Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Chrome Head
Amy doesn't need anything for now.
Lobo0705
Ok, so just so you can sort of plan your day out, Overkill already has 11 of the 24 requisite hits on his test to make the Rotodrone's new owner Grease.

Here are his next series of tests:

13d6.hits(5)=4

12d6.hits(5)=4

11d6.hits(5)=3

10d6.hits (5)=5

Ok then, so after another 4 hours of work, the drone will be ok to use - so you are going to have to plan for Overkill to be stuck at the safehouse for 5 more hours after he wakes up fixing the drone.

This still does not factor into account taking the AK out of Rhex and fixing it so it can take clips - which Grease can technically do, but Overkill would be a LOT better at. But again, that's up to whether or not Grease would a) know Overkill was better, and b) have Overkill work on it - both of which are completely feasible, but should be worked out in character.

With regards to Chapel, someone can post up the IC message, and I'll respond, and then you can contact Ramirez, or we can skip time, whatever you want to do.
Jack VII
I would post but I'm trying to deal with work AND having one of my dogs with me here (Vet appointment at 10:30). If we can, I'd like to post the IC text to Chapel, then advance the timeline to when pretty much everyone is awake, which I think is around 1PM? From there, we can chat strategy. Chapel should have our gear ready. We can pick up the gear after dropping a Fly-Spy at the chip house (it's in Yak territory, so Grease should probably drive close by and then launch the Fly-Spy rather than driving in there with the taxi).

It would be awesome to get good intelligence on the area so we could setup an ambush.

@Lobo: Uh... how waterproof is gear in the 6th World?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 28 2014, 09:29 AM) *
Ok, so just so you can sort of plan your day out, Overkill already has 11 of the 24 requisite hits on his test to make the Rotodrone's new owner Grease.

Here are his next series of tests:

13d6.hits(5)=4

12d6.hits(5)=4

11d6.hits(5)=3

10d6.hits (5)=5

Ok then, so after another 4 hours of work, the drone will be ok to use - so you are going to have to plan for Overkill to be stuck at the safehouse for 5 more hours after he wakes up fixing the drone.

This still does not factor into account taking the AK out of Rhex and fixing it so it can take clips - which Grease can technically do, but Overkill would be a LOT better at. But again, that's up to whether or not Grease would a) know Overkill was better, and b) have Overkill work on it - both of which are completely feasible, but should be worked out in character.

With regards to Chapel, someone can post up the IC message, and I'll respond, and then you can contact Ramirez, or we can skip time, whatever you want to do.

It may be a bit gameist, but I think it'd be best to have Overkill do it to make sure I don't break the thing. I am imagining the old SNL skit, "Nick: The company computer guy". Basically, Grease messing it up, and Overkill yelling, "Scheiße! MOOOVE!"

Grease will be *very* unpleasant until around 1030 AM. After that, I think he will scout out the location for tonight using his fly-spy. He'll fly jacked in, so he can gain the benefit of his own perception skill through the drone's sensors.
Chrome Head
Amy has messaged Hubert IC, I dunno if you want him to respond. She'll go visit him in the morning unless told he's not available.
Jack VII
Message to Chapel is up. Lobo, please note that Overkill deleted his request for AR Standard ammo. I can recalculate the pricing, but won't be able to update the Excel file until this evening.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 28 2014, 10:50 AM) *
Message to Chapel is up. Lobo, please note that Overkill deleted his request for AR Standard ammo. I can recalculate the pricing, but won't be able to update the Excel file until this evening.

Already took care of it, the updated pricing is here - I understand you are busy - the spreadsheet can wait until whenever is convenient for you, no worries smile.gif

Jack's List:
- Colt M23 w/ Internal Smartgun & Shock Pad 1300 nuyen.gif
- 4 Spare Clips 25
- Flashbang Grenade - 125

The spare clips, grenade, and Shock Pad he has on hand, the Colt it will take him about 8 hours to get a hold of - total cost 1450 nuyen.gif

Overkill's Shopping List:
5 Spare Mags - 31 nuyen.gif
Shock Pad - 62
Gas Vent 2 -500
40 Rounds of Stick & Shock (AR)- 400
Smartgun System, External(Top)- 250

He has everything on hand - total cost: 1243 nuyen.gif

I will post Chapel's response in a moment.

