Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Lobo0705
So, just to recap our status before the weekend:

Edge:
Jack 4/5
Overkill 1/1
Amy 1/1
Grease 1/1

Damage:
Jack - None
Overkill - None
Amy - 1 box of physical
Grease - none (s/b 3 boxes but I had decided to let the original rolls stand, in future we will be handling the recovery as discussed).

Amy's Spirit
4 original services, 2 left (one used to conceal, one used to watch over you)

After all the RP is done at the hotel, it will take about 1.5 hour to travel to the various homes and change, and then arrive at Motel 6 - which gives you 60 minutes leeway before the meeting with Ramirez.

When you guys are ready, I think it would probably be a good idea to have a brief meet up with Sam and Nick at Nic's Knacks (if for no other reason that in character I think both Jack and Amy would want to touch base with them), and then (assuming you don't want to do anything else) we can head over to Motel 6. Overkill, btw, will ride his bike to his apartment and meet up with everyone at Nic's Knacks.

Sucks that Jack has to work frown.gif

I will actually be around (on and off) this weekend - Sunday night is my fantasy draft, so I will have time to post things between picks I'm sure, but I'm totally fine picking it up again on Tuesday smile.gif

That being said, I still have to work here for another hour and a half, so if you need anything let me know.
Jack VII
Amy's spirit is going to be gone by the time we get to the meeting with Ramirez, correct? It isn't bound or anything, right?

The plan above sounds fine to me. Jack would definitely want to meet up with Nic since they have been out of communications for some time. We can hit Hubert's on the way to pick up Sam, as it is pretty close to Nic's.

ETA: If any of you are bored and want to follow along with a pretty entertaining game, I just ran across this one on the CGL board called Tabula Rosa. Cool concept, everyone wakes up in medias res without any idea of who they are, what they know, or what they have. Tabula Rosa IC Thread
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Aug 29 2014, 02:32 PM) *
Amy's spirit is going to be gone by the time we get to the meeting with Ramirez, correct? It isn't bound or anything, right?

The plan above sounds fine to me. Jack would definitely want to meet up with Nic since they have been out of communications for some time. We can hit Hubert's on the way to pick up Sam, as it is pretty close to Nic's.

It isn't bound, and you are correct that when sundown happens it will go away - not sure if Chrome had any ideas for it between now and then though - was just being thorough smile.gif
DrZaius
I'm ready to move on to the next scene, if everyone else is. Grease said his concern, and Amy/Jack responded. I don't think he necessarily disagrees, he's just concerned about blowback.

In about 10 minutes Grease's taxi will show up; he will transfer the gear from the BMW into it, and send the BMW home.
Jack VII
If Amy has clothes at Nic's, we can just go straight there, hitting Hubert's house on the way, unless we have a reason to head to Amy's place. She can change at Nic's with no problem and Nic can probably watch Sam for the duration of the meet (although I definitely need to find him a nice gift once this run is over).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Aug 29 2014, 03:04 PM) *
If Amy has clothes at Nic's, we can just go straight there, hitting Hubert's house on the way, unless we have a reason to head to Amy's place. She can change at Nic's with no problem and Nic can probably watch Sam for the duration of the meet (although I definitely need to find him a nice gift once this run is over).

If Chrome is ok with it, then sometime over the weekend, then I'll post a transition piece over the weekend covering:

1) Overkill's trip home
2) Grease, Amy, and Jack arriving at Hubert's to visit the kids.

Then we can allow some RP at Hubert's before heading over to Nics.

Jake

Chrome Head
Sounds good to me.
Jack VII
WTF happened to my character sheet? Shit!

ETA: Hopefully it will be fixed by the time any of you see this. I went back to my charsheet and it was cut off halfway through the first contact! There was a percent sign, so I wonder if it failed to fully save after I updated my Edge. Uploading and editing my original character sheet. Glad I kept a copy of it.

EATA: OK, I think I fined it, I have no clue what went wrong. I am pretty sure the only thing I am not 100% on is the number of spare clips I got for the Colt and the number of standard credsticks I purchased from Honeypot (aside from my Edge Tracker and Future Plans).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Aug 30 2014, 09:48 AM) *
WTF happened to my character sheet? Shit!

