we're hitting that spot it seems nyahnyah.gif
Jack VII
I know Lobo was on today, but will be gone starting tomorrow and not back until Sunday. Grease is also gone until Sunday, so it may be best if we hang until Sunday, particularly with Overkill being absent. I'm not too worried about it. My other two games dies out last month, but that honestly wasn't a huge loss. I was enjoying one of the games, but I think we reached a certain point where the GMs style disagreed with the players. Happens.
Chrome Head
Yeah and on the other hand, this game is going so well that I haven't tried to join other games after we started. We all seem to have gotten used to each other both in game and ooc and I find that everything is going really smoothly and it's a lot of fun. You've played an important role in this yourself, being always on top of things and helping the other players out a lot (and the GM too actually).
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jul 15 2014, 07:58 PM) *
Yeah and on the other hand, this game is going so well that I haven't tried to join other games after we started. We all seem to have gotten used to each other both in game and ooc and I find that everything is going really smoothly and it's a lot of fun. You've played an important role in this yourself, being always on top of things and helping the other players out a lot (and the GM too actually).

I am back! I will be trying to catch up on the IC/OOC posts, and then will try to post something intelligent later today smile.gif

-DrZ
Lobo0705
I am back as well smile.gif

Hope everyone had a good week, the gaming convention was great as always smile.gif

Thanks for all your patience, I am ready to get back to work smile.gif
Lobo0705
Btw - with regards to paralleling Stinger on South Chambers while he is on Buckley - this is potentially a very valid option, as Grease's Shin-Hyung has a speed of 6, while Stinger's Comet (which uses the stats of a Ford Americar) has a speed of 3.

It will require some Vehicle tests from Grease to avoid crashing, but hopefully he is up to it smile.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 21 2014, 08:23 AM) *
Btw - with regards to paralleling Stinger on South Chambers while he is on Buckley - this is potentially a very valid option, as Grease's Shin-Hyung has a speed of 6, while Stinger's Comet (which uses the stats of a Ford Americar) has a speed of 3.

It will require some Vehicle tests from Grease to avoid crashing, but hopefully he is up to it smile.gif

Roll 'em! As Jack surmised, I am willing to risk my vehicle appropriately, but I'd rather not ram with it unless we really need to (although that is an option I'd consider, if all others are exhausted).

-DrZ
Jack VII
I'm ready to roll and role.
Lobo0705
Ok - so, looking at the map, and given relative speeds, you should be able to pull even with Stinger around E. Yale.

You are going to have to make a determination at that point what to do, which might be difficult because you don't exactly know where he is going. If you assume he is heading to Los Mags territory, he could either be making a left onto E. Mississippi or E. Alameda.

Now to catch up with him, I'm thinking that Grease will need to make vehicle tests at the following intersections to avoid hitting traffic going in the other direction:
Smoky Hill
E Quincy
E Hampden
E. Yale

Grease rolls:
7 for reaction, 6 for skill, 2 for specialization, 2 for hot sim, 2 for for control rig - 19 dice

Threshold for the test for each will be base 3 +2 for Restricted Terrain, -2 for the control rig.

So he needs 3 hits on the four tests:
19d6.hits(5)=6, 19d6.hits(5)=8, 19d6.hits(5)=6, 19d6.hits(5)=3

Success! (although that last one was close wink.gif)

Dr. Zaius - do you want to put up the IC post of you driving (which should end with you on E. Yale) or do you want me to? If you put up the post, just include Overkill driving behind Stinger, calling out cross streets as they pass.

DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 21 2014, 10:27 AM) *
Ok - so, looking at the map, and given relative speeds, you should be able to pull even with Stinger around E. Yale.

You are going to have to make a determination at that point what to do, which might be difficult because you don't exactly know where he is going. If you assume he is heading to Los Mags territory, he could either be making a left onto E. Mississippi or E. Alameda.

Now to catch up with him, I'm thinking that Grease will need to make vehicle tests at the following intersections to avoid hitting traffic going in the other direction:
Smoky Hill
E Quincy
E Hampden
E. Yale

Grease rolls:
7 for reaction, 6 for skill, 2 for specialization, 2 for hot sim, 2 for for control rig - 19 dice

Threshold for the test for each will be base 3 +2 for Restricted Terrain, -2 for the control rig.