@Chrome,

How do you picture Hubert? You have him listed as a Talismonger, do you think he has a shop? Or do you see him more as like selling things out of his house (like reagents) and dispensing "home" remedies - i.e. people come to see him and he casts Heal on them and accepts payment based on what the people can pay? I'm asking because it will help me RP him. (Also, as an older Ork, do you picture him awake after midnight, or do you think it more likely that he would respond to you in the morning?)
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 28 2014, 10:55 AM) *
@Chrome,

How do you picture Hubert? You have him listed as a Talismonger, do you think he has a shop? Or do you see him more as like selling things out of his house (like reagents) and dispensing "home" remedies - i.e. people come to see him and he casts Heal on them and accepts payment based on what the people can pay? I'm asking because it will help me RP him. (Also, as an older Ork, do you picture him awake after midnight, or do you think it more likely that he would respond to you in the morning?)

I imagine an urban shaman with a similar philosophy as Amy, for whom he was a true mentor. He used to have a bustling business as a talismonger, specializing in finding rare materials and writing/using formulas, but has now slowed down physically. He is knowledgeable, wise, and has a very big heart. I'd imagine him helping out people in need without discrimination. He would still be spending some time talismongering and providing magical supplies for the many loyal clients that have stuck with him. Amy is not the only apprentice he's had, but she's one who has stayed close to him through the years, and with whom he has a lot in common given the similar attitude of their respective mentor spirits.

He might be awake or not after midnight.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 28 2014, 11:11 AM) *
I imagine an urban shaman with a similar philosophy as Amy, for whom he was a true mentor. He used to have a bustling business as a talismonger, specializing in finding rare materials and writing/using formulas, but has now slowed down physically. He is knowledgeable, wise, and has a very big heart. I'd imagine him helping out people in need without discrimination. He would still be spending some time talismongering and providing magical supplies for the many loyal clients that have stuck with him. Amy is not the only apprentice he's had, but she's one who has stayed close to him through the years, and with whom he has a lot in common given the similar attitude of their respective mentor spirits.

He might be awake or not after midnight.

Ok - no problem - we'll say he is gone to bed for now, but will respond early - say 8:00 AM
Jack VII
@Lobo: Uh... how waterproof is gear in the 6th World?

I didn't want this to get lost in the thread. It's mostly joking, but... ya know I have an internal air tank and want to make use of it. For reference
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 28 2014, 12:23 PM) *
I didn't want this to get lost in the thread. It's mostly joking, but... ya know I have an internal air tank and want to make use of it. For reference

Lol smile.gif

So, my understanding of modern firearms is that while they will not reliably fire underwater, if you completely submerge them and take them out of the water they should be okay, providing you empty the barrel of water before you fire the weapon, otherwise it can cause the barrel to blow.

In game terms, I would say you would need to take a Complex Action to clear the barrel, and after that you should be fine.

With regards to ammo, modern ammo is sealed, and 99% of the bullets will fire with no problem after being submerged, so a simple die roll per time you fire the gun would be required (technically it should be per bullet, but I don't want to get crazy) - if I roll a 100, then the gun jams, the shot doesn't go off, and you need to spend a Simple Action to clear the jam (reduced to a Free Action if you have a Smartgun system enabled).

Does that sound reasonable?

Jack VII
Yeah, that's more than reasonable. It's mostly meant as a joke as I was glancing around the map to see what land features we could use. Then I remembered I actually had an internal air tank and then of course I remembered the Missing In Action scene. Not sure if I will seriously suggest it. Unless it provides some significant advantage that wouldn't otherwise be available, I doubt I would suggest it.
Lobo0705
So - it looks like we have this schedule:

12:30 - Amy and Jack go to sleep:
1:00 - Grease falls asleep
4:30 Jack wakes up
5:00 - Overkill falls asleep
8:00 - Hubert calls Amy back
8:30 Amy wakes up, and Jack falls asleep
9:00 Grease wakes up (very surly and unpleasant to be around)
10:30 Grease stops being an ass wink.gif
1:00 Jack and Overkill wake up
2:00 Meeting with Chapel at Rusty Bar-rel