ETA: Hopefully it will be fixed by the time any of you see this. I went back to my charsheet and it was cut off halfway through the first contact! There was a percent sign, so I wonder if it failed to fully save after I updated my Edge. Uploading and editing my original character sheet. Glad I kept a copy of it.

EATA: OK, I think I fined it, I have no clue what went wrong. I am pretty sure the only thing I am not 100% on is the number of spare clips I got for the Colt and the number of standard credsticks I purchased from Honeypot (aside from my Edge Tracker and Future Plans).

Sorry to hear your post got eaten frown.gif

The resource tracker says you got 4 credsticks - not sure how many spare clips you got - how about 2? 3? I trust you on it smile.gif

ETA:

1x Colt M23 w/ Internal Smartgun & Shock Pad
4x Spare Magazines for the M23
2x Ares SpinalTap FlashBang
5x Spare Magazines for an AK-97
1x Shock Pad
1x Gas Vent-2 System
40x Rounds of AR S&S (AR)
1x External Smartgun System

That was the list you sent Honeypot.

ETTA - I realize that we never flipped the date - it is actually August 2nd in game, not August 1st. I've fixed it in my last post.
Jack VII
OK, my gear list should be good then. I went ahead and adjusted all of my posts to the correct date.
Chrome Head
I fixed all the dates in my posts too, it's such a pain to do, but it makes your realize what a busy morning we've had.

I smiled when I found the point where it turns midnight but the date stays the same (page 48).
Lobo0705
I've corrected my posts to the correct date as well - peer pressure Dr. Zaius!

DrZaius
Hey guys,

Sorry- been super busy. I will try to correct my posts this evening, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks,
-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 2 2014, 12:29 PM) *
Hey guys,

Sorry- been super busy. I will try to correct my posts this evening, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks,
-DrZ

It isn't THAT important smile.gif

Get to it whenever you can smile.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 2 2014, 10:29 AM) *
Hey guys,

Thanks,
-DrZ

No bigee, I don't think we're waiting on it and I'm not sure Grease would have all that much to add here.
Chrome Head
I figured we're ready to move on to the next scene. I didn't have much more to add. On the way out Amy will stop by to tell Sam and Kevin that it'll be one or two more days before things get back to normal, and double-check that they're content living with Hubert.
Lobo0705
Jack - do you want to write up the arrival at Nic's, or do you want me to do it...

Either way is fine with me.
Jack VII
I should be able to do it. Finished closing out the last bits with inventory, so I have a bit of free time at the moment.

ETA: OK, post is up. I figure y'all would have been planning while Jack was in the shower.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 2 2014, 02:20 PM) *
I should be able to do it. Finished closing out the last bits with inventory, so I have a bit of free time at the moment.

ETA: OK, post is up. I figure y'all would have been planning while Jack was in the shower.

Great post Jack!
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 2 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Great post Jack!

Agreed. Additionally, I went back and changed all the dates I thought were incorrect.

-DrZ
Jack VII
Thanks! LOL, the peer pressure. I didn't think you or Lobo were going to do it since y'all had SO many posts during that period.

ETA: I'm pretty much done at Nic's, if we want to roll out. Jack would tell Nic that he hopes he is back this evening, but can't be totally sure.
Lobo0705
Hello,

Ok - I'll write up the transition scene sometime today (not sure how crazy work is going to be, it might be in the morning, it might be in the early afternoon at the latest).

In the meantime, if you want to discuss it, I thought it might be valuable to repeat exactly what Ramirez said, so you are ready for the meet. I think you have it pretty firmly grasped, but I figure it wouldn't hurt:

"I am prepared to offer you each 7,500 if you can identify the killers, and a further 7,500 if you can capture them alive and turn them over to the criminal justice system of the UCAS Zone. In addition, I'll offer 7,500 more each for proof of any conspiracy involved, and I believe there is one, and 7,500 more if you can capture the conspirators alive and bring them in as well. All told, each of you stands to earn up to 30,000 nuyen, no small fee."

So - as far as I can tell, you are looking at a payday of 60,000 nuyen.gif as you have identified the killers as well as have proof of a conspiracy.

ETA - really a payday of 52,000 nuyen.gif, as you've been advanced 8,000.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 3 2014, 06:39 AM) *
Hello,

Ok - I'll write up the transition scene sometime today (not sure how crazy work is going to be, it might be in the morning, it might be in the early afternoon at the latest).