So he needs 3 hits on the four tests:
19d6.hits(5)=6, 19d6.hits(5)=8, 19d6.hits(5)=6, 19d6.hits(5)=3

Success! (although that last one was close wink.gif)

Dr. Zaius - do you want to put up the IC post of you driving (which should end with you on E. Yale) or do you want me to? If you put up the post, just include Overkill driving behind Stinger, calling out cross streets as they pass.

I can throw up a post in a bit here.

Thanks,
-DrZ
DrZaius
IC post is up. Let me know if I got the street / locations correct; otherwise I can edit the post.

-DrZ

EDIT: Also, if my German is wrong please feel free to correct it; google translate can only do so much smile.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jul 21 2014, 12:43 PM) *
IC post is up. Let me know if I got the street / locations correct; otherwise I can edit the post.

-DrZ

EDIT: Also, if my German is wrong please feel free to correct it; google translate can only do so much smile.gif

LOL. that was awesome. Oh, the truck driver would have probably been shooting up LongHaul, which seems to be the Sixth World's much more effective (and insane) version of NoDoze.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 21 2014, 01:17 PM) *
LOL. that was awesome. Oh, the truck driver would have probably been shooting up LongHaul, which seems to be the Sixth World's much more effective (and insane) version of NoDoze.

Good idea; made that change.
Lobo0705
Excellent post - lot of time and effort went into that one, and it is appreciated smile.gif

Should I just roll the Cut Off action? Or is there something you guys want to do in between?

You only have about 10 seconds...
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 21 2014, 03:17 PM) *
Should I just roll the Cut Off action? Or is there something you guys want to do in between?

You only have about 10 seconds...

Did we ever get the spirit setup to trigger the Accident power? I don't remember, sorry...
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 21 2014, 04:25 PM) *
Did we ever get the spirit setup to trigger the Accident power? I don't remember, sorry...

I don't believe so; but that seems appropriate now that Amy knows the cross street we're going to run into him..

-DrZ

@Lobo: Thanks. I like to spend the time on the posts whenever possible, and since I just got back it felt like I should come back with a bang smile.gif

EDIT: Some posts are harder to do so, when we're just in dialogue, but an opportunity like this felt like it was appropriate to write a bit more.
Chrome Head
I don't have anything to add OOC other than I'm glad we're resuming the game. Let's have some fun biggrin.gif
Lobo0705
Ok - so now we have the Cut Off Action at the corner of S. Buckley and E. Yale.

Grease makes his Vehicle test with 19 dice
Stinger makes an opposed test using his Reaction + Pilot Ground vehicle of 10 dice

Grease
19d6.hits(5)=4

Stinger
10d6.hits(5)=3

Ok - so since Grease got 1 net hit, Stinger has to make a crash test with a threshold of 1 net hit.

Any use of Edge on the test? (you will have to make that decision before you know the effects of the Accident power on Stinger).
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 21 2014, 06:11 PM) *
Ok - so now we have the Cut Off Action at the corner of S. Buckley and E. Yale.

Grease makes his Vehicle test with 19 dice
Stinger makes an opposed test using his Reaction + Pilot Ground vehicle of 10 dice

Grease
19d6.hits(5)=4

Stinger
10d6.hits(5)=3

Ok - so since Grease got 1 net hit, Stinger has to make a crash test with a threshold of 1 net hit.

Any use of Edge on the test? (you will have to make that decision before you know the effects of the Accident power on Stinger).

This is always the odd portion of a SR game for me; it feels like gamesmanship to think through these decisions, while at the same time Edge always feels that way. Since I can't necessarily rely on the spirit, I'd like to reroll failures on my cut-off test.

Thanks,
-DrZ
Jack VII
Edge is the ultimate in metagaming, but I think it is intended that way. In my other game that died recently, it looks like the proximate cause for the game dying was an argument between one of the GMs and a player about Edge. The GM wasn't revealing how many hits our opponents were getting, so we really had no clue whether it was worth it to spend Edge in the first place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012