Things to fit in:

Amy's visit to Hubert
Grease's surveillance of the sacrifice site
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 28 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Grease's surveillance of the sacrifice site

I picked the Rusty because it was somewhat close to Rocky Mountain Arsenal. I figured on our way to meet Chapel, we could drop one Fly-Spy in the vicinity of the chip-house. After our meet with Chapel, we could deploy the other Fly-Spy to start doing surveillance of the sacrifice site.
Chrome Head
Depending on what she hears from Hubert, Amy will go see him some time after 9, either with Grease's taxi, or she'll just call Tony.
Lobo0705
I've added a picture of the overview of the Sacrifice Site in the dropbox, the crosses are in (in case there is any confusion) hexes G5, H5 and I5

Should we skip ahead until 8:00 AM, and I'll post Hubert's response to Amy?
Chrome Head
I'm ready to move ahead.
Jack VII
Works for me. I need to ruminate on the map.

ETA: Damn, I was thinking the crosses were a lot closer together than that... not sure if one Flashbang is going to do it if we wanted to set it before hand. Have to pick between one or the other.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 28 2014, 02:54 PM) *
Works for me. I need to ruminate on the map.

ETA: Damn, I was thinking the crosses were a lot closer together than that... not sure if one Flashbang is going to do it if we wanted to set it before hand. Have to pick between one or the other.

If it makes you feel better, during the footage it shows they were all clustered around the one cross (the one with the girl on it). It would follow that tonight they should be around one of the other two crosses (but not both).
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 28 2014, 01:16 PM) *
If it makes you feel better, during the footage it shows they were all clustered around the one cross (the one with the girl on it). It would follow that tonight they should be around one of the other two crosses (but not both).

Well, yeah, but that's the problem if I wanted to pre-set the grenade... maybe Amy's contact will have some idea.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 28 2014, 03:23 PM) *
Well, yeah, but that's the problem if I wanted to pre-set the grenade... maybe Amy's contact will have some idea.

Oh - I see now. Perhaps buy a 2nd grenade?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 28 2014, 02:28 PM) *
Oh - I see now. Perhaps buy a 2nd grenade?

Yeah, I could do that if you'll let me amend. I need to see if I have the cash for it.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 28 2014, 02:32 PM) *
Yeah, I could do that if you'll let me amend. I need to see if I have the cash for it.

sure np
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 28 2014, 02:35 PM) *
sure np

OK, I'll take two. That should leave me with 100 nuyen.gif or so.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 28 2014, 03:05 PM) *
OK, I'll take two. That should leave me with 100 nuyen.gif or so.

No problem, he'll have both in stock, if you can just update your post in the IC thread.

I would also think that (although certainly this is something that should be worked out in game) that the Flash Grenades could be a group expense if you are running dry on cash.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 28 2014, 02:28 PM) *
No problem, he'll have both in stock, if you can just update your post in the IC thread.

I would also think that (although certainly this is something that should be worked out in game) that the Flash Grenades could be a group expense if you are running dry on cash.

I mean... it's 250 nuyen.gif

I hit well into my wallet on the M23 purchase... it's not a big deal. Hopefully we won't have to go back to the Hub anytime soon.
DrZaius
@lobo: is there anything you need from me this morning, or do you want to wait to have Amy meet with her contact?

Thanks,
-DrZ
Jack VII
I started to work on an ammunition tracker. It's kind of a pain in the ass. As a compromise, I think each player should keep track of the ammo that is on their person at any given time and I will track a consolidated list updated based on ammo purchases and fired rounds. Does that sound good?
Lobo0705
@Grease,

I don't need anything from Grease - I'm assuming he is staying to keep watch while Amy meets her contact? My feeling from the previous posts was that the group (apart from Amy) wasn't really doing much until the afternoon meet with Chapel. If you want Grease to do anything else, by all means let me know though.

@Jack

You've already done quite a bit for the group smile.gif

Your idea is totally fine and appreciated smile.gif

@All

New Denver Tribune is up smile.gif

DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 29 2014, 08:51 AM) *
I started to work on an ammunition tracker. It's kind of a pain in the ass. As a compromise, I think each player should keep track of the ammo that is on their person at any given time and I will track a consolidated list updated based on ammo purchases and fired rounds. Does that sound good?