In the meantime, if you want to discuss it, I thought it might be valuable to repeat exactly what Ramirez said, so you are ready for the meet. I think you have it pretty firmly grasped, but I figure it wouldn't hurt:

"I am prepared to offer you each 7,500 if you can identify the killers, and a further 7,500 if you can capture them alive and turn them over to the criminal justice system of the UCAS Zone. In addition, I'll offer 7,500 more each for proof of any conspiracy involved, and I believe there is one, and 7,500 more if you can capture the conspirators alive and bring them in as well. All told, each of you stands to earn up to 30,000 nuyen, no small fee."

So - as far as I can tell, you are looking at a payday of 60,000 nuyen.gif as you have identified the killers as well as have proof of a conspiracy.

ETA - really a payday of 52,000 nuyen.gif, as you've been advanced 8,000.

My understanding was that since we haven't brought anyone responsible to justice, we (at the moment) only stood to make about half that amount. I did check that original post whenever I posted my summary of where we stood a week or so ago cyber.gif

-DrZ

ETA: I'm ready to transition as well, btw.
Jack VII
Ah, oops. I guess I just really noticed that Grease was indicating we were completing the run at the meeting (even though I responded to Amy as if we were finishing our part tonight). I think we're actually in an okay position to complete the other two parts if we can figure out a way to take down Lynx. With that said, I'd be okay putting the run behind us if that's what we want to do.

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 3 2014, 07:20 AM) *
My understanding was that since we haven't brought anyone responsible to justice, we (at the moment) only stood to make about half that amount. I did check that original post whenever I posted my summary of where we stood a week or so ago cyber.gif

I asked either IC or OOC a long time ago about whether we could turn in the intel gathering jobs and get paid and then complete the remainder and Lobo said no. So if we're getting paid tonight, we're walking away from the rest of it.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 3 2014, 09:20 AM) *
Ah, oops. I guess I just really noticed that Grease was indicating we were completing the run at the meeting (even though I responded to Amy as if we were finishing our part tonight). I think we're actually in an okay position to complete the other two parts if we can figure out a way to take down Lynx. With that said, I'd be okay putting the run behind us if that's what we want to do.

I asked either IC or OOC a long time ago about whether we could turn in the intel gathering jobs and get paid and then complete the remainder and Lobo said no. So if we're getting paid tonight, we're walking away from the rest of it.

Oh. Well in that case, I think we'd want to hold back a bit what we show the Johnson. Probably just the videos of Lynx, and his meeting with Bradshere. I'd avoid adding the other Johnson in just yet. Plus, we don't have to tell him where we got the video; he doesn't need to know we made a deal. I just figured it'd be good to share the info with him in case we all get whacked so he doesn't start at square 1.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 3 2014, 07:45 AM) *
I just figured it'd be good to share the info with him in case we all get whacked so he doesn't start at square 1.

Yeah, I totally agree with this. I'm also kind of at a loss for how we get the ZDF involved, my contact is only a low-level Corporal. Maybe Ramirez will have an idea. We could also give the full collection of information we have to Chapel. I think he's holding our payment in escrow, so that could go both ways.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 3 2014, 09:48 AM) *
Yeah, I totally agree with this. I'm also kind of at a loss for how we get the ZDF involved, my contact is only a low-level Corporal. Maybe Ramirez will have an idea. We could also give the full collection of information we have to Chapel. I think he's holding our payment in escrow, so that could go both ways.

This is stuff I feel like we can discuss with the Johnson, since we're pretty close (or at least it feels that way).
-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 3 2014, 08:59 AM) *
This is stuff I feel like we can discuss with the Johnson, since we're pretty close (or at least it feels that way).

I'm not really sure that I have a feel for how Ramirez would react to the information we provide and continued attempts to apprehend the bad guys. Maybe we should hash it out IC. I know Lobo was going to post a transition post, so I guess we can chat about it once we get to the hotel.
Lobo0705
So, here is my thought (after thinking this morning about what I said earlier).

1) Identifying the killers. You've done that, no question - that 30K is yours.

2) Bringing them to justice - haven't done that yet - and at best, you are going to be able to capture Lynx, Falcon, and Gutter - as Stinger and Truck are gone (one way or another).