@Jack: Fair enough.

@Lobo: As an aside, I really like the Tribunes. They really fit well into the PbP setting, just because our timeline advances so slowly (relatively) that we get a new paper every few RL days.
-DrZ
Lobo0705
@Grease,

Thank you smile.gif I think it adds a nice little extra flavor as well. It also lets me set up events during the game and future events as well. Not all of the stories not related to you are immaterial (you could, in fact, pick up odd jobs - finding the kid from yesterday's tribune, for example) - and it let's you guys decide whether or not to follow up on something without me sort of heavy-handedly having a contact force you into doing it. smile.gif

@Chrome,

Do you want me to put up a post of you getting to Hubert's? If you do it, just know that Turbine is not on duty now, he will have finished his shift and gone home for some sleep (he does the later shifts, not the morning ones).
Jack VII
I love the Tribs. There seem to be a ton of hooks that could be fun (bodyguard/babysitter duty for the football player, etc).

ETA: That attack on the Sisters seems a bit too coincidental. Wonder if it was tied into Truck's crew. Maybe the girl on the cross isn't Renata but one of the Sisters instead.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 29 2014, 10:08 AM) *
@Chrome,

Do you want me to put up a post of you getting to Hubert's? If you do it, just know that Turbine is not on duty now, he will have finished his shift and gone home for some sleep (he does the later shifts, not the morning ones).

You can go ahead and post the transition, Amy will call the same taxi company and pay the regular fare. I'll catch my ride at another address, like in front a nearby store or something similar.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 29 2014, 10:57 AM) *
You can go ahead and post the transition, Amy will call the same taxi company and pay the regular fare. I'll catch my ride at another address, like in front a nearby store or something similar.

Why aren't we using Grease's Taxi?

-DrZ
Chrome Head
Like I said IC, because that would leave you without a car, no?

If Grease offers, Amy will take it.
Lobo0705
Either way, let me know, it will be simple for me to edit my IC post.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 29 2014, 10:14 AM) *
I love the Tribs. There seem to be a ton of hooks that could be fun (bodyguard/babysitter duty for the football player, etc).

ETA: That attack on the Sisters seems a bit too coincidental. Wonder if it was tied into Truck's crew. Maybe the girl on the cross isn't Renata but one of the Sisters instead.

Or Renata was just a sacrifice made in order to summon whatever appeared to attack them in their townhouse.

Love the Trib as well, I wonder if we should encourage the theory that Horseshoe Park was Warrens United wink.gif
Jack VII
OK...

I have the prototype Ammo page up right now. A few notes:

1) CharGen entries are based on our character sheets.
2) If we don't have a particular weapon type (surprisingly no one is carrying a Heavy Pistol), the header is visible but the fields are hidden.
3) Deductions are based on rounds fired for the fights. After reviewing the thread, here's what I had:
Yak Fight: Rhex (40 rounds of AR REG), Jack (20 rounds of SMG REG), Overkill (3 rounds of MP S&S)
Park Fight: Rhex (6 rounds of AR REG)
4) Additions are purchases or loot. The only purchases I show to date are Jack's purchase from Chapel (10 rounds of H-O S&S & 60 rounds of SMG GEL) and Overkill's purchase from Chapel (40 AR S&S). The only loot I show was recovered from the rotodrone (230 AR EX).

Let me know if there are any corrections...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 29 2014, 12:02 PM) *
OK...

I have the prototype Ammo page up right now. A few notes:

1) CharGen entries are based on our character sheets.
2) If we don't have a particular weapon type (surprisingly no one is carrying a Heavy Pistol), the header is visible but the fields are hidden.
3) Deductions are based on rounds fired for the fights. After reviewing the thread, here's what I had:
Yak Fight: Rhex (40 rounds of AR REG), Jack (20 rounds of SMG REG), Overkill (3 rounds of MP S&S)
4) Additions are purchases or loot. The only purchases I show to date are Jack's purchase from Chapel (10 rounds of H-O S&S & 60 rounds of SMG GEL) and Overkill's purchase from Chapel (40 AR S&S). The only loot I show was recovered from the rotodrone (230 AR EX).