3) Proof of any conspiracy involved - this is going to depend on how you sell this, and what Ramirez is looking for. You have Bradshere cold. No question. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to link the conversation that Lynx had with the suit to the one he had with Bradshere - but because they are so vague in their conversation - they don't use the name of any police officers, they don't even directly speak about killing anyone, there is no proof that the suit is involved in what is going on. So it depends on whether Ramirez wants something he can use in court or not.

4) Capture the conspirators alive and bring them in as well. - haven't done that as of yet, would need to grab Bradshere, and more importantly and more difficult to do, grab the suit.
Jack VII
Well, hopefully we don't return to find Nic turned into a smoking skeleton!

Based on what Lobo has presented, I'm not sure which way to go. I think the... well, "easiest" probably isn't the best term, so let's use "clear-cut"... thing to do would be to take down Lynx and crew in a non-lethal manner and let the FRZ folks interrogate him to get the identity of the suit. We should get some credit for #2, but I'm not sure if that would qualify for completing the terms of #3. I think it's the best we can do, though. I personally don't think capturing the suit is much of an option, so I think #4 is going to be out.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 3 2014, 12:00 PM) *
Well, hopefully we don't return to find Nic turned into a smoking skeleton!

Based on what Lobo has presented, I'm not sure which way to go. I think the... well, "easiest" probably isn't the best term, so let's use "clear-cut"... thing to do would be to take down Lynx and crew in a non-lethal manner and let the FRZ folks interrogate him to get the identity of the suit. We should get some credit for #2, but I'm not sure if that would qualify for completing the terms of #3. I think it's the best we can do, though. I personally don't think capturing the suit is much of an option, so I think #4 is going to be out.

I was not planning on presenting the video of the suit to Ramirez. He can draw his own conclusions about that; but if we are tasked with getting the "conspirators"; I consider capturing Bradshere enough (or at least, Grease would cyber.gif)

ETA: It's not particularly important, but I think we're in the cab at the moment. I guess, not important unless Stinger bugged us.
-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 3 2014, 11:21 AM) *
I was not planning on presenting the video of the suit to Ramirez. He can draw his own conclusions about that; but if we are tasked with getting the "conspirators"; I consider capturing Bradshere enough (or at least, Grease would cyber.gif)

I can easily see where we would be okay with not giving Ramirez the video of the other Johnson. He may or may not figure out there is someone else involved if he tries to follow the money. After all, the Los Mags may have been capable of funding it themselves, considering they have a monopoly on Crimson Fire.

I think the main problem is that we need to come to an agreement on a game plan, if for no other reason than we would have had to have Overkill edit all the different video evidence we have together to tell the story we want to tell. It's not really something he is going to be able to do on the fly in the motel room with Ramirez. A lot of the reason some of the evidence is incriminating is because of the video we have of Stinger's confession. We'd have to figure out what to keep from that, if we are going to present it at all.
Chrome Head
With a great performance from Grease, we might be able to get away with #3 as it stands. #2 we just have got to complete somehow, and it's going to be hard. I agree that we'll probably not complete #4 unless we get really lucky somehow (like being able to interrogate Lynx ourselves... and he actually talks).
Jack VII
I'm just not sure if any performance, no matter how good, is going to change anything. Any cop worth their badge is going to ask for the full interrogation video if an edited clip is what is presented to them. I guess Lobo vis a vis Overkill can tell us what is possible.

From my perspective, we have the following new potential evidence we can present in relatively clean slices:

1) The videos from Smokey of Truck and Stinger
2) The footage from the Arsenal Ambush
3) The interrogation video of Stinger
4) The footage of Lynx meeting with Bradshere
5) The footage of Lynx meeting with Johnson

Presenting the interrogation video of Stinger, however, might require certain finagling if we don't want to reveal both 4 and 5, since Stinger mentions the other Johnson in addition to Bradshere (as well as tying everything together in a neat package).
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 3 2014, 01:25 PM) *
I'm just not sure if any performance, no matter how good, is going to change anything. Any cop worth their badge is going to ask for the full interrogation video if an edited clip is what is presented to them. I guess Lobo vis a vis Overkill can tell us what is possible.