Let me know if there are any corrections...

I believe that is all correct - thanks Jack!

Always Overkill
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 29 2014, 01:02 PM) *

LOL, our groups ammo usage at the rally was that low... 7 dead, 40 injured. I wonder how many round Lone Star fired?
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 29 2014, 02:18 PM) *
LOL, our groups ammo usage at the rally was that low... 7 dead, 40 injured. I wonder how many round Lone Star fired?

I wonder what's the real number of casualties and also how many were caused by the off target lightning bolt. Some people might have been injured later when/if Lone Star backup showed up, I dunno.
Jack VII
I believe several were injured/killed from falling/exploding drones.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 29 2014, 02:22 PM) *
I believe several were injured/killed from falling/exploding drones.

Oh yeah that makes sense. The number seems realistic given what we've seen then. Grease's footage probably has the answer anyway.

ETA: I still don't know whether Grease would have given Amy his taxi for those rides, so for now I posted as though she was still dealing with the limo company.
Jack VII
Hubert's and Nic's are like a mile or two away from each other, so it should be relatively quick.

ETA: I think the only person awake to respond to you is a rather unhappy Grease. LOL
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 29 2014, 01:26 PM) *
Oh yeah that makes sense. The number seems realistic given what we've seen then. Grease's footage probably has the answer anyway.

ETA: I still don't know whether Grease would have given Amy his taxi for those rides, so for now I posted as though she was still dealing with the limo company.

I will throw up an IC post in a bit about grabbing the kids.
-DrZ

ETA: I took a few liberties moving the timeline forward with moving the kids about. Let me know if you want me to change / edit anything.
Lobo0705
Ok - so timeline-wise, here's what we've got.

Amy is going to get back to the Abandoned house around 9:30.

Grease gets back at 10:00

Grease has the effects of the Novacoke wear off at 10:30

Jack and Overkill wake up at 1:00 PM

So, basically, Amy has 30 minutes to do something until Grease gets there, and then the two of them have 3 hours to kill unless they want to wake Jack and Overkill up - which is fine, but it means that neither Jack nor Overkill recover Edge.

You guys let me know what you guys want to do smile.gif
Jack VII
Jack is sort of OK not having regained Edge, but I'd like to have my max amount if we're probably getting into a gunfight tonight. Overkill has no Edge left, so he probably needs to sleep the whole time. The meet with Chapel to get our gear isn't until 2PM, IIRC
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 30 2014, 10:30 AM) *
Ok - so timeline-wise, here's what we've got.

Amy is going to get back to the Abandoned house around 9:30.

Grease gets back at 10:00

Grease has the effects of the Novacoke wear off at 10:30

Jack and Overkill wake up at 1:00 PM

So, basically, Amy has 30 minutes to do something until Grease gets there, and then the two of them have 3 hours to kill unless they want to wake Jack and Overkill up - which is fine, but it means that neither Jack nor Overkill recover Edge.

You guys let me know what you guys want to do smile.gif

I can also adjust the times on my post to take more time. All of those steps could easily take another 20 minutes each.
Lobo0705
It is also completely fine if you guys simply want to assume that Amy and Grease make small talk or take advantage of the lull in the action to grab a couple more hours of shut-eye, and then simply advance the timeline to 1:00 PM.

Chrome should be on soon, we'll wait on him to see what Amy would like to do.

ETA - he is already on smile.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 30 2014, 09:52 AM) *
I can also adjust the times on my post to take more time. All of those steps could easily take another 20 minutes each.

Well, part of the premise was to have someone on guard duty, although since we weren't hit over the last several hours, it seems like no one has a lock on our position. The guard duty part may not be so important. Then again, we are sleeping in a house that is unoccupied because the previous owners were capped not too long ago and we have to roust some devil rats out of it, so I am not entirely sure how safe it is.

As it stands, it seems like Grease and Amy left Overkill and Jack unguarded and knocked out the relocation. If they don't mind leaving the house unguarded, they could go drop the first Fly-Spy at the chip house to try and get a lock on when Stinger shows up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012