From my perspective, we have the following new potential evidence we can present in relatively clean slices:

1) The videos from Smokey of Truck and Stinger
2) The footage from the Arsenal Ambush
3) The interrogation video of Stinger
4) The footage of Lynx meeting with Bradshere
5) The footage of Lynx meeting with Johnson

Presenting the interrogation video of Stinger, however, might require certain finagling if we don't want to reveal both 4 and 5, since Stinger mentions the other Johnson in addition to Bradshere (as well as tying everything together in a neat package).

What other video evidence have we presented? Do we have Lynx on video? If we do, we can say via our sources that we have him as the ringleader of this little hit squad, and present the video of him meeting with Bradshere. I have no intention of revealing the video of Stinger unless we have to; I figure that falls under the "plausible deniability" of our work with Ramirez. He hired us to find out who was crooked, and we did; if he was squeamish about how we went about that he wouldn't have hired Shadowrunners.

So, with that in mind, maybe I wasn't clear about what I wanted to present to him at the meet. I see what you mean about us getting our ducks in a row for "Overkill" to present to him (since we're basically running him as a DMNPC atm).
Jack VII
Hmmm... We've shown him several videos, I'll have to check to see which ones we would have presented to him the last time we met with him. Give me a few to track that down.

That didn't take long, it's actually in the Powerpoint we put together for him last time. We've provided video to him of:

1) The Jackson Murder (Stinger)
2) The Hawthorne Murder (Lynx)
3) The Newton Murder (Doctored)
4) The Mitchell Murder (Lynx)
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 3 2014, 03:30 PM) *
Hmmm... We've shown him several videos, I'll have to check to see which ones we would have presented to him the last time we met with him. Give me a few to track that down.

That didn't take long, it's actually in the Powerpoint we put together for him last time. We've provided video to him of:

1) The Jackson Murder (Stinger)
2) The Hawthorne Murder (Lynx)
3) The Newton Murder (Doctored)
4) The Mitchell Murder (Lynx)

Ok. So my plan is to present the case as we understand it. Lynx (as told to us by Argent) is in charge of a hit squad working for Bradshere (video). They are smuggling drugs with the Los Mags into the Free Zone, which is why officers in charge of smuggling and vice are the ones getting whacked. We also have the file from the one dead officer's house indicating that Bradshere had given him an unfavorable report (if I'm remembering correctly). Bradshere also (if I'm remembering correctly) names specific targets for Lynx in our video.

We have the co-conspirators on tape discussing the murder for hire ahead of the fact. That's more than enough for any decent cop to run with. Anything else we present (our mystery Johnson, stinger's interrogation) is only going to muddy the waters (at least in my opinion).

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 3 2014, 02:42 PM) *
Ok. So my plan is to present the case as we understand it. Lynx (as told to us by Argent) is in charge of a hit squad working for Bradshere (video). They are smuggling drugs with the Los Mags into the Free Zone, which is why officers in charge of smuggling and vice are the ones getting whacked. We also have the file from the one dead officer's house indicating that Bradshere had given him an unfavorable report (if I'm remembering correctly). Bradshere also (if I'm remembering correctly) names specific targets for Lynx in our video.

We have the co-conspirators on tape discussing the murder for hire ahead of the fact. That's more than enough for any decent cop to run with. Anything else we present (our mystery Johnson, stinger's interrogation) is only going to muddy the waters (at least in my opinion).

-DrZ

Might work, we can try... I'm adding supporting documentation for each of our claims.

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 3 2014, 02:42 PM) *
Ok. So my plan is to present the case as we understand it:
1) Lynx (as told to us by Argent) is in charge of a hit squad working for Bradshere. (Video)
2) They are smuggling drugs with the Los Mags, which is why officers in charge of smuggling and vice are the ones getting whacked. (Photos)
3) We also have the file from the one dead officer's house indicating that Bradshere had given him an unfavorable report (Stolen Personnel Files).
4) Bradshere also (if I'm remembering correctly) names specific targets for Lynx in our video. (Video)

I don't know if #3 is all that important of a piece of evidence. As for #4, I think we only have audio of him directing the hit on Hawthorne. I'm of the opinion that the Stinger interrogation and the Mysterious Johnson vids do a great deal more to actually address the problem we've been asked to solve, but given our actions, it probably would cost us more in the way of nuyen.gif if we were to pass them over, depending on how critical Ramirez wants to be. I'll be pretty unhappy if all this work only ends up netting us 5500 nuyen.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 3 2014, 03:57 PM) *
Might work, we can try... I'm adding supporting documentation for each of our claims.

I don't know if #3 is all that important of a piece of evidence. As for #4, I think we only have audio of him directing the hit on Hawthorne. I'm of the opinion that the Stinger interrogation and the Mysterious Johnson vids do a great deal more to actually address the problem we've been asked to solve, but given our actions, it probably would cost us more in the way of nuyen.gif if we were to pass them over, depending on how critical Ramirez wants to be. I'll be pretty unhappy if all this work only ends up netting us 5500 nuyen.gif

How do you figure it would cost us monies to present the findings to Ramirez? In the sense that we're only going to get paid once for the job? I guess I'm confused by what you mean by Ramirez being "critical"?

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 3 2014, 04:15 PM) *
How do you figure it would cost us monies to present the findings to Ramirez? In the sense that we're only going to get paid once for the job? I guess I'm confused by what you mean by Ramirez being "critical"?

If we're presenting the information to get paid tonight, we have two options:

1) Frame Bradshere as the mastermind behind the hits and essentially the sole conspirator in the deal (maybe Brown too), but neglect to mention Lynx's actual Johnson. If Ramirez buys it, we should get paid for identifying the conspirators, which would net us an extra 30K.

2) Show Ramirez everything, including the video of the Mystery Johnson, at which point we've failed to actually identify the full conspiracy, and may not earn that extra 30K.

It is somewhat similar with what to do with Stinger. Ramirez has already seen a video with him killing Officer Jackson, so even if we roll up the other three and get credit for killing Truck, we may not get paid any of the 15K because we didn't get that guy. At the same time, I feel like Stinger's testimony really connects all the dots, much better than anything we could provide through videos and photos alone.

Just my 0.02 nuyen.gif I'm trying to see things from Ramirez's perspective.
Chrome Head
About what we tell him or not, there's both the financial factor and also our reputation (doing our job well, being thorough, not lying to our Johnson).

Even then, I'd keep to ourselves any information that would make it too hard to get the money for identifying the conspirators, especially the bit about the mystery Johnson. I have to say that I believe the conspiracy to be even much, much deeper and imply a much larger number of people, but at first we were asked to identify the cops who are conspirators, and that really points to Bradshere so we're okay I think. In the same way, I'd try to frame only Lynx as the killer, him being the head of the group.

Regardless, I have no intention of asking for payment tonight, we're gonna get Lynx one way or the other, so better get paid for it. Is there disagreement about this?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Sep 3 2014, 05:26 PM) *
Regardless, I have no intention of asking for payment tonight, we're gonna get Lynx one way or the other, so better get paid for it. Is there disagreement about this?

Only that Grease specifically said that was what we were going to be doing.
QUOTE (Grease)
Cracking his knuckles, Grease answers first. "We do my favorite part of the job- get paid."

With that said, the statements following that made it seem like we weren't seeking to finish the job, so I'm not sure. It could just be confidence on Grease's part.

Personally, I think if we're going to be taking a shot at Lynx, we should be getting paid to do it. Plus, if we can roll him up and not kill him, he may be able to help us with making progress with identifying the conspirators and/or bringing some of them in.

Incidentally, the initial reason to touch base with Ramirez (although we didn't touch base with him until much later) was to tell him about the incident with Truck and to explain why we had to take him down. I feel like that's why we might be a little flat-footed for the meeting given that we've learned a hell of a lot more since that event.
Jack VII
I'm going to try to do some quick analysis of where we are at with the investigation. I am going to put it in spoilers as I am not sure if Lobo is okay with this given the somewhat limited timeline we have going on IC. I'll take it out of spoilers if Lobo gives the okay.

Our First Investigation
by: Jack VII

Objective 1: Identify the people responsible for the murders of a list of Lone Star Officers
Status: We have positively identified two of the killers, Lynx and Stinger, through video recordings. Stinger's interrogation has him rolling on both Truck and Falcon. As far as I recall, the only thing we have Gutter tied to is the incident at the rally, but only through Stinger's testimony and which, according to Stinger, was a side job that may or may not have involved the officers being murdered. ETA: We also have weapons that belong to Truck and Stinger that may or may not have been used in the commission of some of these murders. I believe we definitively know that Stinger's weapon was not the one he used in the only murder that we have him verified as committing. Truck's Krime Spree may or may not be the weapon that was used to kill Officers Newton and Taylor. Of course, one major problem with all of this, if conviction is the end goal, would be chain of custody of the evidence.

Objective 2: Bring the murderers of the Lone Star Officers to justice
Status: We killed Truck and let Stinger go. Based on Lobo's insinuation, we aren't going to see Stinger again. That leaves us with the three people remaining in Lynx's crew: Lynx, Falcon, and Gutter.

Objective 3: Identify the conspiracy related to the murder of the Lone Star Officers
Status: Bradshere is pretty much cooked through video evidence and Stinger's interrogation. We also have Browne, but only definitively through Stinger's interrogation. As I recall, the only other thing that was specifically suspect was the warrant at the rally, which Browne apparently signed, but which isn't definitively linked to the murders. We don't have an ID on Mystery Johnson.

Objective 4: Bring the conspirators to justice
Status: All three of the members of the conspiracy of which we are aware are alive and free. This assumes we don't ahve to include the leadership of the Los Mags as co-conspirators.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 3 2014, 07:59 PM) *
I'm going to try to do some quick analysis of where we are at with the investigation. I am going to put it in spoilers as I am not sure if Lobo is okay with this given the somewhat limited timeline we have going on IC. I'll take it out of spoilers if Lobo gives the okay.

[ Spoiler ]

Great summary Jack. I will reread and see if I have anything to to contribute when I get home. I'd imagine I'd probably post tomorrow as I'm in transit tonight.
Chrome Head
Ok here's how I see it.

1) Done.

2) We will do it, meaning we'll get Lynx alive and hopefully Falcon and Gutter alive too, but we might want to check with Ramirez if Lynx would be enough for him (and maybe negotiate about it if he says no initially). If he complains about missing team members, we can show him all about Truck and he'll understand, and tell him that Stinger turned informant and show him a (possibly edited) version of the video.

3) Let's leave Mystery Johnson out for now. We have to decide if we want to show Stinger's interrogation. We can edit it to include as much or as little as we want. If we want to convince Ramirez that we have proof of Bradshere's conspiracy, we might want to include that part of Stinger's interrogation (which means we'd also have to explain how he got away) but nothing about Brown and Mystery Johnson.

4) We'll see.

What I'd like to add is that getting Lynx alive in 2), if we end up doing it ourselves, can give us 3) with some extra effort. From there we can decide on 4).

And yes, I don't expect to get paid or even ask to get paid tonight. Amy has voiced her opinion and Jack agreed in IC. It contradicts what Grease said. If he still disagrees, he should discuss it IC, just let us know Zaius and we can easily RP it.
Lobo0705
You can take the spoiler tag off - sorry I was gone all evening - had to GM my PnP group smile.gif

So you have a solid half hour before the meet to discuss things IC - and I believe somewhere you talked about setting up a perimeter. Also Amy will need to summon a new spirit as the sun is setting.

I can advance the timeline if you want, I stopped it here in case you wanted to do something before Ramirez arrives.
Jack VII
I'm taking the convo IC. If Jim gives us the room, we can have a quick conversation about what we're going to show Ramirez. I don't think we're going to have much time to do edits, unless they're cut and dry.
DrZaius
I will send my fly-spies into the air around the motel as overwatch. Jack- I'm ready to respond IC if you want to have a quick convo about what we're showing Ramirez.

-DrZ
Jack VII
DrZ: I just posted IC to get us to the room and get Grease to put a Fly-Spy outside, if that's okay. Jack's making a pretty obvious suggestion about the room (sweep for listening devices) before we start a conversation. I would guess Overkill would take care of that.

@Lobo: I'm guessing it's 8:10PM? The DTG for us arriving at the Motel 6 has a copy-paste error and contains two times and dates, I went with the time associated with the most current date. Hope that was correct.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 4 2014, 08:41 AM) *
DrZ: I just posted IC to get us to the room and get Grease to put a Fly-Spy outside, if that's okay. Jack's making a pretty obvious suggestion about the room (sweep for listening devices) before we start a conversation. I would guess Overkill would take care of that.

@Lobo: I'm guessing it's 8:10PM? The DTG for us arriving at the Motel 6 has a copy-paste error and contains two times and dates, I went with the time associated with the most current date. Hope that was correct.

Yes - my bad - I fixed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012